Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

That's what makes these youngsters so exciting. One already has seemingly limitless fantasy(Giovinco) and the other one already plays with so much maturity(Marchisio), while they are only at the start of their carreer and they can only grow. It's exciting to think how good these players can be if they can keep growing.

I agree that it's very early, but I think both could already be starters for the current Juve..

Wait is Marchisio owned by Juventus too?

I find the way young players in Italy being
shipped out to other teams to grow very interesting
compared to the EPL. Also transfers in the general
like Pirlo once playing for Inter and C.Zanetti has
played for the top clubs.

It's like blasphemy in the EPL when players go to a
certain club.

Also Pato will be huge one day once he matures and has
the final product. It's great that he has Kaka
as a mentor.

Right now he is playing as a striker but will he be groomed
as the natural successor to Kaka?

Prandelli = GOD

647311.jpg

Only god can get away with those godawful
tracksuits that he wears...

Pirlo and Zanetti are one offs. They were basically 'abandoned' or abused by Inter. Its like Arsenal signing Lassana Diarra. Pirlo wasnt a success at Inter and was on loan to Brescia at the time.

Inter really wanted Francesco Coco, who was a known Inter fan since a kid, and was also in great form - playing for Italy. The only way Milan would release him was if Inter swapped a good player in return, so Inter gave us Seedorf and they took Coco. Coco's career went down the drain since :lmao:

Wait is Marchisio owned by Juventus too?

yes ;))

Also Pato will be huge one day once he matures and has
the final product. It's great that he has Kaka
as a mentor.

Right now he is playing as a striker but will he be groomed
as the natural successor to Kaka?

mmm i don't think so. i still don't know pato enough of course, but, from what i saw, he's pretty different from kakà.
pato "sees" the goal like a pure striker and seems to have a fantastic touch (by "touch" i mean ability in controlling the ball in short crowded spaces). he can play "back at the goal".

kakà instead needs to play at least 10 meters far from the edge of the box, to unleash his acceleration, so he can't play "back at the goal".

kakà becomes unstoppable when he gets a wide-coverage, while he shows some weaknesses when hard-pressed.
pato instead looks extremely confortable in crowded areas. it seems that he need to feel the contact of the opponent to give his best, while he looks a bit too naive when free from tight marking.

Only god can get away with those godawful
tracksuits that he wears...

not to mention his awful greasy hairstyle....so kitsch :LOL:

Don said:
He has 22 appearances this season, only Trezeguet, DP, Buffon, Nocerino and Legrottaglie have had more appearances. 12 of these have been from the start. So i'd say he's been give a lot of chances in fact.
:shock:
22 appeareances and 12 from the start?!! that's much more than i thought actually. :-pp

Don said:
I already pointed out that he's been played out of position. Del Piero, Iaquinta and Trezeguet all offer much more than Palladino upfront. If Palladino was truely that talented, he'd have forced himself upon a starting place upfront.

wait a minute Don. let's put things in the right perspective. trezeguet is one of the world's best strikers, who would be a starter in any club on this planet.... it takes some feat to take his place...
i mean how many better strikers than trezeguet could u name? 6? 8? maybe 10? and u're blaming raffaele for not being (already) among the 10 best strikers in the world?
and the same goes for del piero. it's impossible to take his place... he's not only a great player (who seems to get each year better)... he's an icon in torino... and if ranieri would put him out of the starting 11 for more than 3 consecutives matches, tha fans would start blaming the coach....

Don said:
He does not posses the killer-instinct or personality upfront and he has not the vision, passing range or durability to play in midfield. He's a bit of a ball-hog and his moves have little to no effectivity and for someone who's biggest asset is supossed to be his dribbling, he loses the ball way too often and goes past his marker way too little.
well mate, i'm pretty sure u know him better than me... and i agree with u when u say he doesn't have the killer instinct... but afterall he an SS, so he's not supposed to have the killer instinct. his role requires dribbling ability and short passing ability.... and honestly he seems to me damn good in both of them.

u also have to consider that the gaming system he plays in, doesn't really fit his abilities...... i think he would be outstanding beside an amauri-like or an amoruso-like striker.

I think its because of his dodgy relationships with the fans, players and the fact that his titles were won under certain circumstances! Cry baby.

from what ive heard he's leaving in may not right away so he's gonna finish the season or most of it

Bizzare stuff, couldn't come at a worse time - 6 points between the 1st and 2nd places, Cl exit and mancio walks ?!!? Something stinks here, has mad max already sorted a replacement then ? Is this the reason for Mancio's statements.

Why leave now?

Inter haven't had any competition in the last two seasons due to the repercussions of calciopoli so is Mancini jumping ship before Juve and Milan can compete again and therefore be actually tested as a coach next season?

Mancini hasn't proved himself yet, he's obviously just running now because he's a wimp or can't handle the pressure at the top.

Guys I've seen highlights of last night's Inter v L'pool game and noticed that compared to AC Milan's AMAZING support there, the Inter supporters were quiet for 90% of the match. Is it always like that with their supporters or was it because they were anxious on this occassion? The atmosphere was very flat.

Please, no "Inter bashing", an honest answer would be much appreciated.

:)

Some great fixtures this weekend, noteably Milan,Inter & Juve

Atalanta - Empoli Sun
Cagliari - Torino Sun
Fiorentina - Genoa Sun
Inter - Palermo Sun
Juventus - Napoli Sun
Livorno - Parma Sun
Reggina - Siena Sun
Roma - Milan Sat
Sampdoria - Catania Sun
Udinese - Lazio Sat

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi insists that he knew Roberto Mancini was keen to leave Inter before last night’s resignation.

Mancini’s announcement last night that he was planning to leave San Siro this summer came as a shock to the football world.

However, Moggi claims that he was aware of the tactician’s unease and that only the timing surprised him.

“I already knew that he would leave Inter,” Moggi maintained on Radio Marte. “But I didn’t think that he would announce it after the Liverpool game.

“Mancini isn’t happy with the group of players and could also have some problems with the President.

“It would have been better to announce his departure in a few weeks because Inter are still in a title race and his words could cause problems.”

However, many still believe that Mancini’s statement was a cry for attention and not a real resignation.

Nerazzurri chief Massimo Moratti is yet to comment in full, but he has revealed that he plans to discuss the issue with his tactician.

“Mancini’s decision surprised me,” he said. “We will meet tomorrow morning to see what happens next.”

There are suggestions that Mancio’s well documented rifts with Patrick Vieira and Luis Figo – who allegedly refused to be brought on as a substitute last night – may be responsible for the Ancona native’s decision, but no clear explanation has emerged yet.

Guys I've seen highlights of last night's Inter v L'pool game and noticed that compared to AC Milan's AMAZING support there, the Inter supporters were quiet for 90% of the match. Is it always like that with their supporters or was it because they were anxious on this occassion? The atmosphere was very flat.

Please, no "Inter bashing", an honest answer would be much appreciated.

:)

Well, they are very quiet when not winning Mike...I've seen them a couple of times (live) and they really aren't the best crowd in Italy tbh

Well, they are very quiet when not winning Mike...I've seen them a couple of times (live) and they really aren't the best crowd in Italy tbh

Compared to the Milan supporters they were crap. When we turned up (or didn't as the case was) at the San Siro last year, Milan's supporters were AMAZING. They were noisy and EVERY supporter was flying a flag or banner of some sort.

The Inter fans just wore tacky white caps and sat there looking sorry for themselves.

I'd be quite happy being the Italian Champions & having their squad to be honest! Where abouts you from FreMM? Didn't know you supported Juventus, I thought it was Newcastle! (those bloody FIFA 08 avatars confuse me!)

I live in Belgium, but lived in Italy until I was 4 years old (hence my poor English). We moved to Belgium, had to learn two new languages ( Dutch and French), but always missed Italy. I'm a Juve fan since as long as I can remember, mate ( even go to see 10-12 matches a year in Italy)...Hate the way things have been going with Juve the past couple of years though, but we'll recover..
Concerning the N'castle avatar: had too pick a team and that was the only one left over:-pp

wouldnt say breathtaking but it was a good comeback 0-1 to 2-1 in a few minutes, it was a good last 20min from roma but the rest of the game was all milan

Back
Top Bottom