Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 : Firmware 2.0 details

GT5 - that's as close to photorealism as i have seen so far... still no damage... but looks amazing... next gen gfx, last gen damage!!!

last gen physics too! and possibly AI.. what are Polyphony playing at?

He hates Gran Turismo. He's said that tons of times, before he got a PS3, before he even got a 360.

Oh God, never mind, forget it.

Last edited:

By Usman IhtshamWarhawk dated and priced for UK
Posted on August 17th, 2007 at 11:48 EDT
Experience the thrill of aerial combat with hundreds of enemy fighters, armored assaults and high-intensity infantry combat in a massive, all-out war fought both on the ground and in the skies in Warhawk, Sony's massive multiplayer-only game.

The Incog creation will be released on the PlayStation Network in the UK on August 28 and will cost £19.99. On September 21, the game will be released on Blu-ray and will come packaged with a Jabra bluetooth headset for £39.99.

Through various gameplay modes such as Team Deathmatch, Territories Mode and Capture the Flag, players engage in cooperative play or fend for themselves against enemies in thrilling and daring combat. During battle, players can take command of the most advanced war machine in the fleet, the Warhawk, capable of aerobatic dogfights at high speeds or hovering over ground troops providing tactical support.

Players can continue the battle on foot with an myriad selection of weaponry including rifles, flame throwers, grenades and more.

PSU cannot wait to feel the thrill of aerial and ground combat in Warhawk. We hope to see your flying prowess this August 28th!

Its ok JB some people just cant take criticism on a game that they love to bits :)

Its ok JB some people just cant take criticism on a game that they love to bits :)

Hey I don't love Gran Turismo, I was too busy playing Burnout to bother with GT3 and GT4, they bored me.

Just don't go saying GT5 is the same as GT4 before we atleast get better info.

No Euro PS3 price cut, more bundles

According to Sony Europe President David Reeves, the PS3 will not be getting a price cut and they'll continue offering more bundles to drive sales. He says that the new bundles will go beyond the Starter Pack introduced during E3 when the US received its price chop. Reeves says they're happy with the "PAL business" and that "it's on track."

In the same interview, Reeves says that reason they didn't announce any new games during their Leipzig press conference was because they didn't want to "overload" gamers. He says they're focusing on doing "pillar titles every month" because gamers "don't have huge wallets and they can't go out and buy five games at €59 all the time." That's very reasonable thinking, especially when they're European consumers who can't get a price cut.

Damn Heavenly Sword getting such a low score. Sony needs to sort something out with games instead of this bull excuse of not wanting to flood the market. The PS3 is looking like a better media player than a games machine. It had better be a good Christmas or I'll sell my PS3 and buy one again when (good) games eventually come out.

I'll still get HS regardless and I still expect a price cut to be announced before the major games come out, I think they didn't do it now because if they gave a date then in between no one would buy one and instead they'll wait until that date.

Hey I don't love Gran Turismo, I was too busy playing Burnout to bother with GT3 and GT4, they bored me.

Just don't go saying GT5 is the same as GT4 before we atleast get better info.
But when you see a video which shows the same thing as GT4? a car bumping into another one and Bouncing off unrealistically? Dude im entitled to say what I think.

More Bad news:

Levine confirms no PS3 BioShock and does mea culpa on PC issues -- success hurts

Joystiq just got off the phone with Ken Levine, lead designer for BioShock, and was told that the PC version's issues are overblown because the game's high profile has placed it under a microscope. He fully admits they "screwed up" and notes that patches are most definitely in the works. Furthermore, there is no PS3 version of BioShock in development or planned

Wow, do I feel stupid for having a 360 after reading that. :)

So does that mean that the degrading grass in fifa08 is only possible on the ps3? Damn it!

To balance out the dissapointment for us 360 owners:

Best 360 game at this years GC = Bioshock
Best ps3 game at this years GC = PES2008

How the F$%k can pes be the best the ps3 has to other? Even disregarding how good fifa is looking, surely the ps3 has a better game?! PES08 is practically a ps2 game!

Last edited:

Well love is blind. But it isnt a good "move" for sony. If people who arent that much into gaming end up on a site that shows the two games next to each other (when they are looking which console to get) it doesnt do sony any good. Just cant believe there is nothing better, even considering the fanboy/love people have for pes.

How the F$%k can pes be the best the ps3 has to other? Even disregarding how good fifa is looking, surely the ps3 has a better game?! PES08 is practically a ps2 game!

We are developing a familer situation.

People at the show and they have played PES2008, seem to rate it, very highly.

People on this site that have only seen videos a few, seem to slag off PES2008.

Good to see Heavenly sword getting realistic reviews.
The game looks like Golden axe with amazing backgrounds.
Move here fight a set ammount of scripted enemys move on and repeat.

Reminds me of Perfect dark zero on the Xbox 360 when ppl swore it was an amazing game because they were just desperate for something good to play.

Back
Top Bottom