PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

guys anyway to fix the god awful pitch greyish color on day matches? who said that pitch should be greyish, it ahould be more green
Day time matches are the most terrible thing on the game for me. I just don't like the visuals on day time games and I don't think the lighting the right at all. I don't know if the a greener pitch will fix it for me, i just think it looks like the games are played at 12 or 1 pm. I have no idea why Konami is not giving us the option to select the time and why not provide different times during the day like FIFA. I remember Warsaw stadium day time games in Pes 2015 to be my favorite

Day time matches are the most terrible thing on the game for me. I just don't like the visuals on day time games and I don't think the lighting the right at all. I don't know if the a greener pitch will fix it for me, i just think it looks like the games are played at 12 or 1 pm. I have no idea why Konami is not giving us the option to select the time and why not provide different times during the day like FIFA. I remember Warsaw stadium day time games in Pes 2015 to be my favorite
its just that the pitch needs to be more green, the lightinf is great, can we copy anfield pitch to other stadiums anfield pitch is spot on

I hate day matches and the sky looks like a kids painting.

True.
Especially on camp nou, where is hardly shadow on the pitch at all.
It is alright on Signal Iduna tho, btw is the night Turf improved on that stadia?

I would welcome a "cloudy" Setting in the future..

Iv downloaded the patch, played a dozen matches, this patch hasn't effected the OF, there has been subtle changes in all areas of the game, for example previous patches, players like goetze, coutinho, benat just to name a few never used to stand out for me when they passed, they all kind of felt the same, in this patch they stand out, don't get me wrong the game still lacks variation, but I feel a difference when these guys pass to split the defence, shooting has been tuned as well, u notice a big difference now between a hard shot and a normal shot, as well as shot placement, it's not placebo cos Iv been playing this game non stop since it has came out, the only people that will say is placebo are the ones that haven't played it much, but for the guys that have been playing it a lot you know what I mean when you play, also it seems the slowdown has improved in the final 3rd of the pitch, u can burst away with the speedy players, again not much difference just a little, also the wingers in this game feel like wingers now as compared to previous patches, overall game feels great from the matches Iv played, konami have done a great job, enjoy fellas

Must be very very subtle because its the same game to me. I dont think anyone who dislikes the lack of shooting and passing variety in this game should look for revelation in this patch. Its still PES2017. So good news for those who like PES 2017. :) No big or any changes at all to the gameplay.

Iv downloaded the patch, played a dozen matches, this patch hasn't effected the OF, there has been subtle changes in all areas of the game, for example previous patches, players like goetze, coutinho, benat just to name a few never used to stand out for me when they passed, they all kind of felt the same, in this patch they stand out, don't get me wrong the game still lacks variation, but I feel a difference when these guys pass to split the defence, shooting has been tuned as well, u notice a big difference now between a hard shot and a normal shot, as well as shot placement, it's not placebo cos Iv been playing this game non stop since it has came out, the only people that will say is placebo are the ones that haven't played it much, but for the guys that have been playing it a lot you know what I mean when you play, also it seems the slowdown has improved in the final 3rd of the pitch, u can burst away with the speedy players, again not much difference just a little, also the wingers in this game feel like wingers now as compared to previous patches, overall game feels great from the matches Iv played, konami have done a great job, enjoy fellas

Jimi were you using an already set up ML or just exhibition matches?

I was about to ask the same thing.

I've paused the download just in case the gameplay is worse. I will wait for more feedback before I unpause it ;)

Konami oh Konami

So I get this error message since the latest data pack

Downlaod file is broken CODE :SGJC427 and can't go online, do live update or go into myclub.

I log an issue on Konami support and they email to say they issue seems to be resolved minutes later. Check my Ps4 and it's not resolved

Answer the email as they request if it is not resolved and get a response immediately that they cannot accept the email as the inquiry is SOLVED

I then reissue the incident with a new incident number quoting the original incident number and they will now get back to me but have high volumes of issues Hahaha

If you keep fucking up enquiries and people have to repeat the exercise of course you will have high volumes... These cunts honestly.

Jimi were you using an already set up ML or just exhibition matches?
Mix played 4 exhibition games, played with borussia, athletico, inter Milan and Ajax, all games were awesome, then decided to start a new ML controlling inter Milan and it felt better than previous patch, would like to get your feedback on what you think of the patch and experience to previous.

