Sony PlayStation 3

Awesome.

You can see Sony releasing a bigger hd model once the 60gb has sold out.

Sony secures exclusive for GTA?

According to the November 2007 issue # 76 of the Official Xbox Magazine Sony has secured the next Grand Theft Auto, which would be number 7 in the series, to be a true exclusive to the Playstation 3.

"Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that" as said by Sony's Michael Shorrock in a statement to the press. " We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto's exclusivity get away from us. Oops!"

Looks like the Xbox fans may be out of luck when it come to the next installment of Grand Theft Auto. If they do release a 360 version it sounds like it would have to be on multiple dvd discs if the game truly takes advantage of Blu-ray.

One thing is for sure. This will be interesting to watch play out. Stay tuned!

http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/10/sony-secures-exclusive-for-grand-theft.html

So basically they're phasing out the 60gb version with backwards compatibality for the 40gb with none in Europe..
At the moment there isn't even that many great games on it so BC would of been great to pass time as the PS2 has a huge catalog. Plus if you've got a PS2 you can put that into storage rather than keep it out if your bored.
They've treated Europe like crap yet people will still bend over backwards for them because it's a "Playstation"

Last edited:
So basically they're phasing out the 60gb version with backwards compatibality for the 40gb with none in Europe..
At the moment there isn't even that many great games on it so BC would of been great to pass time as the PS2 has a huge catalog. Plus if you've got a PS2 you can put that into storage rather than keep it out if your bored.
They've treated Europe like crap yet people will still bend over backwards for them because it's a "Playstation"

You dont get it mate. There are bucket loads of 60gb stock in shops & with Sony.

The £40gb is too get parents interested near xmas. Its a £125 reduction. Howevr people will still be persuaded to pay £50 more to get 2 games with the chance to play PS2 games.

Sony want the 60gb to sell at Xmas.

You can just see a mother saying she will get the £40gb version because they the child has a PS2 already.

Smart move as they wil release a bigger hard drive version probably in Feb time near a massive game, maybe MGS4

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bugger though once the 60gb is out of stock there are some amazing games I would pick up for the PS2 compatiblity itself. Will the US 40gb model have it though?

Last edited:
You can always buy a 160GB for £58 n stick it in your PS3.

Last edited:
Sony secures exclusive for GTA?

According to the November 2007 issue # 76 of the Official Xbox Magazine Sony has secured the next Grand Theft Auto, which would be number 7 in the series, to be a true exclusive to the Playstation 3.

"Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that" as said by Sony's Michael Shorrock in a statement to the press. " We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto's exclusivity get away from us. Oops!"

Looks like the Xbox fans may be out of luck when it come to the next installment of Grand Theft Auto. If they do release a 360 version it sounds like it would have to be on multiple dvd discs if the game truly takes advantage of Blu-ray.

One thing is for sure. This will be interesting to watch play out. Stay tuned!

http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/10/sony-secures-exclusive-for-grand-theft.html

You know this was a Hoax article right.

Its more of a joke then a hoax note the end of the article " We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto's exclusivity get away from us. Oops!"

Upshot?

1) 40Gb machine for £299.
2) On-sale 10th October.
3) It's the same - but missing two USB ports, and the 'Emotion Engine', so no backward compatibility initially - though we hear rumours this'll be added on a game-by-game basis using software emulation. There's no card slots (SD etc) either, and the shiny silver finish now looks a little more matt in appearance.
4) But the 40Gb machine is lighter than the 60Gb.
5) You can still buy the 60Gb model, but for £349. It's pretty good value, given that its got a bigger Hard Drive, full connectivity plus two free Sony games (worth £80 ish) inc. Motorstorm and Resistance.

Er, that's it.

We've got a 40Gb machine in the office (hidden in a bin bag under Dan D's desk for the last three days - and the only one in the world outside of Sony's hidden production plants). Good news? It looks and feels virtually identical, and - let's be honest - when you buy PES 2008, what PS2 games are you going to play on it anyway? Oh, and it's a bit lighter. Which is nice.

In short - WOOOOOO!

Great news. Anyone taking the plunge next week? Skate is out only two days later...

Welcome your thoughts,

Thanks

PSM3

:lol:

There is a new post over at neoseeker with the guy saying that the PS3 160gb will have a slightly upgraded Wi-Fi and Bluetooth receiver. Also the PS3 will be available in both Black and Silver, come with an unamed Blu-Ray movie, demos and trailers packed onto the HDD and a voucher for 2 PSN titles for the first number of customers. Sounds quite tempting.

Ray Maguire: Sony UK MD Talks Price Cuts

I'm the only one who's eyes are hurting after reading that?

“In regards to the UK release date, I believe its December 7th. We’re doing simultaneous localization in 13 languages (most, if not all, of which will be in the US version) and should be released in all territories within 3 weeks of each other. As for multiplayer, we opted to stick to making the most compelling single player game possible this time. But there is a lot of game there and some pretty good replay value with multiple difficulty levels, hidden treasures, medal points, and some really cool unlockables.”

Uncharted is the game in question.

Last edited:
What are some good PS3 exclusives out this year? I'm wondering if my PS3 will be used anymore in 2007 hehe :)

Ratchet n Clank
Uncharted
Haze
UTIII (i'm praying I dont have to wait till next year)
Time Crisis
Folklore
Lair - :lol:
Heavenly Sword
The Eye of Judgment
Buzz
GT5 Prologue
Everybodys Golf 5
Singstar
Wipeout HD

There is more I think.

Last edited:
Phil Harrison said:
"Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer. And access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format meaning that it transcends many devices -- PSOne, PS2, and now PS3."

Phil Harrison said:
"Are there two versions of the Xbox 360 that people want to buy, is my question," he continued. "I don't know."
"This is my personal view, not my corporate view, but when I look at those formats, I think it just confuses the audience. They don't know which one to buy, developers don't know which one to create for, and retailers don't know which one to stock."
"So I think we wouldn't take that strategy. We wouldn't create confusion,"

Why this idiot hasn't been sacked is beyond me.

Its not him, its Sony as a whole.

One step forward to steps back.

I am tempted by the value pack, I have no need for a second controller, just a case of waiting to see what choice of games there is, plus what bundles some of the big stores might do. But to totally remove any BC from the 40Gb, I think is silly, just my view though.

its a bad step to give us a core ps3 for 399€! thats bullshit!but we can see that sony doesnt sell, only freaks get the ps3!lets see what happens now! i gt my 360 lasr christma with 2 wirelles, 12 months x-box live, 2 games PGR and Kameo as premium console for 299€, thats a niceprice!!!
i wiil wait and see what happens with the ps3!

its a bad step to give us a core ps3 for 399€! thats bullshit!but we can see that sony doesnt sell, only freaks get the ps3!lets see what happens now! i gt my 360 lasr christma with 2 wirelles, 12 months x-box live, 2 games PGR and Kameo as premium console for 299€, thats a niceprice!!!
i wiil wait and see what happens with the ps3!

Wouldnt a core PS3 be no hard drive or blu ray player???

Looks like my PS3 will be getting sold very very shortly. Tickets for the NFL London game on 28th October are getting closer to face value on eBay and I'd LOVE to go. Unfortunately my PS3 is the easiest way to raise money for it (nobody has a couple of hundred pounds to borrow me) :(

ceramicwhiteDS3.jpg

ceramicwhiteps3.jpg

For our Japanese friends of course.

Send that pad my way!

Last edited:
Possibly girlfriend to the rescue! My PS3 might be safe! :)

Not sure about that white PS3 to be honest, looks a bit cheap. Interested in what the silver version will look like.

does anyone know how much PS3's cost in Dubai? do they get the Asian models. PS3's are dirt cheap in Japan so I hoping they also cheap in Asia as I am going Dubai in december for 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom