Sony PlayStation 3

That just means sales went from 1 console being sold to 28.

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

:applause:
Who knows what it is actually!

I await UK price cut!

this screen is 100% ingame according to Seb Downie, and he's part of the Killzone dev team.

He announced it on the Playstation forums:

"Yup guys, it is real. It is a little bit early, but it is 100% in-game."

And with early he meant: early in the day, not an early build or w/e. Thus meaning there will be more footage of the game for the upcoming days.

i've just realized that the Killzone event is straight after the the MS press conference, the countdown begins...

Graphics look pretty detailed and good. Shame I thought Killzone 1 was fuckin awful!

That Killzone shot is VERY underwhelming. The texture resolution is woeful. I want this to blow me away, that screen has done nothing close to that. Hopefully we will see more tonight/tomorrow.

That Killzone shot is VERY underwhelming. The texture resolution is woeful. I want this to blow me away, that screen has done nothing close to that.
Agreed. I love the way the dev-team guy says this:

Yup guys, it is real. It is a little bit early, but it is 100% in-game.
NO!! You don't say?! At least the cut-scenes won't look shit then! :lol:

Agreed. I love the way the dev-team guy says this:

NO!! You don't say?! At least the cut-scenes won't look shit then! :lol:
I saw a smaller version of this same shot and it looked ok. Perhaps this one has been stretched and thats why it looks shit and rough round the edges? Pics do lose Definition when stretched from their original size.

That's the original size, DJ. You can tell by looking at where he's holding the gun. The edges aren't as blocky as the textures, or that horrible Tetris-style shadow on the wall. And IGN wouldn't do that anyway, they'd get an absolute bollocking off Sony. Although if I worked for IGN I would be giving them a bollocking after seeing that. :D

Ok my bad if its the original resolution then that pic TG has posted looks shit. It looks like something a low end PC could produce.

I get the impression you just love PS3 tobi :) I think JB and LJ are right, it looks crap and its the correct size.

the original place were it was 1st posted showed a much smaller pic, and why does it look crap?

Confirmed 17% PAL PS3 Price Cut, someone do the math.

Last edited:
the original place were it was 1st posted showed a much smaller pic, and why does it look crap?

£350-ish!

Get in.

Also i will wait unitl i see Killzone in action before making judgement. Looks good so for imo

Just imported a copy of "The Bigs" (baseball) and must say it's a great game. Although having to get games ... properly ... now, it's probably worth it when I can play US sports games on my PAL machine without having to check region compatibility.

Where was that confirmed mate?

Not bad price that, £72.25 off is amazing. So thats £352.75. Im sure it will be £349.99. Anyone else impressed with that? Im sure when Xbox 360 Elite hits Europe this September the comparisons will be very close.

With the prices getting that cheap, MS will probably be wondering why they didnt include a HDDVD drive in the console.
Eventually, both consoles are gonna have a similar pricetag but with the PS3 being a much better media device.

Where was that confirmed mate?

Not bad price that, £72.25 off is amazing. So thats £352.75. Im sure it will be £349.99. Anyone else impressed with that? Im sure when Xbox 360 Elite hits Europe this September the comparisons will be very close.

http://www.smarthousenews.com.au/Gam...nsole/D3L4X5G4

Sony did say they'd be making an announcement specifically aimed at Europe on Thursday (July 12)

PAL 599 Euro Bundle: PS3 Console, 2 Sixaxis, Motorstorm and Resistance

excellent bundle, now show me the singstar bundle.

that pic is blown up.

anyone knows, like in photoshop or any other art program,
an image gets 'blocky' when zoomed in.
but it gets 'blurred' when you actually increase it's dimensions.

so yeah, it could be.

Last edited:
I for one am underwhelmed by what I have seen of Killzone 2. Doesnt look all that special to me and as someone mentioned before Killzone 1 was fucking crap.

go to the E3 thread n read the preview.

Back
Top Bottom