Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

Juve are innocent and they only victim , believe me :-!
@lo zio good long post as always :-pp

Dominick, my friend, u really have to find better sources :-pp

Guido Rossi is man of absolute probity, and he was chosed to guide the federcalcio during that though months, coz of his encyclopedic law knowledge. His only duty, as federcalcio commisioner (not president) was to creat a code of rules. and that's the only thing he did.
he absolutely didn't omitted any kind of evidences. and i can guarrantee it because in this country (like in any other continental law system country) trials evidences are not public until the end of the trial.
the only ones who have control of the evidences are the magistrates, and the scandal became pubblic (2 years ago) when our magistrates already finished the preliminary investigation. So it would have been impossible for anybody to manipulate those evidences.
guido rossi wasn''t even federcalcio president when the italian magistrates were doing their investigations!

Tim mobile has anything to do with the scandal. they didn't intercept anybody. they just provided the tapes of some conversation (every telecomunications company must save the tapes) to the magistrates when the magistrates asked for them..... and tim mobile was forced to do it by the law.

:DOH:
the Adamo Bove story has anything to do with serie a or football.
adamo bove, wich was not a police officer, but a Tim mobile employee, (responsible for the "security governance") illegally sent some infos to the SISMI (italian secret service) about the Abu Omar kidnapping.
it's a very "obscure" story, wich involves the SISMI the CIA and the imam Abu omar, who was kidnapped by the italian secret services to help the CIA.
u may find more infos about it here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imam_Rapito
anyway this has anything to do with football, of course.

moggi's lawyers pretended to expose as evidences hundreds of hours of phone conversations, claiming that in all those conversation moggi never talked about refs.
and of course the magistrates replied "we heard all those tapes during the preliminary investigations, and indeed there was nothing incriminating in those tapes.... so why should we listen to them during the trial?" :LOL: pretty obvious indeed.

then, talking about all those names u mentioned....
according to the evidences carraro didn't have any part in the scandal. carraro is a fucking bastard.... he's very very similar to moggi, if u know what i mean.
but, no matter how much i hate him, he was not involved in the scandal, that's for sure.
and besides we finally got rid of him, when pancalli took his place at federcalcio.

Tullio Lanese, former president of the AIA (referees association) was the "bridge" between moggi and bergamo\pairetto. he and mazzini were the ones who worked together with bergamo and pairetto to fix the matches....... he worked with juve management, not with milan management. the tapes of the phone calls between him and moggi became pubblic, after the end of the preliminary investigations and everybody here in italy listened to them (at the tv). he was one of the main actors of moggi's system.

talking about berlusconi's and tronchetti provera's media companies is quite pointless... yes they own a lot of media, so what? also the agnelli family (juve owners) onws a lot of media..... why not mentioning them too then?

Francesco saverio Borrelli a political associate of berlusconi???
this is probably the craziest thing of all mate! francesco saverio borrelli is one of italy's most important magistrates (and he was chosed to guide the federcalcio investigation coz of this). HE'S BERLUSCONI MOST TERRIFIC ENEMY! he's the one who led the public attorney office in 5 criminal trials against berlusconi in the last 10 years. he's probably berlusconi's worst nightmare!! :LOL:
who the hell give u theese info Dom! :DOH:

they are not 3 mate, they're 43!!!!! if u look at the corriere dello sport site u might still find a dossier with all the charges and the matches examinated by the magistrates.
take a look at the archive... it should be in a september 2007 newspaper, if i do remember well.

by reading your post i can understand why u were so suspicious, mate.
but seriously, check your sources carefully, because almost everything u wrote is absolutely wrong.

i think u know me pretty well, Dominick. i hope u realised i'm not biased or anything... i'm not biased about palermo, let it go juventus or inter.
i love juve, as much as i love inter, milan, roma, manchester, barca, etc...:))
i have no reason to defend moratti or tronchetti....actually i have to say i don't even like them!
but those "infos" u posted are completely wrong #-o

Well I guess that's the problem of having to deal with second hand sources all the time. My Italian is very poor, I can somewhat read texts at a decent levle and use translating recources, but it doesn't bring me very far when concerning content of substance. So as a layman I have to deal with layman sources.

