Sony PlayStation 3

:lol:, Its a downloadble game (£4.99) from the PS store, its like Asteroids.

I'm gonna go make the Warhawk Evo Web clan in a few minutes, I'll post details later.

Last edited:
Rumors prices in France (official from few sources)

In October :
PS3 40GB = 399€

In November :
PS3 60GB + a Second Sixaxis + PES2008 = 449€

The Pack In is roughly 315, so expect 320-325 here, I'd say thats a price cut and a proper one, certainly makes it more appealing than the pack in games atm. The 40GB model is 280, which is the 'old' 360 Premium pricepoint, though the PES pack in gives more value to the 60GB model, plus the fact no one is sure yet if there is anything taken out of the 40GB model.

Last edited:
Good to know.

I've created the Evo Web Warhawk clan.

Last edited:
Well, finally unboxed my PS3 on Thursday, played FIFA 08 for 7 hours straight, played a few other games today Motorstorm and Virtua tennis 3, then Sega Rally... Thought what the hell, made sure it was a PS3... shoved it in a draw.

The Pack In is roughly 315, so expect 320-325 here, I'd say thats a price cut and a proper one, certainly makes it more appealing than the pack in games atm. The 40GB model is 280, which is the 'old' 360 Premium pricepoint, though the PES pack in gives more value to the 60GB model, plus the fact no one is sure yet if there is anything taken out of the 40GB model.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony say Fuck Off UK and keep the price the same as it is now. :(

PS3 Not Exactly Flying Off The Shelf In Britain

The PS3 had a big launch in the UK. Sold in big numbers, (so many it's neck-and-neck with the 360 for overall sales this calendar year), surprised a lot of people.
Since then, though, it hasn't been doing too well. Not too well at all. It's a bit hard to say just how its done without cold, hard numbers (ChartTrack keep those to themselves), but they have divulged that 55% of all PS3 sales in the country were made within four days of the console's launch. Which was in March. It's now October. That leaves a whole lot of days without a whole lot of PS3 sales.

I think its the price which puts most people off and thats why sales may well have slowed down. Not everyone has £400 odd quid to spend on a games console. A lot of people have real life things to pay for which come 1st e.g. Running and Maintaining a Car and of course a Mortgage or Rent. I think this is quite possibly one of the main reasons it hasnt sold well. That and the lack of decent games.

Sony to release $39.99 retail Warhawk this month

Maybe you're the type of person who's still a slave to physical media. Maybe you have a crush on the girl at your local GameStop, maybe you're trying to make your shelf of PS3 games more respectable. Whatever your excuse, Sony has you covered, confirming that they'll be releasing a $39.99 retail version of Warkhawk that doesn't include Bluetooth headset this month.

As you may remember, the game is currently just available in a $60 retail package with a headset or in a $40 downloadable form. Though the GameStop listing that originally started this story puts the game at an Oct. 10 release date, Sony has not confirmed that part of the story. We're not going to try to understand the logic behind this SKU, though we wouldn't be surprised if it's (in part) a bit of retailer placation. That's right game store, you're not threatened at all by full, downloadable games that don't even require people to get off their couches. Just go back to sleep, pumpkin

PS3 Not Exactly Flying Off The Shelf In Britain

The PS3 had a big launch in the UK. Sold in big numbers, (so many it's neck-and-neck with the 360 for overall sales this calendar year), surprised a lot of people.
Since then, though, it hasn't been doing too well. Not too well at all. It's a bit hard to say just how its done without cold, hard numbers (ChartTrack keep those to themselves), but they have divulged that 55% of all PS3 sales in the country were made within four days of the console's launch. Which was in March. It's now October. That leaves a whole lot of days without a whole lot of PS3 sales.

Release the £40gb PS3 at £299 and it will fly off at Xmas. 360 has Mass Effect & PGR4 as the main 2 exclusive left i think.

PS3 still has Singstar!!!! :)

Stick Singstar & PS3 as a bundle that will do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Any PS3 owners here feel a lil bit disappointed by their shiny machine?

