PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Exactly, saying it's "drastically better" than 09 doesn't mean anything really considering how bad 09 was! Most football games have been drastically better than PES 09...

well it couldnt be any worse than 09
Wait, they could have developed it basing on PES 2008 :SMUG:

Joking of course.. I'm really looking forward to see this, to be honest.. Way more than I was looking forward for 09!!

Agree with Lami

There is no need for peeps to get all wound up about there not being news, although it can be frustrating when you think its coming but hey, there is always beer, women, mates,real football and a job to think about.

I'm happy admiring the fake list for now though;)

Spot on mate when you put it like that this konami lark pales into insignificance. ;)

eurogamer >> . >>
said : "its better than 2009"

hmmm
how ugly :(

.. .. .. ..
well all pes series frm pes1 to pes7 is better than pes2009

sounds so bad for me :(

Exactly, saying it's "drastically better" than 09 doesn't mean anything really considering how bad 09 was! Most football games have been drastically better than PES 09...

Does not say drastically better!!! he says its drastically different, which indicates that the animation may well be in which is a good sign IMO that it runs differently to the last gen engine before this build.

I really hate game reviews that start by saying: "The game is definitely better than last year's!" I mean.... DUUUHH. So it's not a worse game that plays worse offering worse graphics?? What a relief.

But then again, I'd like to think that the magic word was "DRAMATIC". You see, eurogamer said last month that the game looked and played similar to PES2009... that there was an intense familiarity... but now they're saying that the change is: DRAMATIC. So, possibly very reassuring...

PS - I also hate "It's out favorite PES yet!"... that kind of talk should make you really worry.

Last edited:

I think people are forgetting that PES 2008 received 8/10 from Eurogamer. That says it all to me and haven't trusted a thing they've said since.

Some of you are being too pessimistic, there is no objectivity in your posts

Eurogamer says:"Difference is quite dramatic" and you answer
"Well, but saying it's "drastically better" than 09 doesn't mean anything really considering how bad 09 was"

Honestly, i don't understand

What do they have to say to make you happy?

Nothing, because people have their own ideas on PES2010 and won't see any good in it.
My anticipation for this game is growing all the time. Roll on Gamescom

Nothing, because people have their own ideas on PES2010 and won't see any good in it.
My anticipation for this game is growing all the time. Roll on Gamescom

Agreed

I have this niggling feeling its going to be a great game for the first time since next gen launched. I'm not buying the hype I'm listening to talk of change and that is a big difference.

Taking a step back from the PES build-up provides a nice bit of time for contemplation.

This year we've seen Konami finally, after a decade of begging, take note of what the community wants. This is something that I thought would never happen, Konami seemed to be running PES akin to how the FIA regulate F1 - in that no matter how hard they try, fans keep coming back. So that's something beneficial in the long run.

For these past few years we've seen people say that FIFA is the only next-gen football game. For me, this sums up what a piss-poor state the football game market has been in. For the best game in a market to be labelled as... suitable for its generation always sounded a bit odd to me. The joy of PES on the PS2 was that you felt you were playing a game that felt way too advanced for the technology it was played upon. Which is where the problem lies for me, we were told that PES was hitting technological barriers around PES3/4. I connected the dots from this to mean that they were begining to develop with the next generation in mind, so that they have a headstart on the new wave of technology.

Obviously there was a fuck up somewhere.

There's little point lamenting on how poor 2008/2009 were because you can click on any of the pages in this thread and find some angry words with some angry emoticons informing you of how the illuminati colluded to give PES 2008 8/10 instead of 0.

I wouldn't say that there is a raging fanboy inside of me, as I am a casual gamer at best, but I do eagerly anticipate each PES game - Primarily for the fact that if any game is capable of disintegrating our socks, it's the one that filled my underwear back in the day. Fifa's current position as the best football game is a bit of a hollow one really, it's almost anticlimatic in a sense. Following PES from the PS1 days was almost like an underdog story, we followed the little game that could as it reached a crescendo with one of the greatest games of all time (PES5/6, both could apply I guess). PES triumphing over Fifa for me was like the Man Utd Vs Bayern CL final, it was the bomb diggity.

