Sony PlayStation 3

My prediction would be a slim PS3 launching day n date with GT5 in March 09.

But the pad is shit on the X360. I played both and I just cant play on the X360. The PS3 version is actually playable. I actually have it paused whilst typing this. :lol:

This has been confirmed by me after some testing.

If you want PES2008 on PS3 to play at a lower speed, play the game using the PS2 controllers with the Pelican adaptor. This to me, brings the speed of the game/players perform at a noticable slower but more realistic pace.

It's strange, but the PS2 controllers does something to cause this in a good way I might add.

I've also noticed that PES2007(ps2 version)on PS3 plays slightly different(slower) than it does when playing on a regular PS2 console. Maybe it's the HDMI, but when I play this game on the PS2 with HD cables, the game's colors look crispier and game speed is faster. On the PS3, graphics look good, however a bit hazy and game pace is slower.

Go figure..

Also (not trying to be Anti PS3 here) just tried the demo of MX vs ATV Untamed on BOTH 360 and PS3, Both through HDMI as I have an Elite 360.... and it looks blurry and less detailed on the PS3.... plus it has a bit of the jitters ( a la PES 2008 )...

I've also noticed that PES2007(ps2 version)on PS3 plays slightly different(slower) than it does when playing on a regular PS2 console. Maybe it's the HDMI, but when I play this game on the PS2 with HD cables, the game's colors look crispier and game speed is faster. On the PS3, graphics look good, however a bit hazy and game pace is slower.

Go figure..
Its because on the PS3 its using an emulator to run PS2 games.

Doesnt the PS3 have the Emotion Engine from the PS2? (Some Models do)
wouldnt most of it be Hardware Emulation as apposed to Software (360's Xbox 1 Emu)?

Only very early Jap and US models have the Emotion Engine in them, i.e. the 60Gb's and possibly the first 20Gb's. The 80Gb in the States is like the Euro 60Gb's, they DON'T have an Emotion Engine chip, but do have a chip of sorts that lets them emulate some games but not all. The 40Gb machines have nothing, thus they cant run any PS2 titles, but can run PS1 titles through a simple software emulation.

My Sexyshock has arrived and it only took 7 days (when it was eventually shipped).

:8):

Previews: Resistance 2
Everything we know about this PS3 shooter sequel so far.

Click

Last edited:
Quick question about the PS3 - I got a 40GB PS3 last week. Haven't played it much but had a turn on FIFA 08 last night. After 30 mins the fan kicked in and the noise was unbelievable!

Are they really that loud?

Quick question about the PS3 - I got a 40GB PS3 last week. Haven't played it much but had a turn on FIFA 08 last night. After 30 mins the fan kicked in and the noise was unbelievable!

At two in the morning, mine sounds loud but overall it's pretty quiet.

Does the fan sound as if it's not running true? My PS3 has been pretty quiet, but never really used it for very long occasions yet, but 30 mins seems abit strange for it to sound like a 360. If it does it again, I would call Sony mate, or take it back to the shop you got it from.

It's hooked up to a PJ and therefore right above my head - that might account for some of the decibels.

The ventilation is not ideal, so I imagine that's why it started blowing so early. I'll see what I can do about that, but the fan itself sounded fine. Just loud.

I wasn't expecting it, so maybe that was half the problem.

negative on both counts mate I had the ps3 version before and the graphics are slightly worse than 360. Same response issues

I think the 360 version is more detailed texture wise, but the colours are washed out, and it has that rediculous shine effect that they used to stick on the PS2 versions.

45nm Cell Means Cheaper PS3

From 90mm to 65mm to 45mm - IBM has announced details on a smaller, more efficient version of the Cell BE processor, which of course is the brains inside every shiny new PlayStation 3. IBM will soon migrate from the 65nm process currently used to manufacture the chips to their next generation 45nm high-k process, which results in a Cell that requires 40 percent less power, reducing cooling costs while a smaller die means higher yields and a lower overall cost. This gives Sony a choice - reduce the price of the system to increase their install base or just ride the cheaper process for awhile to work up a little profit. Also interesting to note is that once again the shrink comes with no performance tweaks, with IBM citing the need to maintain gaming software operation. In other words, IBM's Cell division is Sony's little bitch.

I dont see washed out colours on my 360 Elite? perhaps its only the NON HDMI versions of the 360 that experience this?

My friends TV is some no-mark brand so I dunno if its that, or the fact it was on component. But it was definitely washed out.

And like I said, it had that horrible white shine effect on everything which probably contributed to the wash-out I saw.

My friends TV is some no-mark brand so I dunno if its that, or the fact it was on component. But it was definitely washed out.

And like I said, it had that horrible white shine effect on everything which probably contributed to the wash-out I saw.

Sounds more like the bloke has his TV with too much Brightness rather than anything else lad.

Its cool mate, you have a high opinion of the PS3 and I am very disappointed with its 1st year.... Not much to show.

Back
Top Bottom