I know you more or less just dissasembled my entire post, but I can't help but feel that nothing's changed and that juve were punished unfairly or at least disproportionally.

P.S. It's Dominic, you slow learner :-pp

Don, i know that i promised to leave Moggiopoli alone, but since this is discussed by others, i guess you won't mind...

i know you are a real fan, but reading what Ben wrote, i don't know how you can say that Juventus were punished unfairly...My favourit team in Belgium (RWDM, once champions and semi-finalists in the UEFA CUP, many years ago) lost it's license due to tax problems...they never commited fraud or cheated....yet they from one season to another they were demoted from the Jupiler league to the lowest regional league....8 leagues lower...compared to what they did Moggi was a criminal...i think you guys shoud be happy that Juventus only got relegated to Serie B....
And yes Don, i kind of like Juventus...and after all i think what happened to my favourite team was fair...as a law abiding citizen i have to pay tax too...
I'm gonna give you another analogy. If Michael Jackson would really have had sexual intercourse with childeren (and i don't give a damn if that is true or not...i hate is music), i think you would agree that he should be punished, no matter how many fans he has...well my friend Dominic...the same goes for your favourite team....but i'm happy for you that they are back and i hope they do well and may win lots of silverware...

At Ben,

I saw Madrid - Roma yesterday and i was fairly impressed by Aquilani. Now i read that you think he was not as good as usual....jesus...that must be a hell of a player...

Well I guess that's the problem of having to deal with second hand sources all the time. My Italian is very poor, I can somewhat read texts at a decent levle and use translating recources, but it doesn't bring me very far when concerning content of substance. So as a layman I have to deal with layman sources.

i see mate. italian is a very complicated language actually. definitely the most complicated grammar ans syntax between the "latin alphabets languages" (spanish, english, deutsh, french, etc...):))

I know you more or less just dissasembled my entire post, but I can't help but feel that nothing's changed and that juve were punished unfairly or at least disproportionally.

the point, my friend, is that actually any kind of punishment would have been unfair for juve, because the club (wich means the agnelli family), the team and the supporters had no part in this.
the only responsibles were moggi, giraudo and all those bastards who helped them (mazzini, mazzei, lanese, bergamo and pairetto).

but there's a law-principle in every country, called "objective responsability", wich establish that if a CEO of a company violates the law, then the company to must be considered responsible.

this is an extremely important principle, and it's a fair principle..... but sometimes it might bring to unfair consequences (like in this case).

besides, like i wrote before, it would have been unfair too (for all the other clubs, like palermo, inter, samp, genoa,ecc.) if this scandal wouldn't have brought to any punishment. and it would have been a huge wound for italy's reputation.

My uncle was napoli's team director from late 80s till mid 90s. he knows moggi really well, coz he worked with him when moggi was in charge at napoli (during ferlaino's days).
well, i can tell u he wasn't surprised at all when the whole scandal blew.

P.S. It's Dominic, you slow learner

:DOH::blush:
sorry Dominic. Do u know your name has italian roots, btw? "Dominicus" is an ancient latin word and it means "belonging to God" :))

Don, i know that i promised to leave Moggiopoli alone, but since this is discussed by others, i guess you won't mind...

i know you are a real fan, but reading what Ben wrote, i don't know how you can say that Juventus were punished unfairly...My favourit team in Belgium (RWDM, once champions and semi-finalists in the UEFA CUP, many years ago) lost it's license due to tax problems...they never commited fraud or cheated....yet they from one season to another they were demoted from the Jupiler league to the lowest regional league....8 leagues lower...compared to what they did Moggi was a criminal...i think you guys shoud be happy that Juventus only got relegated to Serie B....
And yes Don, i kind of like Juventus...and after all i think what happened to my favourite team was fair...as a law abiding citizen i have to pay tax too...
I'm gonna give you another analogy. If Michael Jackson would really have had sexual intercourse with childeren (and i don't give a damn if that is true or not...i hate is music), i think you would agree that he should be punished, no matter how many fans he has...well my friend Dominic...the same goes for your favourite team....but i'm happy for you that they are back and i hope they do well and may win lots of silverware...

well, Gerd. i honestly undestand Dominic's feelings.
Because while michael jackson actually is michael jackson (and of course he is responsible for his own actions), Juventus is not just moggi and giraudo..... and many people who "are" juventus (like del piero, for example) paid for moggi's actions...

