Sony PlayStation 3

Hot Shots golf is bloody amazing.

The new shot mechanic gives it a wonderfully different feel.

Love it.

Minna no Golf 5 !!! Fantastic game... the new swing method feels so natural and requires much more skill. This game is amazing... Highly recommended!

Lair was reviewed in the latest copy of EGM and the highest score out of the 3 reviewers was a 6/10.
Sorry but even with the delay it is not going to be a good game.

Lair was reviewed in the latest copy of EGM and the highest score out of the 3 reviewers was a 6/10.
Sorry but even with the delay it is not going to be a good game.

Well mate the reviewed a preview copy. The frammerate issues & control issues have been fixed by aly accounts hence the delay.

It was delayed after the reviews. Factor 5 told all reviewer there were framerate problems & these will be fixed.

You either love flying with sixaxis or not.

So it still may be a good game

Lair had looked toilet since I first saw it on gamer.tv

Some of the visuals are ok, but the whole dragons fighting, sixaxis flying etc - doesnt add up to a decent game.

Cannot see what all the fuss has been about to be honest...

jap version it is then.

i heard when you play online with a asia region game, you can only play with ppl that have the same region game.

so i am going to stick with the european one, as i can't stand playing the yanks and i don't speak japanese lol

Stranglehold for PlayStation 3 Delayed for Unspecified Amount of Time

N4G said:
Some bad news today for Playstation 3 owners. Midway sent out a press release this afternoon which contains the exact release date for John Woo Presents: Stranglehold. The PC and Xbox 360 versions will both be released on August 27 but the pressrelease does not say anything about the Playstation 3 release.

Dutch website PS3Only contacted Midway why there was no mention of the Playstation 3 release. They just got a response from Midway which contained the bad news that Stranglehold for the Playstation 3 has been delayed for an unknown time. Although it will definitely be out this year, it seems it won't make the previous september release.

Midway recently said the Playstation 3 version would be released on September 17, but now it seems that it won't make that release. When the Playstation 3 version will be released now is something will just have to wait for. Midway's response can be read below.

"It’s definitely out this year but no confirmed street date as yet"

Another one? :|

1up contacted Midway and they say its not true and its still on track but other sites are saying that the Euro release has been delayed. What can the difference be between euro and american?

1up contacted Midway and they say its not true and its still on track but other sites are saying that the Euro release has been delayed. What can the difference be between euro and american?

Who knows....i will just import it.

Could it be to do with Hard Boiled on the disc? Maybe the licence's havent been cleared for Europe?

Hot Shots Golf 5 Upskirt Money Shots

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/hot-shots-golf-5-upskirt-money-shots-288051.php

Those Hot Shots Golf 5 upskirts we posted? Those were NOTHING — shamefully close but no cigar. Now that the game's been out for a bit, and folks with discerning tastes have have more time to perfect things. You want pantsu? They've go clear, unobstructed pantsu. The above clip has the art of the Hot Shots upskirt down. What we learned? There are matching multi-colored underoos like white, blue, green, pink and black. Because in golf, coordination is everything! This clip clocks in at 8 minutes — too long for some and not long enough for others.

I'm sorry but why are most Asian Game makers clearly a bunch of Virgin pedophiles always obsessed with school girls in shorts skirts.

Apparently only the US are getting it tho.

That version is region free also.

If thats true then I might import the game even before I get my PS3 although I should have one by the time its released.

Midway backed down and made it region free.

Killzone 2 most Cinematic Game Ever Produced

The BBC recently got a chance to play through a small chunk of Killzone 2. It appears the level they got their hands on was the one shown at E3, and they were thoroughly impressed:

Sat down in front of a playable level it is immediately clear that Killzone 2 will be one of the most cinematic and immersive games ever produced on a console.
The raw processing power of the PlayStation 3 has been harnessed to create a level of detail seen only in a handful of games on high-end PCs.

The dynamic lighting, animation, high-definition environments and details, such as plaster flying off walls and pillars caught in crossfire, create a sense of place and reality that takes games to a new level of realism.

The unnamed writer says that the game is leaps better than the original Killzone, and not just because of the improved graphics, AI, specifically, is called out as "first rate". The writer goes on to say that there are some rough bits still that need to be worked out, but seems to be genuinely impressed.

State of Play: Killzone 2 hands on

Killzone is set in a futuristic dystopian world
Killzone 2 has always been about delivering on a promise. When the first trailer for the game emerged two years ago the sounds of jaws dropping to the floor reverberated around the industry.
Soon after, only the gnashing of grinding teeth was heard when it emerged that the trailer was not being run on PlayStation 3 hardware.

Two years on and Amsterdam-based Guerrilla games is working at turning the naysayers into believers. The game is Sony's Exocet missile at the heart of Xbox 360 owners; a rocket designed to convince doubters that the PlayStation 3 has the explosive power to blow away its rivals.

The first hints that Guerrilla has something very special up its sleeve have begun to emerge.

Sat down in front of a playable level it is immediately clear that Killzone 2 will be one of the most cinematic and immersive games ever produced on a console.

The raw processing power of the PlayStation 3 has been harnessed to create a level of detail seen only in a handful of games on high-end PCs.

The dynamic lighting, animation, high-definition environments and details, such as plaster flying off walls and pillars caught in crossfire, create a sense of place and reality that takes games to a new level of realism.

Cinematic scene

The level starts with a cinematic scene of airborne troop carriers swooping out of the sky and into the battlefield.

When the cutscene ends Killzone 2 moves seamlessly into the in-game action; smoke drifts across the street, lightning flashes realistically in the night sky, sparks of bullet ricochets fill the night and a soldier on fire staggers across your path.

Killzone 2 is an archetypal shooter - a futuristic action title that draws on the symbolism of World War II to create a sense of familiarity.

Shoot or be shot - that is the ethos of Killzone

The game mechanics of the level I saw are not particularly innovative - it is a classic run and shoot adventure, mixing different weapon types and simple tasks to good effect.

The first Killzone title suffered from a number of glitches and bugs, poor AI and a strangely awkward control interface.

This time around, the game's control scheme is solid, the AI of the enemy troops looks on course to be first rate, while there is still some work to be done on specific combat areas, such as throwing grenades.

The violence is intense and the title is destined for an 18 certificate. It could also spark further debate over the use of photo-real violence in videogames.

The one level I played had been in development for the last six months, and with such hyper-real detail it is easy to see why the game is not due for release until 2008.

The developers behind the game I spoke to exuded a tangible confidence when talking about the game; Guerrilla and Sony know they have a special title on their hands.

The high watermark for realism and immersion in videogames could soon be about to be lifted.

Video:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/ne...0/6933588.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&asb=1&news=1&ms3=54

Back
Top Bottom