Sony PlayStation 3

As for the PS3 out selling the 360, these makes interesting reads

--------------

Devs Problems: Lack of memory on Sony PS3 and storage on Xbox 360
>> From product-reviews.net:
That will possibly be the only major problem for devs for both consoles in the near future.
1). Lack of memory on the PS3.
2). Lack of storage space on the Xbox 360.
Watch out for that one. It will be here sooner than you think, if not already.

But everyone, just bear this in mind. The Xbox 360, for all the bagging it gets, is really quite a powerfull piece of kit. It has 3 seperate PPC cpus, which basically equates to 6 hardware threads. It has more memory to play with, a superior GPU, and superfast bus rate.

All the BS talked about GOW pushing the 360 is almost toss. Sorry. It was only running on two thread system. And even that engine was very buggy and "heavy" at the time. If not totally overated in its own right as well.

Honestly, if MS decided to put some form of a HD disc in it, Blu Ray or HD-DVD, the damn thing would be almost future proof, with the exception of the over heating, ofcourse.
Because, as it stands, the PS3 only has the storage space over the 360. Its not anymore "advanced" at all, and in many ways, slightly less.

------------------

360 sells nearly 2X as many games per console as Wii, PS3
>> From xbox360fanboy.com:
Joystiq got their greasy manhooks on some interesting market data from NPD. Savvy Xbox 360 fans know that the Xbox 360 sells quite a few games, but according to this data, the Xbox 360 sells nearly twice as many games per console as the PS3 and Wii.

* Xbox 360: hardware to software ratio: 6.59 (hardware total sold = 6.8 million; software total sold = 44.8 million)
* PlayStation 3: hardware to software ratio: 3.58 (hardware total sold = 1.9 million; software total sold = 6.8 million)
* Wii: hardware to software ratio: 3.44 (hardware total sold = 4.5 million; software total sold = 15.5 million)

Not even using it for movies, no XviD codec and can't be bothered converting them. Movies look fine playing through my PC anyway. Decided I'll sell my PS3 now, I can always buy one back in the future if I really wanted one but at this moment it's just pointless keeping it.

Awesome PS3 Deal...From Dell?

When I am shopping for video game consoles, Dell isn't just the last place I would look - it simply isn't. Laptops, sure, but consoles? Well if you're in the market for a PS3 this Christmas, you'd be doing yourself a grave disservice by not checking out the deal Dell is running on the new 40GB system.
Not only do you get the console itself along with the Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray disc, but they've sweetened the deal with a Startech 6 ft HDMI cable, perfect for a system that has an HDMI port but still ships with a standard AV cable in the box. What's that you say? A cable isn't good enough for you? Elitist jerk.
Well they're also throwing in a copy of Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, the single-best reason to own the PlayStation 3 at the moment. That's a value of somewhere around a gajillion dollars ($488 in real money), all for the low Dell price of $399.99. If you're in the market, or have a loved one who has their heart set on the PS3, this is an excellent way to make Christmas your bitch.

I've been getting error messages since PES came out.

in connection settings, instead of using automatic for obtaining ip choose manual.
enter an ip address, default router ip and use dns servers from http://www.opendns.com/ (theyre are the bottom right of the site)

havent seen one of those messages since.

hope this helps. :)

I did all that when I bought my PS3, before the 25/10/07 everything was fine, since then error messages non stop. On the official playstation forums there are lots of people there having the same same problem (not because of PES).

Originally pegged for a release date of November 9th many were expecting the PlayStation Eye to be in their hands this Friday. But today UK retailer Play.com changed the release date of the product to the 7th December and Amazon changed it to the 14th December.

The biggest gaming retailer in the UK GAME still do not have the product listed, which begs the question will it be making its way to British shores before Christmas?

:sad:

Last edited:
Official press release follows.

