Sony PlayStation 3

Well in the States the machine is 600 dollars, which equates to about 315-320 quid here, but I doubt Sony would price drop by 125 quid....

There were similarities.. it wasnt a blatant copy like this is!

Also reminds me of SixAxis too.... another Wii Rip Off attempt which has failed miserably! Face it TG so far the PS3's return for our hard earned cash has been shite.
umm dude, MS completley and utterly ripped of the MAC OS, way more blatantly then sony off of nintendo.. it all depends on how you look at the ps3, i think i got ripped off the 360, i dont play it anymore and most of the games arent anything new. Its basically teh same shit we have been seeing on pc's for 5 years... At least with the ps3 you guys have a blue ray player!

Is that the first game done with HD graphics or is it an amalagamation of all the previous games? Or is Sony going the DIGI distribution route to thus remove 2nd hand game sales?

Yeh just the first game done in HD Graphics. Im still excited about that, I seriously love Wipeout.

Regarding the price, I got an email from head office saying there is going to be a special Singstar PS3 package released late August. Its going to be cheaper than normal, so expect a price drop soon after.

Best thing to do is keep a close eye on E3.

rocky, I am going to say something which may well shock some people... Hang in there with the PS3. It will still be the best platform to play PES and FIFA on as the control pad is much more Footie Friendly than the 360 pad is.

P.S. if you get another 360 and go online add me :) DocEvangelist

oh I'll stick with the PS3 no worries ;) - but I'll def invest into a 360. Although I don't agree with multiple consoles, I think this generation warrants it completely. I love the 360, but I had enough of FPS and can't play PES on it. The PS3 has to stay for certain games coming out in the future and blu-ray :)

i just found this, its from a belgian site - €619.99, how many £££s is that?

By ibot19 at 2007-06-26

Yeh just the first game done in HD Graphics. Im still excited about that, I seriously love Wipeout.

Regarding the price, I got an email from head office saying there is going to be a special Singstar PS3 package released late August. Its going to be cheaper than normal, so expect a price drop soon after.

Best thing to do is keep a close eye on E3.

I think WipeOut 2097 would be much preferred, it certainly tightened up alot
of control issues, but its still cool tho

Ive still got Wipeout 2097! I play it sometimes on the ePSXe emulator on the PC :) its good fun.

Firmware 1.82 Coming Soon…

Hey everyone, you told us you wanted to hear about updates a few days in advance, so here’s a quick heads up that we have a PS3 firmware update in the works. Scheduled for release in the next few days, firmware 1.82 is an update that enables the playback of AVC High Profile (H.264/MPEG-4) files. As most of you know, these are high quality files that you’ll now be able to play on your PS3. Hopefully this update is moving us closer to the audio playback features many of you commented about in my post the other week. We’re continuing to evaluate and improve things across the board, including PS2 software compatibility. I’ll chime in here quickly with an update once the firmware is live and ready. Thanks for all of your support and feedback, keep it coming!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Goddamn it sony! how about giving us XMB access in game? so we can see what our friends are up to online and also play our own soundtracks! Whats the point of being able to copy/Rip MP3's if you cant use them in games?

Goddamn it sony! how about giving us XMB access in game? so we can see what our friends are up to online and also play our own soundtracks! Whats the point of being able to copy/Rip MP3's if you cant use them in games?
wait 1.90 or 2.00 for big changes

TG I dont reckon they will do it for ages. Also how about our own wallpapers? and I dont mean a temporary fix like one which was mentioned before!

With a memory card converter and a PS2 memory card with a PES3 option file on it.

Perhaps not with PES3 being such an old game. You could always ask someone who has a PS2 & PS3 + Memory Card Adapter and a Max Drive or Xport V2 who could download one of the good old option files for you and put it onto a PS2 memory card and transfer it to a PS3 save.

Rumour..

Square Enix expressed that they do not plan to develop any more new titles for PlayStation 3 until the console install base rises to a profit making level.

they said no PS3 games from them until april next year.

when is this price drop going to come in to effect? Im asking cause im going to invest in one in the next few weeks,

Unless a price drop is imminent

Back
Top Bottom