Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Italy mourns 'Il Professore' Scoglio)

I saw him this Sunday on this channel where i see the italian league, he's always there to make comments on the matches thats being played and you're right Milanista he does criticize how players play and tactical decisions coaches make, he was healthy this Sunday after the Inter vs Juve match, may he rest in peace..

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Di Vaio to return to Serie A in January?)

Di Vaio hints at January switch

Valencia striker Marco Di Vaio has admitted that he could return to Serie A during the January transfer market.

Di Vaio is struggling for regular action given that David Villa, top scorer in La Liga with six goals, is the club’s first choice attacker.

And the Italian international has confirmed that he will assess his options if he continues to sit on the bench.

"There are still two months for me to get my place back, even if that won’t be easy," said Di Vaio.

"If the situation doesn’t change by January then I’ll see what can be done. I’ll decide what to do in the New Year."

However, boss Quique Sanchez Flores has already publicly admitted that the player is not a key figure.

"He does some good things now and again, but he is not in my plans at this moment in time," said the Spaniard.

"I have explained all this to him in a meeting that we recently had together."

Di Vaio’s agent Franco Zavaglia has already claimed that both Milan clubs are keen on his client, and the player already seems to have a preference.

"Inter? I wouldn’t turn down a move to the Nerazzurri," he is quoted as saying on Thursday afternoon.

The San Siro giants could be interested as they may lose Obafemi Martins after Christmas to the African Cup of Nations.

Di Vaio, who shot to fame at Parma, joined Valencia in the summer of 2004 after a £7m fee was agreed with Juventus.

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Di Vaio to return to Serie A in January?)

Bring Di Vaio back to Palermo.

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Maldini To Play Until 2007)

I’ll play on until 2007, vows Maldini

Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has announced that he will keep playing until 2007 despite his advancing years.

Maldini, who has enjoyed a long and glittering career that has lasted nearly 20 years, has said that the motivation and desire to play for his club is still as strong as ever.

"I will leave in 2007 when my contract runs out," the Rossoneri captain told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I enjoy it every day, I still have the desire to train hard and stay fit and I’m very attached to the shirt.

"I can’t imagine a life without football yet and so I fully intend to keep going."

Maldini, who retired from international football after winning a record 126 caps for his country, has yet to show any real sign that age is taking its toll and is a leading candidate to win the Ballon d’Or next month.

"It’s very flattering to be short-listed but I don’t think it’s been one of my finest seasons," he added with typical modesty.

"I think these prizes are normally awarded to players who have won big trophies and I don’t think anyone is going to forget Istanbul in a hurry."

Maldini scored the first goal in that incredible Champions League Final defeat in May – and it is just that sort of inspirational contribution which has led Coach Carlo Ancelotti to keep selecting him this season.

The 37-year-old has played 12 matches and scored twice in all competitions already this term.

When the veteran defender does eventually hang his boots up, though, another Maldini will be waiting in the wings to keep the family reputation alive at the San Siro for a third generation.

In the same way that Paolo followed in the footsteps of father Cesare at Milan, so his son, Christian, is learning the ropes having also signed for Ancelotti’s men recently at the ripe old age of eight.

"At the moment all he needs to think about is having fun," said the peerless No 3. "Although, even at eight years of age he already has the pressure of the Press on him – they see him as the new Maldini.

"I’ll be happy if he has a career like mine, the same way I followed my father, but he’s still just a boy and all that counts is that he enjoys himself."

I heard he's gonna be playing with a specially designed oxygen mask from Nike which will allow him to play well into his 50s. ;)

Hey Professor Nutmeg there now showing Serie B footaball on Eurosport....so that Bologna game the other day.

Pizzle 8)

Zoro in tears after fans’ racist insults

ROME: Messina’s African defender Marc Zoro was reduced to tears after being subjected to racial abuse by the visiting fans in Sunday’s Serie A match at home to Inter Milan.

The Cote d’Ivoire international was targeted when he went to collect the ball near the away supporters’ section and after a chorus of monkey chants he decided he would take no more part in the game.

Inter’s Brazilian striker Adriano went over to console Zoro before he broke down in tears.

Zoro’s teammates managed to then persuade him to play the remainder of the match and his decision was applauded by the Messina crowd.

