Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: "Serie A" Thread - Calcio Italiano

About Fiorentina; I think keeping their top 4 position in the years to come, will depend a great deal on wether or not they can keep Prandelli.
Prandelli is a coach I rate highly and would be able to keep Fioretina performing on a high level.
Though regarding their top 4 position as it is looking now, their top 4 position will most likely be just that... the 4th position. The best of the rest.

Im hoping Sanz will finally take over Parma... this guys got cash and can boost Parma, who knows... he might even make them as strong as the late 90's.

Maybe one day the 7 sisters will return... we've kind of got 4.

I'm hoping for same because back then that was one of the major attractions of Serie A that no other league had ever had or will ever have and one of the main reasons it was a joy to watch!

Channel4 writing exactly about the problems, which I wrote about('predicted') last page.

Channel4.com said:
TV rights controversy Wednesday 28 December, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Juventus’ £150m deal with Mediaset, the smaller clubs in Serie A are to meet with Italian Football Federation President Franco Carraro to discuss fears of an increasing class divide.

The fear is that the gap between the rich and the poor in Serie A can only increase without a collective television contract.

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini and Fiorentina President Diego Della Valle have been the most vocal in expressing their frustration.

“Myself, Della Valle and others won’t be able to buy in January because we don’t know the budget for next year until we have a TV contract,” stated Zamparini

Livorno President Aldo Spinelli, although taking a more conciliatory tone, also stressed the need for a clear agreement to be drawn up.

“Juventus administrator Antonio Giraudo has done his job well but there has to be money for everyone, it has to be a collective deal,” said the outspoken Amaranto chief.

Currently Juventus, Inter and Milan stand to make vastly more from TV rights than Fiorentina and Livorno. Last season the two Milan clubs made over six times more than their less illustrious competitors

Last edited:

Good subject Don...
If things continue like this (i.e. the gap between the big three and the rest is getting bigger) this could prove theend of Serie A because in the end people will be fed up with the fact that every year the Serie A will become predictable i.e. a title race between Juventus and Milan with Inter as perennial underachievers.
If Juventus, Milan and Inter continue to make more money they will shoot in their own feet.
Unless they are aiming towards a European super league, which is not a bad thing but which sould be modelled on the best organized (and most honest) sports competition in the world: the NBA. That means open accounting (bye bye Real Madrid, AC Milan), salary cap (by bye Chelsea), a draft system (bye bye all the big clubs) and a clear and honest policy towards drugs (bye bye Juventus).

Yes exactly. Though every league is predictable to a certain extent of who will come out on top, in Serie A they're now setting a trend.
Almost a monopolisation of the top positions..
I can't see European super league being realized, so in Serie a itself measures should be taken.Once again, they should take the bundesliga as an example.
Anyway this 'trend' will happen (has happened) in the other leagues as well.
It's somewhat unavoidable that you will always have your big teams and minnows, you won't be able to change that(except maybe with that NBA system -the rise and fall of the bulls?). Yet simply making these TV rights for example a collective thing would be one step in the right direction.

Parma were extremely unlucky not to get a draw tonight I feel, Milan look well dodgy @ the back.

4-3

juveboy said:
Parma were extremely unlucky not to get a draw tonight I feel, Milan look well dodgy @ the back.

4-3

Did you see Parma's manager get all angry and have to leave the pitch punching the exit tunnel?
that was funny:lmao:

Don Domenico said:
About Fiorentina; I think keeping their top 4 position in the years to come, will depend a great deal on wether or not they can keep Prandelli. Prandelli is a coach I rate highly and would be able to keep Fioretina performing on a high level.
Though regarding their top 4 position as it is looking now, their top 4 position will most likely be just that... the 4th position. The best of the rest.
Couldn't agree more.

PedroGhidini said:
Did you see Parma's manager get all angry and have to leave the pitch punching the exit tunnel?
that was funny:lmao:

Ya,the ref got it completely wrong as ir was Rui Costa's challenge on the Parma player but he was swearing his head of to the Milan faithful then punched the tunnel :lmao:

We crushed the firenze tonight 4-1 and a we also made history with our beloved captain Alessandro Del Piero bagging a hatrick, He is now the all time top Goal scorer for Juventus with 185 overtaking the great Giampiero Boniperti’s 183 gols. Another big middle finger to all his critics and the haters out there, you know who you are ;-)

Forza JUVE, Tutti con Alex

Last edited:
Re: "Serie A" - Calcio Italiano - Amoroso to AC Milan

Jeez, I remember he came on a trial with Celtic last season. How things change. Good player but think he has a suspect temperament.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Jeez, I remember he came on a trial with Celtic last season. How things change. Good player but think he has a suspect temperament.

FD

I remember that, was surprised Sellic;) never signed him. Tho obviosly they seen something that put them off.

