Sony PlayStation 3

Guys when is the SCEE announcement regarding the price drop of PS3 in Europe? Is it tomorrow?

Does the Killzone look better than Gears Of War?

I haven't seen videos of either, just asking! Because they do look good.

They look very similar, they are on par with each other. They both use different graphical techniques which make each have their own style. All I know is, anyone who claims any of them look bad need their head seeing to.

They look very similar, they are on par with each other. They both use different graphical techniques which make each have their own style. All I know is, anyone who claims any of them look bad need their head seeing to.

It looks impressive...unfortunately, I don't think the game will live up in other aspects unfortunately :(

Killzone was crap....really crap imo. I don't think fancy graphics will cover the cracks tbh....also, a huge part of it is got to do with the PS controller which I think is rubbish with FPS's (as the 360 controller is with PES).

The PS3 launched at $499 and $599. Its new price cut places the price points at $499 and $599. That is not a cut. Sure you get a little more for you money for your $499 this time around(wifi and 40GB more HDD) The $599 version doesnt even include the Emotion chip but it is still just a smoke and mirrors tactic to try and fool people and mislead. Its a nasty little trick that companies(not just Sony) pull all the time on consumers.

Actually, Sony is smart if it boosts sales for trying the technique. But if it backfires, then they could suffer a loss of more sales because of it. A lot of people dont trust Sony very well after all of the BS that has surrounded the PS3 for the past 2 years. This could be another botched plan by Sony to make good PR that actually makes the company look worse.

Last edited:
i am a proud new owner of a $499 PS3/60GB.
it was a price cut to me...i had it on 'layaway' when it was at $599!
i got an adjustment :p

and no tax. i got it at a local bx.

Last edited:
starter pack is a good deal but no price cut sucks, in america they get a 100$ price cut and 5 free blu rays movies, sony europe WTF?!

Also what about the issue of an 18 rated game being bundled. So the PS3 is now a 18 rated product effectivly if there is no base pack without the extras. Ok so as someone said what people under 18 have that kind of moeny, but what about paretns buying it for their kids?

they are 2 games that i want so it does add more value from my view but on a wider level why do they have to be difficult?

The Sony exec also hinted that the company would be revealing three new features and services for the PSP that would be exclusive for Europe at Leipzig, there would be "something really special" for the PS3, and more PSP colours.

movie downloads etc

Last edited:
Hmmmm, was wondering what the "huge" announcement would be. What a complete load of bollocks. Its hardly much of a cheaper option, both games will likely become "classic" titles sooner rather then later, and the controller is about to become obselete with the new rumble version being released. So in the end your left with 2 platinum games and an extra controller that youll likely have to replace anyway. It gives some more value, but not nearly enough.

And if you look at it from sony's point of view all they are adding is a couple of disc's (which dont cost much to manufacture) and they are clearing out old stock that they would otherwise have to get rid of anyway.

And its pretty much the same for the US price cut aswell, $100 extra for 20gb (which sony have introduced as its actually cheaper then a 60gb hdd) and motorstorm.

Makes me more pleased to have an 360 with 3 years warrenty :D

Hear hear. Agree with Adonis as well, I just cannot get over that. As if that's going to make any kind of difference. "You're getting £100s worth of accessories free!" Great, but what if you don't want them? What if you think it's vastly unfair that you can buy the same thing that you DO want in the Americas for half the price?

Seriously, I used to love PlayStation, but that is infuriating.

Sounds like Sony Propaganda to me. Why would codies make it better for the PS3?

why Propaganda ?? :shock:
PS3 is a better machine and you know that, just like Burnout Paradise, better on PS3 or UT3, and more more in the futur...

TG PS3 isnt a better machine... explain why it has mass slowdown with Motorstorm? explain why Pirates of the Carribean runs SHIT on the PS3 but nice and smooth on the 360? PS3 is NOT a better machine. They are a dead heat with the exception of Blu Ray.. Get over yourself TG.

TG PS3 isnt a better machine... explain why it has mass slowdown with Motorstorm? explain why Pirates of the Carribean runs SHIT on the PS3 but nice and smooth on the 360? PS3 is NOT a better machine. They are a dead heat with the exception of Blu Ray.. Get over yourself TG.
PS3 is a better machine than the 360, just need take time for make optimized games.

Why? the 360 is on a par with the PS3! even developers have said that. There are some developers however who are up Sony's arse! so of course they will say "PS3 is better!". Anyone who knows anything about machines will tell you they are very comparable! the only big difference is Blu Ray vs DVD9....

You guys are 1 Dimensional and dont look beyond your favourite console.

I've already said that sometimes i think i should not have bought a PS3 so i'm definitely not prejudiced, but i have Motorstorm and haven't seen any slowdown, let alone "massive"

PS: Thomas: you are seriously biased....

People that own a PS3 are gonna be biased towards that console.
People that own a 360 are gonna be biased towards that console.

Back
Top Bottom