Officials from the Italian football federation talked to Zoro about the incident after the match and the matter is likely to lead to an official enquiry.

Zoro said it was about time the Italian football authorities took a stand against the racists.

“I don’t want to become a celebrity, but I don’t accept it when people come to my home stadium and shout racist insults,” he said.

“I’m used to it when it happens away from home, but not here. These people don’t love the sport and they must understand we are not animals – I want respect.

“They travel many kilometres to come and see their team and then they give me this crap.”

Zoro explained why he decided to stay on the pitch.

“I picked up the ball and went over to the fourth official to try and get him to stop the match, but then I thought I couldn’t end the match this way,” he said.

“It was out of respect for my team and the Inter team that I decided to carry on.”

Last month, in an interview, Zoro said he constantly suffers racial insults.

“I have been playing in Italy for three years and I see this happening almost daily,” the 21-year-old said.

“All this makes me really sad. It’s not easy for me and it hurts. I don’t deserve this.”

On the first day of this season, Zoro was subjected to racial abuse by a large section of Lazio fans at the Olympic Stadium.

His anger almost boiled over at the final whistle and he had to be restrained by his teammates.

Afterwards Lazio president Claudio Lotito went into the Messina dressing room to apologise on behalf of his club.

Well, Messina just awarded Zoro the captain's armband due to his pride and dignity. They thought he had courage and loyalty because he defended his team from away fans.

imo its a good idea.

Re: "Serie A" Thread - Calcio Italiano

Forza Chievo, wooooooooooooooooooooooooo , perhaps Maldini may go into an earlier retirement ;-)

Last edited:

yeah, I agree. maybe the captain should transfer to juventus to get some special medical treatment, he probably could play for another 20 years.

Fiorentina : 1 (Pazzini 40')
Juventus : 2 (Trezeguet 8', Camoranesi 88')

Incredible game by Thuram, Toni can't play :lol:
Very poor Zlatan again miss all dribbles, shot, cross...

Zlatan was unselfish today but Mauro Camoranesi was the mano of the match for me but credit to the Vila, they played very well and in honesty, maybe a draw would have been a fair result but i'm not gonna complain. :-)

Forza Juve

Viola did hit the bar three times ;), Juve lucky as usual..

Milan Derby this Sunday.. Cant wait .. :D

And it will turn out to be another big deception inter-211...although i hope Inter beat Milan.
I have been browsing in this thread an was a litle bit shocked by the story on Zorro. It's a sad story with some good points too: like the way the Lazio chair man reacted and the way Messina wants Zorro to become captain of his team.
I think refs should stop matches if things like that happen. After a while the racist abuses will stop. Where i live there is much racism (in Flanders extreme right wing have nearly 25% of the votes). Young guys dress like skinheads and walk around my neighbour with baseball bats. They "only" abuse people, but it is worse enough like that...on then one day a black guy had enough of it and went through the roof...he did not accept it anymore and he decided to fight the skinheads...

I have a question...how is Palermo doing...i'm currently playing a ML with them and i wonder what sort of team they are irl...

Milan will beat Inter.

Not overly impressed with Inter. Guess we'll see how their reserves do against Rangers, if they can't beat them it means that there no better than Falkirk. :lmao:

FD

gerd said:
I have a question...how is Palermo doing...i'm currently playing a ML with them and i wonder what sort of team they are irl...

Mid table, last year they were better, and Caracciolo is not a super player like he is in winning elven master league :p

The Zoro thing just sickens me!! :-x This type of stuff just makes my head go wild and when I heard it first I felt so bad for him! :sad: how it's still apparent here today in some countries in year 2005 and the worst part is I think unless I have bad memory or something, racism wasn't THIS bad in football a few years ago even in Spain and Italy but after something that triggered it again, I'm not sure what, large parts of football fans in Spain in particularly again started doing racists chants and giving players like Kameni and Zoro a hard time!

It seems Atletico Madrid and Lazio also have some of the most racist fans in the top leagues and that for me is just another reason to hate Lazio even more! no offense. I like their players but I just don't like the club, their fans never have and never will and things like this although I know it doesn't mean anyhting and not everyone is like that in fact probably a very small number of people in stadium were stupid enough to do this stuff but still I can't say I'm a fan of Lazio and their fans!

