Sony PlayStation 3

I hope i can send messages when playing a game that really pisses me off when i get one have to quit the game to read it and some twot says hello.

That is pretty stupid... well..... I have given up and sold my PS3 on ebay :( Might catch you PS3 dudes later sometime.

I think that's one of the features the 2.0 firmware update will bring - XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) will be accessible during gameplay (click here to check the rest of the probable features). :|

Edit: Actually, just noticed that was a wish-list. Stupid. Anyway, I don't think it's available on this last update.

Last edited:
why sell your ps3 when all the good stuff is coming very soon?

The 360 was appalling for the first 8 month or so.

Sure it had a handfull of fun games but it was only from september on that the great games came.

The ps3 has only been out a few short months - we've got the launch titles to play with and NOW the real ps3 games will be coming.

Analysts believe 80GB to go $499 this year

With all the 60GB PlayStation 3s out of the warehouse and finding homes, it's time for the analysts to say that the 80GB PS3 will drop to $499 (duh) -- this year (wha?). Both Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter and -- please sense the Alan Rickman octave change -- simExchange analyst Jesse Divnich, believe there will be a price cut for the 80GB model before Jesus' birthday.

The analysts go on to say what you can probably just guess. Unless Sony wants to eat a huge helping of "we are total jerks," they'll have to drop the 80GB price to remove the clearance sale tag their 60GB model has been stuck with since the PR nightmare during E3 week when they announced the price drop and followed it up on Friday by announcing a discontinuation of the 60GB model. It's all about the timing now. When will the 60GBs be gone? Who's buying them with this second price drop ready to pop out? We know it has to happen for the sake of PR.

Forty PS3 titles to be playable at TGS

Four mystery titles join White Knight Story and LocoRoco.
by Anoop Gantayat
September 4, 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has unveiled its official list of PS3 titles set for playable showing at the Tokyo Game Show. The list, current as of 9/4, includes 36 titles from Sony and its third parties.

Among the notables are the playable debut of White Knight Story and LocoRoco. Also, as mentioned earlier today here at IGNPS3, Q Entertainment has a brand new game set for announcement and playable debut at the show.

Here's the full list.

Record of Agarest War (Idea Factory)
Spiderman 3 (Activision)
Transformers (Activision)
Pirates of the Caribbean World End (Disney)
FIFA 2008 (EA)
NBA Live 08 (EA)
Need For Speed Pro Street (EA)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (EA)
Railfan Taiwan Koutetsu (Ongakkan)
Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom)
PixelJunk Racers (Q Games)
Unannounced Title (Q Entertainment)
G1 Jockey 4 2007 (Koei)
Dynasty Warriors 6 (Koei)
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Spike)
Tony Hawk Project 8 (Spike)
Sega Rally (Sega)
Inabikisou (Sega)
Oideyo LocoRoco!! Buu Buu Cocoreccho (Sony)
Eye of Judgment Biolith Rebellion (Sony)
echochrome (Sony)
Go! Sports Ski (Sony)
Heavenly Sword (Sony)
LittleBigPlanet (Sony)
Rise From Lair (Sony)
Warhawk (Sony)
Uncharted (Sony)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Sony)
Mainichi Isyo (Sony)
Ratchet & Clank Future (Sony)
White Knight Story (Sony)
Ratatouille (THQ Japan)
Dark Sector (D3 Publisher)
Time Crisis 4 (Bandai Namco Games)
Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft)

Sony is also promising that four currently unannounced titles will join these 36 games in playable form, bringing the list up to 40. What are the identities of these titles? Well if we knew, they wouldn't exactly be announced now, would they?

In addition to these playable titles, Sony's booth will house a theater showcasing video footage of over 50 PS3 games. The booth will also highlight the non-gaming side of the system, allowing interested parties to sample the latest firmware update.

TGS opens its doors on the 20th at the Makuhari Messe convention center, just outside of Tokyo. Check back over the coming weeks for further coverage in the build-up.

The Lair Lighter

medium_DSC01051.JPG

You know what to do with it lol.