Latest PLAYSTATION®3 System Software Update Allows PSPTM to Turn PS3TM On and Off from Internet Connection for Enhanced Remote Play

Ability to customise XMB™ and add personalised playlists for both music and photos also enabled

London, 8 November 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) announced today the availability of the latest version of the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) system software. Version 2.00 features the ability to turn a PS3 system on and off remotely, using a PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system via the Remote Play1 function, allowing for a truly mobile partnership between the two systems.

Building on the success and potential of the Remote Play functionality, Version 2.00 will cement the partnership between PS3 and PSP and create a truly global experience. With the ability to turn your PS3 on and off from Wi-fi connection, there is now the opportunity to listen to the music, look at the photos and watch the videos saved on the PS3 Hard Disk Drive, anywhere in the world.

To further enhance the PS3 offering, Version 2.00 allows for the creation of personalised playlists in both the music and photo sections. This simple to use function gives users an opportunity to create unlimited music playlists for all occasions, as well as sharing favourite photos in glorious high definition.

Continuing with the idea of a personalised PS3, Version 2.00 allows for customisation of the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) menu screen. Change the colour and brightness with the greatest of ease or have something completely different by setting a custom theme. With the potential for new backgrounds to become available on PLAYSTATION®Network in the future, Version 2.00 truly opens up a whole raft of options.

A host of other enhancements includes the addition of an Information Board on XMB to keep people up to date on the latest PlayStation® news, the inclusion of a new PLAYSTATION Network category and logo for easier navigation and Trend Micro Web Security, a free2, state of the art internet security system, designed to give parents peace of mind.

Where is in game XMB?

"Elsewhere version 2.0 gives you new theme support like the ability to change the background and font type of your XMB, and lets you drown yourself in flashy new media playlists."

Looks a shit update really. A few cosmetics and PSP connectivity which I can't see many people using more than a few times. No in-game XMB? Pff.

I did all that when I bought my PS3, before the 25/10/07 everything was fine, since then error messages non stop. On the official playstation forums there are lots of people there having the same same problem (not because of PES).
Yep, the same with me.
Got v2.00 update, its nice that you can change the font etc and the icons have changed a bit but thats about it for me.
Where do you download the new firmware from?

I can't find it.

Last edited:
So there's no in game XMB. All this hype and then all we got is the amazing option to download some more themes. Yeah, that's what I've been looking for the most, I usually turn the console on and keep staring at the menus for some minutes. Thank you so much.

Fuck off, Sony. I remember watching some videos back in 2005 and 2006 where we could access the XMB when a game was launched, then you took it off and now it's taking you so long to put it back. It's the only fucking thing I've been waiting since March. Thank you so much. Again.

I seriously can't believe I gave these twats 600 euros.

So there's no in game XMB. All this hype and then all we got is the amazing option to download some more themes. Yeah, that's what I've been looking for the most, I usually turn the console on and keep staring at the menus for some minutes. Thank you so much.

Fuck off, Sony. I remember watching some videos back in 2005 and 2006 where we could access the XMB when a game was launched, then you took it off and now it's taking you so long to put it back. It's the only fucking thing I've been waiting since March. Thank you so much. Again.

I seriously can't believe I gave these twats 600 euros.

:lmao: love the part about turning it on and staring at menus. I suppose it's because there's no games to play that people do spend time looking at the menu because there's nothing else to do :lol:

You got to love having a PS3, don't you?

Now I want to play some FIFA online but I have to update the system first. Fine, it's just a couple of minutes.

Well, not really. I've downloaded 1% from the Sony servers in about 15 minutes, which is something Sony should be proud of, it's super awesome.

Then they have removed the firmware updates page from their UK based site, so we can't get it through our PC.

Thank God I've just found a fast direct download link, otherwise I'd go mad. Seriously.

Here it is, by the way.

Trend Micro in the PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.0

00656514.jpg

New unknown features of FW 2.0

* Streaming of Trailers possible during download from the Playstation Store
* New Flash-Player update for the Internet browser.
* Browser and Store faster (Loading time)
* Demos, PS1 Games and Download Games can be sorted in folders
* A new Video-Chat

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-81669.aspx

Back
Top Bottom