At Ben,

I saw Madrid - Roma yesterday and i was fairly impressed by Aquilani. Now i read that you think he was not as good as usual....jesus...that must be a hell of a player...

reading this i assume u never saw him playing before...
if that's the case, then let me tell u mate... u have no idea what a player he is!!
just to give u an idea, Rivera said this guy is the purest talent italy had in the last 20 years.

At Ben,

thriller is one of the greatest albums of all time, period... :) oh and yes aquliani is going to be a great one

Ok, might I also add

Prandelli = GOD :EASY:

yep. no matter how many fantastic players fiorentina has, prandelli still remains their biggest asset.

they were just coming from 3 terrific league matches, and the next ones will be even more tough.
nontheless they were able to outplay a very good team like everton (wich is one of the most beautiful epl's surprises in tha last years).

they score twice, and they could have scored even more with a bit of luck.... everton seldom went under stress like yesterday this season...

and the most impressive thing is that pazzini almost didn't play (just the last 24 minutes), mutu was out, SEMIOLI was out (and also his first backup santana wasn't a starter as he played just the last 30 minutes of the match), liverani (wich is the real core of the team) was out.

half of their starting team didn't play yesterday.... but at least they prandelli lined up both gamberini and dainelli.

nice to see pasqual getting back on his usual levels.... it was time!

last note about kuzmanovic...... palermo and fiorentina fought a terrific battle to sign him... when fiorentina got him zamparini was totally mad.....
well, after watching him playing in the last few months, i understand why zamparini wanted him so badly :((

sweet goal by montolivo too! :))

I agree. You know how much I like Spalletti, but I have as much respect for Prandelli, and a bigger fan of Prandelli.

And great game for Pasqual I agree. He was a bit off color in previous games. You think he has a chance of being left back for Italy in Euros? As a matter of fact, what would be your Italian team based on previous performances? Haven't watched Italy for a long time, but I would be really excited to see a midfield of Pirlo, De Rossi and Aquilani.

I think Pasqual and Aquilani will be called up. Aquilani is almost certain. He was playing for Italy before his injury.

Fiorentina were great last night. I'm a huge fan, sorry Ben. Prandelli is a great coach and the Viola fans are also very supportive. When Prandelli's wife passed away the fans were very supportive every game. The win over Juve also created parades in Florence - singing Prandelli's name.

I agree. You know how much I like Spalletti, but I have as much respect for Prandelli, and a bigger fan of Prandelli.

he's just fantastic. everywhere he went he proved his amazing abilities.
the average standard of the italian coaches is extremely high, and the new generation of coaches is proving to be on the same level of the previous.
baldini, rossi, papadopulo, giampaolo, del neri, guidolin, ballardini... they would be considered GODS if they would work in spain or in england....
but some of them, like prandelli, spalletti, lippi, ancelotti, have the "full package". tactical education, man management ability, scouting ability, youngster growing ability.
they are really on another planet, compared to any other coach.... even the italian coaches i mentioned before.

And great game for Pasqual I agree. He was a bit off color in previous games. You think he has a chance of being left back for Italy in Euros?

not just in the previous games.... he has been under his standards for the whole season... and people in italy were really suprised because everybody considers him a fantastic talent. his performances in the past 2 years were AMAZING and he was supposed to be the future italy's left back....
but after his bad performances (at least so far this season) and considering the growth of dossena at udinese.... now it will be a tough battle.
he and pazzini are fiorentina biggests disappointments do far this season... now it's time for them to wake up.

