PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Jimi im really really impressed fouls have never been an issue for you in ML.

For me... it all depends what version of the ML PES decides to load. I sometimes get free kicks all over the pitch, others none at all. weird thing is is that i only use one save so its not like im loading different saves with different players. It's the game, its like the old premier manager 97 on the megadrive... if you load it up and are winning dont turn it off because for the next 10 loads you will lose every game! haha.

They need to FIX game modes, if im using malicia skilled players i EXPECT free kicks and penalties when i see my players CLEARLY wiped out.
Yeah it seems everyone has different experiences with fouls, for me definately no complaints in this area, maybe it's the way I play and I invite the foul, don't get me wrong there are games where there just one or two fouls a game, but not heaps, most of the time AI hacks on average 6 fouls a game

Latest 1.05 update seems to be based off of 1.01 patch with some improvements here and there.

Finally somewhat playable again, coz the previous update, December 1.04 patch, was utterly trash (.......hyperactive defense reaction when dispossessed; huge catch-up bug; continuous last man dispossession; 180 passes; point-to-point manual passing without gradation; 50 yard long balls from weak stat players without drifting out of intended path; broken ball shielding; simplified collision; spammable L1+O; flattened stats...... to name a few).

Heard there's another update coming up next week? Hope they don't pull that 1.03 to 1.04 again, where they had 1.03 live for one week and then decided to go with the 1.04 trash.

1.05 right now feels based off of 1.01, with a slight bit more stat sensitivity (in manual play, anyway)

I think manual has definitely been tweaked..no more crazy crosses and advanced through ball is the same ..I've not seen any blazed off the pitch ..passing on manual feels much tighter ..AI seems a bit more forgiving too on professional ..anyway I like it

It's also about which ML you get. . for example if you started a new Ml you could do really badly and suffer heavy defeats. If you scrapped it and started again you could do quite well against the teams who have just beaten you . . . .start again and you could get tons of draws etc.
I guess this is what i mean, yeah its like ML's differ each load. It's rather frustrating.

Yeah it seems everyone has different experiences with fouls, for me definately no complaints in this area, maybe it's the way I play and I invite the foul, don't get me wrong there are games where there just one or two fouls a game, but not heaps, most of the time AI hacks on average 6 fouls a game

I totally play the way that SHOULD get fouls, my only success so far is passing the ball off just as they tackle, crap thing is that sometimes the ref waves play on whilst my player stands still holding the ball.

I guess this is what i mean, yeah its like ML's differ each load. It's rather frustrating.

I totally play the way that SHOULD get fouls, my only success so far is passing the ball off just as they tackle, crap thing is that sometimes the ref waves play on whilst my player stands still holding the ball.

Yeah the fouling system definately still needs work, huge progress from 16 tho, hopefully it's stepped up like that again in 18

Jimi its definitely a step up, i just feel its really inconsistent and penalties just dont exist!

On reading throught the comments regarding shot variety, are they referring to shots that are needed to guarantee a goal or the actualy animation of the player about to strike the ball?

Also can anyone confirm to me the Riquelme turn only works on players above 180cm and not pacey? as i cannot do it with quick or short players at all... though i THINK i did it with Deco on the Pes Uni file. The Riquelme turn for me when it engages is fantastic in evading and opening up for a shot.

Jimi its definitely a step up, i just feel its really inconsistent and penalties just dont exist!

On reading throught the comments regarding shot variety, are they referring to shots that are needed to guarantee a goal or the actualy animation of the player about to strike the ball?

Also can anyone confirm to me the Riquelme turn only works on players above 180cm and not pacey? as i cannot do it with quick or short players at all... though i THINK i did it with Deco on the Pes Uni file. The Riquelme turn for me when it engages is fantastic in evading and opening up for a shot.
Yeah the no fouls in the penalty box are the most frustrating for me as well, got to the point where I just have to accept it and should be sorted out in 18, I'm sure people have notified bhatti and co about that several times.
As for shot variety I was more referring to difference in power of shot between players, this latest patch has fixed that problem cos before I couldn't see the difference power all felt the same between players also for shot placement on manual it's been tweaked still not 100% but I can definately feel difference when I take a shot with dybala higuain compared to an very average player with a manual shot, as for type of shot a lot more of variety is needed which again I'm sure konami will have that sorted in 18 but for me konami did really well with this patch and il be turning off the internet on my PS4 so I don't get anyore updates cos il pissed if they stuff it up with the next update coming soon.