Another great display from Juve again and a marvelous volley by Ale to make it goal #186. I also watched the Roma game this evening and Milan were terrible but hats off to Roma after overcoming some topsy turvy results as of late and esp for Mancini after coming back from injury.

some photos :D (thanks to LaPresse for these amazing photos)

40.jpg

41.jpg

39.jpg

20.jpg

lol, Del Piero now is the best Juventus Player of all time, from when he signed the 183th goal against fiorentina, and yesterday our president Franzo Grande Stevens, gived him that stone :D

Re: "Serie A" - Calcio Italiano

Grafite On Juve's Books

Juventus have signed Sao Paulo striker Edinaldo Batista Libanio, otherwise known as Grafite, according to reports in Italy.
The 26-year-old has been bought to replace Marcelo Zalayeta, who will leave in the summer, and has been compared to his compatriot and Inter marksman Adriano.

Grafite, who cost the Turin club £2.75m, will be loaned to French outfit Le Mans - a side whom Juve have already handed youth team players to recently. Defender Luigi Lavecchia and Swiss forward Davide Chiumiento have both enjoyed spells with the French club.

At Le Mans, Grafite’s progress will be regularly monitored by the Bianconeri before he is brought to Turin next season and possibly loaned out to Siena or Messina.

The powerful centre-forward is reportedly on the fringes of the Brazil national team and was recommended to general director Luciano Moggi by the Italian giants’ extensive global scouting network.

Moggi decided to make his move for Grafite after his intended acquisition of Sergio Koke of Marseille fell through following the player’s refusal to first be loaned to Siena.

Grafite made the headlines in Brazil last year following an unsavoury incident during a Copa Libertadores match against Quilmes of Argentina. The Brazilian forward was racially abused by Leandro Desabato, who was subsequently charged by police.

Re: "Serie A" - Calcio Italiano - Grafite to Juve

Funny(odd..) really, as Zalayeta recently signed a new contract. Though that might have just been to prevent him from leaving for free at the end of the season, poor Zalayeta might've been a little foolish to sign if that's the case..

fd1972uk said:
WTF is that? Is it a gravestone or something? :mrgreen:

FD

:lmao:

Roma right now giving Juve a wipping in the stadio della alpi 3-1. Coppa Italia. Del Piero scored a goal doing a 360 on the snowy pitch. :lol:

Re: "Serie A" - Calcio Italiano - Grafite to Juve

Real planning £30m Ibra raid

Real Madrid are lining up a sensational bid for Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to reports in Spain.

Los Merengues are desperate to return to their former glories and Spanish daily, AS, reports that they are willing to spend up to £30m to recruit the services of Ibrahimovic, whom Real President Florentino Perez sees as the ideal partner to Ronaldo.

The report seems to mirror reality with Ibrahimovic’s agent today confirming that the Liga outfit are keen on his client.

"I can confirm Real’s interest," Mino Raiola told Italian magazine Guerin Sportivo. "They tried to sign him a few months ago, but Juventus said no. It is clear that Zlatan is liked by the Spaniards."

The talented Swedish star has been a huge hit since signing for the Bianconeri for £11.5m in 2004. In his first season at Turin the 22-year-old became a linchpin of the side, scoring 16 goals on the way to Juve’s 28th League title.

This season, though, Ibrahimovic has not been as influential, scoring just three goals in 22 appearances, and has seen his place come increasingly under threat from the resurgent Alessandro Del Piero and the prolific David Trezeguet.

The international is still considered by Juve, and particularly Coach Fabio Capello, as the jewel in the crown of their currently indomitable side and would be reluctant to relinquish such a prodigious talent.

The temperamental former Ajax man, however, has yet to sign a new lucrative contract that was reportedly put before him several weeks ago and with Real Madrid throwing admiring glances in his direction, could be tempted to move to the Spanish capital.

However, Raiola insists that talks regarding an improved deal at the Delle Alpi have not begun.

"I represent Zlatan and I can say that we are not discussing a new contract and we have no appointments scheduled with regard to an extension," underlined Raiola. "There is no problem between the club’s directors and the boy is happy with life in Turin."

Along with the tall Swede, Perez is also intent on luring a whole raft of other leading European players to the Bernabeu.

Striker Lukas Podolski of Cologne, Xabi Alonso of Liverpool, Christian Poulsen of Schalke 04, Osasuna’s Raul Garcia and Arsenal’s Ashley Cole are all on his Galacticos hit list.

...because they need another striker.

Last edited:
Re: "Serie A" - Ibra to Real for £30M?

hands off Xabi :( :(

he plays for the European Champions, why move to a club that cares about big names and fat salaries ;)

Re: "Serie A" - Ibra to Real for £30M?

I read in the paper about AS Roma fans with swastika's and other nazi symbols during Roma's match against Livorno. Also there were a lot of referrences to Auschwitz. What the fuck is that about? On top of that the chairman of Roma only responded with that 'politics should be kept outside the stadiums' I'm not sure if gassing people has anything to do with politics, but can anyone give me more info on this?

Back
Top Bottom