Sony PlayStation 3

Is it just me or did that suck big time, It looked awful?

I got a PS3 given through work and I've been into Game etc., always makes me laugh that there are about two rows of games, then you realize some are blu-ray movies... There are hardly any games for this thing and I've still to see one worth my money!
Ps3 still to come out of the box!!

Last edited:
PSM France reveals PS3 rumble controller details?

Listed in: Controller, Rumors
Tags: Sony, PS2 According to Gamers Creed, PlayStation Magazine France has reportedly released new details regarding a new PS3 controller in the works. None of this has apparently been confirmed by Sony, but since it does happen to be on a PlayStation related magazine, we're posting the details here for you to think about.

Below are the details mentioned in Gamers Creed's report:

Technical details:

The gyroscopic functions can cohabit with the vibrations. The explanation? The speed to which a player can move the lever is quite lower at the speed of the vibrations.
The engine of vibration could be inclu in the lever without having to modify the form of it. There is enough place for the new engine, and this one, concus by Immersion, are lighter for an obstruction equivalent.
One indeed has to expect a reduction in the autonomy of Sixaxis. Nevertheless, the new engine of vibration does not consume more than the old models (Dualshock) in spite of the fact that it is more powerful.
The new engine is less expensive to build, and a possible rise in price of the pad should be only very light.
With an update of the firmware, we will be able to have the vibrations for plays PS2
Details on the "Touchsense" :

New technology, named "Touchsense" is a mini-revolution. Indeed, from now on, the vibrations will not emanate solely any more from the handles of the pad (as on Dualshock) but will be perceptible in various places of the lever. It as should be specified as they will be more powerful, more intense and over short periods if the programmers wish it. Thus, the developers will be able to create a multitude of still new effects. If Sony chooses this technology, it will thus not act of a simple return of the vibrations, but well of a very new technology.

The report also mentions that the new vibration system will allow for replication of new events, such as the jolting forces of a shot, as well as small shocks normally attributed to riding a car on dirt, for example.

Hopefully, some, if not all of the information they've put in will end up being true. It's nice to hope at least. We'll search for more info on these updates and give them to you as soon as we get them. Till then, sit tight.

http://ps3.qj.net/PSM-France-reveals-PS3-rumble-controller-details-/pg/49/aid/96289

Is it just me or did that suck big time, It looked awful?

I got a PS3 given through work and I've been into Game etc., always makes me laugh that there are about two rows of games, then you realize some are blu-ray movies... There are hardly any games for this thing and I've still to see one worth my money!
Ps3 still to come out of the box!!

It used to be the same for the Xbox 360 and most of the games out now are still crap but there are a lot around the corner.

Unfortunately for Sony is time is against them.

It also sucks for ppl who bought the system at full price to get nothing for their money especially as they are now going to drop the price when more games are released

360 did have more of a choice of good games if I remember. There wasnt just 2 or 3 good games on the shelf there was more like 5 or 6.

The PS3 is consistently outselling the Wii and the Xbox 360... in the land of Kangaroos.

Yes, in the land of dingos and boomerangs, they love the PlayStation 3. The console, which is being marketed as a Blu-Ray player in Australian electronics stores down under is selling units faster than its rivals and has sold 50,000 units since March.

In terms of units in the outback, the Wii and 360 have still sold more total, but the PS3 is selling at a faster rate. Sony hopes that the PS3 will beat the Wii's time to the 100,000 unit mark.

Even though it is being marketed as a Blu-Ray player to most Aussies and costs just as much, the PS3 is still not an iPhone and probably won't mean anything after 6pm today when the iPhone launches.To be fair, the Wii and Xbox 360 are not iPhones either.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/29/ps3-outsells-wii-and-xbox-360-in-australia/

It used to be the same for the Xbox 360 and most of the games out now are still crap but there are a lot around the corner.

Unfortunately for Sony is time is against them.

It also sucks for ppl who bought the system at full price to get nothing for their money especially as they are now going to drop the price when more games are released

Yeh spot on.

The thing is when you compare the PS3 launch titles to the 360 ones Sony wins easily. The problem is though people cant compare it that way. They compared the PS3 launch titles with the current 360 ones. If you do it that way Microsoft win by some distance.

Like you said its about time, something Sony dont really have. Personally I wont be concerned if they drop the price soon, even after paying so much. In fact, I hope they drop it soon so loads of people start to buy it. Imo its a fantastic package, only let down by a stupid price point. Unfortunatly if the price does come down, I can only see it drop to around £399. No point really.

has anyone played Super Stardust HD??
it is amazing. its got great music, amazing graphics and music thats not too bad. imo completely worth the price.

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed Until At Least Spring 2008

According to the latest Car and Driver Magazine (excerpts from Gamers Creed), series God Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the soonest the next Gran Turismo title would be released would be in Spring 2008, and that Sony would push the date back to give the developer more time. While already stated how difficult it is to create the high resolution vehicles needed for GT5, each car takes 180 days to complete versus 1 day for Gran Turismo 1.

