PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Tell me about it. I trained Cozzari in my ML team to be a box-to-box midfielder initially, then trained him as a Hole Player and he is now my top scorer, operating from CMF.

My whole midfield in my ML team is pretty beastly now. Pellini and Abelli as sitters (both terrific engines) and Cozzari is playing just in front of them, with Castledine playing as AMF. End result is utterly lethal counter-attacking football when on form, and with Mattiello and Giorza operating as essentially wing-backs, I have the width there as well. Don't think I have ever been more attached to an ML side in all my days, or more happy with the balance in one.

Curdstar I was using wingbacks for a while but found myself exposed at the back a few times and lost matches because of it. . .how do you stop this happening?

Isnt there any stat updates mid season?

Btw include that in the survey, good idea ;)

I can't remeber if players were updated in PES 2016 but there has'nt been any updates in stats so far in PES 2017. I don't know if this is a hard thing to do for Konami but for me all these nice faces that they add becomes a bit pointless if the player still is crap stat- wise. It goes the other way around too, some players need to be downgraded a bit.

Having bought this games for a third time (FIFA wasn't quite doing it for me), the beauty of it has finally crawled under my skin. I have it set to the hardest difficulty, PA1, manual shooting. So far I've finished about 10 league games and I've got that old PES 6 magical feeling coursing through my veins.

Not perfect - the floaty shooting and Goalies really annoy me. It doesn't feel satisfying enough scoring a goal but it'll do until 18.

I can't remeber if players were updated in PES 2016 but there has'nt been any updates in stats so far in PES 2017. I don't know if this is a hard thing to do for Konami but for me all these nice faces that they add becomes a bit pointless if the player still is crap stat- wise. It goes the other way around too, some players need to be downgraded a bit.

Saying that though... do you really think players should lose ability based on half a season? The only teams overrated are the EPL.

Stat increases? you know whos doing well in the league then use the editor? or even goto sofifa.com and borrow some stats?

Um, guys, this will probably sound weird, but... What is myClub? Honest question, I have never touched that thing.
FIFA Ultimate Team, but instead of buying packs of cards, you buy "spins of a wheel". Depending on who you speak to, it's either a fun mode that brings in plenty of in-app purchase money from kids and will enrich the game for all of us, or a tepid, uninspiring load of crap that's nothing other than a poor FUT rip-off.

Saying that though... do you really think players should lose ability based on half a season? The only teams overrated are the EPL.

Stat increases? you know whos doing well in the league then use the editor? or even goto sofifa.com and borrow some stats?

Well, of course upgrading player stats is the big thing but there are som players that have had horrible seasons but are great in the game. Not saying it should be giant leaps in losing stats though.

Editing stats yourself won't apply online.

C5Vp5EAXUAAqRqi.jpg

C5Vp4_FW8AA9Ara.jpg

https://twitter.com/officialpes

New PES Podcast up. Great discussion. Looking forward to PES conversation in forums or twitter especially if you disagree with some of our assessments that actually will make for better discourse.

http://www.footy-united.com/podcasts/2017/2/23/episode-20-its-all-about-direction

We are looking for guests for the next podcast. If you are truly interested let me know. We want to hear different voices from hardcore fans.

Curdstar I was using wingbacks for a while but found myself exposed at the back a few times and lost matches because of it. . .how do you stop this happening?

I deploy a 5-3-1-1 formation with both wing-backs possessing both Offensive Full-Back and Track Back skills. I find that so long as your CB's are mobile but strong in the tackle but also strong in the air, they can mop up the inevitable diagonals the COM will try to catch you out with. Oh, two excellent defensive minded DMF's will help too.

Don't get me wrong, I still lose games and sometimes just get battered, but I just like the style of football I can play.

New PES Podcast up. Great discussion. Looking forward to PES conversation in forums or twitter especially if you disagree with some of our assessments that actually will make for better discourse.

http://www.footy-united.com/podcasts/2017/2/23/episode-20-its-all-about-direction

We are looking for guests for the next podcast. If you are truly interested let me know. We want to hear different voices from hardcore fans.

Just listened to the latest podcast. Interesting but i have mixed feelings.
First of all IMO the game is better wjen not played on the hardest setting.
Secondly, and perhaps my main point. It seems you guys only play with the superstar teams: i hear you guys talking about Barcelona, Man United, Liverpool, Italy and other superstar teams. IMO PES is better when you play with lesser teams. At the moment i'm having a blast playing a league with Atalanta.
Personally i prefer to play a league above the ML which is still broken to me (allow to play without team spirit and i play ML again, team spirit is a good idea, but at the moment it's impact is ridiculous. At the beginning of a ML all teams should have average team spirit (but roughly the same). And then your team spirit should increase the more you play and even more if you have decent results. Teams that transfer too much player should have lower team spirit.

I agree with you about variation in in the level of assisted passing (this is broken too). Fascinating discussion about the tactics of the game...yes the current tactics are a significant backwards from the tactics in the PS2 days. It should be possible to direct individual players like in the PS2 days or like a system like PES2011.

Oh and a minor point of critic: please tell this one guy to stop using "fucking" every other word(or nearly), it's not funny, itbecomes very boring and he sounds like a 12 year old...i have nothing against the use of expletives but (almost) every other word it becomes something like a plea for street crediblity from an altar boy...not very convincing. But this is a very minor point.

I personally never use the best teams on football games i never have. To me the whole point of ML and career modes is to beat the big superstar teams

If I have one gripe with 2017 its the variation in difficulty from match to match I play on superstar and sometimes games vs the AI can be a real challenge then the next match the AI isnt as intense or 'motivated' i guess is the right word and you can have 70% possession with ease if im going to dominate the ball i want it to be difficult still

Changing the majority of the AI teams to aggressive in defence helps slightly but not enough

Having bought this games for a third time (FIFA wasn't quite doing it for me), the beauty of it has finally crawled under my skin. I have it set to the hardest difficulty, PA1, manual shooting. So far I've finished about 10 league games and I've got that old PES 6 magical feeling coursing through my veins.

Not perfect - the floaty shooting and Goalies really annoy me. It doesn't feel satisfying enough scoring a goal but it'll do until 18.
You'll love it when you buy it the fourth time! I swear! ;)

Playing yesterday I noticed how easy players find space. In the old games there was a stats called aggression which is about how likely a player is to run forward to attack. Now it seems like any player can find space easily, it's very robotic. Maybe it has to do with the defense/attack new feature but still tho it's very annoying. What makes it even worse is the times the AI intercept the passes, it's impossible to pass a beautiful ball, passing is so assisted and I just can't enjoy manual, they need to bring back the semi-Assist option.

This is the exact meaning of the stat Agression:

A player with a low Aggression rating will be more inclined to stick to his assigned position in a formation - And a player with high aggression wont!

When I used to edit the game play of old releases Aggression was a stat I upped when I wanted the other team to close you down quicker and want to tackle you.

What I hated about the game was the the opposition would be happy to run alongside you and not try and get the ball. Increasing it made the game more difficult, but a lot of realistic.

Just listened to the latest podcast. Interesting but i have mixed feelings.
First of all IMO the game is better wjen not played on the hardest setting.
Secondly, and perhaps my main point. It seems you guys only play with the superstar teams: i hear you guys talking about Barcelona, Man United, Liverpool, Italy and other superstar teams. IMO PES is better when you play with lesser teams. At the moment i'm having a blast playing a league with Atalanta.
Personally i prefer to play a league above the ML which is still broken to me (allow to play without team spirit and i play ML again, team spirit is a good idea, but at the moment it's impact is ridiculous. At the beginning of a ML all teams should have average team spirit (but roughly the same). And then your team spirit should increase the more you play and even more if you have decent results. Teams that transfer too much player should have lower team spirit.

I agree with you about variation in in the level of assisted passing (this is broken too). Fascinating discussion about the tactics of the game...yes the current tactics are a significant backwards from the tactics in the PS2 days. It should be possible to direct individual players like in the PS2 days or like a system like PES2011.