Right now, Fifa's recent victory feels like a Johnstone's Paint Trophy Semi Final (first leg), where one of the teams arrived with 3 players, one of which missing a leg. Simply put, PES hasn't turned up. One day they will muster together some of the left over nuggets of joy and churn out the game we've been waiting for.

all you guys make such a big deal
its just a fricken game
and to me all of them seem fine once their all patched up
too much whiners here

Taking a step back from the PES build-up provides a nice bit of time for contemplation.

This year we've seen Konami finally, after a decade of begging, take note of what the community wants. This is something that I thought would never happen, Konami seemed to be running PES akin to how the FIA regulate F1 - in that no matter how hard they try, fans keep coming back. So that's something beneficial in the long run.

For these past few years we've seen people say that FIFA is the only next-gen football game. For me, this sums up what a piss-poor state the football game market has been in. For the best game in a market to be labelled as... suitable for its generation always sounded a bit odd to me. The joy of PES on the PS2 was that you felt you were playing a game that felt way too advanced for the technology it was played upon. Which is where the problem lies for me, we were told that PES was hitting technological barriers around PES3/4. I connected the dots from this to mean that they were begining to develop with the next generation in mind, so that they have a headstart on the new wave of technology.

Obviously there was a fuck up somewhere.

There's little point lamenting on how poor 2008/2009 were because you can click on any of the pages in this thread and find some angry words with some angry emoticons informing you of how the illuminati colluded to give PES 2008 8/10 instead of 0.

I wouldn't say that there is a raging fanboy inside of me, as I am a casual gamer at best, but I do eagerly anticipate each PES game - Primarily for the fact that if any game is capable of disintegrating our socks, it's the one that filled my underwear back in the day. Fifa's current position as the best football game is a bit of a hollow one really, it's almost anticlimatic in a sense. Following PES from the PS1 days was almost like an underdog story, we followed the little game that could as it reached a crescendo with one of the greatest games of all time (PES5/6, both could apply I guess). PES triumphing over Fifa for me was like the Man Utd Vs Bayern CL final, it was the bomb diggity.

Right now, Fifa's recent victory feels like a Johnstone's Paint Trophy Semi Final (first leg), where one of the teams arrived with 3 players, one of which missing a leg. Simply put, PES hasn't turned up. One day they will muster together some of the left over nuggets of joy and churn out the game we've been waiting for.

Simply a brilliant post. Nothing to add.:WORSHIP:

Agreed

I have this niggling feeling its going to be a great game for the first time since next gen launched. I'm not buying the hype I'm listening to talk of change and that is a big difference.

Too true. I'm trying to distance myself in a sense but the anticipation is overwhelming. Konami have on paper done enough to convince me to spend my money on their title. I just need a few more videos to buy into it completely.

@badgerman your posts are poetry. Don't stay away so long man.

eurogamer >> . >>
said : "its better than 2009"

hmmm
how ugly :(

.. .. .. ..
well all pes series frm pes1 to pes7 is better than pes2009

sounds so bad for me :(

Obi, did you motion capture your Avatar off Messi being humanly controlled by a PES 2009 online ranked player by any chance ?

I agree. Those animations look great once patched up on my Xbox360.

Yep, as fluid as Phillip Fluidman, who won the annual Fluidity award for 5 years running.

Yep, its the lowest form of wit, but it still makes me laugh. Go figure.

Bodger, that's the post of a fan boy BTW long winded analogy with a big FIFA put down at the end = ... ;)

Well I actually play Fifa over PES these days, so I feel that I now have a perch to preach from, oh yes.

When PES was good, it was as if you were with Scarlett Johansson. Damn.

With this new Fifa it's kind of a slightly overweight Megan Fox with a slim prosthetic leg and a fat real leg accompanied with a gammy eye. She also happens to be a mute. In short, admittedly there's something special there, but you can't help but look at it with a bit of disdain.

It might sound a bit weird but the long shots in PES were one of the elements that grabbed me by the goolies and really struck a chord with me. They were reliant on distance, angle, power, swerve and conditions - it posed a great challenge that could result in the ball either flying wide or crashing in off the crossbar. What got me was that when they came off, they looked real, which is the holy grail for footy sim fans.