Im getting penalties for and against in the box, and they always solid penalties.

Refs are not an issue for me, they are quite fair overall.

Did see an amusing glitch where I'd score a goal and the game acted like it was a near miss, think that has happened once or twice in hundreds/ thousands of games.

Last edited:
Yeah the no fouls in the penalty box are the most frustrating for me as well, got to the point where I just have to accept it and should be sorted out in 18, I'm sure people have notified bhatti and co about that several times.
As for shot variety I was more referring to difference in power of shot between players, this latest patch has fixed that problem cos before I couldn't see the difference power all felt the same between players also for shot placement on manual it's been tweaked still not 100% but I can definately feel difference when I take a shot with dybala higuain compared to an very average player with a manual shot, as for type of shot a lot more of variety is needed which again I'm sure konami will have that sorted in 18 but for me konami did really well with this patch and il be turning off the internet on my PS4 so I don't get anyore updates cos il pissed if they stuff it up with the next update coming soon.
yes definitely, shot variation and power seems different now, as shots with different players can vary in power, the no penalty situation this has to be fixed its a joke when u are hassled and knocked down inside the box and there is no penalty, this is a joke and has to be fixed

yes definitely, shot variation and power seems different now, as shots with different players can vary in power, the no penalty situation this has to be fixed its a joke when u are hassled and knocked down inside the box and there is no penalty, this is a joke and has to be fixed

Ill be honest i only played about 20-30 games on manual but i still dont understand this variety based on skills thing there ... no offense.

Konami oh Konami

So I get this error message since the latest data pack

Downlaod file is broken CODE :SGJC427 and can't go online, do live update or go into myclub.

I log an issue on Konami support and they email to say they issue seems to be resolved minutes later. Check my Ps4 and it's not resolved

Answer the email as they request if it is not resolved and get a response immediately that they cannot accept the email as the inquiry is SOLVED

I then reissue the incident with a new incident number quoting the original incident number and they will now get back to me but have high volumes of issues Hahaha

If you keep fucking up enquiries and people have to repeat the exercise of course you will have high volumes... These cunts honestly.

Last month I booted the game up and suddenly got the error code CODE:SGJC395_0 and now I can't connect to any online mode, I contacted Konami support and they basically don't know what to do.

It's extremely annoying.

Came right yesterday but checkout Konami support response this morning. It's a joke tbh

Hello. Thank you for contacting KONAMI Customer Support.

Regarding your concern, please be informed that the error will appear if the downloaded Live Update File is corrupted.

If you have another connection that is different from the one you are currently using, it is possible that you can prevent this issue from happening again by downloading through that connection.

However, if you do not have any other connection lines, kindly try restarting your device/s such as modem, router and the like.

Should the issue still persist even after following the above-mentioned suggestions, please understand that the error code SGJC427 occurs due to the connection environment you are using.

Due to this, we regret to inform you that we do not have any additional information that we can share with regards to this matter.

Should you have any other concerns, please do note hesitate to contact us again.

We ask for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

Thank you for playing PES2017.

Best Regards,
KONAMI Customer Support Team

I player GTA online absolutely lag free this weekend so I doubt it's my connection. I wish they would take responsibility for their issues rather than blame.

Only £15.99.
Worth a punt with the new patch for single player? I still play MP with friends.

I sold my copy back in October, re-bought again for 1/4 the price this week. worth it to knock around some games... It still has some niggles here and there but at that price you'll get more than a day worth of enjoyment

As I am pretty busy these days, just a quick shout out to my lovely folks at evoweb:
PES2017 on PS4Pro hooked to my new 55'' Sony4k is EPIC!! Holy moly... what a graphical evolution.
C ya.

img_36107rs6i.jpg

Last edited:
anyone know why since the patch i cant log onto konami server? getting some test server error..PSN works fine as does kodi box etc

They're not accepting responsibility for it, instead their blaming users internet connections.