Oh and a minor point of critic: please tell this one guy to stop using "fucking" every other word(or nearly), it's not funny, itbecomes very boring and he sounds like a 12 year old...i have nothing against the use of expletives but (almost) every other word it becomes something like a plea for street crediblity from an altar boy...not very convincing. But this is a very minor point.

Thanks for listening man. This is Charles, it's been a while since I've posted here, takes me back. This podcast episode was actually pretty focused for us, meaning we didn't try to discuss "everything." You can hear us talk about playing with lesser teams, the joys of default master league players, and building a better squad over time, in past podcast episodes. We agree that playing with lesser teams was without doubt the best way to play PES. You bring up good points!

The next podcast will focus on passing and assist settings. From now on we are going to attempt to stay focused on a primary topic and go in-depth, but we will no doubt get side tracked. Thanks again for listening and I will mention to Jose your concern with the f-bombs!

Here, I post this video showing how dribbling in PES 2017 is very wrong. When you release the analog stick, the ball suddenly stops giving the sense that you control the ball not the player. The player animations just follows the ball, theres no physics in it. Sorry for bad english.

What are the chances Konami will include the Millennium Stadium and Friends Arena in a future update?

It's all well and good having the Champions League and Europa League licences but why not the stadiums for the finals?

I was disappointed last year with the Euro 2016 DLC not having the stadiums from the finals (well, aside from the Stade de France) but surely it's easier when it's a singular event?

Here, I post this video showing how dribbling in PES 2017 is very wrong. When you release the analog stick, the ball suddenly stops giving the sense that you control the ball not the player. The player animations just follows the ball, theres no physics in it. Sorry for bad english.

Which was PES 17 and which was PES 2009? I thought the 2nd clip, in which the ball would just stop even though it should still roll, looked strange.

What are the chances Konami will include the Millennium Stadium and Friends Arena in a future update?

It's all well and good having the Champions League and Europa League licences but why not the stadiums for the finals?

I was disappointed last year with the Euro 2016 DLC not having the stadiums from the finals (well, aside from the Stade de France) but surely it's easier when it's a singular event?

Slim I would say. If they can't even update player stats after half a season I wouldn't hold my breath for things like that. They will probably update some kits, a couple of balls/shoes and more faces in the next DLC (if there will be one).

Which was PES 17 and which was PES 2009? I thought the 2nd clip, in which the ball would just stop even though it should still roll, looked strange.

Second one was 2009. Player have a better and more footballistic prone with the ball And, the ball looks much like have its own entity imo.

First video I perform the knock on full speed running then I release the analog. The ball just slow down abruptly. Well, that's what I see.

I think the idea in the 2nd clip, is that he's tapping the ball on the underside for back spin? But it is weird to see it on every touch, even the higher speed dribbles. I guess it's not a style that everyone should have, for every touch

I see it in the first couple of touches in the 1st clip as well. The 2nd part of the first clip, the ball rolls to a stop by itself, maybe too quickly...just so that it can match the speed of player as he slows down.

The ball isn't a free entity while dribbling in PES, there's always a string between foot and ball, I wish they'd cut that string off occasionally for some touches.

I think the idea in the 2nd clip, is that he's tapping the ball on the underside for back spin? But it is weird to see it on every touch, even the higher speed dribbles. I guess it's not a style that everyone should have, for every touch

I see it in the first couple of touches in the 1st clip as well. The 2nd part of the first clip, the ball rolls to a stop by itself, maybe too quickly...just so that it can match the speed of player as he slows down.

The ball isn't a free entity while dribbling in PES, there's always a string between foot and ball, I wish they'd cut that string off occasionally for some touches.

The idea was to show how fast the ball stops when release the analog stick in Pes 2017, in other hand, in PES of old gen, the ball keeps rolling in front of the player for a while and he performs quick steps to follow it.

Personally i prefer to play a league above the ML which is still broken to me (allow to play without team spirit and i play ML again, team spirit is a good idea, but at the moment it's impact is ridiculous.

This! In League play I haven't seen much changes in scripting (dont know if related to team spirit) vs ML. I played 2 games of ML and right away I felt something was off. League for now is the way to go for me as its the only way I get enjoyment out of PES. Its a shame that these two play so differently

Back
Top Bottom