Sony PlayStation 3

New PlayStation Home footage from Rotterdam

Listed in: Videos, PlayStation Network
Tags: DivX, Playstation Home It's because of great tipsters that we get some really interesting news for our different sites. This new bit of info is no different, as Fartist sent us a tip of some new PlayStation Home footage that should make people want to join in the PlayStation Home beta even more.

Most of the video is standard fare though, with the announcer showing off the ability to customize your avatar and living space according to your preferences. The other half of the video showed off the cinema and virtual gaming area, where the avatar of the announcer was able to watch a movie and bowl.

There's one thing that makes us wonder though, especially since we can't understand Dutch. Since this video was taken during the recent Emerce e.day at Rotterdam, which happened around the same time that the PS Home beta patch was released, there may have been some talking points about the patch itself or about the possible DivX compatibility.

Still, we'll leave that up to any Dutch readers we have to decipher. For us, some additional PlayStation Home goodness seems like more than enough of a draw to watch the vid. Enjoy!

http://ps3.qj.net/New-PlayStation-Home-footage-from-Rotterdam/pg/49/aid/102498

Link about Home, rough translation:

- the guy showed how you can get your avatar clothed, that it will be possible to buy clothes IRL in certain shops, with a sort of code and if you give a code in on your PS3 your avatar will have the same clothes (a useless gimmick IMHO).
-he showed that you can funrnish appartment in Home.
- there are adboards and if you go near them you can hear their sound.
- you can talk with other people's avatars
- there is a cinema with movie trailers
- there is a game room with all kinds of arcadey games that can be enjoyed by people who are not used to palying games.
- Home is in the bta testing stage and will be available this year...

Ps: still no FIFA demo in the Belgian PS-Store. How can i register in the UK version???

Can anybody PM me with the answer, i'm dying to play the demo...

Sony Signs New PS3 Manufacturer For "Low-Price Models"

A rather mundane report on the addition of Hon Hai Precision to the PLAYSTATION 3 supply chain contains some interesting rumors buried within. According to the oddly worded report, along with electronics manufacturer ASUSTeK, Hon Hai Precision (sometimes known as FoxConn) is reportedly working on planned "low-price models" of the Sony console in addition to the already price reduced PS3s on the market.

Could these be the rumored stripped-down versions of the PS3, speculated to drop as low as $399 by April of next year by Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter? You may remember Microsoft's Andre "Ozymandias" Vrignaud also betting on a "low-end $399 PS3 SKU coming this holiday."

If the rumors are true, it could certainly help Sony shift more than 130,000 PS3s a month. Wonder if we'll hear more at Tokyo Game Show next week

Available at Gamestop.
smallish_ratchet_clank_demo.jpg

Dual Shock 3 'Confirmed' For TGS

Oh my god! Stop the presses! Do we even have presses? Anyway, according to the latest 1UP Yours podcast, Sony plans on unveiling the return of rumble at the Tokyo Game Show this week, with the Dual Shock 3 making an appearance on the show floor. If this is true it will no doubt spawn countless photographs of what will undoubtedly look just like the controller we are all used to anyway, but hey, it will rumble. Maybe we can create an animated GIF that shakes to help convey the full impact of the controller's appearance on the scene. Finally, after nearly a year on the market, we'll get a glimpse of the controller we should have had in the first place and will soon have the opportunity to pay an undisclosed amount of money for. Hit the link to listen to the nearly two hour podcast for more information, or just if you are very lonely and crave the sound of guys talking. Oh, and ignore the boomerang pic, it just makes me giggle.

Not the controller
boomerang.jpg

Dual Shock 3 'Confirmed' For TGS

Oh my god! Stop the presses! Do we even have presses? Anyway, according to the latest 1UP Yours podcast, Sony plans on unveiling the return of rumble at the Tokyo Game Show this week, with the Dual Shock 3 making an appearance on the show floor. If this is true it will no doubt spawn countless photographs of what will undoubtedly look just like the controller we are all used to anyway, but hey, it will rumble. Maybe we can create an animated GIF that shakes to help convey the full impact of the controller's appearance on the scene. Finally, after nearly a year on the market, we'll get a glimpse of the controller we should have had in the first place and will soon have the opportunity to pay an undisclosed amount of money for. Hit the link to listen to the nearly two hour podcast for more information, or just if you are very lonely and crave the sound of guys talking. Oh, and ignore the boomerang pic, it just makes me giggle.

Not the controller
boomerang.jpg

Pad apparently rumbles in different place individually & at diffrent forces.

Sounds good. A bit of innovation.

Also the latest tools support rumble feedback so expect games coming out later in the year supporting rumble.

