Sony PlayStation 3

I have a question for the people who played Motorstorm. In Gamespot it says the game is 1-2 players, but I have also read there is no split screen, so then how does it work?

Bugger, should have got GTASA for the PC, the graphics would have been better again. #-o I did have it on the PS2, but then bought the 360 version to improve the graphics a bit.

I will probably rent Killzone, just to see if I've missed out. Now that the golf's been on TV though, I'm itching to play a decent golf game...

I'm very easily influenced.

i don't play many golf games, but i have the demo of everbody's golf 5 on ps3.

i am enjoying it very much and it's a definite purchase for me.

you can have up to 8 players online and you don't have to take turns, so no waiting for each other to take shots. it looks frantic but fun.

Bugger, should have got GTASA for the PC, the graphics would have been better again. #-o I did have it on the PS2, but then bought the 360 version to improve the graphics a bit.

I will probably rent Killzone, just to see if I've missed out. Now that the golf's been on TV though, I'm itching to play a decent golf game...

I'm very easily influenced.

You are an advertisers dream. ;) :D

A Heavenly Sword demo will be available to download from the PlayStation Network this Thursday, Sony has confirmed to Eurogamer this morning.

1.90 PS3 Firmware Update Hits Japan

The 1.90 Firmware update just hit Japanese PS3s. Let's dive in and see what the update entails:
• Ability to rearrange games on the XMB
• Option menu now includes "eject disk"
• Press triangle to eject games/CDs/movies in the XMB
• XMB backgrounds
• Change the folder classification
• Emoticons
• Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz
• Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
• Change PS3 video settings in-game
• "Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"
• Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick
• Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games
• Add bookmarks
• Web browser security function in the browser's tool section
• Avatar moves during audio visual chat

Kotaku

Last edited:
I knew that "Play Custom Soundtracks" in game was bullshit! they could have done this a long time ago on the PSP's XMB but never bothered. Why do they include the possibility of such a feature and then dont bother to make it work? $ony are lazy arses!

I agree, some nice features added there. Sony are doing well keeping these firmware updates coming pretty regularly.

Great update. Makes you think how big the 2.00 update will be?

Thank you Sony

custom soundtracks in game are there its the devs who aren't using it.

You are an advertisers dream. ;) :D
Seriously, I am. :(

i have pre-ordered the uk version, as i have trouble understanding japanese text. uk version is out next month.
Didn't know that, I love that game as well!

Damn, it's getting harder to resist. Pre-E3 I wasn't interested in the least in a PS3, then after seeing CoD4 and Killzone 2 I thought "well it does look like it could be worth the money in the long run". Now, after watching the golf and seeing that a new Everybody's Golf is on the way... I might have to sell that kidney early...

Seriously, I am. :(

Didn't know that, I love that game as well!

Damn, it's getting harder to resist. Pre-E3 I wasn't interested in the least in a PS3, then after seeing CoD4 and Killzone 2 I thought "well it does look like it could be worth the money in the long run". Now, after watching the golf and seeing that a new Everybody's Golf is on the way... I might have to sell that kidney early...

COD4 could be better on the 360 as its the lead SKU? also the 360 pad is better for FPS imo.

yeh, but everbody's golf is sooo fun. maybe it hasn't changed that much in terms of gameplay, but i am gonna love the online mode.

i am looking forward to heavenly sword and there is a demo of this out on thursday on the psn store.

There was an article a few pages ago that said CoD4 will run at 60fps on the PS3 - that's what made me start thinking about it (of all the games on show at E3, CoD4 made the biggest impression with me). But I won't be able to afford one for at least 3 months so we'll see if there's any contradicting news by that time (or if it emerges that FIFA\PES\GTA really is better on one console than the other).

There was an article a few pages ago that said CoD4 will run at 60fps on the PS3 - that's what made me start thinking about it (of all the games on show at E3, CoD4 made the biggest impression with me). But I won't be able to afford one for at least 3 months so we'll see if there's any contradicting news by that time (or if it emerges that FIFA\PES\GTA really is better on one console than the other).

i reckon them games will all be just as good on both machines

COD4 could be better on the 360 as its the lead SKU? also the 360 pad is better for FPS imo.

Have to agree with you there Kenny, while I have got used to playing footie games with the analogue stick thru DC, XB and XB360, the PS D-Pad was always sweeter to use when you go back to it, however for the any FPS, its been a much different thing, my thumbs just dont like the PS pad for them.

While they are at it redesigning the SIXAXIS for Rumble, any chance they could make the L2 R2 real triggers?

And JB, just wait a while longer for a PS3, the deals will get better, unless there is something out now you want to play, keep the moolah in ur wallet or bank account, LBP and MGS4 aint out till next year. COD4 could run at 60 on the PS3, but it could also still do that on the 360. Tis not to say I aint tempted, and well I have been doing sums about it all, a US console it roughly 250 quid, whereas SCEE want us to pay 400-425 for it with 2 games and an extra pad and no free mail in Blu Ray movies. So if I wanted all what SCEE have packed in on a US machine, its about 340, so till it hits that point, I aint biting. I have never paid over 300 for a console, and while its streets ahead in terms of what it can do, the technology in it continues to get cheaper each day and therefore I dont intend too.

Last edited:
Jeez DJ, just give it a rest, another go at PS3? Why do you even have a PS Network name? It's pretty obvious you've got something against the system what with all the slagging off and sarcasm towards the system. If you've got nothing positive, or at least an unbiased view, then maybe it's better for everyone if you said nothing?

It's becoming boring visiting the PS3 thread to see you always putting some kind of negativity towards the system, constantly bigging up the 360 and sarcasm.

Snoop where am I bigging up the 360? Also ive got a PS3 because there are SOME games that are exclusive to it that I like to play. I am allowed to state my opinion am I not?

Sorry BOSS! There are too many chiefs or wannabe chiefs in this forum and not enough Indians!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom