Sony PlayStation 3

I have just added to their figures in way, I was given a Ps3 Freebie, but I don't have any games and apart from Pro Evo, We and Fifa, I have yet to see anything that makes me think I have to have it! I play nothing else but PES on my PS2 now!
I know Dirt and Forza are looking good but is there any must have games out now!
Really want a good two player split screen racer and a decent FPS? Oh.. another controller too why the hell sell them with just one??

I'm not being a fanboy with this post but as far as im concerned the 360 is based around one game and one game only and everyone knows what game im on about, yes gears of war was a huge success but you cant put all your eggs in one basket. Thats the difference with Sony and MS.

When it comes to first party game Sony have established and successful franchises that are coming to the PS3 or will eventually. MS have Mass Effect and Bioshock and that other game as their BIG 1st party games this year but that isn't enough. Those games will sell millions of copies but will they sell millions of systems, sounds like a stupid question doesnt it.

Sony still own Europe (MS still haven't sold 1 million units in the UK), MS currently own the US and they also dont exist in Japan. In january next year, when people look at the numbers im very confident that the PS3 will be on top.

tobi have you got shares in Sony... oh and give my best to Halle ;)

Is there a good steering wheel out yet for the PS3? and am I the only one who hates damn Pokemon!!

Not at all I don't get it, the catching of little strange creatures is a mystery to me.

Though I guess its each to their own when it comes to games.

I'm not being a fanboy with this post but as far as im concerned the 360 is based around one game and one game only and everyone knows what game im on about, yes gears of war was a huge success but you cant put all your eggs in one basket. Thats the difference with Sony and MS.

When it comes to first party game Sony have established and successful franchises that are coming to the PS3 or will eventually. MS have Mass Effect and Bioshock and that other game as their BIG 1st party games this year but that isn't enough. Those games will sell millions of copies but will they sell millions of systems, sounds like a stupid question doesnt it.

Sony still own Europe (MS still haven't sold 1 million units in the UK), MS currently own the US and they also dont exist in Japan. In january next year, when people look at the numbers im very confident that the PS3 will be on top.

Stupidist post in a long time.

Motorstorm - Had this game for a while & have to say that it really does look amazing. At times, when you see the vehicles crash and flip in the air ahead of you, your natural instinct is to duck out of the way! The graphics are really amazing on a good HDTV and the surround sound is also excellent. This is the perfect game if you don't have too much time to play games but need a quick adrenaline filled fix!

wait till you get to the later tickets! Things like your a Big Rig and a motorcycle can knock you out of the way.. WTF? in real life a motorcycle would get blitzed if it rammed a Big Rig....

Also you all drive buggies... yet the CPU's buggies seem to be able to accellerate 10x faster than you and are also 10x stronger than you and can ram you off the track! This game is good to start with but then gets stupidly and bullshitly difficult!

just saw that ubisoft list and it seems very strange, it would make sense if it was held back on the 360.

Microsoft have bought the rights for exclusive download content for GTA4 costing 50 Million.
No episodes or extra content on the PS3 ouch.
http://www.texyt.com/Microsoft+pays+$50m+for+GTA+4+episodes+00111

Also featured on the tv tonight and will be discussed in full tommorow on tv. Attack of the Show, G4

Last edited:
I think this pack can help to start really the PS3 Japan

lkips3biginner01jy9.jpg

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0706/20/news072.html

Last edited:
I think releasing more proper good games would sell the PS3... also making that stupid Six Axis Gimmick work properley in a game would be nice... For JayM it appears to be a PS3 Pack with Everybodys Golf.

doesn't that game have over 300,000 pre orders in japan?

They love it! its meant to be a really good title. Personally I always loved Links and its a shame they stopped making that as it was the most realistic Golf Game ive ever played.

Im sure all these so called exclusives will end up on the 360 and PC anyway.

PS3 firmware will improve, say tech bosses

PS3 software engineers, SCE chief technology officer Kawanishi and AV manager Kanehide, have been discussing the future of firmware updates. The duo feel there's still room to upscale visual and audio quality by 30 to 40 percent and can forsee a fanless PS3.

Kawanishi and Kanehide stated in an AV Watch interview that future firmware updates will allow for greater audio and visual upscaling without increasing fan noise. They also hinted that a fanless PS3 may be available at a later date.

"We have gotten feedback from them (critics) regarding several failure patters for upconverting, but we are getting closer to the goal. I think we can improve another 30 to 40%," said Kawanishi.

Advertisement:
"So far, we are not worried too much since we have plenty of processing power left even at peak usage," added Kanehide.

"Nothing yet comes close to the load that Folding@Home applies. And I can see the possibility of a fan-less PS3 in the future, just like there was for the PS2," Kawanishi went on.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166301

Back
Top Bottom