Whenever they go free to play and open myclub to the world you might as well stop trying to get online altogether.

Besides 3 days without being able to go online. Which they say was my connections fault regardless of the daily playing I didn prior to F2P I now find I get disconnected from games before a ball is kicked which NEVER happened before.

Last edited:
Since the last update i could not connect to myclub service, i always got the error code ICWP161. I bought the game via PSN on my PS4.
I deleted everything and re-downloaded the whole thing but nothing helped, always get the error code. So i mailed my problem to konami, but the only answer i got was that my internet connection was the problem?!? So i restarted my Router, tested LAN and WLAN connections and also connected via my mobile WLAN Hotspot to be sure its nothing ISP related. Nothing helped.

The solution was to rebuild the database on my PS4
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/11/rebuild-database-ps4/#/slide/1

Now i finally can play PES again. Thanks Konami for nothing.
I hope i could help somebody.

Loving this again.

PA1. Advanced Shooting. Four seasons into my Superstar level Master League in Serie A with my Benvento Calcion team that averages 81 overall, with many of those players developed frees (or loans I eventually bought) from when I was in Serie B; Castledine, Giorza starting evey game and Arcas still in the squad. I have Saul and Morata on loan but have them primarily to give development boosts and come off the bench.

Best footy game purchase I have made in years, even if not perfect. Just so much fun being had as a single player game.

Also started playing my master league again after a break for a few months and while this is the best pes for years it still needs a lot of tightening up in areas like generating too much power in shots and crosses from weird positions I also wish it felt heavier when controlling players i find it too lightweight if that makes sense?

Im suprised they improved a lot from 2016 offline (except the lighting and turf) Pes 2018 could potentially be the game we were expecting 10 years ago after PES 6

Playing yesterday I noticed how easy players find space. In the old games there was a stats called aggression which is about how likely a player is to run forward to attack. Now it seems like any player can find space easily, it's very robotic. Maybe it has to do with the defense/attack new feature but still tho it's very annoying. What makes it even worse is the times the AI intercept the passes, it's impossible to pass a beautiful ball, passing is so assisted and I just can't enjoy manual, they need to bring back the semi-Assist option.

This is the exact meaning of the stat Agression:

A player with a low Aggression rating will be more inclined to stick to his assigned position in a formation - And a player with high aggression wont!

Playing yesterday I noticed how easy players find space. In the old games there was a stats called aggression which is about how likely a player is to run forward to attack. Now it seems like any player can find space easily, it's very robotic. Maybe it has to do with the defense/attack new feature but still tho it's very annoying. What makes it even worse is the times the AI intercept the passes, it's impossible to pass a beautiful ball, passing is so assisted and I just can't enjoy manual, they need to bring back the semi-Assist option.

This is the exact meaning of the stat Agression:

A player with a low Aggression rating will be more inclined to stick to his assigned position in a formation - And a player with high aggression wont!

You're probably right but I always thought aggression meant a Roy Keane type tackler winning balls in midfield and defense and setting up an attack .. I find the players with hole player attribute tend to get forward a bit.

You're probably right but I always thought aggression meant a Roy Keane type tackler winning balls in midfield and defense and setting up an attack .. I find the players with hole player attribute tend to get forward a bit.

Tell me about it. I trained Cozzari in my ML team to be a box-to-box midfielder initially, then trained him as a Hole Player and he is now my top scorer, operating from CMF.

My whole midfield in my ML team is pretty beastly now. Pellini and Abelli as sitters (both terrific engines) and Cozzari is playing just in front of them, with Castledine playing as AMF. End result is utterly lethal counter-attacking football when on form, and with Mattiello and Giorza operating as essentially wing-backs, I have the width there as well. Don't think I have ever been more attached to an ML side in all my days, or more happy with the balance in one.

Back
Top Bottom