PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Oh trust me, we will, and have. Just like 90% of Fifa players probably did when they realised it doesnt quite work.

Also, like we have said many, many times. The option of fully manual controls takes away for the most part the real need to have any statistical individualism players may have, or may not, depending on which game you prefer.
b.s. if your not drunk as a skunk, or have attention defeciet disorder with hyperactivity then, manual is for you. It takes time and practice. People who go back dont practice or it give it enough time. And i have no idea what manual has to do with strength, size, speed, shot power, and quickness. Ronaldo is still fast on manual, vidic is still strong. It is much better then the ping pong that fifa assisted and PES plays(i do think PES is scripted for mistakes, which is good and bad) fifa does not seem to be. If you enjoy unrealistic one touch flick ons that go 30 yrads on the ground, then stick to your assited NFL HITZ type football game

Why I think that? Well, mostly becuase a lot of people is expecting PES2008 to be a miracle. I have yet to see a game changing that much by one year of development.

I guess you are talking about PES2010.
Problem is you are assuming that this is in development one year. I really doubt that only year is needed to develop something good. You are doing assumptions with nothing to base them. I at least doubt about it.

If you are not optimistic, fine, just dont assume things without any proof other than your own imagination...

2008 will live on in infamy...

Not for me, thanks to PES 2008 I won a PS3 (which I sold since I already got one) and almost an LCD TV (fucking Stankovic :D). I am being sarcastic, PES 2008 was a terrible game (but the other part is true :D)

Supposed details regarding the new Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 title have been leaked from a recent playtest in Europe.
Gameplay:

Brand new motion captured animation sets for all areas such as running, passing, shooting, tackling, goalkeeping etc. Even the ball and nets have been motion captured to enhance the realism of the new title.

Player movement is one of the biggest fundamental changes the gameplay formula this year. PES 2010 now incorporates 360 degree movement for the players allowing greater control than ever before. 360 degree movement had been tested before, but due to time constraints, a smaller development team and the previous animation set it was very hard to incorporate.

Off the ball movement is much better now. Players make better off the ball runs into open space when attacking, and backtrack into key defensive zone positions. All of this can be initiated by a push of the button. Similar to the Wii in this respect. Can also be done during set pieces.

Substitutes on the bench now actually look like your selected substitutes. No longer randomly generated characters. Also have a nice warm up animation on the sideline before coming on.

Invisible wall for throw-ins has now gone.

Manual passing now has an option to be used on the X/A button instead of the right analog stick.

Due to the game incorporating 360 degree control the analog stick will be the only option of player movement. The new advanced on-the-fly tactics system will now be done on the d-pad. One of the biggest changes to the game ever.

Game speed is slower and more realistic.

Graphics:

Graphics have been completely redone. Lighting is fantastic both during daytime, dusk and night. Kits show the different styles of fabric. Grass is better looking. Stadiums offer far more detail and the crowd now move far more and are extremely vocal.

Sweat can be seen on players as the match progresses. In rain matches kits get wet and dirty.

Easily the best looking football game to date.

Master League:

Now incorporates both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League fully.

As a result divisions are now country by country and have a better structure. Would not have made sense to have pan-European leagues as its the same as the cups then.

Real currency is now used.

Transfer system has been improved as well as other areas however it was not seen due to the build being only 55% complete.

It is unknown if the UEFA Super Cup is in or not.

Edit Mode:

Not much is known. More slots for new teams, jpeg photos for kits and chant files. Boot editor is back.

Other:

Online has been worked on extensively. Using PES 6 system as its foundation and built upon greatly.

New lobby system.

No Konami ID login.

Better matchmaking, and easier to play with friends.

2v2 is in. Playing with more than 2v2 is highlighted. Possibility for 10v10 perhaps. Will be revealed by Konami later.

PES Shop is back along with classic teams, players and World XI and Europe XI.

Other game modes to be discussed later. BAL and Legends mode has been worked on. Will be show in the near future.

More stadiums than ever before. Anfield is now licensed.

More licensed teams and leagues than before incorporating more South American, Asian and African teams also.

No more sandbags on goals and new goalkeeper gloves.

Last edited:

If it does turn out to be real...

"As a result divisions are now country by country and have a better structure. Would not have made sense to have pan-European leagues as its the same as the cups then".

