Sony PlayStation 3

They're awesome. This guy has been my favourite web designer for a few years, he's just too good.

I've just installed the colored version, it's so sexy. :)

Anyone wanna buy my PS3? I have played it twice and can't see myself getting any other games for it.

Possibly an overstatement, but here's a vid of some programs that the devs are messing around with using the PSEye:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/14/video-of-new-research-conducted-with-playstation-eye/

A brief summary: Basically the devs are drawing landscapes and possible 2D level designs and placing it under the camera. The image is recognised and can be interacted with. Creating a 2D platformer games using your drawing skills could be a possibility!

Now, the video shows a tech demonstration and not an actual product, but as it says in the blog they could easily create the program for consumers. It's pretty revolutionary stuff...

---------

KRad - How amazing is this!

Possibly an overstatement, but here's a vid of some programs that the devs are messing around with using the PSEye:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/14/video-of-new-research-conducted-with-playstation-eye/

A brief summary: Basically the devs are drawing landscapes and possible 2D level designs and placing it under the camera. The image is recognised and can be interacted with. Creating a 2D platformer games using your drawing skills could be a possibility!

Now, the video shows a tech demonstration and not an actual product, but as it says in the blog they could easily create the program for consumers. It's pretty revolutionary stuff...

---------

KRad - How amazing is this!

Very :8):

It's videos, no demos...

PLAYSTATION 3 Firmware v2.01 Coming Soon (Thanks Vanished)

Eric Lempel, director of PLAYSTATION Network operations, updated us today on an upcoming firmware only about a week or so after 2.00.
This new firmware is v2.01. According to Lempel, firmware v2.01 is a minor update that will improve the stability of PLAYSTATION 3.
Hopefully some sort of secret will lie behind this update as it releases in the next few days.

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/11/playstation-3-firmware-v201-coming-soon.html

Last edited:
Got my Dual Shock 3 today. Uncharted is a totaly different game.

Triggers are better, Analog sticks are better.

Love it

Sweet lad, hows it feel in your hand also? Is it much heavier than the SIXAXIS? Same as the DS2? Still cant believe the 40Gb didnt have a DS3 bundled in with it.

Got my Dual Shock 3 today. Uncharted is a totaly different game.

Triggers are better, Analog sticks are better.

Love it

I heard there was absolutely no difference at all between the DS3 and the SA except for added rumble function.

Nice to hear from you that the analogue and triggers feel nicer.

I am expecting my DS3 in a few days time.

Did you go for the Ceramic White ones?

I got the black one. The triggers just feel better than the sixaxis tho still the same design.

Its much heavier, Motorstorm is ace now. Feels like the PS3 is finally complete which is weird.

The analogues are a bit looser which is better. I got a couple of adaptors for the pad of PSW magaxine which makes the triggers like 360 ones.

The pad is just better simple really.

I'll DL it later.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28094.html"

Official site, just to let you guys know I cant sing.

:lol:

Last edited:
Anyone want to buy The Bigs, All-Pro Football 2k8 or Oblivion off me? Selling them for £25 each? Got Eye Toy:Play and the camera which I'll sell for £10 too.

I don't know why Sony are bragging about the large number of tunes you can get on Blu-Ray?!

It's v likely you'll have to buy most of them seperately through their online store!

30 songs on the disc. The rest you can download at your own discretion.

Tracks are the same price essentially as iTunes. Sony have done something right they could of charged a stupid amount but have not. 30 songs aint alot but its a great start

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if I buy a PS3 game in the USA I can play it on my European PS3, but will there be problems if I go online with the game ? For instance will it port me to the "wrong server" etc ?

Anyone played USA games on a Euro PS3, online ?

Also can any Americans recommend a shop (or chain of shops) to buy games in NYC ?

Thanks

30 songs on the disc. The rest you can download at your own discretion.

Tracks are the same price essentially as iTunes. Sony have done something right they could of charged a stupid amount but have not. 30 songs aint alot but its a great start

You may as well wait for Rock band you cab sing on that if thats your thang.;)

Sure you could get it cheaper and then sooner too seeing the PS3 is region free. So no need for the angry faces.

Back
Top Bottom