Finally, while Yamauchi promised at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show that the vehicles would for the first time have damage modeling, he has now admitted that he doesn't believe that they would have vehicle damage when the game released due to the fact that car manufacturers don't want their cars damaged. This statement is obviously misleading considering releases in the past few years (Forza, DiRT, Project Gotham) with games with real cars have full damage models. However, Yamauchi wouldn't rule out the fact that they may allow for it in some sort of downloadable content.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200707/N07.0702.1113.29722.htm

Yep ive seen it at that price in a few high street game shops. Our local Pink Planet Entertainment Store does it for £399 plus a game.

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed Until At Least Spring 2008

According to the latest Car and Driver Magazine (excerpts from Gamers Creed), series God Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the soonest the next Gran Turismo title would be released would be in Spring 2008, and that Sony would push the date back to give the developer more time. While already stated how difficult it is to create the high resolution vehicles needed for GT5, each car takes 180 days to complete versus 1 day for Gran Turismo 1.

Finally, while Yamauchi promised at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show that the vehicles would for the first time have damage modeling, he has now admitted that he doesn't believe that they would have vehicle damage when the game released due to the fact that car manufacturers don't want their cars damaged. This statement is obviously misleading considering releases in the past few years (Forza, DiRT, Project Gotham) with games with real cars have full damage models. However, Yamauchi wouldn't rule out the fact that they may allow for it in some sort of downloadable content.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200707/N07.0702.1113.29722.htm
Sounds as if GT5 will be same old GT. No damage? didnt think so. Manufacturers dont want their cars damaged? So I suppose Turn 10 and Codies will receive lawsuits for showing cars being written off.... :) You gotta love Polyphony Digital and their bullshit!

I don't see the point of a price drop when there are no new games that warrant the purchase of the machine. I know the games are coming, but I would still wait for a bundle rather than pick up a machine with next to no good games, just with a slightly lower price.

Hear hear.

I've known two people buy the PS3 and sell it within a month because they finished Resistance and then it sat in the corner doing nothing. This time next year I'm sure it will be a great machine but currently, I wouldn't buy one even if they were reduced to £300. What's the point when it will be reduced again by the time a game comes out that you actually want?

about the lack of quality titles so far in the ps3 all i can say is thatsince MLB the show 07 came out for ps3 i havent touched my 360.
so i think it all comes down to what youre looking for...like if youre a baseball fan like me..ps3 is the way to go..as you have mlb 2k7, mlb the show and also konamis PYS4...while you will be stuck with mlb2k7 in the 360(that if you have an american or asian 360, casue theres just none baseball games for european 360).

Rumor: Rumbling Sixaxis to gain touch sensitivity as well

First PSM reported that the Sixaxis would be recreated with rumble this year, and now their French colleaugues at PSM France report (by way of Maxconsole) that the pad will not only rumble but will feature touch sensitivity as well. The "Touchsense" functionality will enable a more nuanced rumble that's not only felt through the Sixaxis' handles but through the "levers" as well (analog sticks?).

Sounds great, but what's all this fancy new rumble going to cost us? Despite being more powerful, this rumor claims that the "engine" is cheaper to build than previous rumble mechanisms and should therefore add little to the cost of the controller, welcome news for owners of the rumble-free Sixaxis. And great news for your PS2 titles: the mag also claims that a new PS3 firmware update should enable rumble for your backcompat titles. If the rumors about a new Sixaxis are true, we hope to hear more at E3 next week.

2007 is the year for the PS3 christmas 2007 the best games which are exclusive and not exclusive are more for the ps3 and i mean good titles for many genres for a more diverse gaming audience, x360 only wins 2007 in one genre that is first person shooter which i think it has some great titles coming out but like to play games of many genres. i.e.
1)Grand Theft Auto IV
2)Pro Evolution Soccer 7
3)Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
4)uncharted - drakes fortune
5)Heavenly Sword
6)Killzone
7)The Getaway
8)Assassin's Creed
9)Tekken 6
10)john Woo Presents: Stranglehold
11)WWE: Smackdown VS Raw 2008
12)Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
13)Burnout 5: Paradise
14)Devil May Cry 4
15)ninja gaiden sigma
16)lair
17)ratchet and clank
18)hot shots golf 5
19)Haze
20)Warhawk

AND 11 OF THOSE GAMES ARE EXCLUSIVE SO IF 20 GAMES FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS IS NOT ENOUGH GOOD GAMES WHOCH WILL PROBALBY BE ATLEAST 8/10 score, THEN YOU WILL NEVER BE PLEASED.

Last edited:
2007 is the year for the PS3 christmas 2007 the best games which are exclusive and not exclusive are more for the ps3 and i mean good titles for many genres for a more diverse gaming audience, x360 only wins 2007 in one genre that is first person shooter which i think it has some great titles coming out but like to play games of many genres. i.e.
1)Grand Theft Auto IV
2)Pro Evolution Soccer 7
5)Heavenly Sword
6)Killzone
7)The Getaway
8)Assassin's Creed
9)Tekken 6
14)Devil May Cry 4
15)ninja gaiden sigma
16)lair
17)ratchet and clank
18)hot shots golf 5
19)Haze
20)Warhawk

AND 11 OF THOSE GAMES ARE EXCLUSIVE SO IF 20 GAMES FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS IS NOT ENOUGH GOOD GAMES WHOCH WILL PROBALBY BE ATLEAST 8/10 score, THEN YOU WILL NEVER BE PLEASED.

Nice post. Gives me some hope for actually using my PS3 for something other than playing PES6 PS2 and blu ray at the moment.
Are all of those confirmed for release b4 Xmas? If so that is looking very vrey good :D

all of them will be relesed before december so , a whole month before the end of the year . all these games to play in the christmas holidays and screw up my january exams . if your a student like me tht is .lol.

This weekend an exclusive edition of Gamer TV dedicated to the forthcoming PlayStation 3 AAA title Heavenly Sword airs on UK satellite and cable channel Bravo.

The programme airs:

Saturday 7th July 10.00 am Bravo 2

Sunday 8th July 11.30 am Bravo

Monday 9th July 5.30 pm Bravo

channel 121 on Sky

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26399

1)Grand Theft Auto IV
2)Pro Evolution Soccer 7
5)Heavenly Sword
6)Killzone
7)The Getaway
8)Assassin's Creed
9)Tekken 6
14)Devil May Cry 4
15)ninja gaiden sigma
16)lair
17)ratchet and clank
18)hot shots golf 5
19)Haze
20)Warhawk

MGS4 coming out this year???
I thought it got delayed.

Find on jeuxvideo.com forum

The newest issue of OXM has a short video documentary on it´s demo disc. While it´s only a few minutes in length I think it possibly the most detailed look at UT3 to date. Within the video there are many maps shown. As far as one can tell, it showed mostly all CTF and DM maps. Some maps are shown with vehicles, but I saw no nodes to distinguish them as Warfare maps. One particular interesting map shown looks like the new Deck DM map. While I can´t confirm it as Deck, it had the signature pool of toxic sludge at the bottom of the map. The other maps shown had a wide variety of different themes and they all looked fantastic.

Aside from the gameplay shown in the video, it offered a few details about the game. It was said that the original idea was to make gigantic maps utilizing UE3´s streaming technology for up to 64 players at once. They decided that it didn´t feel like a UT game and went back to improving the original formula. Each map starts out as a basic BSP layout and is play tested until they think it is fun and then it is handed over to have static meshes and the rest of the artistic assets created. There will be 3 to 4 dozen multiplayer maps in the retail version of the game. The single player portion will have even more maps than multiplayer. [Blu-ray is needed]

Personal observation showed that lighting shouldn´t be an issue any longer in UT. Players do indeed have lights attached to them and are easily seen in shadows. There was a point in the video where I couldn´t make out a close up character´s face or much of anything because he was in a large object´s shadow, but I could easily see that he was running in a certain direction and what weapon he had thanks to the lighting on his armor and his weapon. One thing to note, and this could possibly be a bug or something else happened out of view, but the player killed an enemy with a shock combo and something really noticeable happened. The combo exploded and killed the enemy and as the explosion shrank down to nothing it seemed to set off some sort of invisible shockwave that sent the enemy´s corpse really flying. I can´t really determine if that is an accurate depiction of what actually happened though. I also got to witness the first documented primary flak death. Lets just say it´s a huge explosion of blood. The secondary fire for the stinger was also shown, it´s rate of fire and projectile speed seems to be comparable to a rocket launcher.

ps3ccpricemain.jpg

An "employee of Circuit City" dropped this clip in our tip box about an alleged sale for the PlayStation 3. The flyer shows that Circuit City is dropping the price of the PS3 by $100 for the week of July 15.

Officially, Sony maintained for a while that there was no pressure to drop the system's price and that they had no plans to make an adjustment. Game Informer even got SCEA chief Jack Tretton on the record saying that PS3 price cuts would not be as soon or as drastic as the PS2's.

But the bluster soon gave way to realism. First came word from Sony President Ryoji Chubachi that a price drop was a "possibility." Then came a comment from Sony CEO Howard Stringer that the company was looking to "refine" the price. In the news business, that's what we like to call a trial balloon.

If the PS3 price drop does come on July 15, the system will have spent 236 days at its initial price. For historical comparison, the PS2 took 565 days to drop from $299 to $199, while the original PlayStation took 250 days and the original Xbox took 181 days to make similar drops. The GameCube took 176 days to drop from $199 to $149 while the Dreamcast took 245 days to likewise fall. On July 15, the Xbox 360 will have gone 600 days without a price drop in North America.

If the rumors are true, Michael Pachter gets the clairvoyance award for his May prediction of a "summer" drop. Goldman Sachs' March call for an October drop would fare less well.

What about the rest of the world? The price in Japan was slashed before the system even launched, and an unnamed "senior executive" said back in January that more cuts could be coming. Europe recently saw a smaller price cut from at least one retailer and some say an official reduction will come within the year. Others say it's just inevitable. And they're right. If there's one thing you can count on with technology, it's that the price will always be lower at some future date.

Back
Top Bottom