As a matter of fact, what would be your Italian team based on previous performances? Haven't watched Italy for a long time, but I would be really excited to see a midfield of Pirlo, De Rossi and Aquilani.

at the moment our roster should be

---------------------------------------------------(amelia)
----------------------------------------------------buffon

--(oddo\cassetti\zaccardo)---------(barzagli)---------------(gamberini\dainelli)-------(panucci\tonetto\dossena\pasqual)
---zambrotta-----------------------materazzi-----------------cannavaro------------------grosso

-----------------------------------(gattuso)-----------------(ambrosini)
-------------------------------------derossi-------------------pirlo

---------(semioli)-------------------------------(aquilani)--------------(Palladino\cassano\delpiero)
----------camoranesi------------------------------perrotta-----------------dinatale

----------------------------------------(quagliarella\iaquinta)
-----------------------------------------------toni

the ones in parenthesis should be the backups. as u can see there are a lot of possible matchups for some roles.

just a couple of days ago i was thinking that in 4 years we could have this midfield...

------------------de rossi-------------montolivo

--------cassano----------aquilani-----------------rosina

:w00t:
now THIS would be an amazing midfield!!!:EASY:

EDIT:
Milanista said:
I'm a huge fan, sorry Ben.
:LOL:
don't worry ste. i'm not one of those stupid fans who hate every rival club.... me too i have to say i really admire fiorentina, despite being our rivals :beer:

Last edited:

I'm not impressed by Palladino. I think he is very overrated. I also see many better alternatives for Italy. He seems to lose the ball alot and is very nervous. I would much rather see Toto, Cazzano, Del Piero or Rosina- theyre very confident and can almost guarantee to beat a man, make a great pass/cross/shot.

I'm not impressed by Palladino. I think he is very overrated. I also see many better alternatives for Italy. He seems to lose the ball alot and is very nervous. I would much rather see Toto, Cazzano, Del Piero or Rosina- theyre very confident and can almost guarantee to beat a man, make a great pass/cross/shot.

it's hard to be del piero's backup, mate.
nontheless almost every time palladino played he was good.
next season he will probably leave for another club (palermo?) to get more playtime..... and he will be able to show his class.

anyway, i have to admit me too i would like to see rosina taking his place in our national team for euro 2008;))

I've been a fan of Rosina since Verona. He proves to constantly be able to create plays and to also score great goals. Hes one of those 'Miccoli' type players. He can easily create a lot of trouble and seems to be consistent.

rosina is even better than miccoli.... he's almost as good as cassano.... and has a better attitude (not that better anyway :DD)

the vid is priceless :LOL::LOL:
kaka: oh ma che fai, sei froscio! :LOL:
and materazzi's right foot is awful :LOL::DOH:

Last edited:

i

:DOH::blush:
sorry Dominic. Do u know your name has italian roots, btw? "Dominicus" is an ancient latin word and it means "belonging to God" :))

Yeah, I do ;).

I don't mind, Gerd :D. I respect your view on the matter.

I agree Stef. Palladino just isn't that good. He has talent and technique, but he does not have the temperament, vision, correct decision-making or functionality to complement it.

it's hard to be del piero's backup, mate.
nontheless almost every time palladino played he was good.

That's simply not true, mate. Palladino has gotten a lot of chances this season(although he had to play in midfield, but i'd choose dp,trez and iaquinta over him too) and he fails to deliver almost everytime.

next season he will probably leave for another club (palermo?) to get more playtime..... and he will be able to show his class.

anyway, i have to admit me too i would like to see rosina taking his place in our national team for euro 2008;))

I'd like to keep Palladino, but I reckon he sees himself as more than a squad player and it would probably be in his own best interest to leave.

Giovinco is simply the much superiour version of Palladino anyway and he'll make Palla sur-plus to requirements.

On that topic, I can't beleive you guys did not mention him in your italy team in 4 yours. Giovinco is the next best thing, superiour to Rosina if you ask me(and soon Cassano too :mrgreen:).

Marchisio is also a monster.

Last edited:

Forgot about him. I also really enjoy Giovinco. But I think Rosina deserves it more. Hes been underlooked for many years now but has constantly been impressive. Giovinco is also very young still.

