Sony PlayStation 3

Hey tobi,

Have you had a problem with your PS3 picking up your wifi's IP Number.

I done an internet connection test and my PS3 always fails (times out) when trying to get my IP Number.

September NPD: Xbox 360 takes the lead, Halo 3 to thank

Though August was an unseasonably successful month for video games, we all saw September coming. Despite being released at the tail end of the month, Microsoft's Halo 3 juggernaut walked right up to the reigning NPD champ and rifle-butted it from behind. The Xbox 360 console jumped up two places with sales of over half a million units, nearly twice as many as in August. Total industry sales for the month: a staggering $1.36 billion thanks in large part to the efforts of Mr. Chief; hardware sales alone rose 188% to $418.6 million.

Microsoft Xbox 360: 527.8K (6.8 million total)
Nintendo Wii: 501K (4.5 million total)
Nintendo DS: 495.8K (13.2 million total)
Sony PlayStation 2: 215K (39.3 million total)
Sony PSP: 284.5K (8.6 million total)
Sony PlayStation 3: 119.4K (1.87 million total)

Hey tobi,

Have you had a problem with your PS3 picking up your wifi's IP Number.

I done an internet connection test and my PS3 always fails (times out) when trying to get my IP Number.

The first time I tried it yes that happened to me too. Try and enter the IP number manually.

I have just got a PS3. Does anyone else find the PS Store really slow? Downloads are painful as well. It can't be my net connection (7mb) but maybe cos my PS3 is connected to my router by wireless. I dunno. Whats it like for everyone else?

I got 4mb, it took me about 45 minutes to download the 1.6GB Ratchet n Clank demo from the better store.

BlackSite online support limited on PS3

BlackSite: Area 51, Midway's upcoming Unreal Engine-powered shooter, is going to have a fairly robust online mode. According to IGN: "With the Xbox 360 version of the game, players will be able to play ranked and unranked matches, and voice support will have constant chatter for teammates while everyone will be able to hear each other if they're close enough, regardless of which team they're on."

Wait, but that's not the case for PS3! Most of these features are being cut for Sony's version. According to a Midway representative: "Basically, the PS3 supports the ability to host, search, and join - that's it. All of the other functionality did not make it to PS3: ranked / leader boards, match making, voice chat, private slots, etc." Essentially, expect a fairly bare-bones online mode for the PS3 version of BlackSite. This seems like a strange omission from Midway, especially considering the robust online features their upcoming Unreal Tournament will have.

Do they want there game to sell on the PS3?

Warhawk has ranked / leader boards, match making, voice chat.

Last edited:
Looks like I have a problem then....the 750Mb Tiger demo took 2 hours to download.

To rule out wireless or to prove that its the problem I am going to connect it wired to my router and see what happens. Cheers for your help.

They may be a problem but I use wireless with no issues.

I went wired with me only getting 45% signal, since then I've had less problems but I still get slow downloads on PSN and XBL. Downloads through my PC are fine, and all are connected through the same switch/hub.

I went wired with me only getting 45% signal, since then I've had less problems but I still get slow downloads on PSN and XBL. Downloads through my PC are fine, and all are connected through the same switch/hub.

Maybe you need to forward some ports?

Possibly, though my XBL says my NAT is open, connection is fine on those ends. Playing games online (apart from FIFA) is fine too.

PS3's 1.94 firmware adds support for DualShock 3

If you want to experience rumble with your PS3 games as soon as possible, you're going to have to go on a quest of sorts. First, time travel into next month (or wait a couple of weeks) and import a DualShock 3 from Japan. Next, you're going to need the PS3's new firmware, 1.94, but sadly, it isn't available for download yet.

But don't be deterred. Shacknews is reporting that if you pick up Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (the first retail game with built-in rumble support) you'll be able to find 1.94 right there on the disc. Imagine the convenience. Now, unless you have obsessive compulsive disorder, we have no idea why you'd need the firmware weeks before the controller's even out. But at least we know a certain former Double Dare host is going to sleep well tonight.

Ratchet n Clank is getting huge scores across the board.

I think the issues I have been having are to do with the UK Store. I have now created a US account and its as fast a Theo Walcott sprint. Cheers for all your help though guys.

PS3's 1.94 firmware adds support for DualShock 3

If you want to experience rumble with your PS3 games as soon as possible, you're going to have to go on a quest of sorts. First, time travel into next month (or wait a couple of weeks) and import a DualShock 3 from Japan. Next, you're going to need the PS3's new firmware, 1.94, but sadly, it isn't available for download yet.

But don't be deterred. Shacknews is reporting that if you pick up Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (the first retail game with built-in rumble support) you'll be able to find 1.94 right there on the disc. Imagine the convenience. Now, unless you have obsessive compulsive disorder, we have no idea why you'd need the firmware weeks before the controller's even out. But at least we know a certain former Double Dare host is going to sleep well tonight.
So no firmware 2.0 as was stated before? what bullshit that was then!! For god sake Sony why cant you do other things besides the basics? You give the PSP capability of playing music stored on the memory stick and then you dont give us the option to use it in game!! then you do the same with the PS3... whats the point of storing music on it if you cant use it in game!!!! Then you go and give us rumble which should have been there in the 1st place.. :applause::applause::applause: This is one of the reasons why I hate Sony at times.

End of this month? Isn't that report saying the rumble controllers come out in a few weeks, which I'd assume to mean 1.94 in a few weeks?

Yesterday after 3 matchs of PES2008 my PS3 freeze on offside replay, i restart and the player don't reconize Blu Ray, DVD or CD...go to SAV for 3 weeks in max.

Back
Top Bottom