Long shots in Fifa seem much more methodical to me. Get in position X, apply the power, ball goes in. I did enjoy Fifa, I just found that it turned me into a robot.

I wish the Dreamcast was still about with that Virtua Striker game. Even though it was an arcade game it had a few pretty nifty features; long shots were groovetastic and there was even a rating system in place to judge your goals (goals over 500 points got a rainbow trail!)

Personally I disagree with the fun = arcade, simulation = unggg idea. PES5/6 was able to mix them both so I'm going to sit here and wait for my cake to arrive so I can eat it
emotcolbert.gif

Well I actually play Fifa over PES these days, so I feel that I now have a perch to preach from, oh yes.

When PES was good, it was as if you were with Scarlett Johansson. Damn.

With this new Fifa it's kind of a slightly overweight Megan Fox with a slim prosthetic leg and a fat real leg accompanied with a gammy eye. She also happens to be a mute. In short, admittedly there's something special there, but you can't help but look at it with a bit of disdain.

Pure badgerism :LOL: :APPLAUD:

Im sure FIFA will be a far better experience this year, there seems to be no doubt abot that.

But like badger was eluding to, the experience is somewhat robotic and methodical, which after time produces a stale, souless affair, none more so than when you hit the back of the onion bag.

There is no power, no weight and nowhere near the variety and scrambled goals I enjoyed on a console that had only a 1/3rd the power.

PES keeps us intrigued with each new version because we know it has the ability to be something very special if the dev team can make use of the new power available. I think 2010 is the year it produces something close to the experience of PES3 & 5 with the enhanced graphics, animation and overall gameplay.

If I can have those wow moments i had in PES5 whilst admiring meaty graphics and super smooth, FIFA like animations then its just going to be awesome. It does not sound alot to ask for but it clearly is a huge challenge because I have seen 3 years of utter rubbish from Konami and heard a ton of lies and bias, it just seems to be far more real in respect of stuff we are being told. There are still bits of the old Konami with silly Taxi stories from the gameplay director but also alot more communication with the fans of the series.

Its funny but this is make or break for me. If they produce a game that is similar to any of the shit previously labelled next gen then I doubt i'll bother looking at another PES game again, not because of pride or spite but purely down to the fact that they will have proved that they do not have the talent, budget or inclination to produce an outstanding peice of work worthy of my £40.

It's a big year for PES as FIFA evolves, its an opportunity to grab a huge chunk of ground, win back some respect and provide a "real" alternative to what has become a half decent alternative.

I'm not too worried though as this looks like the year IMO.

I don't believe Badger is playing FIFA after months of taking the piss out of anyone who dared suggest it was a viable alternative!

Hopefully we get two great games this year but I get the feeling that PES still won't satisfy me because of how automatic it will still be - not that I think that's a "bad" thing, people can argue that makes the game a better simulation because the best footballers *do* make things seem automatic. But I'm part of the camp that thinks if you want it to be that automatic, you may as well set both teams to CPU and watch. I want to be in control of everything and if I make a balls-up with a world class player then - guess what - that's why I'm playing the game, to make balls-ups and to do great things as well.

So I'm really glad there's two different games with two different angles. :D

I don't believe Badger is playing FIFA after months of taking the piss out of anyone who dared suggest it was a viable alternative!

Hopefully we get two great games this year but I get the feeling that PES still won't satisfy me because of how automatic it will still be - not that I think that's a "bad" thing, people can argue that makes the game a better simulation because the best footballers *do* make things seem automatic. But I'm part of the camp that thinks if you want it to be that automatic, you may as well set both teams to CPU and watch. I want to be in control of everything and if I make a balls-up with a world class player then - guess what - that's why I'm playing the game, to make balls-ups and to do great things as well.

So I'm really glad there's two different games with two different angles. :D

FIFA also feels automatic to me aswell though Chris. Alot of it still feels on rails and also the response times dont do yo any favours when wanting to perform an action on screen.

The day any game produces a simulation that you completely control will be in another generation IMO.

Back
Top Bottom