By the way, David Bassi (GK of empoli) is the son of a close family friend of mine! His dad is a really close friend of my grandparents, he himself used to play for Bologna. He invited us to dinner with the Empoli team when they came to Milan to play Inter. He also gave me Roberto Mancini's long sleeve shirt from Sampdoria that he managed to get right after the game! (basically with his disgusting sweat)

Giovinco as in Empoli's attacker? Haven't seen enough of him TBH.

But Rosina surely deserves a call up for the Italian team. He has been simply superb.

Don said:
That's simply not true, mate. Palladino has gotten a lot of chances this season(although he had to play in midfield, but i'd choose dp,trez and iaquinta over him too) and he fails to deliver almost everytime.

i don't know mate. i mean how many matches he played as a starter so far this season? i might be wrong but i think he didn't even play 1\2 of juve matches so far.

and most important, how many times did he play in his proper role???

coz i always saw him playing wide on the right (taking camo's place) or on the left (taking nedved's place).
his role is del piero's one.
and being a young player he needs to play most of his team's seasonal matches in that position, to earn confidence and to improve himself (like he did in livorno).

an btw, even playing seldom and off role, i'd say he was pretty good. at least till december (lately he wasn't that great actually).

imo it would have been the best choice for him to follow giovinco and marchisio path; going somewhere else to have the possibility to play at least 20 matches as starter, and in his role.

Don said:
Giovinco is simply the much superiour version of Palladino anyway and he'll make Palla sur-plus to requirements.

On that topic, I can't beleive you guys did not mention him in your italy team in 4 yours. Giovinco is the next best thing, superiour to Rosina if you ask me(and soon Cassano too ).

Marchisio is also a monster.

Giovinco has a huge talent. what he did so far with empoli is simply great, and he might turn into a new del piero (like everybody in europe expects)....
but he's still very young, this is his first season in serie a, and it's way too early to compare him to a player like rosina, who already proved himself through the years.... and of course it's way too early to say if he will be worthy of italy's jersey in 4 years...
and the same goes for marchisio. a very, very, VERY promising youngster who could become a world class player..... but who still has everything to prove.... and a lot to learn ;))

Milanista said:
By the way, David Bassi (GK of empoli) is the son of a close family friend of mine! His dad is a really close friend of my grandparents, he himself used to play for Bologna. He invited us to dinner with the Empoli team when they came to Milan to play Inter. He also gave me Roberto Mancini's long sleeve shirt from Sampdoria that he managed to get right after the game! (basically with his disgusting sweat)

wow! :w00t:
btw mate DON'T EVEN THINK TO WASH THAT SHIRT!!! the sweat (no matter how dsgusting it is) is part of the shirt!!!
my mother washed the shirt maradona gave me..... it was 16 years ago, but i still get mad when i remember it :censor:

i don't know mate. i mean how many matches he played as a starter so far this season? i might be wrong but i think he didn't even play 1\2 of juve matches so far.

coz i always saw him playing wide on the right (taking camo's place) or on the left (taking nedved's place).
and being a young player he needs to play most of his team's seasonal matches in that position, to earn confidence and to improve himself (like he did in livorno).

an btw, even playing seldom and off role, i'd say he was pretty good. at least till december (lately he wasn't that great actually).

imo it would have been the best choice for him to follow giovinco and marchisio path; going somewhere else to have the possibility to play at least 20 matches as starter, and in his role.

Giovinco has a huge talent. what he did so far with empoli is simply great, and he might turn into a new del piero (like everybody in europe expects)....
but he's still very young, this is his first season in serie a, and it's way too early to compare him to a player like rosina, who already proved himself through the years.... and of course it's way too early to say if he will be worthy of italy's jersey in 4 years...
and the same goes for marchisio. a very, very, VERY promising youngster who could become a world class player..... but who still has everything to prove.... and a lot to learn ;))

wow! :w00t:
btw mate DON'T EVEN THINK TO WASH THAT SHIRT!!! the sweat (no matter how dsgusting it is) is part of the shirt!!!
my mother washed the shirt maradona gave me..... it was 16 years ago, but i still get mad when i remember it :censor:

dude diego gave you a shirt and thats all you post about it??!?!?!?!

TELL US MORE!!! :)

dude diego gave you a shirt and thats all you post about it??!?!?!?!

TELL US MORE!!! :)

p1010001cm4.jpg

p1010006qy7.jpg

:))

thanks to my uncle i got a lot of napoli stuff.
i have also ferrara's and cannavaro's shirt in my house at napoli.
and i also have giuliani's and taglialatela's gloves (giuliani's gloves are very frayed)

plus hundreds of photos and autographs.... i had careca's autograph, but i lost it (shame on me! :(()

oh and i also have this!
p1010017qs1.jpg

:))
when i was in napoli my uncle used to take me at napoli clubhouse (the paradiso) at least once in a week. i used to eat with the players, and spent a lot of time with some of them (especially maradona, taglialatela and alemao).

Milanista, Kaka Materazzi video seems funny what are they really talking about seems like some kind of question answer game :D.

Oh my god! Tagliatella! I completely forgot about him. I used to love that guy. The player I'd like to meet most now is Marco Storari (LEGEND!) and Paolo Maldini. I'd love to talk about economics with Seedorf.

RetKit:

Found this online

M- Hey!
K- Have a hug, Marco!

Send him kisses!
M&K- Mwha!

What about an elbow nudge?
K- Oh, no, not to Marco.
M- *elbows hard, smiling*

Promise this derby will be a clean-played one:
K- I promise
M- I promise

(Cut to scenes of the match with M&K happily fouling each other)

Is the derby a match like the others?
M&K- No

What do the fans ask you before the match?
K- To give everything on friday, mi raccomando
M- To give my all and play with all my heart

And if you don't make it?
M- I'm saddened
K- At least I tried

What's the best part of a derby?
M- The adrenaline when playing
K- Winning

How do you celebrate?
M- (Carrying my captain around while groping him...ooops, wrong match! Jumping up and down!
K- Weeeeeeeeeee!

How is this derby going to end?
M- Inter wins
K- Milan wins

(Cut to scenes of the match with Milan scoring...)

Kaká, you got us!
K- *happy*
M- Again...

Who is the cutest (bello) of you both?
M- Him
K- Me

Who's the richest?
M- Him
K- Him

The most reflective?
M- Him
K- Me

The nicest?
K- Both
M- Him

The baddest?
K-Him
M-On the pitch, me! *smiles* (and proud of it, apparently! *lovingly slaps him silly*

Kaká, try and convice everyone that you're not as nice as they think:
K- I'm even nicer

Materazzi, try and convice everyone that you're not as badass as they think:
M- *blinks and tries on his most innocent look*

Role-play! From now on, Materazzi: try to be super nice and Kaká: try and be easily angered...
So, there's this guy who never passes you the ball...
M- Oh well, patience.
K- Ohé, would you pass that ball?!

There's this guy who gets in your way and blocks you...
K- Moooooveee!! (as threatening as Totti's puppy...
M- Be careful!

There's this guy who drops his coffee all over you...
K- Careful, cacchio!!
M- Nevermind, my wife does the laundry anyway. (Entirely innapropriate, but amazingly still adorkable *blames it on the azzurri-virus*)

There's this guy who pinches your butt...
K- *smiling so he probably likes it!*
M- Eh, no! *warning finger, still smiling probably thinking of past matches, I'm baaaaad*

Why do women like you so much?
K- It's a mystery
M- ...but where are they?

The thing you regret most:
M- I don't regret anything
K- Swearing (he's a really devout catholic)

Do you believe in god?
M- Yes
K- A lot

Do you swear a lot?
M-Not really
K-I try not to

Do you resent your collegues doing it?
M- Yep (probably because it means people'll notice the fouling... kidding! lol)
K- Not in the field, but I don't like it out of it.

How can one overpower Materazzi?
K- With speedness

How can one stop Kaká?
M- *prays*

How do you feel about the aggresion that some Inter players were subjected to (they were attacked by Milan fans)?
M- It was a villiany. If you have a problem, solve it one-on-one, but many against one it's just not fair.
K- I'm sorry and it's sad, and not the right way to encourage your team or your players.

Materazzi, did you see the aggression directed at Zanetti?
M- Yes, from afar.

Did anything happen to you?
M- Nothing, fortunately.

Kaká, what would you have done in his place?
K- I don't know, I hope nothing like that will ever happen to me.

What do you think of the Milanisti that didn't want to go back to the pitch in solidarity?
M- It was a very nice gesture.
K- A good thing.

What can be done against violence?
M- A whole lot
K- Education

A yell? (I'm thinking this is a great way to transition from the "serious stuff" and relax... smart, those Iene!)
M&K- AAAAhhh!

What do you think when Kaká dribbles past you?
M- And what can I do, then?

When Materazzi stoles a ball from you?
K- Bastard

When Kaká passes you and scores...
M- My fault! *despaires*

When Materazzi fouls you hard enough to merit a PK...
K- Penalty! I wait for the whistle!

When Kaká dives...
M- But what are you doooooooing...?

Convince Moratti to not leave Inter:
M- May I remind you that Inter's director is now Lesi?
K- I'll say it for Marco: stay, president!

Why Mancini wants to leave Inter?
M- This, you should ask him.
K- Because he's not feeling comfortable and doesn't get to do things his way.

Why Ancelotti stays at Milan?
K- Because he's a great coach.
M- Because he's very good.

What would you say to...
Gattuso that tells you he's gay?
K- Good luck! (He actually says "Into the wolf's mouth", a common way to wish luck, kinda like "break a leg" in theatre... and very Gattuso-appropriate!)
M- *surprised* Ringhio! I can't believe it, wow! (BTW, I love Rino's nickname: "ringhio" it's the word for the growling sound dogs, wolfes and such make...

Moratti that says he doesn't have the cash to pay for his coffee?
M- Check carefully, I'm sure something will come out of that pocket...!
K- My treat, president.

Mancini & Ancelotti that say you guys are kinda scarse as football players?
M- That's probably correct in my case, not his, anyway.
K- *smiling* Easy mister, you'll see in the next match...

Whom, among your collegues, has it longest?
K- *laughing* Clarence!
M- Nero, or Adriano...! Once --- made a bet with --- and won 500 euro... for such a small thing, it was a great win! I could have won...

The stinkiest breath?
K- Nobody
M- If he's been eating brasilian food, I'll have to say César!

Who's the prettiest?
M- Me!
K- Me!

And the ugliest?
M- Gattuso!
K- *muttering under the smile* Julio César...

And the cheapest?
M- César! He doesn't even own a watch...!
K- Dida! He never offers anything on his birthday party...

And the jerk-iest?
M- Can't anwser that!
K- In a good sense? Billy.

And the whinniest?
K- Nesta, surely
M- Thankfully we don't have those...

The match that made you despair the most?
M- May 5th. Lazio-Inter, and we lost the Scudetto.
K- The final at Istambul.

What did you thought at the end of that match?
K- We were so close, and then we lost...
M- I'll never be so close again...

Why Inter never wins?
K- Mystery!
M- We're unlucky.

Why is Adriano in a crisis?
K- I don't know
M- Because he's sad.

And why Kaká has defended him in public?
M- *to Kaká* Because you're a great guy.
K- Because he's a friend and I don't think it was fair, the way they were acting towards him.

Why nobody defends him in Inter?
K- That's a bad attitude.
M- Nobody in Inter? That's not true!

Have you ever made fun of your adversaries?
K- Never in the field.
M- Once in the past, and I payed with two months out.

Who's going to win the Mondiali?
K- Brasil!
M- Brasil, surely.

How will the italian squadra perform?
K- Fine, it'll be a great and strong team.
M- *sad & serious* Bad. Probably thirds in the group stage...

Would you be called for your national team?
K- I hope so
M- I would like to be

Convince your coach to choose you... in portuguese!
K- Professor Parreira, talk to the bigwigs at Milan, please call me for the WC, I really wish to play and help Brasil win the Cup! (He sounds GREAT in portuguese...)
M- Lippinho, call me! (*snerk*)

And in Umbro? (dialect of the italian northeast)
K- *just laughs*
M- Lippi, c'mon, let's go to Germany!

World Cup Finale, Italy-Brasil!
M&K- *each starts singhing own national anthem*

The Finale starts! Wins the one that awnsers first!
So, the multiplication table of 3?
M&K- 3, 6, 9, 12...
(Italia wins)

Addition: 34 plus 71?
K- *mutters* 34 plus 71... *puzzled* (awwww)
M- *convinced* 105!
(Italia wins)

Division: 4 / 2?
M&K- Two!
(tie)

Skill test: who can make more bounces with the head?
K- C'mon!
---
(Brasil wins)

With the right foot?
---
(Brasil wins)

With the left?
---
(Italia wins)

Italia wins the WC Finale!!
M- Yeeeeeeaaaahhh!!!!!

Italy or Brasil?
M- Italy
K- Brasil

Copacabana or Milano's beach?
M&K- Copacabana

Mancini or Ancelotti?
K-Ancelotti
M- No-one

Chayanne or Carrera?
M&K- Carrera

Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
M- Coca-Cola
K- Pepsi

X-Box or Playstation?
M&K- X-Box
M-... all the way!

Pizza or MacDonald's?
M&K- Pizza (duh!)

3-3-5 or 3-4-7?
M&K- 3-3-5

A virtue of the other?
K- His great heart.
M- All!

A defect?
M- *to Kaká* I would have to see you naked!
K- Once in a while he's mean in the field.

Confess a secret to him...
K- *to Marco* We're winning on friday!
M- *to Kaká* My son is half in love with you and a Milan supporter... *sighs*

A final promise?
K- I, Kaká, promise not to score against Italy if we're together in the Finale!
M- I, Marco Materazzi, promise to win the next scudetto with Inter!

the thing with Italian really is that a mate of mine had a good teacher and he learned it pretty fast so im sure Italian is not that difficult.

Forgot about him. I also really enjoy Giovinco. But I think Rosina deserves it more. Hes been underlooked for many years now but has constantly been impressive. Giovinco is also very young still.

Yes, Giovinco should be considered in the future, not right now. Rosina is in contention for this summer's ec, Giovinco obviously isn't (yet).

Giovinco as in Empoli's attacker? Haven't seen enough of him TBH.

But Rosina surely deserves a call up for the Italian team. He has been simply superb.

Try to catch an empoli game or search the net for some Giovinco action. Trust me, it's worth it.

He has 22 appearances this season, only Trezeguet, DP, Buffon, Nocerino and Legrottaglie have had more appearances. 12 of these have been from the start. So i'd say he's been give a lot of chances in fact.

I already pointed out that he's been played out of position. Del Piero, Iaquinta and Trezeguet all offer much more than Palladino upfront. If Palladino was truely that talented, he'd have forced himself upon a starting place upfront. I agree it's harsh to condemn him for his performances in a role that's alien to him, but think he should consider himself lucky that he can start at all..

an btw, even playing seldom and off role, i'd say he was pretty good. at least till december (lately he wasn't that great actually). imo it would have been the best choice for him to follow giovinco and marchisio path; going somewhere else to have the possibility to play at least 20 matches as starter, and in his role.

He's had a few decent matches, but the amount of poor matches far outnumber the good matches. He does not posses the killer-instinct or personality upfront and he has not the vision, passing range or durability to play in midfield. He's a bit of a ball-hog and his moves have little to no effectivity and for someone who's biggest asset is supossed to be his dribbling, he loses the ball way too often and goes past his marker way too little.

That's what makes these youngsters so exciting. One already has seemingly limitless fantasy(Giovinco) and the other one already plays with so much maturity(Marchisio), while they are only at the start of their carreer and they can only grow. It's exciting to think how good these players can be if they can keep growing.

I agree that it's very early, but I think both could already be starters for the current Juve..

Last edited:

What a game Palermo-Udinese was.

Anyway, Milan completely undeserved their 3-1 win. We were slow, predictable and seemed like we had no motivation, but still won.

MACCARONE ALE! MACCARONE ALE! 1-0 Siena over Fiorentina.... 1 point behind 4th now.

Back
Top Bottom