Sony PlayStation 3

Official PS3 FW 1.93 and PSP FW 3.71 coming in the next few days

Listed in: News, Firmware
Tags: memory stick, PlayStation Network, firmware updates, Eric Lempel Playstation Network Operations Director Eric Lempel dropped by the official PlayStation Blog and informed all PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable owners that new firmware updates are coming their way. A part of Lempel's post read:

Taking into account customer feedback and some internal testing, we will be making available in the next few days a firmware update for the PS3 (1.93) that fixes the network disconnect issue that some of you have experienced as a result of downloading Firmware 1.92.

In addition, we are adding a new firmware update for PSP (3.71) as well, which adds many features that readers of this blog have requested.

It was only yesterday when the official FW 3.70 was found lurking over at the official PlayStation site for Japan. There was a changelog for our friends back there but North American users and the rest of the world are wondering what new things have been added to the new firmware.

Eric Lempel touched on the topic as well, and mentioned that the main thing that had been added is the ability to set themes on the handheld. He explained further:

Once you have downloaded a theme, under settings, go to theme settings, select theme and then custom theme to choose the one you want to display.
You can also now play music while viewing photos or a slideshow. First begin playing a track saved on your memory stick, press the HOME or SELECT button, then navigate to your photos under the Photo icon and begin viewing.
We've added several other features including scene search for movies, and you'll be able to read about them in more depth on the usual update page once it goes live.

http://ps3.qj.net/Official-PS3-FW-1-93-and-PSP-FW-3-71-coming-in-the-next-few-days/pg/49/aid/102271

Quality, release a firmware that just fixes something a previous firmware knackered up, and doesn't add more features?

Quality, release a firmware that just fixes something a previous firmware knackered up, and doesn't add more features?
No, you need wait the 2.00 (1.9X it's only for fixed)

Scans Yakusa 3

21778063820070912121153.jpg

80565760220070912121024.jpg

Logitech Releases PS3 Bluetooth Goodness

logstuff.jpg

PS3 owners looking for a luxury keyboard might consider the Cordless MediaBoard Pro Bluetooth Keyboard from Logitech. Beyond its piano black exterior sure to magnetize dust to match your PS3, the keyboard features basic SIXAXIS button controls and web browsing media shortcuts during 200 hours of battery life. And while the built-in touchpad won't be ideal for an FPS, it will make simple mouse tasks couch-convenient.

Logitech's new Cordless Bluetooth Vantage Headset is a high quality, noise-filtering device that runs up to 12 hours on rechargeable batteries. That's the length of some multiplayer fests for many of our readers, but Bluetooth sucks the battery power. And besides, it will match your keyboard beutifully. Both peripherals are priced at a hefty $80 and will be in stores this November.

That LittleBigPlanet box art is fake and that Headset n Keyboard are very nice.

Hi guys,

I want to update my PS3 system.

I have downloaded the new fimware and copied it to my USB Stick.

When i connect the USB stick to the PS3 and go to settings ---> system update ----> update with storage media, it says that it doesn't find any data!

Do i have the sort the PS3UPDAT.PUP file in a folder for it to recognize it?

Any help?

Hi guys,

I want to update my PS3 system.

I have downloaded the new fimware and copied it to my USB Stick.

When i connect the USB stick to the PS3 and go to settings ---> system update ----> update with storage media, it says that it doesn't find any data!

Do i have the sort the PS3UPDAT.PUP file in a folder for it to recognize it?

Any help?

Yeah, you do. It will have to look like this: PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP. :)

HOME looks pretty nice, looking forward to it coming out. Hope the loading times are short though.

Thanks sfc_tsubasa

Update store US

New downloadable games:
• PixelJunk Racers ($6.99) - A single and multi-player slot car racing game, with 32 modes, 10 tracks and online rankings.
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition ($9.99) Ante up! Play limit or no-limit poker in five different game types. There's single player mode or you can play up to five others online.

Demos, demos and more demos:
• PixelJunk Racers
• Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
• NHL 08
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
• FIFA 08

Of course, more movie trailers and videos and wallpapers for your favorite new and upcoming games:
• Everyday Shooter trailer
• Warhawk trailer
• Lair Behind the Scenes video
• Feel the Noise trailer
• Juiced 2 trailer
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer
• Soul Calibur IV trailer
• High Stakes: Poker wallpaper
• 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers
• Folklore wallpaper

And finally, we also have a free music track from our favorite dragon game, Lair.

festa, set up a UK account, it's on there, grabbing it now :)

Peeps, I'm gonna go though this thread and add people to my friend list, my PSN ID is Dazimus just so you're aware :)

Just added you Jay, I haven't been on my PS3 since I got my 360 to be honest. But you're all approved now chief :)

Great poker faces? Or just plain bored? Join the excitement in High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition, the latest addition to PSN, where there's nothing to lose other than precious time -- well, that's not true, there is a required $9.99 entry fee. If you're like us (that is, waiting instead for Slots Edition), you may prefer to revisit your forgotten Scalextric obsession with PixelJunk Racers ($6.99; demo also available). Or, just pick through the freebie buffet:

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground demo

NHL 08 demo

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix demo

FIFA 08 demo

Everyday Shooter trailer
Warhawk trailer
Lair 'Behind the Scenes' video
Feel the Noise trailer
Juiced 2 trailer
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer
Soul Calibur IV trailer
High Stakes: Poker wallpaper