PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Very true, there must be a way to combine both stats and manual controls because this fully 100% control makes players when it comes to passing, crossing and shooting.
A middle ground should be found

Or maybe (I think it's a solution that probably will make also the "100% manual enthusiasts" agree at a certain point) they can do it this way: the "pass accuracy" should only influence "wrong" passes made by the user. I'll make an example with the 3 players mentioned above to show you how it works..

CASE 1: You play a perfect pass (but it has to be 100% perfect):
Kakà does a perfect pass, Molinaro does a perfect pass, Kalambay does a perfect pass
CASE 2: You play a quite perfect pass:
Kakà misses it by 0,1 metres, Molinaro misses it by 0,25 metres, Kalambay misses it by 0,5 metres
CASE 3: You play an average pass:
Kakà misses it by 0,5 metres, Molinaro misses it by 1 metre, Kalambay misses it by 1,5 metres
CASE 4: You play a poor pass:
Kakà misses it by 1 metre, Molinaro misses it by 2 metres, Kalambay misses it by 3 metres

I was thinking about this even before, but.. How can you define when a pass is "perfect" if you have 100% control? You may decide to play a non-conventional pass that the CPU detects as "wrong" even if you really wanted to play it that way..

Yes, it's very tricky and not easy at all to implement..

I don't believe there are any studies on the subject, but in FIFA the manual controls do rely on the stats to a certain point. I've got the impression that passes in the back line goes right (as in on the player, not a bit behind him etc.) more when I use a strong side, and that they tend to go slightly wrong when being a weaker side. It's the same with shots, in Bordeaux in Clubs Gourcuff really seperates himself from the pack with his shots from distance. It isn't super obvious but I actually think the balance in FIFA 09 is pretty accurate. You do get some help in certain situations, but it never feels like it's not you who screwed up (alright, with the 'one-touch-bug' it does) or played a perfect pass.

I do enjoy typing "Welovepes" into Google only to be asked if I meant "Welovepets"

At least he got a decent amount of hits on the site...

I am bemused how they are STILL churning out what seems to be the same game year on year and people still buy it!

I used to get all the old WE/PES/J League games and think each one was incredible...I look back and think WTF :LOL:

Meh, Fair enough, WENB are good at what they do
*giggles his way back to the FIFA thread*

Damn Badgerman you are really funny LOL
Anyway, let's get serious for a moment: the first pic of the site he posted really shows it all..

Forget the player with a cat head on the background that isn't really interesting.. The real big news is.. Women World Cup got an official license!! And you can clearly see it from the player close-up in the first pic: it's clearly a WOMAN!!

Five days waiting for nothing GREAT!:BYE::BEER:
Curl up and die then?

Seriously mate, what difference does it make to you? Konami decided to reveal everything at games-com. Big deal?

Its only week and half away. Chill til then. I'd say enjoy the fake list til then ;)

Last edited:

Wow, if Adam thinks that the new J.league gameplay looks spot on and he loves it, then, at least for me, it difficult to trust his judgement. Saying that, I think if others also think PES 2010 is good, I guess it's alright to be optimistic about this version.

Curl up and die then?

Seriously mate, what difference does it make to you? Konami decided to reveal everything at games-com. Big deal?

Its only week and half away. Chill til then. I'd say enjoy the fake list til then ;)

Maybe not "BIG" deal mate but only 5 days waiting for super extra news:))which proved to be :FAIL:

Curl up and die then?

Agree with Lami

There is no need for peeps to get all wound up about there not being news, although it can be frustrating when you think its coming but hey, there is always beer, women, mates,real football and a job to think about.

I'm happy admiring the fake list for now though;)

Maybe not "BIG" deal mate but only 5 days waiting for super extra news:))which proved to be :FAIL:

It ain't proved fail yet since nothing has been revealed. Wait til gamescom then you can decide whether its an epic fail or not ;)

Apparently mrbamber from PESFan is really enjoying it.

From MrBamber(Twitter):

"Got about 15 hrs play time in with PES 2010 now, every hour finding new things to get excited about"

Also from Eurogamer's twitter

euroganerheader.jpg

"DIFFERENCE IS QUITE DRAMATIC"

Can only mean the animations are in his build IMO. This is a great indication that we will pleasently surprised come gamescom.

In a wierd way i sort of want good PES info to come out later rather than sooner heh.

I don't care about the game the same because of previous efforts for the PS3 so if towards the end of August/early Sept there is tonnes of info that finally proves that Konami have got it right with PES 2010 then it's going to be a nice bonus only having to wait a month or so til i can get the game.

A demo in good time would be nice this year though. I already know i want the Batman game on the strength of the nice demo they put out so something worthwhile for PES 2010 would get the moths out of my wallet.

"DIFFERENCE IS QUITE DRAMATIC"

Can only mean the animations are in his build IMO. This is a great indication that we will pleasently surprised come gamescom.

well it couldnt be any worse than 09

Back
Top Bottom