Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Treviso, Ascoli & Empoli confirmed in Serie A)

yaaaaaaaay we won \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/
In your face juve fans !:lol:

but something weird happened during the match

J.Zanetti was booked twice and not sent off hahahah

I guess thats fate, we had to win !

i dont mean to dis Inter but...

Inter just keep winning all the pre-season matches and tournments the useless ones maybe Copa Italia, but when the season starts they fall down. real champions like Milan :D only go after the big titles Serie A , CL.

the game was good but Trez goal is 100% not offside.

i dont mean to dis Inter but...

Inter just keep winning all the pre-season matches and tournments the useless ones maybe Copa Italia, but when the season starts they fall down. real champions like Milan :D only go after the big titles Serie A , CL.

the game was good but Trez goal is 100% not offside.

I fancy talking about Del Piero.
What are other people's thoughts on the guy? Do you think he should leave this summer? Do a Roberto Baggio and go to a smaller club to refind his form and become a club talisman?
I could see him doing that. Perhaps he could go somewhere like Pama, Siena, Fiorentina or Livorno where the pressure would be off. At the moment he's just not on the ball at Juventus. Did anyone see his missed chance against Inter?

I dont think Fiorentina need him at the moment. Theyve basically bought themselves a very competetive team. Toni-Bojinov upfront is quite a lovely attack force for any Italian team.

Padova is where Del Piero needs to go, back to his roots :D

Fox soccer channel is going to show Serie A games starting this year!

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!

You never know, Del Piero might prove his worth again jsut like at the end of last season, he had great games when Trezeguet was injured.
Mayeb he should wait be4 leaving.

Livorno beat Lecce in the season opener 2-1, Lucarelli scored his first in attempt to defend his top scorer title, but that may be disrupted as Newcastle and Tottenham are up trying to sign him be4 Wednesday.

IN the other game Fioretina beat Sampdoria 2-1, with Toni on fire scoring the second and creating the first.

Very strong fiorentina. Very attacking, with PRandelli there, theyre gunna go far.

Yeah i hope so too, because maybe he wont be assured first team football if he leaves, he needs to keep on scoring for Livorno and has to keep in mind the World Cup, hope he gets the call for the Azzuri in the world cup. Imagine Lucarelli and Gila with Totti behind them !

Professor Nutmeg said:
I fancy talking about Del Piero.
What are other people's thoughts on the guy? Do you think he should leave this summer? Do a Roberto Baggio and go to a smaller club to refind his form and become a club talisman?
I could see him doing that. Perhaps he could go somewhere like Pama, Siena, Fiorentina or Livorno where the pressure would be off. At the moment he's just not on the ball at Juventus. Did anyone see his missed chance against Inter?

Though it'd be a sad moment, it might be best for Del Piero to leave. A club like Sampdoria might do him good. There was talk of DP leaving for Milan, but that was media thrash. It wouldn't do him much good anyway, with Shevchenko, Gilardino and Vieri ahead of him. It'd be the same as Zlatan, Trezeguet and Mutu/Cassano ahead of Del Piero at Juventus.

Remember though, Baggio himself went to Milan and Inter before he went to smaller clubs(bologna and brescia).
One problem about Del Piero joining smaller clubs is his wages, and he still loves juventus so it might be hard for him to accept such a move. On the other hand he desperately wants to go to the wc06. Personally, I think he could still offer a lot to juve(despite that terrible miss against Inter), though Capello doesn't seem like giving him that chance. Especially with the likely arrival of his protege Cassano.

If Del Piero leaves, best for him would be to do it this season. I fear, next season may be too late for him.

About Samp-Fiorentina. Fiore was simply excellent, great crossing and some imaginitive play.

I hope C. Lucarelli stays in Serie A. I want to see him banging them in for Livorno. I personally think that if he moves to the Premiership, it could hurt his WC chances.

Good point DD. I think i'd just like to see DP at a (smaller) club where he's playing every game for the full 90 mins.

Last edited:

Free of all the pressure and media attention at a smaller club, we might see a 'new' Del Piero.

