Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: "Serie A" Thread - Calcio Italiano

saturday i'll go to stadio olimpico in rome to see lazio - juventus. We will win, coz the last time i went to olimpico, we won 1-4 against roma :D lol
And remember : THERE IS ONLY ONE ZLATAN ;)

p.s. bye bye di canio fascista di merda :D

Hes a testa di cazzo and needs to get suspended. I hope Lazio win on the weekend, and hope nothing happens as Juve have alot of black players. Peruzzi's form is pretty shit for the last 3 games.

Don/PLF... Pelle isnt even the second or third choice striker. Hes barely played this year, like you said 5-7ish games.
Abate, on loan at Samp this year i believe, is meant to be a very good winger for the future. His dribbling last year with Napoli was incredible, but he was abit of an egoist. Roma also have a bunch such as Kahrja and Okaka (this guy scored at 16 2 months ago for UEFA cup).
Zapata of Udinese is also a pretty solid defender judging from Coppa Italia and some Serie A games, hes a 20 year old Colombian defender who joined this summer, and looks abit like Alex of PSV, but quicker.

Last edited:

Milanista said:
Hes a testa di cazzo and needs to get suspended. I hope Lazio win on the weekend, and hope nothing happens as Juve have alot of black players. Peruzzi's form is pretty shit for the last 3 games.

Don/PLF... Pelle isnt even the second or third choice striker. Hes barely played this year, like you said 5-7ish games.
Abate, on loan at Samp this year i believe, is meant to be a very good winger for the future. His dribbling last year with Napoli was incredible, but he was abit of an egoist. Roma also have a bunch such as Kahrja and Okaka (this guy scored at 16 2 months ago for UEFA cup).
Zapata of Udinese is also a pretty solid defender judging from Coppa Italia and some Serie A games, hes a 20 year old Colombian defender who joined this summer, and looks abit like Alex of PSV, but quicker.
Cool. Looking forwrad to seeing this Zapata guy in action!

Udinese have a very good scout system aso I wouldn't be surprised if they've picked up another future star at a very young age still. I hope he becomes a solid central defender like Mario Yepes but if he's like Alex you say then I imagine he's even bigger! :mrgreen:

mmm, tonight juventus - siena and livorno- milan.
But i can't understand paolo di canio, he did it again ... :S
is he stupid or .. ??
orig_C_0_articolo_288693_listatakes_itemTake_0_immaginetake.jpg

yes, blatter said soon there will be other rules, and then if di canio does it again, lazio will go in serie B

Lol that's a bit harsh is'nt it? :lol: and unrealistic so I don't think they'll punish a whole team and all its fans due to one player! but hey I won't mind it if it does happen :p

Maybe Di Canio was waving to someone in the crowd but it was read the wrong way? :mrgreen: :eh:

What happened to him? He was so safe when he was in West Ham and now all this...TWICE(!). All my respect I had in him is now lost....even that now-not-so superb goal he scored sadly.

Once good friend Shaka Hislop is also kinda shocked as well (he is a big "anti-racism campaigner btw):
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-1953203,00.html

EDIT: PLF, racism cannot be tolerated in football (or in anything else for that matter). If a team doesn't try its best in preventing it, they should face the consequences. I will, for the first time, greatly commend Blatter's decision if he punishes Lazio (presuming its done rightly of course...)...

Last edited:

Relegation is a litle bit harsh, player and club should be fined and loose the points of the matches were he performed his "act"...

About Blatter: he's an hypocrite...Real Madrid have racist fans to...he would never have the courage to sanction the supposedly biggest club in the world.

I don't know too much about Serie A, but I am trying to get back into it. I used to love Gazetta Football Italia on Saturday mornings, only just discovered that its still going!! Found it whilst channel hopping on Bravo a few weeks back.

Anyway, since I went to Inter v Arsenal a couple of years back to see Arsenal thrash Inter I have sort of taken them on as my Italian team. I watched the Milan derby, they were a bit fortunate to win that one but they are sitting in 2nd place in the table.

My question is: Do they have a chance to win their first Scudetto this since '89 or will they flatter to deceive as per usual by the end of the season?

Clockender said:
I don't know too much about Serie A, but I am trying to get back into it. I used to love Gazetta Football Italia on Saturday mornings, only just discovered that its still going!! Found it whilst channel hopping on Bravo a few weeks back.

Anyway, since I went to Inter v Arsenal a couple of years back to see Arsenal thrash Inter I have sort of taken them on as my Italian team. I watched the Milan derby, they were a bit fortunate to win that one but they are sitting in 2nd place in the table.

My question is: Do they have a chance to win their first Scudetto this since '89 or will they flatter to deceive as per usual by the end of the season?

Dont worry, they will be trophyless.

rockykabir said:
Maybe Di Canio was waving to someone in the crowd but it was read the wrong way? :mrgreen: :eh:

What happened to him? He was so safe when he was in West Ham and now all this...TWICE(!). All my respect I had in him is now lost....even that now-not-so superb goal he scored sadly.