Meh rumble, be alright, I guess its good its making a comeback, but I will get one, then atleast have a choice between six-axis controller and a dual shock 3, that just sounds so natural for a PS user :D

Sony Playstation 3 - 60gb Console with Ridge Racer 7 - £339

PS3 In-game Custom Music

WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Progress Report

Still, are you ready for the big news? The PS3 and the Xbox 360 are getting exclusive features in their individual builds of the game. On the PlayStation 3, you'll be able to press R2 during your character's entrance and switch to a first-person mode. Taking advantage of the Sixaxis, you'll move your controller in whatever direction you want and the on-screen view will follow. You can toggle the view on and off with a click of R2, but don't you want to read all of the signs?

360 gets custom soundtracks :(

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, I have a TJ Hughes near me and if they sell it in store then I'd seriously consider it.

eBay is fine if you pay cash-on-collection and go to the persons house so you know where they live if something is dodgy :) I got my PS3 from eBay, £300, picked it up from the guys house in Tamworth.

According to IGN, EA accidentally revealed the rumbling SIXAXIS to the press in its pre-TGS media briefing. The PS3 version of Burnout Paradise had a heftier feel to it: the controller was heavier and had a giant sticker that said "RUMBLE."
With the cat out of the bag, IGN also added that "A formal announcement is expected tomorrow at Kaz Hirai's keynote address." Early word on Kaz's keynote suggests that other significant announcements will headline Sony's presentation.

According to IGN, EA accidentally revealed the rumbling SIXAXIS to the press in its pre-TGS media briefing. The PS3 version of Burnout Paradise had a heftier feel to it: the controller was heavier and had a giant sticker that said "RUMBLE."
With the cat out of the bag, IGN also added that "A formal announcement is expected tomorrow at Kaz Hirai's keynote address." Early word on Kaz's keynote suggests that other significant announcements will headline Sony's presentation.
Lol... I wonder how much Sony had spent on their big release advertising for it... :lmao:

Unless you already have a PS3 who gives a shit.
If Sony think ppl are going to buy a PS3 now because the controller suddenly rumbles then they are truly blinkered to their problems.
High price and No Games Sony sort it out.

Toys R Us and GameFly deals before the holiday flood

CheapAssGamer points the way this week to two retailers that have consistently brought on the great gaming deals: Toys R Us and GameFly. Toys R Us apparently took their famous "Buy 2 get the 3rd game free" deal underground this week. It's going on right now without a flyer being produced for last Sunday's papers -- a first as far as we're aware. Maybe they're testing to see if the web does the work for them? The deal is both online and in the stores. We're just completely baffled why TRU said nothing about the event we're consistently excited for whenever it happens. Some are even rumoring that this could be a two-week deal and that it'll actually be advertised this Sunday, so get in now before the general populace finds out. They are also doing a "buy one, get one accessory 50% off deal." No word yet if you could work the Circuit City MS point angle on that.

If you don't know about GameFly's store, well let us inform you about another hidden gem of value on these intertubes. According to CAG, this week GameFly is offering free shipping to non-subscribers who purchase select used games. GameFly subscribers always get free shipping. The purchased used games are sent with the original case and manual practically untouched. Save as much money as you can while feeding the need for gaming. The storm is coming.

Next gen rumble me thinks.

Are cooling fans for the PS3 worth it?

Last edited:
Metal Gear Online supports DualShock 3 as well, he says. Crikey, he's just flashed up an absolutely vast list of titles set to support it.

Kojima got his wish!

Just looking for opinions. I have just about enough cash to grab an xbox 360 premium - the deal from HMV with 2 games and another controller for £259. Wondered if aynone thought the PS3 is worth holding out for a few more months. anyone have both? Is the PS3 more 'future proof'?
I'd primarily be using it for FIFA/PES, so that would be a big consideration!

Thanks

Well i've bought the PS3 a couple of months ago and i haven't got the XBOX360.
If i would have to make a choice at the moment, i would buy the Xbox..
I play PES for most of the time (in the future maybe FIFA and/or PES because i will buy the new FIFA too)and i hjad heard rumours that the next-gen PES was made for PS3 and XBOX would be a port of the other version. Now it turns out that this isn't true...
To be honest gamewise XBOX360 is much better than PS3 right now...you'll never know what the future will bring though. And then there is the blue ray technology in the PS3...

Still, i'm pretty sure i would choose the XBOX knowing what i know NOW...

I'd primarily be using it for FIFA/PES, so that would be a big consideration!

From what has been said so far, FIFA on XB and PES on PS3, just from the latest views about, so I guess whichever of those games you prefer would be the best one to choose.

Next year the PS3 will get a decent lot of games, but for now, you money will go further on a XB, i.e. more games and most at lower prices than there PS3 counterparts of the same game.

Have a look at what games are out there, and which you really want to play now, or whats coming out in the future. There are many users on here with both, so they will give you a decent run down.

Back
Top Bottom