Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

well Gerd, first of all thanks for your kind words :)
actually our match against milan is quite a good "image" of what is happening to milan this year. Palermo had an average performance (we didn't played badly,neither great), but milan still deserved AT LEAST a draw (they still had 2 or 3 big chances to score....... and 2 post hit... of course :mrgreen: ).

in the last 4 years, each time calciomercato was opened, i always expected milan to buy some young defenders. i really can't understand why galliani didn't focused on defence. i can't believe he didn't worry about it just coz of the great performances of their old "senators" (maldini, stam, cafu, serginho, costacurta). Bonera is not enough. He is having some troubles finding his place in milan's defence, but i'm still confident about him. he's a nice defender and i'm sure that sooner or later he'll start playing like he did in Parma. Now Grimi arrived..... i never saw him playing, so i can't talk about him..... we'll see if he deserves to be a milan player.

but 2 defenders still aren't enough for a defensive line wich has an average age of 30 years old.

About gilardino, well, he isn't fast, he has no dribbling, he's not a tall striker..... but still he is a hell of a striker. he's not having a nice year, but his performances can't be evaluated cos the whole team isn't in good shape. actally players like gila depends a lot by their teammates. i mean he has not the ability to carry a team to victory by himself (like toni or amauri, for example) he's more similar to trezeguet, inzaghi or oliveira, his performaces are influenced by his teammates shape. But i still think he's one of the greatest italian scorers (is not easy to score 24 goals for 2 consecutives seasons in serie a..... especially if u play in Parma ;) )

about oliveira, i really like him, but i think he was not the right player for milan. Milan needs a players like sheva..... i don't mean a player with sheva's quality (just henry has his quality and i don't think he will leave arsenal), but a player that likes to start his action from the sideline, a player that likes to move betweeen the lines of midfield and attack, just like sheva (maybe tavano or iaquinta).
inzaghi, gila and oliveira are to similar too play together imo.
moreover, oliveira performances are obviously influenced by his familiar tragedy.

Last edited:

What happened to Oliveira's family lo zio???

his sister was kidnapped last october... and the brazilian police suspects her son (i mean, oliveira sister's son :shock: ) who is a pusher.

at least if it's confirmed the sister is safe ... I think .
but mate this is something that can't be helped and we can't blame people cause there is such misery in brasil . there is a huge contrast between the situations in the favelas and how much brazilian players in europe earn . it's not decent when you think about it .

u're right mate. favelas situation is really tragic.... and that's why i was happy when Lula won the election the first time (now i'm starting to believe that he's not right man for leading brazil)

.....but still i can't understand how a guy could kidnapp his own mother..... to steal his uncle'e money... it sounds so weird to me that i can't even figure it out (but i understand theese guys condition is really tragic).

in my opinion, this guy (don't even know how old he is) just fell into a game bigger than him. Maybe he's just a puppet... maybe there's somebody else behind him, somebody who is taking advantage of his condition... and his family ties.... who knows :(

the only thing i know is that i can understand why oliveira is doing so bad this year.

I don't know the detail about the kidnapping so I can't have any opinion right now . it's strange indeed .
about lula , you can't expect a miracle . he'll need time before we only see things starting to change and a lot of time before things actually change .

so, as u can see, it's not just talking about mentality. sure this is a factor, but not the only one :)

I competely agree. I never said mentality was the only factor, I just said that if it does play a part in their poor play, then Milan have no one to blame but themselves.

I agree with some of the things lo zio says (very fair of him, ebing a Palermo fan). Bit the fact that Milan has an "old team" his their own mistake...they should have bought younger players a couple of years ago.
Finally i'm not really impressed by their recent signings like Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Bonera and even Gourcuff (who will be a fantastic player in a couple of years but who is now not good enough for an absolute top team like Milan...).

I agree.

Nice to see Claudio Ranieri back in action again. He's in charge at struggling Parma.

"Claudio Ranieri has been appointed coach of Italian Serie A side Parma.
The 55-year-old former Chelsea and Valencia coach replaces Stefano Pioli, who was sacked following Sunday's 3-0 league defeat at Roma.

Ranieri takes the reins with Parma second from bottom in the league and facing a relegation battle.

He returns to coach in his native Italy after an absence of nearly 10 years and is back in management after a spell as a television pundit."

ronaldo will play in start next match
i never liked him but with this milan situation go fat ronaldo go ..

CAVANIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0rPDZj9N4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rkoppuanLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS0DQayDKyo

EDIT:

lil off topic

about lula , you can't expect a miracle . he'll need time before we only see things starting to change and a lot of time before things actually change .

Sorry Pogoss, didn't notice your reply before :)
u're right.... but he's in charge since 2002.... 5 years. btw i didn't loose my trust in him, i'm just not so confident as i was 5 years ago... we'll see :)

Last edited:

Adriano banned for diving!

sixtythree3.jpg

Inter ace Adriano has been suspended for two games after he was adjudged to have won a penalty against Roma by diving.

The Brazilian earned his side a controversial penalty in the 3-1 loss to the Giallorossi last night when he fell in the box, despite not being caught by goalkeeper Alexander Doni.

Although the Nerazzurri did level the game at the time with a Marco Materazzi spot-kick, it has come at a price.

The disciplinary commission viewed the incident today and have decided to punish the player for his simulation on video evidence grounds.

Interesting, but will it be consistent?

Re: Serie A Thread (Adriano banned for diving)

Video of the incident.

It really was a shocker of a dive. Good that he is being punished. I bet he will have no complaints about it. We will have to wait and see if this kind of decision will happen on a regular basis. This part of the game really needs to be stamped out. Dives like this can dubiously win matches - changing the course of a teams season, or unfairly knocking them out of a cup competition.

Last edited:

Video of the incident.

It really was a shocker of a dive. Good that he is being punished. I bet he will have no complaints about it. We will have to wait and see if this kind of decision will happen on a regular basis. This part of the game really needs to be stamped out. Dives like this can dubiously win matches - changing the course of a teams season, or unfairly knocking them out of a cup competitions.

;)
totally agree. i noticed something strange this season. big clubs players don't dislike to take advantage of theese kind of situations, when they have a chance, while little clubs players often showed fair play, by rejecting ref's decisions and explaining to him that their opponent didn't make a foul. yesterday it happened with contini (parma), who saved pazzini from an undeserved red card, but it already happened a lot of times this year...... always talking about little clubs players....weird.

got to say that i'm also quite disappointed by the new attitude gilardino is showing this season, talking about divings...... when he was use to play in Parma he was also use to score more..... and to dive less (actually i can't remember not even 1 dive by him with tha gialloblu shirt)

I bet Milanista will not agree with you lo zio and he will certainly not call Gilardino a twat...

Good decision, very the Italian FA acts more English than the English FA...

Gerd, I actually would call Gilardino a 'twat'. He seems to have changed from the Gilardino I wanted to see with Milan. He is so clumsy and can't seem to dribble at all. I'd play Ricardo Oliveira over him. Many of my relatives and friends from Milan are also very frustrated with Gilardino. We're having a hard season, and sometimes trying harder to score is more important than trying to win a penalty, something Gilardino enjoys doing strangely.

Seems like every goal he scores is a vital winning goal for Parma. Doing well and is quite well supported by the media when Parma are being covered.

He scored 2 goals in his last game against Fiorentina.

rossi really impressed me! didn't expeceted he was so good.
huge personality, nice technique.
he scored 2 of the most beautiful goals i saw this year (1 yesterday, the other one in his first match for parma). it would be nice if parma could hold him.:)

about gila, milanista, i can understand him. He doesn't feel the right trust around him.
a couple of weeks ago i was in milan and went to san siro (first match vs. bayern). well, he wasn't doing bad at all, but nontheless milanisti booed him every time....... even before the match started, during the warming....i really can't understand....
moreover, buying ronaldo, didn't increased his self-confidence, of course.
he just needs time and trust, and that's not what is happening by now.

it's not an easy game to go from parma to milan...
in parma he was the only member of a 1-man-attack, with a nice first touch passer like morfeo behind him.
now he has 2 very different players behind him (seedorf and kakà), who usually prefere to hold the ball and try long shots.
i just hope carletto will manage to "rehabilitate" him. Afterall, talking about this (regenerating players) ancelotti is a great coach ;)

Last edited:

I understand his confidence issues, but its been over a year. Also on the pitch his mistakes are often due to poor composure. He misses the easiest of chances and has the most chances to score. Last year he scored 17 goals, which was very good, this year hes reached 11, which is decent. But he could easily by above 15 right now.

you're right, this season he scored some very difficult goals and missed some very easy scoring chances :roll:
i just hope carletto will give him more space in the starting formation, as he's the future of milan, not ronie. i'm sure that when he'll feel more confidence around him, his composure will boost too and he'll be back again.

and that's also one of the (many) reasons why i think ronaldinho wouldn't be a good buy for milan :)

I don't even know where Ronaldinho would fit. I'd love to get someone like Mexes - hes always confident and hes fast, reminds me of Nesta. We're linked to Zambrotta, wouldn't mind Zambrotta either. By the way, my second Italian team is Palermo - nonno da caltanissetta:D

Back
Top Bottom