Sony PlayStation 3

welcome news, maybe this is why sony haven't really 'moaned' about the 360 getting exclusive GTA content.

the first video of CoD4 on the PS3

C4 HD

07-27-2007 | Written By: Fourzerotwo

This week we're introducing a new type of perk. Previously showcased perks focused around Special Abilities such as Increased Bullet Penetration with Deep Impact, Increased Rate of Fire with Double Tap, or Increased Reload Times with Slight of Hand. There is another category of perks that focuses less on these Special Abilities and more on Special Weapons.

Special Weapons include things such as C4, RPGs, extra grenades, etc. The first Special Weapons perk we're going to showcase is C4. C4 doesn't need a ton of explanation - it's a perfect perk for objective game types such as Search and Destroy where you can set traps for your enemy, and for faster paced games like Free For All (Deathmatch) where you can lead your target towards you and blow them up with well placed C4.

To show off the perk in-game, we decided to load up a Free For All (Deathmatch) and Team Deathmatch game on the Playstation 3 and just blow the hell out of the level. Keep in mind, the actual perk only gives you 2 C4 per spawn, so you have to choose your usage of them wisely. C4 is great for setting traps, especially since vehicles are fully destructible in multiplayer.

As you can see in the first part of the video, we planted some C4 on a car, lured the enemy up to it to take cover and sent them flying. The rest of the video is a montage of death showcasing the many ways to take out enemies using C4. We go from planting it on the run, to planning an attack, to catching our enemies off guard by throwing C4 over the wall in the direction they’re heading. Watch out for the little blooper reel at the end that I like to call, "When C4 Collides."

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/sitrep.php?bt=4

I see no difference between this and the recent 360 videos.

Yeh I agree, used to always you Play.com but shopto.net deliver faster and are cheaper on alot of things.

Thats a good deal but their isn't any games I really want. Hopefully buy the time pes comes out it'll be even cheaper then I'll snap one up.

Good lord!

I desperate to buy one now, but i'm just thinking about their being a PES bundle with the price being cheap as that.

Need to think about this...

Yeh I agree, used to always you Play.com but shopto.net deliver faster and are cheaper on alot of things.

Thats a good deal but their isn't any games I really want. Hopefully buy the time pes comes out it'll be even cheaper then I'll snap one up.

Mattster,

You might be really intelligent and make the best comments on here; only I wouldn't know it as your avatar always pulls my eyes away like a hypnotic tractor beam :D!

do any of you guys know if this external hard drive would work on the ps3, and if you are able to plug the hard drive in the usb port and dont have to do any formating or something else.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Dig...0?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185882181&sr=1-4

also i was looking for a keyboard to use on the ps3 can you use any usb keyboard as some you have to install and how could you do this on a ps3 , you should be able to use any usb keyboard right?

be grateful for any help or any info on what you have got if it is ok, and where you got it from.

hi there im new to the psn and have no friends. ive been on here for ages. If anyone that knows me wants to add me please do my psn is - SergeantAngel

facts-win-2007.jpg

2007 Winners
The winners for the Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2007 are as follows:

Fast Facts: Read winner breakdown by game, publisher and platform here.

Best of Show
Rock Band
(Harmonix/MTV Games/EAP for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Original Game
LittleBigPlanet
(Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for PS3)

Best Console Game
Mass Effect
(Bioware/Microsoft Games Studio for Xbox 360)

Best PC Game
Crysis
(Crytek/EAP)

Best Handheld Game
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
(Nintendo for Nintendo DS)

Best Hardware/Peripheral
Rock Band Instruments

Best Action Game
Call of Duty 4
(Infinity Ward/Activision for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Action/Adventure Game
Bioshock
(Irrational Games/2K Games for PC, Xbox 360)

Best Role Playing Game
Mass Effect
(Bioware / Microsoft Games Studio for Xbox 360)

Best Racing Game
Burnout Paradise
(Criterion Games/Electronic Arts for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Sports Game
Madden NFL 08
(Electronic Arts for All Platforms)

Best Fighting Game
Virtua Fighter 5
(Sega for Xbox 360)

Best Strategy Game
World in Conflict
(Massive Entertainment/Sierra for PC)

Best Social/Casual/Puzzle
Rock Band

Best Online Multiplayer
Halo 3
(Bungie/Microsoft Games Studio for Xbox 360)

Special Commendation for Graphics
Killzone 2
(Guerilla Games/Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for PS3)

Sony is to launch a digital tuner for the Playstation 3 in early 2008, offering programmable TV recording functions to users of the next-gen console, GamesIndustry.biz is reporting.

Warwick Light, sales and marketing manager for Sony Computer Entertainment New Zealand, revealed the details to local website The Press, promising to "transform the PS3 capabilities so as to meet people's changing entertainment needs."

Advertisement

"We're also hoping next year - about the same time that Freeview launches its terrestrial broadcasting service - to release a digital tuner for the PS3, turning it into a programmable TV recorder," said Light.

Freeview services are expected to launch in New Zealand next March.

Although some industry watchers expect an announcement regarding the service to be made at this year's Leipzig Games convention, Sony has previously refused to comment on the speculation.

Lair not done, delayed until September 4

Though originally confirmed to be complete and on track for an August 14 launch, SCEA Associate Producer Ryan Hamlyn has posted on the official PlayStation blog that Lair is being delayed until September 4 due "to enhance the community features in the game."

"Natural challenges that arose while finalizing the offline game to include key online features - such as leaderboards and medal systems - have led to the difficult choice of pushing back the release date," he said. It'll be interesting to see what happens to those early reviews of the game.

Back
Top Bottom