Sony PlayStation 3

Then sit and wait as no decent games are worth playing once your fed up with Motorstorm. :) great

Then sit and wait as no decent games are worth playing once your fed up with Motorstorm. :) great

You have made your point, over and over and over and over and over again...why this crusade???? You are the Bin Laden of cyberspace...Is Bill Gates your uncle??? How many is Microsoft paying you????

I don't want to upset you but your crusade is rather boring. I've bought a PS3, and i agree with you that besides Motorstorm and NBA 2K7 there are no games that i like, but why keep on repeating this over and over again...and if people react you call them fanboys...please stop for a couple of weeks.

Why don't you write a sort of review at the end of the year (or every 3 months) about the great Sony Swindle??? Why waste all your energy on this adversity???

Sorry, but i've been meaning to say this for weeks...

^^^^ It's good that a 3rd party developer will finally be producing a game which uses the PS3 architecture correctly. It will be interesting to compare the two versions side by side.

You have made your point, over and over and over and over and over again...why this crusade???? You are the Bin Laden of cyberspace...Is Bill Gates your uncle??? How many is Microsoft paying you????

I don't want to upset you but your crusade is rather boring. I've bought a PS3, and i agree with you that besides Motorstorm and NBA 2K7 there are no games that i like, but why keep on repeating this over and over again...and if people react you call them fanboys...please stop for a couple of weeks.

Why don't you write a sort of review at the end of the year (or every 3 months) about the great Sony Swindle??? Why waste all your energy on this adversity???

Sorry, but i've been meaning to say this for weeks...
Bows down to the legend....

No worries Gerd, I do tend to forget about posts Ive done weeks ago. I am not on a crusade against Sony, I just think its a pretty crappy return for the £425 most people have paid for the machine.....

No worries Gerd, I do tend to forget about posts Ive done weeks ago. I am not on a crusade against Sony, I just think its a pretty crappy return for the £425 most people have paid for the machine.....

when you invest that much money your not short sightted and you know what games are coming out and spend that much on a console as you are buying something for the next six or 7 years atleast, so you don't look at the games coming out for the first 3 months and be ignorant about the future. let me open you eyes:
titles with the ps3 beside them are exclusive.
1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Pro Evolution Soccer 7
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (PS3)
4. uncharted - drakes fortune (ps3)
5. Heavenly Sword (PS3)
6. Killzone (PS3)
7. Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
8. Resident Evil 5
9. The Getaway (PS3)
10. Driver 5
11. Assassin's Creed
12. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
13. Tekken 6 (PS3)
14. John Woo Presents: Stranglehold
15. WWE: Smackdown VS Raw 2008
16. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
17. Burnout 5: Paradise
18. Devil May Cry 4
19. ninja gaiden sigma
20. lair (ps3)

the next 8 months and all these games will be out. i have ranked them in oreder of my favourite titles coming out or most anticipated by me. so in tp ten there are SIX PS3 EXCLUSIVE TITLES coming out. i seem to be pretty happy , although i baught my ps3 which is US from ebay for £300 with resistance.

Not only that, I cant believe you missed out Unreal Tournament 3 which IMO is gonna be THE killer app on the PS3.
Look at what Gears of War did for the Xbox 360, think about the freedom they're gonna give you with the ability to create custom mods, maps, etc using a PC software, with free online service, and the ability to use a keyboard and mouse.
I'll honestly be surprised if this isnt the Game of the Year.

Call Of Duty 4 is what's making me drool at the moment. As Tobi reported earlier, it's going to run at 60fps on the PS3, and the game looks amazing. The thing that makes me want it so badly is the weather. I loved the beginning of MGS 2, where he's on a ship in the middle of a stormy night. The weather effects were gorgeous (and weather isn't featured in FPS games too often, especially online). When I saw them running about a ship in the pouring rain, I just wanted to put the disc in now.

The only thing that spoils MGS for me is the utterly Japanese unrealism of it all, and it's the same thing that (only slightly) put me off Gears Of War. CoD4 looks like MGS set in the real world, weather effects and all - which is, when I think of it, all I could ever dream of from an FPS. You can have your sci-fi dudes with 20-inch arms battling purple guys with plasma guns. I'll have this instead.

Stuff the football games, if anything's going to make me buy a PS3, it could be this.

Call Of Duty 4 is what's making me drool at the moment. The thing that makes me want it so badly is the weather.

You can have that free if you live in London. Just stand outside (and stick a joypad up your arse if you need to).

:)

Actually, do you know when it comes out?

Ok ill give you a response to the list. Its only good that I do.

1. GTA IV, its coming out on 360 and if its like any other games which have been on 360 and PS3 and have ran SMOOTHER on the 360 I think ill stick to that version.

2. PES 2008 I may well get this for PS3 due to liking the control pad (D Pad in particular). Possibly get the PC version due to the great work of them modders :) You guys know who you are!

3. Metal Gear Solid 4, I have gone off of MGS, didnt like Snake Eater. Lost motivation with playing the game.

4.Unchartered, Not my kinda game so not bothered.

