Sony PlayStation 3

I watch the videos and think to myself that I cant wait to play this game but now I'm playing it and I feel empty.

Tell me about it, I would have loved a free roam option on there... struggling to find anything worth buying for the damn thing, they all seem like last gen, with brighter graphics, Saga rally was an absolute joke!!
Going to try Tigerwoods 3000,000,000 or whatever the latest version is and had a go at Virtua tennis 3 which was ok, but nothing so far has given me that next gen game feeling...
Try Heavenly Sword mate. Short and sweet game.

A game you should stay away from is Resistance:FOM, absolute shite game. It's basically a Playstation 2 game with nice graphics and a few set pieces here and there. lol!

It's okay but it's the same all the way through just about, It would have been better as I said, if they just had a jump in and drive around the dessert option or had point to point races where you made your own route, like all these kind of games there is no freedom in them..

Ugly new Playstation logo discovered
newlogopsgamefront.jpg

German gaming news site GameFront has uncovered a Japanese trademark filed by Sony, which features the familiar four Playstation shape buttons mapped around the surface of a sphere. It's doubtful that this could be the logo for the inevitable Playstation 4 (after all, where's the Spiderman font?). More likely is that the logo is an icon to be displayed in-game or on game boxes -- perhaps advertising a worldwide connectivity feature. Equally likely is that the symbol could ultimately become nothing, and be one more paranoid trademark made during a creative meeting.

We're hoping for the latter, as the logo looks like a early-90s design reject, on par with that awful Sega Channel logo. Any other ideas?

Sony Europe says no 'big bang' announcement Oct. 12

Even though GamePro France said there would be a "big bang" announcement on Oct. 12, Sony says it's not happening -- well, at least Sony Europe does. Eurogamer spoke with Sony Europe and they say there's no "press conference" scheduled for next week. We'll believe them, especially if they chose their words perfectly as to remain truthful.

We have no idea about what date Sony will announce the 40GB PS3 model or if it's going to go on sale in Europe, but we are pretty sure at this point it exists -- almost positive. Could be announced next week, could be announced in a month. At this point its just fun to watch Sony keep a lid on it.

the logo is all wrong as well - the X looks more like a + and if you turn it so it becomes an X and a O etc.... then the layout of the buttons becomes wrong.

Some wankers no doubt were paid a few million to design that shit as well

I can confirm its gonna be the 10th guys, was with the Sony guys today.

No news on the features that have been taken out as didnt get a chance to go into it.

But yeh 40gb PS3 for £299.99 launched on Wednesday 10th October in the UK.

No news on the features that have been taken out as didnt get a chance to go into it.

sweet if true

Sweet!

Not sure if i should still get a 60GB version...

ill have to see if Wi-Fi etc.. has been taken out first.

Wifi has'nt been taken out.

2 Usb ports instead of 4.

Thats it.
What about the memory slots?

If its the same as the 60GB minus the 4 extra USB ports i think ill get the 40gig version :applause:

after all i doubt i would run out of space anyway

Memory slots will be taken out probably but you can get all in 1 readers that connect via usb for a good price on the net.

Memory slots will be taken out probably but you can get all in 1 readers that connect via usb for a good price on the net.
Cheers

ill see what bundles they have on offer, if its just the console and 1 controller for £299 i wont bother, id rather get 2 controllers, 2 games and 20 more GB for an extra £100.

I plan to upgrade my HDD to 160GB before xmas.

Just traded in Motorstorm for GRAW 2, preparing myself for an all nighter.

Last edited:
Good news, also confirmed on eurogamer.

60gb starterpack with 2 games/controllers for 349p/499e

40gb without mmcslots, 2 usb slots and without BC for 299p/399e.

I might get it in jan/feb, as a graduation present for myself :D

I would personally go for the 40gb model, you can get a regular sata hdd and increase the capacity to what you want, and those mmc readers are only about a fiver anyway. And getting 2 "old" controllers and 2 "old" games for 100e extra is not worth it. Youll only end up having to get the new dualshocks anyway.

Can someone help me out, I got GRAW 2 today and noticed in the box that there was a leaflet saying something about possibly changing things on my router to get the game online.

So I played a bit of the single player then went to the online bit to see if it will work. It didnt work, since then my PS3 keeps on signing me out the the network and the game some how manged to mess up my wifi settings and my PS3 is disconnecting from my media server every 2 minutes.

What do I do people?

THIS IS NOT MY INFO. I FOUND IT AND WANTED TO SHOW YOU GUYS:

***LEAKED INFO ON NEW 160GB PLAYSTATION 3***

From inside Sony Computer Entertainment International's Japan offices I present to you leaked information on the new 160gb Playstation 3 model that will be appearing in the near future:

Code: CECHG06 (SPECIFICATION)
Sony PlayStation 3
160gb 2.5 SATA 5400rpm HDD
CELL Broadband Engine (65nm process) @ 3.2ghz
PPU x1, SPE x8
RSX GPU (65nm process) @ 550mhz
Blu-Ray Optical Disc Drive @ 2x
Memory Card Reader- Memory Stick Duo, Compact Flash, Secure
Digital
6x USB 2.0 ports
2x HDMI 1.3 ports
3x Gigabit ethernet ports
DUALSHOCK 3 controller

As you can see the major changes to the unit are the larger hard disc drive, the inclusion of dual HDMI ports, 6 USB ports, 3 ethernet ports and the new Dualshock 3 pad. On top of that the new unit has undergone the 65nm chip reduction process which reduces heat and energy consumption and reduces manufacturing costs.

At the moment the unit is only confirmed for release in Japan. A date has not been fully specified but is expected after November.

Source
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/30444/t1013540-leaked-info-on-new-160gb-playstation-3/

I love you guys. :)

I know the Japanese folk are getting a bigger HDD, I'd believe most of those specs.

Back
Top Bottom