PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

It's nice with new faces of course but it will not matter much if the stats of players isn't updated. Dolberg and Kessie, which has new faces, are quite bad atm and you won't use them anyway then. Hopefully they have thought of this, I can't remember how it was last year.

I asked Asim on twitter but of course didn't get a reply. Guess that means they won't be updated... (he/they only reply to praise anyway so...).

It's a German website but *snip*
New features about six months after release? That none of the other Data Pack 3 reporting sites know about? I doubt it.

EDIT: I'm pretty much 100% sure that this is a misunderstanding based on Konami's own press release: Konami Data Pack 3 announcement

Konami repeat their PES 2017 marketing blurb at the bottom of the text (including info about the already-existing "precise pass" mechanic), and the German site you mention has taken this to be a paragraph about new features. It isn't...

Last edited:
I never got the "stunning advances to both the out-field and goal-keeping ai" . When's it due?
I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but, on the off-chance...

They're talking about the game as it was when it was released (and the game is a lot better than 2016 was)...

New features about six months after release? That none of the other Data Pack 3 reporting sites know about? I doubt it.

EDIT: I'm pretty much 100% sure that this is a misunderstanding based on Konami's own press release: Konami Data Pack 3 announcement

Konami repeat their PES 2017 marketing blurb at the bottom of the text (including info about the already-existing "precise pass" mechanic), and the German site you mention has taken this to be a paragraph about new features. It isn't...
Guess you're right here. Makes sence.
But even I wouldn't make that mistake when translating the news. How come a professional on a pretty huge German sports website couldn't handle it?!
Anyway... going to test the higher difficulty levels tonight.

btw: pretty awesome super bowl match that was!!

just a small example of scripting kicking in in ML, how my players just lost their responsiveness, it's the hardest part of the game when it is like that and u wanna keep a result, anw give me ur opinion about my style of play and what i can get better?

just a small example of scripting kicking in in ML, how my players just lost their responsiveness, it's the hardest part of the game when it is like that and u wanna keep a result, anw give me ur opinion about my style of play and what i can get better?

You could have sat nearer the tv .. .couldn't see the ball or what was happening. .. . it's too bright. .. . .if you had a Ps4 you could record and share.

You could have sat nearer the tv .. .couldn't see the ball or what was happening. .. . it's too bright. .. . .if you had a Ps4 you could record and share.
yeah this is ps4 gameplay XD, anyway i record on my phone and upload directly to youtube that's why its easy for me to upload like this, only thing i dont like about passing is that there is no swerve on it, it's laser guided or trajectory wise it's completely straight.

yeah this is ps4 gameplay XD, anyway i record on my phone and upload directly to youtube that's why its easy for me to upload like this, only thing i dont like about passing is that there is no swerve on it, it's laser guided or trajectory wise it's completely straight.
If you have your YouTube account connected to your PS4, you can just press 'share' on the PS4 pad and it will instantly share it straight to YouTube, rather than filming your TV.

If you use manual you can apply swerve with the thumbstick. .. .I think.

So, I guess there were no stat updates. Hilarious Konami, just hilarious. Why the f***k should I care if Dolberg or Kessie get a real face when they don't have the stats that reflect the season they have had? Useless this company...

Last edited:
Stat updates may yet come through Live Updates, if they care to do them (update stats). Data packs aren't sole means of updating players' stats any more.

Stat updates may yet come through Live Updates, if they care to do them (update stats). Data packs aren't sole means of updating players' stats any more.

One can hope for that but knowing Konami I'm not gonna hold my breath...(also, they have been dodging that question completely when people as on Twitter). But if they do it I will hang my head in shame, gladly so...;)

Yhe following is what i have found:

Bug Fixes:
General
・When kicking a High Pass using R2+○ (RT+B) as the goalkeeper the ball’s drop point would sometimes not display.
・When the opponent takes a goal kick, sometimes your team’s DMFs were positioned ahead of the opponent’s FWs.
・The displayed information on opposition players and their formation, shown when Tight Marking is set in the Advanced Instructions of Game Plan, would not update even though the opponent had changed.
・A black diagonal line was seen in the match window.
・When multiple users are playing in Cup mode or League mode, if certain conditions are met, sometimes playing normally was not possible.
・When playing a VS COM match in the Team Play Lobby, the setting for the COM team’s commentary team name was not updated for only the match room owner.

Become a Legend
・When playing in extra time of the Internationals and scoring or assisting, the stats are counted in rankings but not Career Records.

Master League
・When you check the Game Plan of other players, when a goalkeeper of another player is absent due to injury, you would not be able to exit the Game Plan.
・A substitute player with a Team Role that is effective towards Team Spirit enters the match but Team Spirit was not affected.
・The description of the Team Role [Maestro] was inaccurate.
・When a manager is transferred, the manager carried over their budget from their previously coached team.

myClub
・The formation and tactics for some managers were incorrect after the Live Update was applied.
・The formation 4-1-4-1 was displayed incorrectly when compared to the Game Plan in the Squad Management window.
・When displaying a comparison window of squad players and reserves, followed by selecting [Back] to close the window, the cursor is located at the left top of reserves.
・The message displayed when participating in myClub competitions with a team consisting of less than 18 players was difficult to understand.

Edit
・The edited hairstyle of certain players appeared incorrectly after Data Pack 2.0 was applied.

