Sony PlayStation 3

Partial list, massive E3 2007 lineup
Posted Jul 5th 2007 3:15PM by Ross Miller
Filed under: Nintendo DS, PC, Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PlayStation 3, Portable, Sony PSP, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox 360, Business, Mobile

In light of next week's E3 summit, EuroGamer has compiled a list of games that will be at the show. Though already a pretty massive list, you'll notice more than a few "to be announced" spots. We've gone ahead and added a few publicly-confirmed titles we know to be missing from the list, but consider this a primer for what lies ahead in the very near future.

Joystiq will be on-hand at this year's E3, giving up sleep for the chance to play every single piece of software with (or without) a title screen. Lineup listed after the break.

[Via X3F]

Activision

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Guitar Hero III
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Bethesda Softworks

To be announced (Fallout 3, perhaps?)

Capcom

Devil May Cry 4
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Talisman
Codemasters

Cliver Barker's Jericho
HEI$T
Rise of the Argonauts
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Eidos

Age of Conan
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Electronic Arts

Army of Two
Burnout Paradise
FIFA 08
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Madden NFL 08
Medal of Honor Airborne
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
NASCAR 08
Need For Speed: ProStreet
Rock Band
The Simpsons
Skate
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

Gamecock (as EIEIO)

Dungeon Hero
Hail to the Chimp
Fury
Insecticide
Dementium
Mushroom Men

Unannounced title
Unannounced title

Konami

To be announced

LucasArts

To be announced
Majesco

Kengo: Legend of the 9
Microsoft

Blue Dragon
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Project Gotham Racing 4

Midway

Blacksite
John Woo's Stranglehold
Unreal Tournament III

Namco Bandai

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Nintendo

Not Super Smash Bros.

Rockstar Games

To be announced
SEGA

Condemned 2
The Club
Iron Man
SEGA Rally
Universe At War: Earth Assault

Sierra

Crash of the Titans
TimeShift
Unannounced title

Square Enix

To be confirmed
Take-Two

BioShock
NBA 2K8
NHL 2K8
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
THQ

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008
Further titles to be confirmed.
Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed
Further titles to be confirmed.

Warner Bros. Interactive

F.E.A.R. sequel

some new game info later today.

http://blogs.ign.com/Makaze-IGN/

Oh, and something to watch for on our Xbox 360 channel -- a certain company is going to announce a special feature for a cross-platform game that will piss off PS3 fans worldwide. I predict a forum buzz centered on this one.

i wonder what game that is, what major PS3, 360 n PC games are there?

embraceuk1 i wanna put that list in the E3 thread.

Last edited:
some new game info later today.

http://blogs.ign.com/Makaze-IGN/

Oh, and something to watch for on our Xbox 360 channel -- a certain company is going to announce a special feature for a cross-platform game that will piss off PS3 fans worldwide. I predict a forum buzz centered on this one.

i wonder what game that is, what major PS3, 360 n PC games are there?

embraceuk1 i wanna put that list in the E3 thread.

Virtua Fighter 5 online play for the 360! That is my bet.

but that isn't on the PC...

the guy says a cross platform game that will **** off PS3 owners so doesn't that mean 360 n PC...

Last edited:
sega originally said that it won't be online cause the net ain't fast enough, so has the net got faster since march?

Medal of Honor: Airborne PS3 delayed until November

Though originally though to be released August 28 across all three platforms -- Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 -- Medal of Honor: Airborne won't be landing on Sony's console until months later.

Gamestop noticed a brief addendum on the bottom of yesterday's press release announcing Michael Giacchino as the game's composer that stated the PS3 version would arrive in November. A previous trailer for the game, embedded after the break, gave the release date August 28 and implied that it was identical across all three platforms.

No reason was cited for the delay. The game appears to still be on track for an August 28 release in North America (August 24 in Europe) for Xbox 360 and PC owners.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/18840.html

Last edited:
Not that biggie surely, VF5 never sells as much as it should.

I heard on 1up that Sega might do a downloadable patch to do the same on PS3.