I say KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL and Kick the shit out of these stupid/assholic individuals ](*,) who have the audacity to abuse human beings like this just because of difference of colour in skin or culture.

I even heard that somebody threw a banana :eek: at Zoro or another player that was targeted with racism this past 2 weeks can't remember

I hope Fifa does something soon that would really make people stop giving these players this stupid sorta inhumanitary racist behavior! I mean just a fine isn't enough but I'm not sure what they can do to really cut down the numbers. I suppose if refs stop matches it'll stop this abuse eventually or lower it but then that'd be a bit too harsh and matches can't just get stopped as there is a league and organization and unless there's great reasons, matches shouldn't and can't be postponed due to all these other competiions/matches players also have to take part in due to Int'l games, CL/Uefa Cup among others.

So I'm really out of ideas on what would be a nice good idea to MAKE those racist people at least KEep their mouth shut and not abuse these guys and break their concentrations during match but yet isn't too harsh on whole team/fans and would actually lower the number and not just a small fine that these clubs don't care about, a $5000 fine is nothing to Lazio or Atletico Madrid but i'm not sure what can be done??

Last edited:

I completely agree with you PLF...
I think abused players should step to the ref and ask to stop the match...
The strange thing is that it is so bloody irrational. "Our" blacks are good ones, but "their" blacks are from an inferior race (and substitute "blacks" by any other race).
In Belgium there is a team (Beveren) which plays with 9 Ivorians, one Frenchman and one Malinese. They are adored by their fans, yet in Beveren the extreme right racist party "Vlaams Belang" is very successfull in elections.

Last year in a CUP Match something funny happened. Beveren played Antwerp with 10 Ivorians and one Belgian player. Every time the Belgian player had the ball, the Antwerp fans started making monkey noises...Everybody found it very funny (the Ivorians, and even the Belgian player)...sometimes humour is the best arm against stupidity...

But yes PLF, my friend...it sickens me too...

Its going to be tough for FIFA. Italy is still a very racist country compared to France, England and Germany. Many extreme fascists are around in Italy, they can almost be called Nazis.

There are countries were the racism in football is worse than in Italy Milanista...Poland seems horrible...i once read an interview with a black player who plays in Poland...boy that was horrible.

Yeah Emmanuel is really Nigerian though. My Math tutor who is also Nigerian actually knew him lol was friends with him but he said they both went their own way, Emmanuel Olisadebe went to Poland because neutralized to that country or whatever the proper term is and he came here.

ac milan will surely win this weekend.

PLF said:
Yeah Emmanuel is really Nigerian though. My Math tutor who is also Nigerian actually knew him lol was friends with him but he said they both went their own way, Emmanuel Olisadebe went to Poland because neutralized to that country or whatever the proper term is and he came here.

I thought that had to do with him not being good enough for the Nigerian team and his wife being Polish.

kel said:
I thought that had to do with him not being good enough for the Nigerian team and his wife being Polish.
Emmanuel Olisadebe does have a Polish wife.

He's fully Nigerian though and moved there to play for a club I think Polonia where he played really well and impreseed in league so much that they fast-tracked and gave him a Polish citizenship so he can boost Poland's chance in world cup qualifying and he did just that. He played very well and took them to WC and played well there too.

Too bad he's been so injured lately otherwise a good player :(

As for being good enough for Nigerian NT or not, I don't know. Some say so, some say no he was good enough for them too but chose to play for Poland when they offered him to and since coaches thought of him and believed in him so much while he had to wait to get chance in Nigerian NT and it wasn't a sure thing to happen anyway.

I personally think when he wasn't injured and he was at his peak (let's say that was around last WC) he was a pretty good player and I've seen a lot worst strikers than him get call up and play for Nigerian NT so I personally think if he had waited and not play for Poland he could've made the Nigerian NT and get a few caps under his belt.

@Stan, yes its true man earlier on in Olisadbe's career, poor guy was regularly thrown bananas at in matches and used to some racist behaviour from SOME people but after his selection in NT and playing well and for some time being their star player, obviously the public started to like him more and racism went down a notch.

Last edited:

Yes PLF, but the interview i mentioned was not with Olisadebe, it's with a lesser known player who was fed up with it all...

Back
Top Bottom