PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

For those wanting crapper goalkeepers, I suggest running tests on whatever it is you are eating or drinking because it sounds like you might be getting spiked with class a's of some sort.

For those wanting crapper goalkeepers, I suggest running tests on whatever it is you are eating or drinking because it sounds like you might be getting spiked with class a's of some sort.

I don't think anyone wants crappier goal keepers. I think the balance of their saves stand out because the shots are so powerful, and accurate, that it makes the keeper's saves less unique and special. It's become a cliche. Perfectly struck shot + Perfectly executed save = boring and unrewarding when those goals do occur.

Personally, the superman high flying saves are the worst, and those need attention most of all. I also think a highly underrated aesthetic is the nets need to be looked at to receive the proper rebound physics when the ball slams into the back of the net. I would go as far as suggesting to look at PES 14 as a good base. Overall, and I may be in the minority here, but a lot of the good things from PES 14 should be looked at for the next version of PES.

The Team Spirit is hitting me hard in Master League, went from 90+ spirit with Fulham to Monaco, made some changes and the team spirit is now about 70, and we suck. Even Suarez, who I bought, is utter pants (I need to try to dive with him, he must have good stats for that).

Stupid Error code SGJC427 file is broken message is back again and it can't be that I have Internet issues every Thursday after the live update.

So over PES because of this. Suppose I could dig into my master league again.

That team spirit NEEDS to go, or at least be manageable when its in the 50's. When i am playing out of my skin score a goal then right from kick off their 6ft 5 striker with speed of 60 runs like Leo Messi and scores a goal clean and dry.

Also finishing and goal keepers. I like the keepers as they are, i can score using manual (L2) i 70% use L2 anyways but still have manual shooting as i dont like the "every shot hits the middle of the keeper" assisted option and can't seem to get to grips with semi assisted so i use manual and L2 manual and score just fine with that.

Shot accuracy and technique are a MUST for next seasons game, as are all the old attributes, speed, accel, dribble acc, dribble speed, pass speed and so on.

I decided to give PES 2017 another try especially with all the latest official patches and what not and it seems to have gotten even worse. Whenever I play the master league, it feels that the CPU is playing on rails. What do I mean by that is that it all the players on the CPU team are so well connected like they have the same brain. It's like train rails connected to each players back and forth of the CPU team and it especially shows when they are passing. Pin point and perfect without flaws. And don't get me started with team spirit. It's a good idea but executed really poorly and half-ass'ly. In reality, bad team spirit should make your team play a bit lethargic and your players should be off position or dis-organized. But ofcourse it doesn't work that way in PES. In PES, when you have bad team spirit and you are playing against a team with equally bad or worse team spirit or even good team spirit(I hardly see CPU team getting affected by team spirit anyway), your team obviously gets lethargic, slow and disorganized. That's all well and good. But the problem is, that's not what all happens. There is more unrealistic negative effects. World class players like Messi, Suarez, Fabregas, Ozil, Hazard, etc, they all forget how to play football. They can't make a simple pass, neither can they dribble. Whereas, a shit player from the other team transforms into Messi and Hazard and go through the whole defense. Ofcourse none of my defenders have ever defended even if they are Bonucci, Luiz, Alderwield, Sergio Ramos, it doesn't matter. And that's my biggest gripe in PES 2017. PES 2017 is pretty good game when you are playing exhibition with player emotion turned off. The team spirit is not just an effect, it's a phenomenal in PES 2017. It has too much power over the outcome of the matches. These things are easy to fix by Konami but they need to figure out that this a problem first before they sugarcoat the game more to please all the FIFA lovers. It's a shame that the potential is there but so does a huge flaw that can easily be tweaked.

All out defense and the DMF role in this game are an absolute nightmare combination for realism. Goodness, it is the ugliest thing to see in any football game. Thought I was getting close to getting user only tactical changes, to improve the CPU's bonehead tactics, but it is another instance of frustration when seeing these poor fundamentals.

That team spirit NEEDS to go, or at least be manageable when its in the 50's. When i am playing out of my skin score a goal then right from kick off their 6ft 5 striker with speed of 60 runs like Leo Messi and scores a goal clean and dry.
It works both ways (as in, it's broken / too powerful both ways). Second season with Hull, team spirit of 87-90, and I'm now 2nd in the league (on Superstar) with two-thirds of the season played, with just one loss to the top four teams all season.

(I know Leicester won the league but that was well and truly a one-off, I was happier scrapping for a Europa League place and struggling.)

I really hope they tweak it for the next game.

PES partnership with football clubs has been "a love story"

Konami is already looking at making more partnerships for future entries.

As well as attending the keenly contested PES League finals for the first season and learning about all things PES League, we recently caught up with Jonas Lygaard, senior director of brand & business development at Konami. We discussed several topics related to the company, starting, of course, with Pro Evolution Soccer.

But first off, given the venue, we wanted to take a look back at seven months of partnership between Konami and top tier clubs (such as FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC or Borussia Dortmund), and ask how could this setup might grow in the coming years.

"Konami had never worked with partner clubs to the degree we have right now," Lygaard told us. "We've licensed clubs in our games [before], we've had smaller engagement with clubs, but we've never taken the step that we took this year in terms of partnership, and it has been a extremely positive reaction for us internally, but also for the fans, and also the feeling working with the clubs; we can really see how it benefits us."

"Now we're sitting here at Camp Nou, one of the biggest - if not the biggest - clubs in the world, working with them, working with their staff, trying new stuff, doing innovative new ideas, being involved now in an event like this [Esports PES League], doing things in terms of co-promotion together at El Clásico and we raised money for the FC Barcelona Foundation."

Lygaard continued: "So we're exploring a lot of those things and now just, like you said, seven months into this, [it's a] happy marriage where, when you get married with someone your are in love but then as the relationship goes sometimes you either lose your passion for your partner or you continue having your love and you grow your love, and we're still a love story, we're still building on this from both parts and I think that's a great thing where we feel we're growing and we learn from each other".

So, given the good feedback and the positive relationship with their partners, it looks like more clubs will join this partnership come Pro Evolution Soccer 2018:

"If your question is, 'how do you see this evolve in the future?' Yeah, maybe more love stories - you can't love too many because then you wouldn't be focused - but we're definitely exploring how we can build an even stronger base in the future."

_2030993_650x.jpg

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/380893/PES+partnership+with+football+clubs+has+been+a+love+story/

I've been giving konami leeway on the two biggest gameplay issues that have been discussed above, Team Spirit and overpowered shooting/keeping combo. mainly because they've tweaked many other things for the better in the last 2 iterations, but next year it HAS to be sorted.

Simply, the team spirit affects the longevity of single player mode as it makes the game old quick. it's too sensitive in terms of how quickly it rises yet weirdly reluctant to decrease once you've hit a high value. it's also far too effective. On paper it is a fantastic addition to the game but it's not quite right. i have single player tunnel vision but I imagine in MyClub it is the same, a user that is spin crazy on myclub shouldn't be able to maintin a high team spirit with so many squad changes, does anyone here play that mode and have any specific feedback?

On the shooitng/keeping I agree with Curdstar that a return to any other keeper in any other PES game before this one would be utter madness. Yes, they fly through the air like superman but if they didn't every game would be a rugby score thanks to the mental shooting. every year i feedback the same thing, more variation, more margin for error in direction AND power, but it never seems to happen. (saying that, Manual is wonderful this year)

Re: Keepers

Personally, I've never seen them as being a massive problem because they're clearly a counter-weight to the real problem: shooting.

I remember a few year's back, Rutter (then lead dev) showing a video of Fifa's shooting system which showed how it took into account variables so that: a) players with better techniques generally shoot with more accuracy more of the time, and b) that shots rarely ever followed the same trajectory even when players took shots from the same position.

Now I'm not sure Fifa ever followed through because shooting is still too easy for my liking in that game too but the video stuck with me because it looked like a great system. It definitely seems like PES could do with something like that so that it comes to a point where both stats AND physics matter.

Re: Keepers

Personally, I've never seen them as being a massive problem because they're clearly a counter-weight to the real problem: shooting.

I remember a few year's back, Rutter (then lead dev) showing a video of Fifa's shooting system which showed how it took into account variables so that: a) players with better techniques generally shoot with more accuracy more of the time, and b) that shots rarely ever followed the same trajectory even when players took shots from the same position.

Now I'm not sure Fifa ever followed through because shooting is still too easy for my liking in that game too but the video stuck with me because it looked like a great system. It definitely seems like PES could do with something like that so that it comes to a point where both stats AND physics matter.

I think i remember that video too, just a shame they too didnt follow through with it although im sure they will claim they did :) they do like polishing turds.