Thats weird. It is the same fake list that was posted by Pat last month. I posted a link to it yesterday too.

Hope that fake list turns out to be true though, even if some would still argue how can nets be mocapped goddammit. :P

Fantastic Friday?
Looks like the big news is hitting tomorrow, with no press release sent through today. Been scouring the internet and it seems no one is too clued up on the day Konami will release the megaton, so it's a case of sitting and waiting.

Also, no idea if the news will be put back until Gamescom. We'll know if thats the case if it doesn't come tomorrow, although I'm still positive it hits this week.

Stay tuned.

http://welovepes.blogspot.com/2009/08/fantastic-friday.html

Fantastic Friday?
Looks like the big news is hitting tomorrow, with no press release sent through today. Been scouring the internet and it seems no one is too clued up on the day Konami will release the megaton, so it's a case of sitting and waiting.

Also, no idea if the news will be put back until Gamescom. We'll know if thats the case if it doesn't come tomorrow, although I'm still positive it hits this week.

Stay tuned.

http://welovepes.blogspot.com/2009/08/fantastic-friday.html

That seems to be another rumor based on nothing.
It's becoming annoying... I guess we will have to wait 'till Gameconf and/or embargo end for something REAL.

No matter if it has super next-gen graphics, no matter if it has ultra-realistic licenses even for the ankle tapes, and no matter whether it has sandbags or not.

For me, the game would be perfect with these additions:

- It finally seems they have managed to sort animations out.. Good news I must say but I won't say a word about that until I see also how GKs react. And well, if motion capture is necessary for fixing also those broken GK animations, I welcome also motion capture

- More freedom of control: if I decide to put the ball there, you cpu HAVE to put it there (at least, near there depending on the player's skills) unless I do something wrong with the controls. I'm tired of those cpu-driven passes that always go nowhere near the place I wanted them to go. They feel broken!!
The new control scheme includes also a new FK system: come on, a power bar should measure how powerful a shot is, not how high it is (and bear in mind it was implemented in ISS98 for N64)!!
Why can't I fire a powerful FK at the bottom corner for example? Using the "circle plus down arrow" thing (like I used to do in PES6) is weird!! Also, I would like to have more control on the wall and be able to move the keeper maybe when I defend against a FK..

- This leads to a better IA (especially when it comes to player running in the empty spaces): if I put a perfect pass but no one is there to reach it, it's useless that you let me play a pass exactly where I want..

- And well, if I'm allowed to make another request, I'd say a deeper edit mode. I'd like to add some lower division teams for example to play ML and BAL against, and they'll have to be as realistic as possible.
I don't ask KONAMI to add lower leagues for the 4 "big" championships, but at least a "blank" list where you can add, let me say, from 1 to 50 teams of your choice being able either to edit kits from the editor or to load them from a png image.

Then, once fixed these key areas of the game (notice I'm not asking for 360° movement at least at this stage) we can concentrate on details such having realistic nets behaviour or good menus or more licenses..

- More freedom of control: if I decide to put the ball there, you cpu HAVE to put it there (at least, near there depending on the player's skills) unless I do something wrong with the controls. I'm tired of those cpu-driven passes that always go nowhere near the place I wanted them to go. They feel broken!!.
I highlighted the most important part in manual passing, because I for one hate the full manual control of FIFA09, where all the players suddenly have the exact same passing and shooting accuracy attributes...

b.s. if your not drunk as a skunk, or have attention defeciet disorder with hyperactivity then, manual is for you. It takes time and practice. People who go back dont practice or it give it enough time. And i have no idea what manual has to do with strength, size, speed, shot power, and quickness. Ronaldo is still fast on manual, vidic is still strong.

LOL. Thats funny.

I aint repeating myself again. It's broke, they both are, both games. As for how does manual effect stats ? Well it takes the likes of the Beckhams, Gerrard's, Xavi's passing abilities completely out of the game.

Back on topic, I'm beginning to think that this 'Fake' list maybe not as fake as first thought.

I highlighted the most important part in manual passing, because I for one hate the full manual control of FIFA09, where all the players suddenly have the exact same passing and shooting accuracy attributes...

Bingo !!

Maybe the option to have both manual and stat based passing, shooting, is the way forward, if implemented correctly.

yea thats true because you yourself have total control of passing and shooting,. how can you implement stat based attributes for manual control? wouldnt that defeat the purpose of full manual control over your players? for example you wont have full control as the AI will determine how good your passing/shooting accuracy is not you yourself which is basicly semi controls not manual controlling a player.

Please explain to me how adding stats will work on manual control

yea thats true because you yourself have total control of passing and shooting,. how can you implement stat based attributes for manual control? wouldnt that defeat the purpose of full manual control over your players? for example you wont have full control as the AI will determine how good your passing/shooting accuracy is not you yourself which is basicly semi controls not manual controlling a player.

Please explain to me how adding stats will work on manual control

Sure. Manual passing should be about choosing exactly where you "want" the ball to go, not to dictate exactly where the ball eventually goes. The final execution should depend on the attributes of the player you're controlling.

So for instance, controlling Ronaldo, if you aim at the top right corner, it goes there with high accuracy... if you use a really bad player and do the same, it will go somewhere in a bigger circle surrounding and including that spot you've chosen. Which is why only good players have highly accurate passes, with a lower rate of mis-passes.

Before manual 360 control, you'd choose one of 8 directions, and the CPU would control where the ball goes in that direction (to the closest player in that direction for instance). However, in manual control, you choose exactly where you want, from all 360 degrees, and the accuracy of this pass will be dictated by the attributes of the passer.

Last edited:

how can you choose exactly where you want the ball to go if the AI will either fuck it up for you based on the players stats or make your poor pass magicly go to the player?

for me if i apply the correct pressure and direction of a pass, it should land to that intended place and not depend on wether the players stats is good or not FOR that perfectly pressed/directed pass i just executed. defeats the purpose of full blown manual passing/shooting imo

how can you choose exactly where you want the ball to go if the AI will either fuck it up for you based on the players stats or make your poor pass magicly go to the player?

for me if i apply the correct pressure and direction of a pass, it should land to that intended place and not depend on wether the players stats is good or not FOR that perfectly pressed/directed pass i just executed. defeats the purpose of full blown manual passing/shooting imo

So passing and shooting with Ronaldo would produce a pass/shot exactly as accurate as a pass/shot executed by a sub in a 3rd division team? That's hardly realistic man.

The AI won't fuck it up. It's just that the laws of probability will produce more/less misses than hits with the pass/shot according to the player you're controlling.

It's not like players in real soccer INTENTIONALLY do a miss-pass. What happens is that they "want" the ball to go in a certain direction, but it won't go in that exact direction because of a defect in their concentration/abilities.

Think of it like a first person shooter where the X mark is continuously swaying around the target. With Ronaldo, the X would sway less, and always stay close to the target, and vice versa with a player with very poor attributes. That doesn't mean that the poor player will always miss the target. You can point your gun anywhere you want, but that doesn't mean your bullet will hit the target with precise accuracy. It could lead to a kill, a near kill, or a miss. It's just that a poor player won't strike a pass to the exact targeted direction as often, accurate or as frequent as the top player.

Last edited:

its tricky with the manual passing, maybe have the power bar go up really fast/slow based on how good the player is at passing. Any other way to really not cripple a player but not have all players pass with the same ability?

Othe things like balance, which foot and if under pressure should play a big part too, some players can still pass could under other factors.

Last edited:

its tricky with the manual passing, maybe have the power bar go up really fast/slow based on how good the player is at passing. Any other way to really not cripple a player but not have all players pass with the same ability?

Othe things like balance, which foot and if under pressure should play a big part too, some players can still pass could under other factors.

It's tricky, no argument there. About your second point, that is the case in FIFA already. It might not be super obvious, but then again, it isn't in real life either (not so that you think about it without looking for it).

Once you go manual, you'll never be able to go back..

I tried it, found it a dull, soulless experience and quickly went back to semi-assisted. For the reasons Jimmy said:

Jimmy G-Force said:
Oh trust me, we will, and have. Just like 90% of Fifa players probably did when they realised it doesnt quite work.

Also, like we have said many, many times. The option of fully manual controls takes away for the most part the real need to have any statistical individualism players may have, or may not, depending on which game you prefer.

Why can't some people accept that manual controls aren't for everyone and those that use them are in a small minority?

Back
Top Bottom