Sony PlayStation 3

It looks like it is going to be on EU store tonight, at the moment it is down for maintenece, speculation is that Sony is updating it at the moment.

If it is on the store then Naughty Dog locked the game not Sony

You got to love having a PS3, don't you?

Now I want to play some FIFA online but I have to update the system first. Fine, it's just a couple of minutes.

Well, not really. I've downloaded 1% from the Sony servers in about 15 minutes, which is something Sony should be proud of, it's super awesome.

Then they have removed the firmware updates page from their UK based site, so we can't get it through our PC.

Thank God I've just found a fast direct download link, otherwise I'd go mad. Seriously.

Here it is, by the way.

You are seriously negative aren't you pal, why don't you just sell your PS3? I downloaded the update using System Update in around 20 mins. No problems with it at all. Maybe its your connection mate.

You are seriously negative aren't you pal, why don't you just sell your PS3? I downloaded the update using System Update in around 20 mins. No problems with it at all. Maybe its your connection mate.

Well, I'm not going to sell it. I like the console, that's not the point. I'm just starting to get pissed off by Sony's treatment, there are small issues that should have been fixed/added a long time ago and it just sounds like they don't give a shit. Then they add some features, like the Information Board, that make the system freeze and if you don't disable it, the console will eventually crash. Oh well.

Regarding the firmware update download speeds, it's not my fault. Most people were having issues yesterday afternoon. I'm downloading the Uncharted demo now at about 2 mb/s, so there's no doubt my connect isn't the problem.

Edit: Oh wait, just remembered we can't play it in Europe. Shit.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not going to sell it. I like the console, that's not the point. I'm just starting to get pissed off by Sony's treatment, there are small issues that should have been fixed/added a long time ago and it just sounds like they don't give a shit. Then they add some features, like the Information Board, that make the system freeze and if you don't disable it, the console will eventually crash. Oh well.

Funny that you mentioned this because my game froze twice last night at the stadium seleccion screen. I suspect it's because of this information ticker. I never had this problem until I downloaded the update.

Shame, shame Sony...
:nono:

Regarding the firmware update download speeds, it's not my fault. Most people were having issues yesterday afternoon. I'm downloading the Uncharted demo now at about 2 mb/s, so there's no doubt my connect isn't the problem.

Edit: Oh wait, just remembered we can't play it in Europe. Shit.

Fair enough mate, where did you find out about the information board making your system freeze?

I've disabled mine. You just have to press :triangle: and then choose disable. It's simple.

I did this as soon as I updated my PS3 because the transition between menus was really slow and when I tried to open the PlayStation Store the console froze for about 10 seconds. I've also read in some forums people have had problems because of it. Actually, I don't really know what's the point of this feature to be honest.

How do I create a XML file?

I want to create m own themes.

40GB PS3s have 65nm Cell chips, 90nm GPUs

After conflicting reports regarding the chipset being used for the new 40GB PlayStation 3 model, Sony's Kaz Hirai has explained to Japanese publication Impress that the new model will indeed use 65nm Cell processor chips, which will greatly reduce the power consumption of the console, while currently sticking with the 90nm RSX graphics chip.

Sony had denied initial reports of 65nm chips being used in 40GB version. Also mentioned in the interview is an indication that Sony is open, per se, to the possibility of bringing back the 20GB or 60GB models. "Depending on how the market reacts, it's possible for Sony to produce them again," he said. That would probably take people with pitchforks storming the Sony Castle demanding Metal Gear Solid 3 be fully compatible; we don't see it happening.

For you all who have the PS3 and xBOX360, which one are your preferring? I sold my PS2 months ago when I realized winning eleven was just not doing it for me anymore. Lately I have been jazzed up for gaming due to the soon to be released Assassins Creed. I still want to play Winning Eleven when they finally make a good next-gen version, but, obviously, I would like to go with some opinions from you all who have been fortunate enough to play both systems. Which system would be the best way to go? Winning Eleven wise and overall gaming wise? I don't play online that much, if that has any bearing on which way I should go...

In a Portuguese forum it's being said that they fixed the Drake's Fortune demo and that it now runs on PAL consoles.

Edit: It's official > http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/09/uncharted-drake’s-fortune-demo-back-on-the-world-map/

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Demo Back on the World Map

+ Posted by Christophe Balestra // Co-President Naughty Dog

Christophe Balestra, here, and I’m Co-President at Naughty Dog. I wanted to give a final update on the Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune demo situation.

We’re really sorry about what happened and didn’t anticipate this at all. We just didn’t know people from other territories could connect to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store and download demos … now we do! We’ve been too busy working on the game to wrap our head’s around the infrastructure of the PSN.

We absolutely did not plan the demo to be region locked. As soon as we figured out the problem existed, Sam Thompson called me and I jumped into my car, drove to the office and fixed it right away. It’s an honest mistake and we didn’t try to prevent anybody from enjoying the Uncharted demo. I feel even more sorry because most of the people who experienced the problem are in Europe and I’m European myself.

So again, we’re really sorry about what happened and it wasn’t done on purpose. The good news is it’s now fixed and a new demo of Uncharted has been posted to the US PLAYSTATION Network Store so the entire world can enjoy it.

Thanks to Sam for taking the heat yesterday and for letting us know about the issue.

Very nice to see this happen so quickly, if only Konami learned a thing or two... :)

Last edited:
Just played Uncharted on my Pal Ps3. Quality game, definately buying this one. I believe its released on 7th Dec in Europe and 19th Nov in U.S.A.
I'm tempted to get the U.S. version.

Played the Uncharted Demo and this Game gonna rock so much. Unbelievable Grafics and brillant, smooth Gameplay. As a PS3 Gamer you can be proud of this Game and your PS3, maybe for the first Time (Ratchet and Clank is fantastic too but Uncharted is going to set a new Level of next Gen gaming).

Play the Demo and buy this Game - it is magic.

Played the Uncharted Demo and this Game gonna rock so much. Unbelievable Grafics and brillant, smooth Gameplay. As a PS3 Gamer you can be proud of this Game and your PS3, maybe for the first Time (Ratchet and Clank is fantastic too but Uncharted is going to set a new Level of next Gen gaming).

Play the Demo and buy this Game - it is magic.
agreed.

Back
Top Bottom