Once good friend Shaka Hislop is also kinda shocked as well (he is a big "anti-racism campaigner btw):
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-1953203,00.html

EDIT: PLF, racism cannot be tolerated in football (or in anything else for that matter). If a team doesn't try its best in preventing it, they should face the consequences. I will, for the first time, greatly commend Blatter's decision if he punishes Lazio (presuming its done rightly of course...)...
Di Canio at heart was always a hardcore Lazio Fan. The Lazio fans are the 'fascists' of football in Italy. He behaves the way he does because he feels that he has the need to connect with his past and the fans.

The way they play seems to be a deja vu every single year. There is a period where they continuously win, then lose out at the end. They also have so much depth that players seem to be unsettled - they are also looking for another striker in January.

Lastly, I hate Inter and hope they dont get the CL spot;)

Half their signings arent too expensive, and many are bosmans such as Figo. Their president is the owner of Pirelli, which is world wide.... so hes a rich bastard.

Nah Milanista is surely biased but I agree with his opinions. Inter won't win anything this season either but thats OKAY! The President and fans need to understand that it takes time to get success back and by repeatedly changing coaches and buying 20 players each season you're only postponing those successful days and making them come later than they will if you just stick with one coach for 5 years and not put so much pressure on him or keep buying players till you have 5 in each position and unsettling them.

Inter just aren't consistent enough to win anything yet. Only consistent teams can win the LEAGUE as it's so many maches in a year but in Cup competitions anything is possible just like Greece in my opinion would've never become champions of Europe if it was based on a league but in a cup sure they can put even up to 8 great matches together and bam you're champion of world or Europe or CL! :)

@RockyKabir, if you read my posts on last page of this thread as well you'd know mate I'm ONE person who was suggesting for ANYthing to be done to stop racism as there is nothing more I can't stand than racism in football and also I'd be last person to be sad about Lazio getting relegated as they are my most hated team! and I don't even have fav team but I do have a most hated team :D, I was just pointing out though that I think THAT won't happen and it's too harsh and it's basically just talk. They'll keep fining sadly but won't have balls to relegate a team because of racist action of some fans and Di Canio :(

Forza Inter! :D

It's only been 17 years since the last Calcio.....

It was evil Lazio's fault we didn't win the thing in 2002. I'll always remember May 5th. :( Stupid Poborsky.
It was even better when an Italian friend of mine rang me to gloat about Juve winning it. Damn her!

poborsy is juventino, that's sure dar ;).
An incredible juve this first part of season and all 2005, and since capello sit in our bench, juventus was always first on serie a,
buffon

zambrotta cannavaro thuram chiellini

camoranesi vieira emerson nedved

Dribblahimovic
Trezegoal

Yeah, gotta hand it to Juve, playing really well.

They deserve to be where they are, it's up to Inter to catch them. ;)

To be honest, juve rarely play 'really well'.
It's all about grinding out the results with the minimal effort for them, which is going too easily in serie A this year.

Worrying times for Serie A fans, I have to say. Without even looking at all the troubles surrounding the backroom politics and racism etc., only looking at the quality of the league.
The overall quality seems to be redundant. With the big clubs moving even further away from the rest.
Former 'glorious' sides like Lazio, celebrating drawing against Juve for example. The quality of the defenders of the lower sides, hugely diminished.
As a juve fan I always know the goals will surely fall. Such uncharacteristic defensive errors are being made every so often throughout the league.

Juventus just struck another mega deal with Mediaset for the TV rights, worth millions.
The big three (only three nowadays..) get so much more income than the smaller sides.
Ofcourse this is not strange, but the relative difference between the clubs in the league is too big compared to let's say that difference is in the Bundesliga.
In the Bungesliga, one can only buy the rights(correct me if i'm wrong) of the entire league.Which a paint for the likes of Bayern, but helps out the smaller sides a great deal financielly.
Compare the 80 something million TV income from Juve to that of Bayerns 10-20 million euros.

Due to broadcasters in Italy being able to freely buy the rights of just one club; the small sides get 'neglected' and the bigger sides get even richer.
The big sides get better and the smaller sides even worse.

One might argue for the 'rise' of clubs like Sampdoria and Palermo, but I think that's flattering them and it's only due to the fall of former giants like Roma, Lazio and Parma.

I do not think this is a periodical thing either, It will probably get only worse.
With just Fioretina able to catch the untouchables at the top in the future. Worrying times..

Yeah agree with what you said there Don!

It's sad because the big 3 are getting further and further away from the rest of the pack it seems with only Fiorentina possible being able to catch them in years to come and that's if they manage to find consistency because they certainly have the resources and players to do so but often like teams at international stage like Spain they fail to live up to their potential (players abilities) but this year isn't like that of course but I don't see Fiorentina keeping their 1-4th position for next 4 years even though it'd make sense if THEY did but I just see them falling back maybe next year and often going to finish in top 8 instead of 4 because they are a bit inconsistent and then again so is Inter but at end of the day they have too good of a squad to fall back too much really and let a club like Sampdoria/Palermo ahead of them in final table.
One might argue for the 'rise' of clubs like Sampdoria and Palermo, but I think that's flattering them and it's only due to the fall of former giants like Roma, Lazio and Parma.
Fully agree :(

Back
Top Bottom