I would love to be part of the team deciding what starts are in the game and how they should affect the gameplay but i dont think they would take a nobody who has played football at many different levels his whole life they would much rather leave that to people who are coders nothing more.

I've been playing BAL lately...boy, that game mode is utterly broken and this from somebody who really loves PES2017 and PEs in general.

This mode reflects some of the biggest flaws Konami have towards players: the lack of customisation.

A few examples:

one should have more choice for a first team, i can understand that it makes no sense to start with Manchester United, Barcelona or other gigantic teams, but their should be more choice.

The fact that you have to watch entire games when you are not playing, come on...

The player ratings...

I started a match as a substitute, came in the second half (0-0, my team had 0 points a the time and we were playing -as Metz- an away game in Lyon). Scored both goals in a 2-0 win and got a 6,5 mark.

Next match i was starting and gave possible assist after assist to our CF who missed sitter after sitter, rating at the end of the match: 5,5 and next match i had to start on the bench again...

This is a very broken mode, no fun to play it...

Games should be fun, not frustrating (and i'm not talking gameplay here, but things essential to this mode).

Posted this in the ML thread, but haven't been feeling challenged at all by the CPU lately. Got really tired of the positioning, so I tried to apply the 5-second fix for the user only and see how it turned out. Pleasantly surprised, but a lot of good is overshadowed by the perfect shooting, and weird GK air-time.

99b5b151cbc3f27ab8f08ef94db9ad5f.png

This game is f**king shambolic. This is the most bullshit Master League I have ever played with all these scripting. And surprisingly it's not even Team Spirit related. I play on Superstar difficulty with Southampton. Had a match where I beat Liverpool 8-1 as you can see on this screenshot with Team Spirit 64. Then after 2 weeks, lost against 18 position Watford by 4-0 whose Team Spirit is probably shambolic. The first 3 goals from them were through pass where my defenders was frozen in time and moved like a tank. The whole team were standing still and spectating Watford. The 4th goal was from a corner kick that went like a pinball. I immediately hit Alt+F4 after that 4th goal went in on 80th min. How on earth can I beat teams like Liverpool with ease on 8-1(which could have been more) and end up losing against TOP TIER WOLD CLASS WATFORD! This game just gave me the worst experience of Master League ever. Just pure disgrace and woeful.

Does any one know how to change the referee's kits in PS4? I slightly color blind and some times the ref kits are ruining it for me, because that's the one kit in the game I don't get to choose. Any ideas?

thats the case in recent years, teams supposed to be strong are somehow easy to beat and sometimes you can just score as much goals as you can. It feels that the ai let you score and win. Meanwhile you can lose to some ramdom weak teams. They are some of the worst feeling when playing this game

I've been playing BAL lately...boy, that game mode is utterly broken and this from somebody who really loves PES2017 and PEs in general.

This mode reflects some of the biggest flaws Konami have towards players: the lack of customisation.

A few examples:

one should have more choice for a first team, i can understand that it makes no sense to start with Manchester United, Barcelona or other gigantic teams, but their should be more choice.

The fact that you have to watch entire games when you are not playing, come on...

The player ratings...

I started a match as a substitute, came in the second half (0-0, my team had 0 points a the time and we were playing -as Metz- an away game in Lyon). Scored both goals in a 2-0 win and got a 6,5 mark.

Next match i was starting and gave possible assist after assist to our CF who missed sitter after sitter, rating at the end of the match: 5,5 and next match i had to start on the bench again...

This is a very broken mode, no fun to play it...

Games should be fun, not frustrating (and i'm not talking gameplay here, but things essential to this mode).

Its not the mode its just as you put it... MATCH RATINGS they are HORRIFIC in this mode. i have a player in my ML team with the role of "bad boy" match rating affects next games form arrow. unless i score two or more with him he never gets above a 6. He is a DMF too so he doesnt get goal scoring chances. Awful design, Great idea AWFUL design.

99b5b151cbc3f27ab8f08ef94db9ad5f.png

This game is f**king shambolic. This is the most bullshit Master League I have ever played with all these scripting. And surprisingly it's not even Team Spirit related. I play on Superstar difficulty with Southampton. Had a match where I beat Liverpool 8-1 as you can see on this screenshot with Team Spirit 64. Then after 2 weeks, lost against 18 position Watford by 4-0 whose Team Spirit is probably shambolic. The first 3 goals from them were through pass where my defenders was frozen in time and moved like a tank. The whole team were standing still and spectating Watford. The 4th goal was from a corner kick that went like a pinball. I immediately hit Alt+F4 after that 4th goal went in on 80th min. How on earth can I beat teams like Liverpool with ease on 8-1(which could have been more) and end up losing against TOP TIER WOLD CLASS WATFORD! This game just gave me the worst experience of Master League ever. Just pure disgrace and woeful.