Target store sells PS3 at $499

We've spent the last hour on the phone calling up random Target stores around the continental United States to nail this story down. What we can say at this point is that certain Target stores do currently have the $499 price on the PS3 (Item# 207230001). Beyond confirmation at these stores, in one case we even have a copy of a person's receipt, dated today, for a PS3 at $499.99. We've even asked while going through the price check process if there is a pattern to the Target computers and why we would be getting different prices at different stores -- there was no adequate answer.

At this point we don't know if this indicates that the price drop may begin this week, or if somebody flipped a switch at the wrong time. We've received reports that certain Circuit City stores have also started selling the PS3 at the $499 price, before their alleged sale next week, but we currently can't confirm that. Even if Sony doesn't announce a PS3 price drop at next week's press conference, it looks like the retailers are moving ahead with one anyway.

Sony 'bringing home' E3 too, on PSN

Much like what Microsoft has been doing with the Bringing It Home campaign since last E3 (and again with this one), Sony has unveiled its initiative to provide coverage of next week's E3 summit to PlayStation 3 owners via the PlayStation Network.

The July 11 press conference will be available for download as well as unspecified "trailers, videos, and other editorial content," according to a GamesIndustry.biz report. Additionally, the official PlayStation blog will reportedly be updated alongside the show.

EA Explains Medal of Honor Airborne PS3 Delay

He said that the PS3 version is “looking good,” but added, “We want to release on PS3 when we can deliver a much more polished and complete experience.” Gilmore wants to make sure that Sixaxis functionality with the PS3 version is up to par, and said he doesn’t want to “shortchange” PS3 owners.

“I think it’s a great machine. We haven’t had as long [on the PS3], but the Cell processor is very, very powerful, and the challenge for any developer is figuring out how to leverage all that extra power… We’re a platform-agnostic company, so the challenge for Medal of Honor Airborne is always fully leveraging the platform, and not doing what some of our competitors do, which is cater to the lowest common denominator.”

Gilmore said that the main differentiating factor for the PS3 version of the game will be the use of the Sixaxis controller. He told Next-Gen that players will be able to use the tilt-sensing capabilities to maneuver the parachute as the protagonist descends upon enemies.

He said that the Sixaxis will also be used “to leverage the control system for moving while in iron sight and creating a little different combat experience for peeking and engaging an opponent.”

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6285&Itemid=2

sounds like its being built from the ground up so a little wait isn't the worst thing in the world, hopes its 60fps.

i watched the heavenly sword special on gamer tv this morning and it was very good.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find that their PS3 overheats to the point that it's hotter than an Arab's jockstrap?

I can't help but feel that the heat generated by simultaneously turning on a few million PS3s worldwide would be a major contributor to global warming.

Adonis, have you heard about anything about a price drop?

Should get announced this week. Sony say no but you know its gonna happen as long with PSP2

Heres hoing for £349.99 PS3.

Doubt it tho.

there knocking $100 bucks of the US PS3 so does that translate to £325 here if so then for what you're getting its definitely worth it with the games to come later this year.

there knocking $100 bucks of the US PS3 so does that translate to £325 here if so then for what you're getting its definitely worth it with the games to come later this year.

Nah i think at best £349.99 at worse £374.99

Getting better tho

Adonis, have you heard about anything about a price drop?

Like everyones mentioned its been pretty much confirmed for the US. Theres no news on worldwide drop yet, but I really hope they do that.

Like I mentioed theres a SingStar bundle coming next month, definately expect that to be cheaper.

Report: Sony cuts PS3 price by $100, $599 80GB model hitting North America in August

According to a syndicated Associated Press report, Sony has confirmed that the 60GB model of the PlayStation 3 will receive a $100 cut in price, effective as of Monday. Bizarrely, Sony is unwilling to leave a $499 model to fend for itself in the retail world and will be introducing another PS3 SKU at the universally loved $599 price point -- one bolstered by an 80GB hard drive and a copy of gratuitously grimy racer, MotorStorm. The more expensive model is due for release in North America this August.