Must be very very subtle because its the same game to me. I dont think anyone who dislikes the lack of shooting and passing variety in this game should look for revelation in this patch. Its still PES2017. So good news for those who like PES 2017. :) No big or any changes at all to the gameplay.
Yeah that's right no big changes to gameplay, previous 2 patches I felt no changes how the game played but this one definately, I'm assuming this is the last patch as well before they fully focus on pes 18.

Boost Mode only applies to games that aren't designed or updated to be Pro-compatible. PES 2017 got a PS4 Pro patch a while ago now, so it isn't affected by Boost Mode (plus, games that get Pro patches will always be more optimised and run better than older games running in Boost Mode).
This is not true as battlefield 1 and Infinite warfare as examples run much better at a higher framerate . Go have a look at some youtube videos for proof.

Yeah that's right no big changes to gameplay, previous 2 patches I felt no changes how the game played but this one definately, I'm assuming this is the last patch as well before they fully focus on pes 18.

Jimi I've only played 3 matches in a new ML and haven't noticed any changes to be honest. . . the only difference is that I haven't lost in those games where I normally would lose 2. .. so either I've become a marvellous defensive tactician overnight or the AI isn't as ruthless as it was . .. .I'll play some more tomorrow evening and see if I can notice anything.

Jimi I've only played 3 matches in a new ML and haven't noticed any changes to be honest. . . the only difference is that I haven't lost in those games where I normally would lose 2. .. so either I've become a marvellous defensive tactician overnight or the AI isn't as ruthless as it was . .. .I'll play some more tomorrow evening and see if I can notice anything.
You play on manual shooting/pass? Also remember when I said changes nothing massive it's subtle as I stated in previous message, I feel bit more of a difference when I rocket a shot and someone with an ordinary shot on manual. Could also be the way I play the game

This is not true as battlefield 1 and Infinite warfare as examples run much better at a higher framerate . Go have a look at some youtube videos for proof.
It is true. BF1, plus IW, have been Pro patched so it makes no difference, look around: BF Forums

BF4, on the other hand, now runs much better.

Jimi I've only played 3 matches in a new ML and haven't noticed any changes to be honest. . .
Same. The game can be deceiving at the best of times.

These are my biggest gripes with the game. You are forced to play the game with random graphics as you cannot pick time of day or weather. Add to this that some stadiums are locked to a team and your master league experience is completely out of your hands

The game graphically has gone backwards in the latest version and it's ridiculous given it is being played on the most powerful machines it has been released on. This is all down to lighting and turf, things that are not technical restraints, but how someone thinks game should look

If they want more sales, the game has to look beautiful as well as play well and people need to be able to play it how they want, not be forced into playing 6/7 games at night in the master league and then 1/4 games at day being in sunshine

If they want more sales, the game has to look beautiful as well as play well and people need to be able to play it how they want, not be forced into playing 6/7 games at night in the master league and then 1/4 games at day being in sunshine
A) We'll all buy it anyway, no matter what the graphics look like, because we love the gameplay. They know that, unfortunately.

B) Better graphics won't sell the game to a larger audience while you've got London Red and Manchester Blue walking out with plain shirts on. No amount of realism makes that look good, and nobody other than us can be arsed fiddling around with option files.

For me, the biggest improvement that would make me happy would be a much deeper career mode. Great gameplay is all well and good, but - even more important than the graphics, surely - it falls apart when you don't have to rotate your squad, or talk to your players (who never become unhappy, or even injured). You end up playing the same players over and over. That's only scratching the surface, too.

Incorrect. Post pro patch there are differences... heres your proof
. Go see digital foundrys comparsions as well.
I wouldn't call one guy's video proof, mate! In the comments section there are plenty of people saying already Pro-patched games shouldn't see any benefit, and more importantly, Sony themselves have said that. Digital Foundry are posting info/videos of games that aren't already Pro-patched, can't see anything for BF1 from this year.

Anything else is hearsay, like the 372 different (and contradictory) gameplay improvements we all spot after every PES update, when they tell us themselves that they haven't altered anything...

This is all off-topic anyway...

You play on manual shooting/pass? Also remember when I said changes nothing massive it's subtle as I stated in previous message, I feel bit more of a difference when I rocket a shot and someone with an ordinary shot on manual. Could also be the way I play the game

Yeh Jimi . . I'm a manual head. . ... had three more games and surprisingly the last 5 matches have been 0-0 draws . .the last one against Real Betis was weird. . . they had 12 clear goal scoring chances and kept putting them wide . . the same with a Europa cup match against Ajax . . they couldn't put the ball in the sack . .either the difficulty on superstar is toned down or it's just this particular ML version I'm playing because I could restart and probably get hammered in each match.

Yeh Jimi . . I'm a manual head. . ... had three more games and surprisingly the last 5 matches have been 0-0 draws . .the last one against Real Betis was weird. . . they had 12 clear goal scoring chances and kept putting them wide . . the same with a Europa cup match against Ajax . . they couldn't put the ball in the sack . .either the difficulty on superstar is toned down or it's just this particular ML version I'm playing because I could restart and probably get hammered in each match.

i guess the amount of times i/we have missed on manual is good to hear that, makes the games fair

Sorry but if someones biggest gripe in a football game is that most of the matches are played at night or that Messi has bad hairstyle/boots then its a bit ridiculous.
no it's not, we want better looking turf same as fifa, and day and night at least we can choose. it;s not asking a lot.

It is one of my biggest gripes that we can't choose time of day and weather in League & cup modes. I miss the days of PES4-5 where world cup matches would be played ah the neutral Japanese stradiums.

Sorry but if someones biggest gripe in a football game is that most of the matches are played at night or that Messi has bad hairstyle/boots then its a bit ridiculous.

I think the conversation is about some visual improvments and giving us the choice to select game times, I don't think it much to ask from the developer. Game otherwise is great. No need to jump on the conversation and be critical

A) We'll all buy it anyway, no matter what the graphics look like, because we love the gameplay. They know that, unfortunately.

B) Better graphics won't sell the game to a larger audience while you've got London Red and Manchester Blue walking out with plain shirts on. No amount of realism makes that look good, and nobody other than us can be arsed fiddling around with option files.

For me, the biggest improvement that would make me happy would be a much deeper career mode. Great gameplay is all well and good, but - even more important than the graphics, surely - it falls apart when you don't have to rotate your squad, or talk to your players (who never become unhappy, or even injured). You end up playing the same players over and over. That's only scratching the surface, too.

I will buy it every year and I am thinking about getting it for the PC as well to try out the patches and see the game with improved turf and lighting.

I know what you mean about the career mode though. I see people also complaining about the same things in the other football game as well. Unfortunately, I think football game makers are seeing too much opportunity for making money through other modes to spend a lot of time building up features in career and master leagues

Jimi im really really impressed fouls have never been an issue for you in ML.

For me... it all depends what version of the ML PES decides to load. I sometimes get free kicks all over the pitch, others none at all. weird thing is is that i only use one save so its not like im loading different saves with different players. It's the game, its like the old premier manager 97 on the megadrive... if you load it up and are winning dont turn it off because for the next 10 loads you will lose every game! haha.

They need to FIX game modes, if im using malicia skilled players i EXPECT free kicks and penalties when i see my players CLEARLY wiped out.

Jimi im really really impressed fouls have never been an issue for you in ML.

For me... it all depends what version of the ML PES decides to load. I sometimes get free kicks all over the pitch, others none at all. weird thing is is that i only use one save so its not like im loading different saves with different players. It's the game, its like the old premier manager 97 on the megadrive... if you load it up and are winning dont turn it off because for the next 10 loads you will lose every game! haha.

They need to FIX game modes, if im using malicia skilled players i EXPECT free kicks and penalties when i see my players CLEARLY wiped out.

It's also about which ML you get. . for example if you started a new Ml you could do really badly and suffer heavy defeats. If you scrapped it and started again you could do quite well against the teams who have just beaten you . . . .start again and you could get tons of draws etc.

I don't get the complaints about the graphics. I am playing on the old console the PS3 and to me the graphics are far superior to what I have seen of FIFA on my kid's PS4. I imagine the graphics on the PS4 would make PES look that much better. I love the way the game looks and moves.

Back
Top Bottom