Sony PlayStation 3

Its a matter of opinion mate. CoD4 I can get on 360, same for NBA and Burnout (allthough I think that game is boring shite) Its only really Time Crisis that you cant play on a 360 but again I think that game has run its course.

I played Gran Turismo 4 today and I wont repeat what ive said about it 1million times already.... what I will say is I turned it off within minutes!

Except that COD4 and Burnout are arguably better on PS3 Dave.

Alright lads, leave it, no need for this to become silly buggers again. It is a matter of opinion yes, but stop poking each other with sticks, people like what they like.

DJ, you have ALL the now gen consoles as such, and you play on each of them, I now have the PS3 and a 360, and both have plus and minus points, the PS3 is so quiet to use, but it's online stuff needs a re-design, make a button on the pad the back button and make it the O like it is for everything else, not press O to leave the store. Yeah we know it's free, but enough about that. Live and my friends list make gaming on my 360 alot of fun, mainly cause the people on this site usually play on it.

Mat, what you say is also a matter of opinion, there is nowhere that has mentioned those games are arguably better on the PS3, even you mentioned you wanted d-pad driving control in the Burnout thread. Everyone praised Infinity Ward for being one of the best developers to have the PS3 and 360 versions of the games running exactly the same. I have played the demo's of Burnout on both formats, and I cant tell the difference in them, the XB showed some clipping and slowdown in part, but this has been optimised for the full game and afaik it was removed.

Just enjoy the fact that they are both very powerful consoles, and have alot of decent games on each now, I played Formula 1 '07 there today on my PS3, just for old times sake, man alive we live in a very lucky gaming time now! It may of been the best F1 game of it's time, but it looks bobbins in this day and age, especially considering it was a Bizarre Creations game, before they moved to M-SR and then of course the PGR series. Well done BC is all I will say!

Yes they both have their strong points... when I eventually finish off filming my little documentary about them both it will suprise you with what I say about both. Mat if they really do run better on the PS3 then that makes a change.. most other mult platform games I have played have looked and played smoother on the 360. But like Holio says its down to our own opinions and thats what Forums are all about :)

Alright lads, leave it, no need for this to become silly buggers again. It is a matter of opinion yes, but stop poking each other with sticks, people like what they like.

DJ, you have ALL the now gen consoles as such, and you play on each of them, I now have the PS3 and a 360, and both have plus and minus points, the PS3 is so quiet to use, but it's online stuff needs a re-design, make a button on the pad the back button and make it the O like it is for everything else, not press O to leave the store. Yeah we know it's free, but enough about that. Live and my friends list make gaming on my 360 alot of fun, mainly cause the people on this site usually play on it.

Mat, what you say is also a matter of opinion, there is nowhere that has mentioned those games are arguably better on the PS3, even you mentioned you wanted d-pad driving control in the Burnout thread. Everyone praised Infinity Ward for being one of the best developers to have the PS3 and 360 versions of the games running exactly the same. I have played the demo's of Burnout on both formats, and I cant tell the difference in them, the XB showed some clipping and slowdown in part, but this has been optimised for the full game and afaik it was removed.

Just enjoy the fact that they are both very powerful consoles, and have alot of decent games on each now, I played Formula 1 '07 there today on my PS3, just for old times sake, man alive we live in a very lucky gaming time now! It may of been the best F1 game of it's time, but it looks bobbins in this day and age, especially considering it was a Bizarre Creations game, before they moved to M-SR and then of course the PGR series. Well done BC is all I will say!
There is an F1 07? I didnt even think one had even been made due to Sony NOT taking up the license?

Sorry, I meant Formula 1 '97, by Psygnosis (sp?) and developed by Bizarre Creations.

formula1_97_front.jpg

Last edited:
Just come into receipt of a PS3. Are there any sports games I should be picking up?

I've heard PE2008 is pretty disastrous, is FIFA any better?

Everybody's Golf in March is obviously a must.

Yeah I'll second that Terry, I've played FIFA 08 on the PS3 and it's really, really good.

ThomasGOAL - What do you think of PES2008 on the PS3?

I agree with the 2K8 vote, if you know about the NBA or are willing to learn the game then you'll get a lot more out of it.

But the pad is shit on the X360. I played both and I just cant play on the X360. The PS3 version is actually playable. I actually have it paused whilst typing this. :lol:

Need help!!!

I have a new baby, so I need to use headphones so as to not wake the kid. Can i just plug in USB headphones (with mic) into the USB port on my PS3 and hear not only ALL the music & effects, but also the voice chat? If so, which brands do you recommend?

Need help!!!

I have a new baby, so I need to use headphones so as to not wake the kid. Can i just plug in USB headphones (with mic) into the USB port on my PS3 and hear not only ALL the music & effects, but also the voice chat? If so, which brands do you recommend?

I think you need to plug them into the TV instead.

I think you need to plug them into the TV instead.

Thanks Tobi... this is exactly what i ended up doing!!! I have a 5.1 home theatre system set up but I just can't fire it up anymore, so I am back to stereo sound from headphones (LOL)... the agony of having a BMW in the garage but having your driving license revoked (ha ha ha)...

Electronic Arts has confirmed that shooter Mercenaries 2: World in Flames has been delayed.

The game is currently in development for PC, PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. Recent rumours had it down for a February release, but EA told Eurogamer there would be no sign of it "within the next few months".

Now big boss John Riccitiello has confirmed the delay, stating Mercs 2 will be out in fiscal year 2009 - in other words, some time after 1st April. PS3 and Xbox 360 title Battlefield: Bad Company will also be late.

"We have made the decision to move Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2 into fiscal 2009," Riccitiello said. "Both titles are looking great and we believe with additional polish we will build a better consumer experience and thereby maximise our economics."

New PSthree in the works?

teamxbox said:
Rumor: Sony Readying a Slimmer PlayStation 3
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar" Share This ArticleFeb. 1st, 2008 1:04 pm Four years after its release, Sony lauched a new, slimmer PlayStation 2 (also known unofficially as the "PStwo") for the launch of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Although we expect Sony to do something similar with the PlayStation 3, no one would have thought that such redesign could arrive so soon. T3 Magazine claims it has learned from an insider that Sony is working on a a slimmer PS3:

According to a particularly well-informed insider, it seems that the Big S is prepping an all new PlayStation 3. The new incarnation is supposedly slimmer, lighter weight, and sexy as hell.

The british magazine even has conceptual renders of what would such PlayStation 3 model would look like.

If Sony redesigns the PlayStation 3 and makes it slimmer and lighter, do you think Microsoft should do the same with the Xbox 360?

http://www.t3.com/news-gallery?articleId=5165

Back
Top Bottom