Sony PlayStation 3

I'm pretty sure they are PAL models, since my mates who bought PS2s from Dubai on holiday have both bought PAL models.

That white ones getting bought, simple as.

Tomorrow is the big day, I hope the 40gb and new price point takes off.

Someone in the WE/PES thread pointed out the PS4 40GB in Japan price coverts to around £168!!! Bloody hell! I would take it at that price!!!

Someone from Japan, buy me one!

Someone in the WE/PES thread pointed out the PS3 40GB in Japan price coverts to around £168!!! Bloody hell! I would take it at that price!!!

Someone from Japan, buy me one!

Im getting it from NCSX. Should manage to get the console plus delivery and extra white pad for under £250. Bargain.

Anyone know any sites that I can import the white pad from?

Region Free DualShock 3 Supports Ratchet & Clank Future Day One

This afternoon, I cruised on up to the Insomniac Games office for a last minute look at Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction for the PLAYSTATION 3. Having missed out on the game's DualShock 3 support in the Tokyo Game Show demo and well aware (read: right pissed) at the release "lag" that meant most North Americans won't have access to the PS3's rumbling afterthought, I was curious about support for the "ShockAxis" for the domestic release. Short answer? It's looking good.

Korean PS3 IPTV Launching In November

Way back in May Sony announced plans to deliver video on demand to the Korean market, and now those plans have come to fruition. While we sit patiently waiting for Microsoft's service to launch, Korean telecom operator KT and Sony Computer Entertainment Korea are teaming up to transform the PS3 into a set-top IPTV box. Starting in November, PS3 owners in South Korea will be able to access content from KT's Mega TV service, all in the pursuit of that ever-elusive synergy.

``With this partnership, Mega TV will include high-definition games and Blue-Ray media in its periphery,'' said Lee Young-hee, chief of the Media Center at KT. ``We will seek more cooperation with SCEK to create synergy.''
Users will be able to download and store content from the service for their viewing pleasure whenever they want, but at what cost? No clue as pricing hasn't been announced, though I am assuming they will go the monthly subscription route. Way to synergize, Sony!

Sony are fcukers! they put lik-sang out of business so now play-asia.com and yesasia.com won't ship PS3 Hardware/Software to the EU.

NCSX could be an option though.

Last edited:
Theyve already started it with the download warhawk version. Im sure they cant even legally do that with disc versions though. If i would have a ps3 downstairs in the livingroom and a ps3 in the bedroom there is no way i would have to (or accept) that i would need to buy a game twice just to play it upstairs when i felt like it.

Still waiting on Sony activating the technology that locks games on an the original system they are played on.
They patented it 2 years ago.

So you couldn't trade it in? I'm selling my PS3 without question if that happens. Talk about Big Brother and forcing you into things!

Still waiting on Sony activating the technology that locks games on an the original system they are played on.
They patented it 2 years ago.

that was blown away ages ago now - sony said they did all of that for the ps2 but never found any real use for it as the ps2 didnt have a huge online network like xbl marketplace/psn

it was basically there to stop people downloading games online - then taking the data off that system and placing on the ent for others to get free

not to block you trading in discs

It WAS to block you trading in discs. They (for some reason) had a problem with shops selling pre-owned games.

Heads to the better store to play the whole 1st level of Ratchet and Clank...

The Ratchet and Clank demo on the US store is AWESOME, if you can go and download it!

Does anyone know how region-locks work on the PS3's DVD and Blueray playback ?

Does Blueray have regions ? and will the PS3 play multi region DVDs ?

Thanks

There are three Blu Ray regions, the UK n most of europe is region B. There are a lot of Blu Ray movies/TV shows that are rigion free though, mostly back catalogue stuff, i'll post a link later.

I havent tried to put a region 1 DVD in my PS3 but I dont think it will work.

Hi guys, thinking about getting a PS3 over a 360. A few questions:

Is the PS3 region-free?
What's the biggest HD size, and which do you feel is the most cost-effective?
What's a good price these days?

a 2 pg ps3 ad
101307200829_edited.jpg

creative or wierd?

Back
Top Bottom