You know what i agree... Superstar is mental, Im using ML Defaults and i win games 2 or 3 nil against the big lot but come up against teams in the bottom 5 and my team all look like they run through the mud instead of on top of it. Sluggish, no pace which annoys me as i have built my team as a counter attacking team using pacey strikers with one set as counter target.

I also find superstar easier than top player because atleast on superstar they try to attack. Professional is the most fun.

My biggest fun killer is refs still, last night i ran into the box nutmegged the defender and he literally shoulders my player in the face, passes the ball out and they go on the attack. I even recorded it so im going to upload it and tweet that twit Bhatti and ask him if he still feels refs have been fixed!!!

We should get rid of team spirit thing in leagues and bring back the combination of the attribute of teamwork + player form(i mean real form with proper consistency levels not this random generated form we have now). Those two should define "team spirit" + the fact that you combine the proper type of players in your team with the proper tactic. I still remember back in the days some players with monster stats didnt perform that well in some line ups just because they didnt fit in my team. It was something magical and put me on constant research to find new, better players in my squad.

The ability teamwork would also give you lot of layers and depth. Lets say you buy Messi and you have important games so you have to decide to play a class player who has big negative impact on the chemistry of the team bc hes just joined and has low teamwork or play on the position the weaker player who yet fits in much more at the moment and makes the team peform much better and consistent.
Rely on individuality vs. teamplay.

Last edited:
We should get rid of team spirit thing in leagues and bring back the combination of the attribute of teamwork + player form(i mean real form with proper consistency levels not this random generated form we have now). Those two should define "team spirit" + the fact that you combine the proper type of players in your team with the proper tactic. I still remember back in the days some players with monster stats didnt perform that well in some line ups just because they didnt fit in my team. It was something magical and put me on constant research to find new, better players in my squad.

The ability teamwork would also give you lot of layers and depth. Lets say you buy Messi and you have important games so you have to decide to play a class player who has big negative impact on the chemistry of the team bc hes just joined and has low teamwork or play on the position the weaker player who yet fits in much more at the moment and makes the team peform much better and consistent.

Yes this.. this is perfect. I remember those days and they made sense regardless how frustrating they were hahaha.

This random form/momentum is stupid.

I miss the teamwork stat infact i miss all the old stats.

To me it seems as though team work isnt even part of this game.

But that's in Pes 2017. . .I often bought players for huge money with top stats and had to sell them because they just didn't fit in with the team or the way that I liked the game to be played . .that's when I started looking for individuals with the qualities that I was looking for and a lot of the time it worked great. . .the problem for me is not so much the team spirit which you will feel more on manual. . . .it's the scripting .. predetermined outcomes especially in the in the first 3 or 4 seasons.

But that's in Pes 2017. . .I often bought players for huge money with top stats and had to sell them because they just didn't fit in with the team or the way that I liked the game to be played . .that's when I started looking for individuals with the qualities that I was looking for and a lot of the time it worked great. . .the problem for me is not so much the team spirit which you will feel more on manual. . . .it's the scripting .. predetermined outcomes especially in the in the first 3 or 4 seasons.

To be honest on this years game i have not seen any differences in if a player plays my style or not IE if a player has 3 bars possession but 1 bar Counter attacking whilst im playing counter attacking he is still just as good.

Scripting is pretty much a PES thing its always been there sadly, and its masked by the AWFUL spirit tag. I hate it. i basically see it as what ever the TS stats says is my percentage of winning games.

Predetermined matches and my 90 sprint speed striker cant out run a 50 speed cb because its determined i wont win this one.

i have even started going into mark settings just to see what speed stats the defenders have then playing through them. But because its decided im not winning this game or im not winning this game until the 85th minute then my player will be constantly slower than the stat says he should be.

I have a question for PS4 owners. I am still playing PES on my PS3 with Cheecko's option file. In order to use the option files for the PS4 do I need to subscribe to any Playstation services or can I just use the option files right out of the box for free?

Back
Top Bottom