Sony PlayStation 3

@ adonis

Originally Posted by Sony Spokesperson
Those quotes from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July... As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future.

Thats not a denial though is it?

In fact you can read it in a number of ways:

"Its not accurate that will we be out of stock"
=
"we have soo many of the buggers left that it will take awhile for us to get rid of them, meaning they will be on sale for the forseeable future"

or

"Its not accurate that will we be out of stock"
=
"We wont run out of stock in July, it will be atleast august and then we will have the 80gb model availeble anyway"

or

"It will be availeble for the forseeable future"
= (skip forward a couple of months)
"We hadnt forseen the popularity of the reduced 60gb model, however due to market constraits we will now only be retailing the 80gb model"

or

"Those quotes from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July"
=
"That dude is off his head, we wish they would sell that good!! Sadly his statement is not accurate in that it would never be possible to sell that many units in such a short time, we barely managed those numbers during launch"

Basicly its a bullshit statement that says nothing, the reason theyve gone over to the 80gb model is because the 80gb hdd are actually cheaper then the 60gb hdd(models). Why would they continue to produce a more expensive model at a lower sales price?

Yeh its getting phased out, but at least its not gone by end of July.

Bad move to discontinue when stock runs out though.

Agree, youre still stuck with the high price point and you wont be getting much more for your money, 20gb extra wont make much difference and motorstorm isnt a game to sell a console(will probably end up platinum soon enough anyway). Especially when its already been out for ages, its no mgs/gt/gta/etc which are games people buy consoles for. Adding this comment doesnt really help does it :lol:

We haven't had a good old console mud-slinging match in a while, but Sony marketing VP Peter Dille has taken it upon himself to let the world know just how he feels about Microsoft's Xbox 360.

"I don't want to be argumentative, but I take issue with Microsoft either having a long tail, or being profitable, because they've never done either. They've never made a dime in this business," Dille told Gamasutra.

"With the Xbox 360 you've got an inconsistent design, some have a hard drive, some don't, and none of them have Blu-ray, and the HD DVD will be out of business in a matter of months. Is this a 10 year product?"

Advertisement:
He continued, "And by the way it doesn't even work. Do they want to be selling it for 10 years and refurbishing them all for 10 more years? I don't think that's a 10 year product. You could disagree with me, or they could disagree with me, but I'd put that up against the PS3 any day."

Last edited:
So guys - i have taken the plunge and got mysef a ps3 -

What i want to know is: is it worth me buying pes6 for the ps2?

I wanna play it online on my ps3 - is this possible and does it run ok?

ps. little big planet looks amazing

Last edited:
Sony To Get its Own "Gears of War" like I.P. from Epic

Half way through this podcast hosted by Zdmedia.net they touch base on the Sony & Epic deal. It is stated that Epic and Sony might be working on a PS3 game that deals with the Gears of War universe not necessarily Gears of War 2. The deal that Sony and Epic signed was a multi-part deal, so there could be other things besides the UT3 exclusivity deal.

they basically say that its a business thing and that the PS3 will be $499 its just that the 60GB's that are in stock right now when they have all sold out then the 80GB with motorstorm will take its place at $499.

some people higher up at sony didn't even want a price cut so Kaz is basically saying look the 60GB is selling better now that we cut the price so it was justified decision.

at the end of the day the $100 price isn't temporary.

they basically say that its a business thing and that the PS3 will be $499 its just that the 60GB's that are in stock right now when they have all sold out then the 80GB with motorstorm will take its place at $499.

some people higher up at sony didn't even want a price cut so Kaz is basically saying look the 60GB is selling better now that we cut the price so it was justified decision.

at the end of the day the $100 price isn't temporary.

i thought the motorstorm pack would be $599.

it is but when the 60GB's are all gone it will take that price point.

forget the us i'm pissed enough there getting it for £250 and were pating £425 , i wanna hear a EU price of £350 with two games and a controller and not old games new sony games so like instead of resitence and motorstorm, they need to include heavenly sword and Lair.

tobi heard anything like the 80 gb coming to Eu and of same price of the 60gb.

So guys - i have taken the plunge and got mysef a ps3 -

What i want to know is: is it worth me buying pes6 for the ps2?

I wanna play it online on my ps3 - is this possible and does it run ok?

ps. little big planet looks amazing
YUP, PS2 PES6 runs good on Ps3. JUsdt need the latest firmware. Online play is fine too.

it is but when the 60GB's are all gone it will take that price point.

They speculate that, but it will all depend how well they can argue the point to Sony Corp, what Sony really need is a big hike in software being shifted with this basic sell off of the 60Gb model and not just people buying a cheap Blu Ray player. Also the 80Gb model will not have the Emotion Engine chip, so anyone who wants NTSC-US PS2 perfect playback, go get yourself a 60Gb model. And as Tikx3 said earlier, the main reason why its now a 80Gb, is because it's cheaper to produce.

