Sony PlayStation 3

A quick question guys, the PSOne games for sale in the PSStore, are they just straight conversions of the original games, made to play from the harddrive, or have they been converted/touched up at all for HD purposes?

A quick question guys, the PSOne games for sale in the PSStore, are they just straight conversions of the original games, made to play from the harddrive, or have they been converted/touched up at all for HD purposes?

Completely original.

But thats part of the charm, I've got all the ones available on the UK store, loving playing them.

Plan M - Uncharted really is the best looking game out at the moment, but things do get repetitive and boring.

If youve got a massive HD telly, it'd be worth it just to look at it.

Who's Winning The Console War In The US?

One batch of numbers we didn't touch on from yesterday's NPD sales data figures were the 2007 year-to-date and lifetime-to-date console sales in the US. The figures reveal some enlightening, and for some, distressing, details about the current winners and losers in the US console war. For example, the Nintendo DS, which walked away with the #1 spot in '07, sold a total of 8.5 million units in the US last year, over twice that of the PSP and essentially doubling it's lifetime install base.

The rest of the annual sales are below.

2007 Total Hardware Sales

Nintendo DS - 8,500,000
Wii - 6,290,000
Xbox 360 - 4,620,000
PlayStation 2 - 3,970,000
PSP - 3,820,000
PlayStation 3 - 2,560,000

But who's currently reigning supreme in totals?

The PlayStation 2, of course, which won't be touched by any of its current generation competitors any time soon. The Wii, on the other hand, could easily overtake the install bases of both the Xbox 360 and PSP in a matter of months, if trends continue. That is dependent upon Nintendo meeting demand, naturally.

Here's how the market looks as of December 2007.

Lifetime-To-Date Total Hardware Sales

PlayStation 2 - 41,120,000
Nintendo DS - 17,650,000
PSP - 10,470,000
Xbox 360 - 9,150,000
Wii - 7,380,000
PlayStation 3 - 3,250,000

My expectations must be too high... I've seen nothing better than average PC stuff IMHO...:roll:

Same here mate, that's why I sold my PS3. It seems like it's the slowest console EVER to take off. With the 360 there were a few gems that were released with it and good games came out quite quickly. I just don't get excited by any of the PS3 games, they all seem a bit poo. I haven't played ONE PS3 game which has blown me away yet.

I know it's early days and it took a while for decent stuff to happen on the PS2.I guess I am expecting too much... I was hoping and still are that the learning curve from 2-3 is not too long. I hope were not waiting until next Christmas or longer for something truly worth the next gen tag!

to be fair, there are a lot of decent games on the PS3. The thing is, most of these are multiplatform - and I usually end up purchasing the ones on the 360 due to XBox live benefits.

If you have the PS3, there is plenty to keep you entertained. However, if you have both 360 and PS3, there ain't much to push you to Sony's side imho.

what about this so called ps3 Home that i keep hearing about? its suppose to be far superior then xbox live.

Also i am thinking of buying a ps3 purely so i can use my logitech g25 wheel on a racing game like GT5 and for blu ray

Home launches in March, more info at GDC next monthh.

Far superior to live? I very much doubt it. They have even copied Lives achievment idea with Trophies.....

I like the idea of a 3D Virtual world which you can meet people and play games with people but other than that I dont think it will surpass Live in ANY way.

The japanese have always struggled to understand online play and service.
Remember Konamis first attempt at online play in Winning Eleven where you had to pay to play for a certain club etc.

Frontlines isn't a loss of any kind, apparently the 360 demo is poor.

Back
Top Bottom