Shops all over the states are already selling at $499

Report: Sony cuts PS3 price by $100, $599 80GB model hitting North America in August

According to a syndicated Associated Press report, Sony has confirmed that the 60GB model of the PlayStation 3 will receive a $100 cut in price, effective as of Monday. Bizarrely, Sony is unwilling to leave a $499 model to fend for itself in the retail world and will be introducing another PS3 SKU at the universally loved $599 price point -- one bolstered by an 80GB hard drive and a copy of gratuitously grimy racer, MotorStorm. The more expensive model is due for release in North America this August.

Shops all over the states are already selling at $499

$599 dont sound great but you may get a rumbe Sixaxis with it.

so how many £££ is it?

However, SCEE did confirm via email that it would be making an announcement at E3 this Thursday relating specifically to the European market, but stated that it was "not directly related to the SCEA announcements today"

SPOnG asked Sony when we can expect a similar move in the UK and was told by a representative, “I can't comment on that, but we're going to make an announcement on Thursday morning.”

i wonder what that is, price cut in september for europe?

recently someone on a Kojima productions podcast said that they were working on new english trailers for the sony and konami E3 press conferences but will there be a demo soon and does it mean the game will be out this year?

The Kojima Productions celebrates the 20. Birthday of the Metal Gear solvent row and organizes a party on 24 July. With the exclusive meeting in Japan also a demo of “MGS4 becomes: Guns OF the Patriots” pointed to PlayStation3. Whether the demo also on PlayStation network is not published is well-known yet. We want to hope it!

http://translate.google.com/transla...ex.php?news=1059&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Last edited:
so how many £££ is it?

However, SCEE did confirm via email that it would be making an announcement at E3 this Thursday relating specifically to the European market, but stated that it was "not directly related to the SCEA announcements today"

SPOnG asked Sony when we can expect a similar move in the UK and was told by a representative, “I can't comment on that, but we're going to make an announcement on Thursday morning.”

i wonder what that is, price cut in september for europe?

recently someone on a Kojima productions podcast said that they were working on new english trailers for the sony and konami E3 press conferences but will there be a demo soon and does it mean the game will be out this year?

The Kojima Productions celebrates the 20. Birthday of the Metal Gear solvent row and organizes a party on 24 July. With the exclusive meeting in Japan also a demo of “MGS4 becomes: Guns OF the Patriots” pointed to PlayStation3. Whether the demo also on PlayStation network is not published is well-known yet. We want to hope it!

http://translate.google.com/transla...ex.php?news=1059&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8
They wouldn't announce a price cut in Sept now- Any cut will have immediate effect. After all, who would buy one on the lead up to a price cut. Common tactic is to keep it as quiet as possible and then announce with immediate effect.

I've heard that it may not be a price cut but a more generous bundle doe the same price. I really hope not as I don't think this will be enought to improve sales. I agree with the post earlier saying that £350 is the best we can hope for.

tobi said:

eurogamer/net said:
Sony has told GamesIndustry.biz that a major announcement regarding the price of the European PS3 will be made on Thursday at its E3 conference.

Although unwilling to be drawn on specifics, a spokesperson did confirm that the announcement will be related to the price cut of the PS3 in North America, and the introduction of a new 80GB model.

Im starting to think they have the iraki pr minister in charge........

Bigger size

ps3ratchetetclankfutureny6.jpg

They wouldn't announce a price cut in Sept now- Any cut will have immediate effect. After all, who would buy one on the lead up to a price cut. Common tactic is to keep it as quiet as possible and then announce with immediate effect.

I've heard that it may not be a price cut but a more generous bundle doe the same price. I really hope not as I don't think this will be enought to improve sales. I agree with the post earlier saying that £350 is the best we can hope for.

It will be £350 or £375.

Can see the 360 getting reduced also tbh but at least its a start.

I WANT A RUMBLE SIXAXIS

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/07/09...e-in-new-sixaxis-controller-will-ru/#comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom