Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: "Serie A" - Ibra to Real for £30M?

I think that was about Lazio Roma Joost...
This match against Livorno was also of the matches were Di Canio made his infamous fascist salute...
Livorno are supposed to be the left side team in Italy...and those idiot had to show that they don't agree...

joostebrood said:
I read in the paper about AS Roma fans with swastika's and other nazi symbols during Roma's match against Livorno. Also there were a lot of referrences to Auschwitz. What the fuck is that about? On top of that the chairman of Roma only responded with that 'politics should be kept outside the stadiums' I'm not sure if gassing people has anything to do with politics, but can anyone give me more info on this?

:(

I thought Roma fans were communists. Although they're not to keen on jews are they?

With all the stick Di Canio gets, theres not been much coverage of this incident

gerd said:
I think that was about Lazio Roma Joost...
This match against Livorno was also of the matches were Di Canio made his infamous fascist salute...
Livorno are supposed to be the left side team in Italy...and those idiot had to show that they don't agree...

No no, not this time Gerd. This time the troubles are concerning fascists with a Mussolini posters in the stands of AS Roma vs Livorno. AS Roma as a consequence are risking an 8-match punishement of playing in front of an empty stadium.

Normally the Lazio Roma fans are famous for the fascist fans, but Roma have their fascist part as well. As far as I know, currently in Rome there are some very extremist factions and football is (foolishly) very much intertwined with politics in Italy.

Why?

Just heard that the Roma supporters will be prevented from attending the outfit’s forthcoming home match against Cagliari on February 8.

Re: "Serie A" - Cesar Heads to Inter

Cesar Heads To Inter

Rodriguez Aparecido Cesar is finally an Inter player after he officially completed his move from Lazio this evening.

The Brazilian, whose contract in the capital expires in June, arrives on loan until the summer when he is then expected to pen a permanent deal.

As part of the agreement, Lazio have taken a half-share in youth team players Alberto Quadri and Siqueira de Oliveira.

Lazio have moved quickly to replace the left-sided midfielder by swooping for promising youngster Massimo Bonanni.

The Roman has joined the Biancocelesti on loan for the rest of the season from Sicilian giants Palermo.

The Rosanero have also waved goodbye to Michele Ferri on Tuesday as the defender has moved to Cagliari.

Elsewhere, Messina have strengthened their relegation cause by acquiring Antonio Roberto Nanni and Duccio Innocenti.

The first, an Argentine striker, has joined until June from Dynamo Kiev, while the defender has agreed a similar deal from Atalanta.

Lecce have also moved on transfer deadline day by netting Tunisian defender Karim Saidi from Feyenoord.

Reggina have agreed to take Greek striker Lampros Choutos from Inter, just days after he rejoined the Nerazzurri from Mallorca.

The Stadio Granillo outfit have also sold defender Maurizio Lauro to Ascoli, while Luca Rigoni has joined Piacenza on loan.

Re: "Serie A" - Cesar heads to Inter

Massimo Bonnani from Palermo is one of my favoured PES-players.
If he's as good irl then Lazio have a great new player Prof...

Sereni Accepts Treviso Move

Matteo Sereni has temporarily ended his Lazio nightmare by joining Treviso on loan for the rest of the season.

The goalkeeper, who has been No 2 behind Angelo Peruzzi since his arrival in 2003, has been unhappy in the capital for some time.

He should now see his desire for regular first team football realised after signing for the strugglers on Tuesday.

Sereni has moved north in a swap deal which sees ‘keeper Samir Handanovic head in the opposite direction.

Elsewhere, Palermo have boosted their midfield options by signing Giovanni Tedesco from Serie C side Genoa.

The former Perugia player, who will wear the No 4 shirt at the Stadio Barbera, has penned a deal until June 2007.

Chievo have reduced the size of their squad by getting rid of Antonios Natsouras to Cremonese and John Mensah to Rennes.

Ascoli and Empoli have also concluded some transfer business today. Francesco Bonetto has joined the Bianconeri, with Vittorio Tosto heading to Tuscany.

Cosmi sacked by Udinese

Udinese Coach Serse Cosmi has been sacked after spending the night locked in crisis talks with the club.

After returning from Barcelona yesterday, Gino Pozzo, son of President Giampaolo, met Cosmi where the two parties agreed a pay-off with regard to the 18 months he still had to run on his contract.

