Sony PlayStation 3

I like it as well, I wouldn't get it because it can't compete with R6 Vegas and CoD4 in my opinion, but it's still a valiant effort.

Hey guys. I posted this question a while ago and never got any response. I want to buy PS3 but before I do I want to know how it holds up. I have tried 3 xbox 360 from Best Buy and all 3 were defective so I returned each one of them and got my money back. I need to know if PS3 has similar problems like XBOX does such as...3 rings of death, games freezing, scratching discs...etc...

My Dualshock wont get shipped until February 7th!

:mad:

xmb_in_bp_ci_08.jpg

In-game XMB? Sort of...

First of all for those of you who will doubt this; yes, the photo is 100% legitimate, not a "no-name source" sort of deal. You can check for yourself if you own Burnout Paradise. Simply pause the game at any point, select the "Paradise City Online" menu, and press Triangle. Bam, there's your friends list, just as you remember it from the XMB. You can send and receive messages, change your comment, add, block, remove... anything you could normally find listed under the Friends icon can be found here. Although a few other titles have allowed messaging from certain menus, this is the first time it's been available during gameplay.

While this isn't exactly the full implementation that we've all been waiting for Sony to bring us, it's certainly a step in the right direction, and closer than we've come from a non-PSN title to in-game XMB yet. Although a custom soundtrack would be a great alternative to the overall crapfest that is EA Trax, there's little reason to be upset with this feature being available at any time.

:cool:

Custom soundtracks will be put in when Sony update the system, Criterion said so on their podcast.

Not long to go now.

Also the people you play online show up in the Players Met section on the XMB, Its the only 3rd party game thats done this I think.

Last edited:
Do you like Western RPG's? Are you a fan of the Lord of the Rings? Tis a decent game if you want something to last you a while, and liek the sort of type and setting of the game, and can be picked up pretty cheap atm.

ok, cool, it was at £17.99 from game (online) but now it's out of stock.

what's the difference between the normal and the game of the year version ?

I'm pretty sure that the game of the year version includes the expansion pack.

Sony has announced that from this Friday you'll be able to pick up a PlayStation 3 and two first-party games for GBP 349.99.

The new bundle, titled Pick N Mix, gives you 12 games to choose from. For starters there's the excellent Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, plus launch titles Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm.

You might also like Ridge Racer 7, Heavenly Sword and Formula 1. Or if you're insane, Lair, Folklore and Genji. And finally there's Warhawk (complete with headset) and the superb SingStar (complete with microphones).

The deal will be available "until further notice", according to Sony. And at this point, only in the UK; it'll be up to Sonys across Europe to decide what to offer the respective local populaces.

New Official Bundles Ahoy!

Though I think tis not as good as the deal when shifting the last 60Gb's sure there is a few newer games, but the system doesnt have as many features, but for someone who dont want or need BC etc, thats not bad to pick up WarHawk and Uncharted etc.

Sony has announced that from this Friday you'll be able to pick up a PlayStation 3 and two first-party games for GBP 349.99.

The new bundle, titled Pick N Mix, gives you 12 games to choose from. For starters there's the excellent Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, plus launch titles Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm.

You might also like Ridge Racer 7, Heavenly Sword and Formula 1. Or if you're insane, Lair, Folklore and Genji. And finally there's Warhawk (complete with headset) and the superb SingStar (complete with microphones).

The deal will be available "until further notice", according to Sony. And at this point, only in the UK; it'll be up to Sonys across Europe to decide what to offer the respective local populaces.

Good to see you with all the latest news...............

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe boss David Reeves has said PlayStation 3 is outselling Xbox 360 three times over in Europe.

"In terms of installed base in some of our major markets, such as France, Spain, Germany and Italy - plus some distributor territories in smaller markets like Switzerland - our current cumulative installed base is now higher than Xbox 360," Reeves told trade publication MCV.

"It has not yet reached that in the UK. But the team here expect to overtake the installed base of Xbox 360 across all PAL territories in late summer," he added.

"It's also worth mentioning that last week we outsold Xbox 360 in PAL territories by a ratio of three to one."

According to Reeves, PS3, PS2 and PSP all sold more than a million units each in PAL countries during December. Around 20 per cent of the PS3 units shifted were purchased in the UK.

I WILL TRY THIS ONE MORE TIME: PLEASE GUYS, DOES PS3 HAS ANY PROBLEMS LIKE 360 DOES.....OR ITS STABLE..NO RINGS OF DEATH, NO SCRATCHING AND FREEZING GAMES... LIST SOME PROBLEMS THAT YOUVE HAD AND DID YOU EVER RETURN YOUR CONSOLE LIKE MANY 360 FANS HAVE.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe boss David Reeves has said PlayStation 3 is outselling Xbox 360 three times over in Europe.

"In terms of installed base in some of our major markets, such as France, Spain, Germany and Italy - plus some distributor territories in smaller markets like Switzerland - our current cumulative installed base is now higher than Xbox 360," Reeves told trade publication MCV.

"It has not yet reached that in the UK. But the team here expect to overtake the installed base of Xbox 360 across all PAL territories in late summer," he added.

"It's also worth mentioning that last week we outsold Xbox 360 in PAL territories by a ratio of three to one."

According to Reeves, PS3, PS2 and PSP all sold more than a million units each in PAL countries during December. Around 20 per cent of the PS3 units shifted were purchased in the UK.
I am not entirely sure I believe this to be honest..I know there are a lot of PlayStation fans but I cant believe they have all been able to splash out for one....

A quick question lads (for anyone who knows about PS2 saves put onto a PS3) Does anyone know a site where I can download some saves that are converted to PS3 format? So I can transfer them to the PS3 via a memory stick? Id like to get a Sonic Mega Collection + save with all the games unlocked.

No suprise there too

Sony Japan has released the first image associated with the PS3 game Team ICO is working on.

The looks-a-bit-conceptual picture appears on the official site above job adverts for planners, animators, artists and effects designers.

We're only telling you about this because you keep emailing us claiming it confirms the existence of a new game. Which it doesn't really - it's a drawing of a chain going down a hole in the middle of a circular stone floor.

Team ICO Gamers first spotted it and has now been looking at it for hours, concluding that the shadow in the upper portion of the picture is cast by something shackled to the chain.

"Something or someone is imprisoned down there," states Team ICO Gamers. Dramatically. Probably using ketchup as fake blood.

What do you think is hiding at the end of the chain, Eurogamer reader? Extra points and maybe an invisible prize for ingenuity.

I got mine in october and am very happy with it. I own it and a Wii too, and a PC that's 5 years old. The PC can't play modern games that well, it can do Battlefield 2 but that's it. I play Mario Galaxy on the Wii (also I play Super Street Fighter on the Wii's VC sometimes) and sometimes Wii Sports and Play, but I play the PS3 the most.

PES2008, CoD4, and now Burnout I play a lot, Time Crisis and NBA 2k8 I play maybe 1-2 times a week. Warhawk I never play any more and I traded in Sega Rally coz it was a right Reggie Blinker of a game. Also sometimes I play PS1 bomberman on the PS3.

Its a matter of opinion mate. CoD4 I can get on 360, same for NBA and Burnout (allthough I think that game is boring shite) Its only really Time Crisis that you cant play on a 360 but again I think that game has run its course.

I played Gran Turismo 4 today and I wont repeat what ive said about it 1million times already.... what I will say is I turned it off within minutes!

Back
Top Bottom