Sony PlayStation 3

I don't care what console a game is on Kamy but I really don't like the PS3 controller. The triggers are horrible, there's not nearly enough movement in them (they're way too short), and I find the sticks too close together (and far away from your thumb's normal resting position). The 360 pad is far more ergonomic.

I've demoed a ton of games, Uncharted looks okay, Motorstorm is pap, Warhawk isn't a CoD4 beater, Ratchet and Clan looks amazing but is boring to play, Resistance is average (not enough money to buy average games) and UT3 is as much for kids as Halo. In my opinion, of course.

Never been interested in LittleBigPlanet, not my kind of game at all, Metal Gear Solid 4 I was looking forward to but after seeing some videos of it I think it's gone a bit mental. Everybody's Golf though I really like, and it is a wrench to let it go purely because of how great the control methods are. It's the only game bar Rock Band I really really want to play, and after looking around for three days non-stop I've given up on getting Rock Band for less than £200 (even getting it for £200 is difficult enough now).

That Loco Roco game for £1.99 is fantastic as well, I've played that more than anything, but keeping a console for a mini-game is ludicrous.

I feel like a total tit after looking for one frantically but, I'm sad to say, it's going on eBay shortly I think.

Jack in the new issue of PSM3 there are some clip on triggers which make them much better.

Bought it funnily enough, they enhance them but they don't make a massive difference IMO. You only have to push down slightly and it's fully down, which I really don't like. Makes things harder than they need to be.

I'm going to wait and see if someone on eBay who was selling £200 Buy It Now Rock Band packs gets back to me. He doesn't have any for sale at the minute and all of the others are (or are going to be) over £200. If he has any left to sell me, I'll keep it, otherwise it's outta here.

Just played Uncharted. I'm almost, almost tempted to do a 360 (get it?). What a fantastic game, the programmers have done a fantastic job. It feels just right through and through.

i'm in the market for a ps3 at the minute jack, solely to play hot shots golf.

i take it you have the jap import? of hot shots that is...

i'm in the market for a ps3 at the minute jack, solely to play hot shots golf.

i take it you have the jap import? of hot shots that is...
Nope, was going to wait until Everybody's Golf 2 in March, which is what the vast majority will be playing (thanks to all-English text).

You wouldn't want it off me anyway mate, I will be vastly overcharging on eBay with a "Best Offer" button underneath to see how much I can get off desperate parents with spoilt little brats. :lol: If I only break even I might as well keep the damn thing!

Haven't put it on yet, I'm going to give it another 24hrs and see if I can find a cheap Rock Band. I'll let you know the number if I do.

Uncharted is very well produced I must say. As I mentioned in another thread, I got it around X-Mas and then traded it in as I had loads of other games I wanted.

The 'acting' in the game is very good - genuinely laugh out loud funny in places and the game itself it is good - but I felt I'd done it all before with Tomb Raider.

Still, loving UT3... theres life in the old PS3 yet! Why o why did I sell Everybody/Minna golf last week :(

Are there any good racing games about? I've played the demo of Burnout and while it was quite fun, in previous games I've found I get bored quite quickly with all the other things you have to do. I just want something simple (but fun).

Are there any good racing games about? I've played the demo of Burnout and while it was quite fun, in previous games I've found I get bored quite quickly with all the other things you have to do. I just want something simple (but fun).

As well as Motorstorm, F1 is very, very good. Motion controls help make it more interactive and the online side of things is pretty nice too.

About a good as an F1 game as you could hope for at the moment...

AVOID NASCAR!!! Damn, I love NASCAR, but that game sucks the big one...

Definitely keeping the PS3 now. Just got Rock Band for £170. Compared to the last eBay price I saw of £220, that's a bargain.

WOOHOO!!!

Yessiree :)

He had ten last night, he had one left this afternoon. I don't know how I missed it but thank God I decided to do one last search before I started taking cables back (£50 on cables just to plug it into my telly and Logitech surround thing).

$499 80GB PS3 bundle includes MGS4, DualShock 3

If you haven't already purchased one, there's a hot new PS3 SKU coming in June to commemorate the release of Metal Gear Solid 4, confirmation of something we heard earlier today. The bundle includes the game, a DualShock 3 and an 80GB PS3 for the extremely reasonable price of $499. We're not sure of an exact date, but expect it sometime in late Q2, according the the press release.

We've heard plenty of predictions that 2008 is going to be the PS3's year, and if this extremely attractive SKU is any indication, the future could be very bright indeed.

DualShock 3 to debut in April for $54

More news from the Destination PlayStation retailer conference: last-gen rumble is reportedly coming to North American PS3 controllers this April with the release of the DualShock 3. The unit should go on sale on April 15th for $54.99 (a $5 premium over the rumble-less Sixaxis), timed to coincide with the April 17th launch of rumble-capable GT5: Prologue. We've asked Sony to confirm this information.

[Update: Press release just came over the wire confirming an April launch and the $54.99 price tag.]

My mate who was an avid D-Padder has almost sawn through my 2nd pads left stick, mainly through Fifa. It looks like it snowed around the stick after each bash... I'm going to have to get a metal ring on it... Must be a D padder thing..

Back
Top Bottom