The struggling Stadio Friuli outfit have appointed veteran defender Nestor Sensini as a player Coach, with former Como boss Loris Dominissini assisting the South American.

Sensini, who recently became the third oldest player to score in Serie A history at the age of 39, joined Udinese in 1989.

Following successful spells with Parma and Lazio, the Argentine returned to the North-eastern outfit over the summer of 2004.

Although the decision to sack Cosmi was not totally unexpected, it was believed that he would be given at least the Lazio game to save his job.

“I am still evaluating the situation,” said Giampaolo Pozzo only last night. “We are aware that the team is in an unpredictable situation and we must find a way out.”

Cosmi made a sensational start to his Bianconeri career following his arrival from Genoa in the summer.

He safely steered the club into the Champions League and came desperately close to reaching the last 16 of that same competition until the 2-0 loss to Barcelona.

However, the outfit have struggled of late in the championship and the loss to Reggina on Wednesday was the final straw.

After just one win in 11 games and with the club in tenth with just 26 points, Cosmi seemed resigned to his fate.

“I have defended the team as much as I can. I also felt that I was safe in the job, but after this I feel the critics were right,” he said after the 2-1 loss.

“We are dropping down the table and find ourselves in a difficult situation.”

Last edited:
Re: "Serie A" - Cosmi sacked by Udinese

cosmi.jpg

:-k

onslow_.jpg

:thumbup:

Don't add him years. He's only 39 :D Great player though. I remember him playing for Argentina in WC '94, '98 and '02.
Looking through Udinese squad I've found another interesting individual in their team.
Saadi Al Ghaddafi
s_6193_2005_2.jpg

What's the point of having a player like him in squad ? He haven't played a match in first squad and he had some doping problems while playing last season in Perugia (as far as I can remeber).Maybe Udinese is having some kind of financial support from his Dad - dictator of Libia ?? :lol:

I've done some search and found out that he owns some shares in JUVE (7,5%) since Bianconeri went on a stock market.:eek: Wasn't really aware of that earlier.

HT 0-0

lmao when Mancini ran around celebrating, only for the goal to be cancelled.

FORZA JUVE.... 3 more goals for Juve to go.

Yep, an entertaining match and the 'Game of Free-kicks'. First Adriano has a wonderful goal disallowed, although correctly, then Del Piero scores an equally great free-kick before Recoba hits the post in injury time with another special effort, his probably being the most difficult as it was in-direct.

What Cordoba and Zanetti were doing to allow Zlatan to score I have no idea They obviously didn't think Camoranesi would cross so early but I expected them to deal with the situation better.

Juve have wrapped up the title it seems.

Glad Del Piero scored that freekick, coz Samuel should have gotten a red card card for blatantly kicking (and injuring) Zlatan, and then he scores from a corner. But luckily Del Piero curled it in beautifully!

Re: "Serie A" - Inter looking to lure Benitez

Inter looking to lure Benitez

Inter are ready to offer Rafa Benitez £50m to prise him away from Liverpool, according to reports today.

The Daily Mirror claims that unless Roberto Mancini leads the Nerazzurri to Champions League success this season, he will be out of a job in the summer and, according to the tabloid, Benitez heads Inter patron Massimo Moratti’s list of desired candidates.

Benitez, who won the Primera Liga with Valencia, took over at Liverpool in 2004 and ended years of underachievement for the Premiership club by winning the Champions League in his first season in charge.

Moratti has overseen a similarly disappointing reign at the San Siro, with both the League title and the Champions League eluding his beloved side despite having ploughed over £446m of his personal fortune into the club over the last 10 years, and now it seems that he sees Benitez as the man to restore Inter’s fortunes.

“Benitez has already proved he is a top manager in Spain and England and Inter believe he can now do the same in Italy,” an Inter source is quoted as saying.

"Winning the European Cup against Milan will make him immediately popular with Inter fans and his achievements with Valencia, where he twice won the title over Real Madrid and Barcelona, proves he has real pedigree."

Moratti is reputedly ready to set aside further significant funds for Benitez to spend should he decide to cut short his contract, which ends in 2009, in favour of a move to Italy.

Should the Spaniard spurn Moratti’s advances, however, Arsenal’s Arsène Wenger and PSV and Australia Coach Guus Hiddink are said to be next in line.

Back
Top Bottom