I am tempted to get a US machine myself, but only because games are region free and its so much less than the price of the machine in Euro land, and someone posted here that you dont even need a step-down this time. I mean you could pick up alot of decent cheap PS2 NTSC games that you wanted for your machine for not alot, i.e replacing your PAL library, or ones you cared about. As for Blu Ray movies, importing wouldnt be hard, and I suspect most come out Stateside before they do in Europe as normal.

They speculate that, but it will all depend how well they can argue the point to Sony Corp, what Sony really need is a big hike in software being shifted with this basic sell off of the 60Gb model and not just people buying a cheap Blu Ray player. Also the 80Gb model will not have the Emotion Engine chip, so anyone who wants NTSC-US PS2 perfect playback, go get yourself a 60Gb model. And as Tikx3 said earlier, the main reason why its now a 80Gb, is because it's cheaper to produce.

I am tempted to get a US machine myself, but only because games are region free and its so much less than the price of the machine in Euro land, and someone posted here that you dont even need a step-down this time. I mean you could pick up alot of decent cheap PS2 NTSC games that you wanted for your machine for not alot, i.e replacing your PAL library, or ones you cared about. As for Blu Ray movies, importing wouldnt be hard, and I suspect most come out Stateside before they do in Europe as normal.

Yeh and dont forget that It would probably be cheaper to buy Blu-Ray movies from abroad.

Loads of my mates have ordered it over the weekend, you really cant argue with paying £250 for the console. I might pick one one up in a few months for the other room, absolutely hate moving the PS3 from the small 23inch HDTV to the 40inch 1080p one when the fam go to bed. Then theres moving it back! lol

Oh yeah, any word on when the DS3 SIXAXIS would be released? Was there a prototype shown at E3, or all quiet atm, also would they be able to add rumble to games like MotorStorm and Resistance via the PSN?

forget the us i'm pissed enough there getting it for £250 and were pating £425 , i wanna hear a EU price of £350 with two games and a controller and not old games new sony games so like instead of resitence and motorstorm, they need to include heavenly sword and Lair.

tobi heard anything like the 80 gb coming to Eu and of same price of the 60gb.

80GB wont be coming to EU, one could buy a 160GB HDD for about £50 n put in their PS3 instead or just plug an external HDD via usb.

stupid question - so if i buy the PS3 from the canadian site, how would i connect it to my tv?

The PS3 ain't on the site video games plus site.

Heavenly Sword demo coming soon

People at home really want to get hands on too. Well, let me just tell you all that the dev team has finished work on the demo.. that's it... it's in the bag... so now it's a case of Sony deciding when they feel is the best time to release it to PlayStation Network.

Last edited:
i'm not there yet, i'm still using a bog standard 28" widescreen.

Starter Pack for £399

common sense would have me getting it from there but i have a GAME card and £425 in points is too much to ignore.

i need a job asap!

Last edited:
when you trade in Genji thats an awesome deal, better than the starter pack.

has anyone ordered a PS3 off play.com, how long did it take?

PlayStation Premier: Loco Roco PS3 Official
First look at Buu Buu Cocoreccho! by LocoRoco

July 17, 2007 - A cameo appearance as part of Sony's Home announcement earlier this year was confirmation enough for many, but today Sony finally made it official: LocoRoco is coming to your living room. Tentatively titled Buu Buu Cocoreccho! by LocoRoco, this PS3 sequel is set to be made available as a PlayStation Network download.

We have just a few details at this point, and none of them shed any real light on what we can expect from the game. Sony describes the game as "It's LocoRoco, but it's not -- a peculiar extra chapter." That, and a sentence with three different uses of the world play: "Even if you don't play it [as in control the game], the world and the LocoRoco will play [as in both playing amongst themselves and as in playing back like a video] on their own."

Whatever all that means, the PS3 version of LocoRoco is said to feature 200 LocoRoco characters in a new world. You'll be able to use the SixAxis for motion-based controls.

While release information was not announced, the game is listed by Sony as being 95% complete, so we don't expect the wait to be too long. For now, get a sampler through the first screenshot in our media section below.

loco-roco-ps3-official-20070717040223251.jpg

New PS3 Exclusive Game - Valkyrie of the Battlefield

Sega has announced a new exclusive title at the PlayStation Premier event Premier event today in Tokyo with the announcement of an all new games from various companies for the Playstation 3. The game is currently been worked on by the creators of Ryu ga Gotoku (Yazuka) and staff from the Sakura Taisen who will be working together on a new game called called Valkyrie of the Battlefield.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-52490.aspx

does any one know how much approximately you would get in trade in vale if you trade in resistance , genji and motorstorm and controller or any for any particular one of these at game, cuz i got a game card and would like to save that cash to get , gta ,pes , heavenly sword and uncharted drakes fortune.

Back
Top Bottom