I thought Virtua Tennis and Fighter were gonna be exclusive....however, they're coming out on X360 both with online multiplayer :(

Lair and Heavenly Sword were supposed to be the DBs....after playing them, I'm not even interested in renting - let alone buying them :(

It's scary how much Sony are relying on LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 to change things....I dunno whether they will be able to tbh.

Still, it's a fantastic Blu-Ray player though! (shame some of my fave movies are coming out on HD-DVD)

Sony thought their Playstation brand would sell whatever they did and at whatever price. So they thought they would be clever and kill 2 birds with one stone and add the Blu-Ray drive and therefor own the Movie Media industry and Gaming industry.
Had they just done what microsoft did and had the blu-ray as an add on they could have competed at price and ppl would have bought the PS3 in mass then bought the drive later and thus they would have gotten the end result anyway.
But they got greedy and put their eggs in one basket and whoops.

Sony thought their Playstation brand would sell whatever they did and at whatever price. So they thought they would be clever and kill 2 birds with one stone and add the Blu-Ray drive and therefor own the Movie Media industry and Gaming industry.
Had they just done what microsoft did and had the blu-ray as an add on they could have competed at price and ppl would have bought the PS3 in mass then bought the drive later and thus they would have gotten the end result anyway.
But they got greedy and put their eggs in one basket and whoops.

Then have 2 versions of games. Makes no sense mate. Developers are already complaining about disk space even the PGR4 devs could not do all they wanted.

Blu Ray has pushed the price up but at the end of the day people eho bought one knew what tey were getting.

MS shot themselves in the foot by rushing the machine out. Yea they have 12 million machines in householde. Sony have haslf that with a so called over priced machine with no games.

People want the machine but not at £425. £299 is a different story. Sony have written off 2007 look at there release scheduled you can clearly see it, 2008 is massive for Sony. MS have to try to sustain this with no major killer exclusives.

MS will have a mighty Xmas fair play but Sony are in this for the long hau, people are too short sighted.

They chose blu ray & are sticking by it. How much you wanna bet that if enough developers push the MS release a Sku with HD-DVD drive?

Every manufaturer lies & makes mistakes its just easy to attack Sony

@Rocky - MS bought online exclusivity for Virtua Tennis. Virtua Fighter is great but i want Tekken 6 online. 360 needs more fighter, Sony brand can afford to lose both mate.

I have both machines by the way.

The price point wasn't my worry really, more the games.

I'm not a "proper" gamer... mainly just football (usually PES, but seems to be FIFA this year...). And 360 has done fine so far for me with GOW, Halo 3, GR:AW 1 and 2, VT3 and TS2. And Burnout is multi-platform.

Well I haven't played HS, just reviews.

HS reviews have been good it just that its gots some low scores because its very short. I saw an interview with Big Phil and he raised a good point, how many people actually finish games?

Any PS3 owners here feel a lil bit disappointed by their shiny machine?

I thought Virtua Tennis and Fighter were gonna be exclusive....however, they're coming out on X360 both with online multiplayer :(

Lair and Heavenly Sword were supposed to be the DBs....after playing them, I'm not even interested in renting - let alone buying them :(

It's scary how much Sony are relying on LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 to change things....I dunno whether they will be able to tbh.

Still, it's a fantastic Blu-Ray player though! (shame some of my fave movies are coming out on HD-DVD)

Me. I've only got All Pro Football, The Bigs and Oblivion for my PS3. The first two games are only out in the US so that's one major plus for the PS3 (region free), but I haven't even been on those games for ... weeks now. It's just gathering dust and there isn't much on the horizon that's making me keep my PS3. LBP looks a very good game, MGS isn't all that special to me. Heavenly Sword looks a bit generic (I thought God Of War II was decent, I'm not into button-bashing fighting games). I don't buy movies ... not sure LBP is enough of a reason to keep my PS3 really :roll:

Me. I've only got All Pro Football, The Bigs and Oblivion for my PS3. The first two games are only out in the US so that's one major plus for the PS3 (region free), but I haven't even been on those games for ... weeks now. It's just gathering dust and there isn't much on the horizon that's making me keep my PS3. LBP looks a very good game, MGS isn't all that special to me. Heavenly Sword looks a bit generic (I thought God Of War II was decent, I'm not into button-bashing fighting games). I don't buy movies ... not sure LBP is enough of a reason to keep my PS3 really :roll:

what do you like then , looks to me your not even a gamer , what genre are u interested in . do you play games or just play multiplayer pes or LBP.

is any game coming out in the next 8 months for any console interesting you.

if youre not interested in at least 3 of these games then there is no need for you to have a console. you should just play pes2008 on your pc as the graphics etc are next gen.