Ascoli 1-1 AC Milan :applause:
Internazionale 3-0 Treviso
Lazio 1-0 Messina
Parma 1-1 Palermo
Reggina 0-3 Roma
Siena 2-1 Cagliari
Udinese 1-0 Empoli

Adriano hat-trick tht guy is sensational!! Anyone no where i cud see the goals, any weblinks? 8)

Killswitch said:
Adriano hat-trick tht guy is sensational!! Anyone no where i cud see the goals, any weblinks? 8)

you can always go to their website and look at the goals, they always post them after the match (serie A matches only and coppa otalia).

http://www.inter.it/aas/hp?L=enhttp://www.inter.it/en

on the left you can see their latest matches, under the latest match click on ratings, then a window wil open , then click on goals.

Forza Juve!

Killswitch said:

If he'd score on a third of his chances and pass occasionally he'd be sensational!

Thanks dudes

Theres a few rumours flying around linking City with Del Piero sounds a bit beyond us for me, but is there anything in them?

U m ean Mancherster City ?
Even if they did try to sign him, i dont think they can meet his wage demands and he as Del Piero dont hink he wants to leave the Serie A.

Who says footballers get payed too much? I thought this was interesting. Quite amazing actually, as most players would reject such an offer and look elsewhere for more money.

Tommasi Pens Minimum Wage Deal

Damiano Tommasi has signed a new one-year contract at Roma which will amazingly net him only £1,000 a month.
The midfielder was a free agent this summer after his previous multi-million pound agreement expired in June.
But Tommasi has penned a new one-year deal with the outfit worth around £1,070 a month, which is equivalent to the minimum wage allowed by the Italian Football Federation.
The former Italian international, who missed most of last season with knee ligament damage, is seen as a model professional in the Italian game.
The 31-year-old is widely recognised as a true gentleman and has distinguished himself in the past with his charity work.
Tommasi joined the Giallorossi in 1996 from Verona and his gesture will be welcomed by the fans, whose club are still dealing with financial difficulties.

What a nice chap.

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Tommasi On Minimum Wage)

Professor Nutmeg they are now doing Serie A highlights and matches on Bravo (Sky: 124)....if you didn't know.

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Tommasi On Minimum Wage)

Professor Nutmeg said:
I did know that, thanks ;) with wisecracking old James Richardson.
His quip about the "conflict of interests" in the piece about Collina was great. 8)

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Italy mourns 'Il Professore' Scoglio)

Italy mourns 'Il Professore' Scoglio

The Italian football world was in shock last night when former Genoa Coach Franco Scoglio died of a heart attack on live television.

The tactician was in the midst of a telephone debate with current club patron Enrico Preziosi on local station Primo Canale when he collapsed. The transmission was immediately suspended and paramedics called, but they could not resuscitate him.

The 64-year-old was a legend in the Italian game and had perhaps his greatest success at his beloved Genoa, a side he took from Serie B to the top flight in the late 1980s. In recent years Scoglio – known as Il Professore – had been heavily involved in African football and Coached both the Tunisian and Libyan national sides.

He returned to Genoa in February 2001, leaving Tunisia on the verge of qualifying for the World Cup, rescuing them from relegation. His other experiences in Italy were at Reggina, Messina, Bologna, Udinese, Lucchese, Pescara, Torino, Cosenza, Ancona and most recently Napoli.

“He was having a civil debate with Preziosi and it was an exchange of opinions between two passionate people,” explained Primo Canale director Mario Paternostro. “The presenter noticed there was a problem and terminated the programme immediately. Medics intervened, but there was nothing we could do. Scoglio had asked to be on the show to discuss Genoa, a side he had always supported.”

Thousands of Genoa fans flocked to the Primo Canale studios last night to pay their respects and tributes have been flooding in.

“I am distraught,” said Livorno President Aldo Spinelli, who was in charge of Genoa during Scoglio’s reign. “This man had the Genoa colours in his soul. He was a genuine person who would tell you exactly what he thought. This is a tragedy.”

Former Rossoblu striker Thomas Skuhravy added, “This is just incredible and I can’t believe it. I only spoke to him a month ago and it’s a terrible blow. I was only with him for 18 months, but it was enough to know a great man and someone who really understood football. He was Il Professore.”

Re: "Serie A" Thread (Italy mourns 'Il Professore' Scoglio)

Was watching it live..... sucks. This guy was very open to criticizing. He died while he was basically yelling at Preziosi for ruining Genoa by cheating.

Hes always on the football show on sundays, which is like "The Premiership" in the UK, and always has the guts to criticize players or coaches or the way players play.

Back
Top Bottom