* Minor adjustments have been made to a variety of modes to improve the general gaming experience.

The third data pack for PES 2017 is now live and available for free download on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and Steam.

To start, the new data pack adds the popular myClub mode to the free to play PES 2017 trial edition. From now up until February 23rd, those who start myClub for the first time will receive a UEFA Team of the Year player and a PES Player agent to help bolster their squads.

In addition, the update has added perfect recreations of a number of current players including Jordan Henderson, Roberto Firmino, Idrissa Gueye and Aaron Cresswell along with a number of other players from the French, Italian, English, Brazilian and Argentinian leagues.

Several Legend players from PES partners Liverpool FC and FC Barcelona have been added with Michael Owen, Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, Lilian Thuram, Ludovic Giuly, Laurent Blanc, Hristo Stoichkov and Ronald Koeman all coming to myClub in data pack 3.

Other design additions include 8 classic Borussia Dortmund strips spanning from 1975 through to 2012 celebrating Dortmund’s rise to stardom. New pitch hoardings have been added along with new boot designs from Nike, Adidas and Puma. Data pack 3 also premieres the Adidas ball which will be used in the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League final in Cardiff. (source: pesfan)

I am at work at the moment and left the updated downloading this morning on rest mode.
Can anybody confirm if the January transfer window transfers are included in this update, or will that be in an upcoming live update now that this update has been pushed through?

There are only some of them, Bhatti said on his twitter that all the transfers will be done by Feb 16th (which is date the next Live Update will come out I suppose).

Btw no 2v2 AGAIN, getting tired of the promises and the sentence "Stay tuned for more news on 2v2 online lobby in the future!" which Konami is still repeating on Twitter and FB. Im staying tuned for 4 months no and still no info about it.

Anyone try out ps4 pro boost mode with PES? If so are there any improvements?
Boost Mode only applies to games that aren't designed or updated to be Pro-compatible. PES 2017 got a PS4 Pro patch a while ago now, so it isn't affected by Boost Mode (plus, games that get Pro patches will always be more optimised and run better than older games running in Boost Mode).

So I take it that as they're no reports or cussing about defunct option files, this update is fine and my OF should be fine when I very home from work tonight?

So I take it that as they're no reports or cussing about defunct option files, this update is fine and my OF should be fine when I very home from work tonight?
With all the new faces, those players will all need resetting, I'm guessing.

No reports and cussing yet because the patch has been released while we're all still at work... Give it 24 hours...

Iv downloaded the patch, played a dozen matches, this patch hasn't effected the OF, there has been subtle changes in all areas of the game, for example previous patches, players like goetze, coutinho, benat just to name a few never used to stand out for me when they passed, they all kind of felt the same, in this patch they stand out, don't get me wrong the game still lacks variation, but I feel a difference when these guys pass to split the defence, shooting has been tuned as well, u notice a big difference now between a hard shot and a normal shot, as well as shot placement, it's not placebo cos Iv been playing this game non stop since it has came out, the only people that will say is placebo are the ones that haven't played it much, but for the guys that have been playing it a lot you know what I mean when you play, also it seems the slowdown has improved in the final 3rd of the pitch, u can burst away with the speedy players, again not much difference just a little, also the wingers in this game feel like wingers now as compared to previous patches, overall game feels great from the matches Iv played, konami have done a great job, enjoy fellas

If so, can we count on yourself to update your fantastic OF, or are you going to concede defeat?
I'll get back to you on that one, I only put the OF together because nothing else combined all the stuff I wanted personally, and it takes a long time to log all of the things that need fixing, fix them, and then sit for hours exporting using Konami's shitty one-at-a-time system.

If it's only faces that are affected, on a personal level, I really won't care too much about it! But we'll see.

Iv downloaded the patch, played a dozen matches, this patch hasn't effected the OF, there has been subtle changes in all areas of the game, for example previous patches, players like goetze, coutinho, benat just to name a few never used to stand out for me when they passed, they all kind of felt the same, in this patch they stand out, don't get me wrong the game still lacks variation, but I feel a difference when these guys pass to split the defence, shooting has been tuned as well, u notice a big difference now between a hard shot and a normal shot, as well as shot placement, it's not placebo cos Iv been playing this game non stop since it has came out, the only people that will say is placebo are the ones that haven't played it much, but for the guys that have been playing it a lot you know what I mean when you play, also it seems the slowdown has improved in the final 3rd of the pitch, u can burst away with the speedy players, again not much difference just a little, also the wingers in this game feel like wingers now as compared to previous patches, overall game feels great from the matches Iv played, konami have done a great job, enjoy fellas

Jimi were you using an already set up ML or just exhibition matches?

Asim on twitter has linked to changes ..there are some master league fixes such formation and tactic fixes as well as some team spirit fixes ..in the past a sub coming didn't affect team spirit ..now it does

Asim on twitter has linked to changes ..there are some master league fixes such formation and tactic fixes as well as some team spirit fixes ..in the past a sub coming didn't affect team spirit ..now it does
As always, it's all bug fixes. He's constantly confirming that there have been no gameplay changes, but people seem to think the devs make changes and then don't tell anyone!

guys anyway to fix the god awful pitch greyish color on day matches? who said that pitch should be greyish, it ahould be more green

Back
Top Bottom