MGS 4(ps3)
final fantasy (ps3)
Little big planet(ps3)
Pro Evolution Soccer 7
lair (ps3)
ratchet and clank (ps3)
Warhawk (ps3)
singstar (ps3)
call of duty 4
unreal tornament 111 (ps3)
Haze (ps3)
uncharted - drakes fortune (ps3)
Heavenly Sword (PS3)
The Getaway (PS3)
Everybody's Golf 5 (PS3)
crysis
Assassin's Creed
Gran Turismo 5(ps3)
John Woo Presents: Stranglehold
WWE: Smackdown VS Raw 2008
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Burnout 5: Paradise
Devil May Cry 4
ninja gaiden sigma (ps3)

and a couple of more titles.

Last edited:
So will the PES 2008 PS3 bundle be a 60GB or 40GB? That is the question.

UT3 delayed till 08 - DAMN!

Last edited:
Get the 60GB and when you need more space buy a bigger HDD (2.5" - 5400rpm)

They've put out another statement.

Check n4g.com to read it.

Yes, there is a chance it will come out in December.

In addition there is some good news as well. A little extra time in development means that now the PS3 version will have all of the same maps as the PC version which wasn’t previously expected to be the case.

[-o<

Last edited:
what do you like then , looks to me your not even a gamer , what genre are u interested in . do you play games or just play multiplayer pes or LBP.

is any game coming out in the next 8 months for any console interesting you.

if youre not interested in at least 3 of these games then there is no need for you to have a console. you should just play pes2008 on your pc as the graphics etc are next gen.

MGS 4(ps3)
final fantasy (ps3)
Little big planet(ps3)
Pro Evolution Soccer 7
lair (ps3)
ratchet and clank (ps3)
Warhawk (ps3)
singstar (ps3)
call of duty 4
unreal tornament 111 (ps3)
Haze (ps3)
uncharted - drakes fortune (ps3)
Heavenly Sword (PS3)
The Getaway (PS3)
Everybody's Golf 5 (PS3)
crysis
Assassin's Creed
Gran Turismo 5(ps3)
John Woo Presents: Stranglehold
WWE: Smackdown VS Raw 2008
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Burnout 5: Paradise
Devil May Cry 4
ninja gaiden sigma (ps3)

and a couple of more titles.

Not a gamer? Odd comment. I like my sports games, I like the occasional driving game, the odd FPS game, adventure games especially.

Out of that list? I'd be interested in LBP and Final Fantasy and possibly Uncharted. Others are on the 360 and I prefer the 360 for the control pad, achievements and XBL. Other exclusives don't interest me at the moment but that's not to say they wont in the future.

As far as games on the 360 in the near future:

PGR 4
Orange Box
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
CSI
NBA 2k8
COD4
Eternal Sonata
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Alone In The Dark
Alan Wake
Mass Effect
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw
NFS Pro Street
Burnout Paradise
Kane And Lynch
Army Of Two
Assassins Creed
World In Conflict
The Club
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Condemned 2
Mercenaries 2
GTA 4
SWOS
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill 5
Resident Evil 5

Enough console games to keep me on a console :) Also, I'm not a big fan of PES so I won't be getting PES on the PC anyway (MAYBE 360). 360 games I'm playing now? FIFA, Bioshock, Guitar Hero, Oblivion and a few XBL games.

I'd say I'm a gamer :) I just don't see any PS3 exclusives to justify £300 gathering dust on a shelf.

Back
Top Bottom