5. Heavenly Sword, Same as above.

6. Killzone 2. I think this game is a Halo Wannabe. Killzone 1 I thought was fucking rubbish! one of the worst and most hyped about FPS I have ever played... So im not really expecting much from its sequel...

7. Final Fantasy, Cannot stand RPG's. Dont like all the Power Bars and Magic Spells bullshit... oh ill attack you with this made up power of 100G's and it will take 60 Energy points off of you.... Great fun!

8. Resi 5,I am a huge fan. Also a 360 release and again as I said about GTA IV I think the 360 will be my system of choice.

9. The Getaway, This was one of the main reasons for buying a PS3 in the 1st place, I loved the other Getaways But when is this one coming out? No one knows!

10. Driver 5, Didnt like the others I see them as GTA wannabies.... would rather play classic GTA and GTA London :)

11. Assasins Creed, Again also coming on 360 so most probably will get it on that if it turns out to be amazing.

12. Gran Turismo... Ha ha ha.. I have already commented on this game till the cows come home so not saying another word.

13. Tekken 6, Should have stopped making Tekkens years ago, Tekken 4 was rubbish and havent liked DR either.

14. Stranglehold, Again another one coming out on 360.

15. WWE Smackdown Vs RAW. A game based on a fake sport.... Nuff Said :)

16. Kane & Lynch, Also 360 I believe. Not really interested in this.

17. Burnout 5 Paradise, Also 360... Same old Burnout...

18. Devil May Cry 4, Also 360 again I think... Not interested

19. Ninja Gaiden Sigma , PS3 Only but not interested.

20. Lair.... Not interested.

21. Formula 1 2007, PS3 only and again could be another console seller if Studio Liverpool do more than just update the rules/teams/liveries of the cars.

I have to admit I do kinda agree with gerd on what he's saying dj, it does sometimes come across like trolling. Whether you mean it to or not is a different story, but from an outsider looking in so-to-speak, it does come across as constant PS3 bashing.

Just my 2 pence :)

PS3 Hits 1 Million in Japan

Sony's newest is selling at one-quarter the speed of the Wii.

While the PlayStation 3 has had a rough go of it in Japan (and everywhere else) since its launch last November, Famitsu publisher Enterbrain has released sales data that shows the console has finally surpassed the one million mark in sales in its home country. According to GameDaily BIZ, Enterbrain surveyed 3,500 stores across Japan and found the PS3 has sold 1.01 million units as of July 15.

Of course, previous data released by Enterbrain shows that the Wii has sold through 2.9 million units as of July 8 in Japan, and it is likely the console has surpassed the 3 million mark by now.

Earlier this week, Xbox boss Peter Moore told GameDaily that the PS3 has been a "failure" in Japan, where only 420,705 units of the Xbox 360 have been sold.

What a crock of shit! The only version out of stock is the one with the free Blu-Ray remote! In-Stock - NG4 should really check their stories before posting.

Yep i see them on the shelves everyday over here.

The big question will retailers be eager to restock these in any deep quantities after they finally sell the ones that have been sitting on the shelves for months

@Dj

All your harping on about games being smoother on 360. Thats all changing now. You will ned to find another excuse. Devs are finally getting to grips with the machine. Fifa will be 60fps as will Madden.

At the end of the day the choice you make will have to be based on something else now. Also it does seem a bit like trolling although i presume its not intended.

Nah its not intended and no im not trolling... its up to you guys at the end of the day which machine you do whatever with. Im just stating a personal opinion and isnt that what forums are all about? discussions and opinions? so this whole djdoc is trolling bullshit is designed to make the admins ban me! If any of you have a problem with what I post on here PM me about it. Otherwise shut the fuck up and get on with it!

Nah its not intended and no im not trolling... its up to you guys at the end of the day which machine you do whatever with. Im just stating a personal opinion and isnt that what forums are all about? discussions and opinions? so this whole djdoc is trolling bullshit is designed to make the admins ban me! If any of you have a problem with what I post on here PM me about it. Otherwise shut the fuck up and get on with it!

You have a point there.
It was never my intention to cause you harm...if my remark (which was well meant) must serve to ban you: i don't want that.
You are a good guy who comes out for his opinion...it annoyed me a litle b it that you often said the same things, but that's far from a capital sin...
I'm truly sorry to have caused this...

gerd your not the one who accused me of trolling so im not getting at you, that post was aimed at Dead Man. It seems here you get flamed for your opinions and attacked for them.

Aye, no malicious intent from me dj mate, I'm just saying your opinions can be taken as a certain way. I definately wouldnt want you banned, like you say a forum is a place for opinions and that's that, regardless of how strong they are ;-)

@ WEtogle, thats a good offer actually, if you dont want motorstorm/resistance and want to wait for the rumble controllers and the top games.

I would have probably gone for that if i didnt have the 360. Just for the added blu-ray player.

Back
Top Bottom