Lair Gameinformer Review.

Lair Review - 7.25/10, 8/10

Concept: The creators of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron show us that dragons are not nearly as cool as X-Wings.

Graphics: The battle span as far as the eye can see, and the high level of detail (especially when viewed in native 1080p) never ceases to amaze.

Sound: The pulse pounding score oddly sounds like it belongs in Star Wars, but definitely gets the blood pumping. This is also one of the few games out there to support 7.1 sorround sound

Playability: This is where Lair plummets. The motion-bases controls just don't work as well as they need to for an intense aerial combat game

Entertainment: Lair's disappointing critical path comes to an end at approximately six to eight hours, but getting all the gold medals will take some time

Replay Value: Moderate

Winning Eleven 11 playable at TGS, yes or no?

I vote yes

Yeah COD2 was great - but i played that to death on the PC so id already seen it with mos, maps and easier controls - i couldnt then go back to the bog standard maps.

The Orange Box delayed on PS3

orangeboxdelay.jpg

Gamespot reports that Valve's Doug Lombardi confirmed to them the PS3 version of über-value The Orange Box will be delayed on PS3 by "a couple weeks." The PC and Xbox 360 versions will move forward with their Oct. 9 release. Wonder if those poor Valve employees still won't be able to play BioShock until the PS3 version is done too. Valve overlords, have a heart and let them play, everyone seems to be getting stuck on these delays -- for real, no joke.

Per the usual of all these PS3 delay announcements, Valve would not identify the reason for the delay, which is being ported by EA. Lombardi also wouldn't talk about a specific date, he merely left the "couple weeks" quote float out there. Hopefully Sony can craft some message to explain these delays away, maybe it'll be the first memo by Karraker's replacment

Alone in the Dark PS3 gets an even bigger delay

Alone in the Dark already got a delay recently, but this is a delay within a delay, as the PS3 version of Alone in the Dark will not come out simultaneously with the Xbox 360 and PC version. Speaking with EuroGamer, Atari does not give a reason for the delay, but makes clear to emphasize that the PS3 version is still in development.

We're not saying that we're used to these PS3 delays by now -- but we totally are. No reason is ever cited for the delays, and even some of them are embroiled in controversy. Whatever, if we're just focusing on Alone in the Dark, the real question is if the game will see the light of day during its current release time frame which is before March of next year.

Alone in the Dark PS3 gets an even bigger delay

Alone in the Dark already got a delay recently, but this is a delay within a delay, as the PS3 version of Alone in the Dark will not come out simultaneously with the Xbox 360 and PC version. Speaking with EuroGamer, Atari does not give a reason for the delay, but makes clear to emphasize that the PS3 version is still in development.

We're not saying that we're used to these PS3 delays by now -- but we totally are. No reason is ever cited for the delays, and even some of them are embroiled in controversy. Whatever, if we're just focusing on Alone in the Dark, the real question is if the game will see the light of day during its current release time frame which is before March of next year.

It was all a mistake

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82845

I've finally understood what the 1.92 firmware update was all about. Since updating my PS3 I keep getting an error when trying to connect to the PSN. To be able to get on it I have to shut the console down (which takes a lot more time now) and hit the power button at the back. Then it might work.

Thanks Sony.

Oops...Clearly we din't download the same update then :shock: ...... I should think your inclination to a 360 console must be quite humungous at this point....lol... But on a more serious note tho, I actually had that error msg as well, but just once and that was it. Dint even reset the console either, but your's sounds more serious...

This has happened to a lot of people since downloading the firmware update. When trying to sign into PSN you are given an error code (8002AA08) and you just can't sign in. You need to reboot the system and then it might work.

However, I've noticed this only happens with my european (portuguese) account, the american one works fine. Weird.

Stop press

PSN (In the US) just got a demo the same time as XBL!

Too bad the demo in question is NBA Live 08 :lol:

The American store has just been updated.

Strangehold Demo - 1337mb

NBA Live'08 - 661mb

Jay, I did that when I updated my PS3. This problem happens randomly, it's weird. Thanks, anyway. :)

miguel. said:
Strangehold Demo - 1337mb
The nerds will be pissing themselves all night if they see that... "hav u heard, stranglehold is 1337 LOLOLololololOLOLolOloLOLoloL laughin so hard gonna die"

I'm afraid I'm not getting the joke.

*Opens a new tab, googles '1337', opens the first link, understands the joke.*

Now I get it.

I'm glad I didn't in the first place. I'm not too nerdy. Yet. Thank God.

By the way, Strangehold stopped downloading at 54%. This has happened to everybody. Nice.

Thanks for adding me, Jay666. :freak:

SCEE today clarified some near final release dates for games across the entire PlayStation family, including providing a tentative release date for its online social software Home. PlayStation Network releases, including Home, after the jump, but it appears gamers with the above haircut will be moping it up online before Halloween.

PLAYSTATION 3
October 17 - Folklore
October 19 - Lair
October 24 - Eye of Judgment
November 7 - Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
November 28 - Time Crisis 4
December 5 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
December 2007 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

PlayStation 2
October 19 - Buzz! Hollywood Quiz
November 2 - Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror
November 7 - EyeToy Play : Astro Zoo
December TBA - ATV Off Road Fury 4
February 2008 - Pursuit Force : Extreme Justice

PSP
October 17 - Pursuit Force : Extreme Justice
November 2 - Syphon Filter : Logan's Shadow
November 2007 - ATV Off Road : Fury Pro
December 2007 - WipEout Pulse
February 2008 - God of War : Chains of Olympus

Playstation Network (PS3)
October 4 - SnakeBall
October 4 - PixelJunk Racers
October 11 - Home (tentative)
October 18 - High Velocity Bowling
October 24 - Aqua Vita
October 25 - Operation C.F
October 25 - Trials of Topoq
October 25 - Eye Create
November 8 - Tori Emaki
November 15 - Mesmerize
December 5 - Sky Diving
December 6 - Elefunk
December 13 - Pain
December 2007 - Dark Mist

Valve explains PS3 Orange Box delay

Valve has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 version of Orange Box will be released a bit later than PC and 360 builds - but said the delay is nothing to do with the console itself.

The reason for the PS3 build's late arrival, marketing director Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer, is simply that the EA UK team handling its development are on the other side of the ocean and are necessarily a bit behind the core Valve team's development.

"We weren't going to hold up PC and 360 for PS3," Lombardi told us, which means the PS3 game will probably be released "around two or three weeks later".

SCEE has dismissed claims that it issued a release schedule showing launch dates for a load of PSP, PS2 and PlayStation 3 titles, including new fangled community thingy Home.

The dates first appeared on Kotaku.com and have since been picked up by other sites.

Key titles mentioned include Ratchet and Clank PS3 and Uncharted: Drake's Progress and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. A "tentative" date of October 11 is given for PlayStation Home.

But a spokesperson for SCE UK told our old friends GamesIndustry.biz, "That's not an official release schedule. None of the dates on the list have been confirmed at this time.

Advertisement
"I don't know where Kotaku have taken them from or why they're claiming 'SCEE have clarified dates' as we haven't sent them anything, and neither have our Central office."

According to the spokesperson, the only confirmed release dates Sony currently has are for PS3 titles Heavenly Sword (September 14th) and Warhawk (September 21st).

Sony declined to comment specifically on the rumoured October 11th date for Home. But a spokesperson did state, "We will be making more announcements about Home at this year's Tokyo Game Show." TGS 2007 runs from September 20th - 23rd.

I'm afraid I'm not getting the joke.

*Opens a new tab, googles '1337', opens the first link, understands the joke.*

Now I get it.

I'm glad I didn't in the first place. I'm not too nerdy. Yet. Thank God.

By the way, Strangehold stopped downloading at 54%. This has happened to everybody. Nice.

Thanks for adding me, Jay666. :freak:

Don't bother completing the download.
In the demo you just press L1 to jump and R1 to fire and you kill people in slow-mo the whole level.
Fun for 50 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom