PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Not played this game for ages, need to get a fix, but my option file must be ancient by todays standards.

What is the latest (and greatest) file to get? I just want the teams and kits sorted in the main, Bundesliga would be nice... National team kits a plus as well.

Cheers,

I have an option file for the PS3 version which has Bundesliga and pretty much all the kits for the major leagues so I am really satisfied playing that version. Is the PS4 version of PES 2017 and 2018 going forward worthy of a purchase of the new console or is it pretty much the same?

I have an option file for the PS3 version which has Bundesliga and pretty much all the kits for the major leagues so I am really satisfied playing that version. Is the PS4 version of PES 2017 and 2018 going forward worthy of a purchase of the new console or is it pretty much the same?
I had both and IMO yes it's worth it..

just got a ps4 slim and this game, where to download the ps3 option file from and how to install it for ps4? thx

How are you finding the PS3 version?

I normally play ML on the PS4 version but i get a bit fed up when my players start to feel sluggish and then the scripting kicks in and then i have a break and come back to it.

But i just recently whacked on the PS3 version and started up a ML league with the same set up, Barnsley, Prof, all manual, speed -1 i think. The only difference is i play 15mins on PS3 and 20mins on PS4. Ok i have only played my first 2 games, but the game seems to play different, in fact better.

Here are some examples...

1. On the PS4 i find that my passes get cut out quite easily by the CPU. As soon as the CPU player is slightly near to it he always cuts it out. But on the PS3 sometimes he cuts it out and sometimes he doesnt. Which means i feel more free and confident with the ball.

2. On the PS4 when i play a ball along the wing to my WF, my CF decides that he wants to chase after it instead leaving no one in the box. But on the PS3 this does not happen (ok only 2 games played admittedly). I have the same tactics set up so that does not affect it.

3. On the PS4 if i try to pass the ball to a player further away for some reason my closer player will get it instead. That is one of my most annoying gripes with the game. But on the PS3 the nearest player leaves it. I think it is because when passing (with the bar fully up) the ball moves quicker on the PS3 but on the PS4 it doesnt seem to be powerful enough. Hope that makes sense.

4. On the PS4 when my players tackle someone they seem to take ages to get up and the ball is gone but on the PS3 they get up quicker and are sometimes able to get the ball that they won. It feels that there is less contact between players which means you can dance through two players and keep the ball, whereas on the PS4 just a slight contact and you are spinning.

4. Again i have only played 2 games but my players felt very responsive despite their TS being only about 37. The 2 games i played finished 0-2 at home to Leeds and 7-1 (yes 7-1 away to Aston Villa) but we had our GK sent off at 2-0. I have never seen a GK sent off before on the PS4 version but maybe just a coincidence. Even though i lost 7-1 each of their goals was deserved and didnt feel scripted.

I just wish i could get my AVERmedia recorder to work so that i can record some gameplay to post. Hopefully get it working soon.

I am hoping that it is not just my imagination. If anyone else has happened to have played both the PS4 and PS3 versions it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

How are you finding the PS3 version?

I normally play ML on the PS4 version but i get a bit fed up when my players start to feel sluggish and then the scripting kicks in and then i have a break and come back to it.

But i just recently whacked on the PS3 version and started up a ML league with the same set up, Barnsley, Prof, all manual, speed -1 i think. The only difference is i play 15mins on PS3 and 20mins on PS4. Ok i have only played my first 2 games, but the game seems to play different, in fact better.

Here are some examples...

1. On the PS4 i find that my passes get cut out quite easily by the CPU. As soon as the CPU player is slightly near to it he always cuts it out. But on the PS3 sometimes he cuts it out and sometimes he doesnt. Which means i feel more free and confident with the ball.

2. On the PS4 when i play a ball along the wing to my WF, my CF decides that he wants to chase after it instead leaving no one in the box. But on the PS3 this does not happen (ok only 2 games played admittedly). I have the same tactics set up so that does not affect it.

3. On the PS4 if i try to pass the ball to a player further away for some reason my closer player will get it instead. That is one of my most annoying gripes with the game. But on the PS3 the nearest player leaves it. I think it is because when passing (with the bar fully up) the ball moves quicker on the PS3 but on the PS4 it doesnt seem to be powerful enough. Hope that makes sense.

4. On the PS4 when my players tackle someone they seem to take ages to get up and the ball is gone but on the PS3 they get up quicker and are sometimes able to get the ball that they won. It feels that there is less contact between players which means you can dance through two players and keep the ball, whereas on the PS4 just a slight contact and you are spinning.

4. Again i have only played 2 games but my players felt very responsive despite their TS being only about 37. The 2 games i played finished 0-2 at home to Leeds and 7-1 (yes 7-1 away to Aston Villa) but we had our GK sent off at 2-0. I have never seen a GK sent off before on the PS4 version but maybe just a coincidence. Even though i lost 7-1 each of their goals was deserved and didnt feel scripted.

I just wish i could get my AVERmedia recorder to work so that i can record some gameplay to post. Hopefully get it working soon.

I am hoping that it is not just my imagination. If anyone else has happened to have played both the PS4 and PS3 versions it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

There's a good option file for the PS3 version over at PES Gaming you might want to download. I don't know if one game plays better than the other but find the game challenging. I'm torn between a camera that shows off the graphics and one that allows you to see enough players to play the game on Level 1 Pass Assist. I play Advanced Shooting and Advanced Through Balls. What camera do you guys use?

guys after playing and owning both games on pc and ps4, all i can say is that on ps4 the game is stable, there is no animation overriding and such, always same responsiveness same gameplay, which was what i noticed most compared to pc version, ofc graphics and pitch and lighting are the better on ps4, just needs more green for the pitch, i wish we can fix that.

I am playing on ps3 and ps4 as well. Preferring the gameplay on ps3 just because the game feels old-school (like me) and does not cut it as a ps4 game, for several reasons, yet for me. The stadium count on the ps3 is poor, but you do not miss out gameplay wise imo. And you can put in custom chants!

So, when PES 2018 feedback session will open. Will be good to separate those who are happy with the game from those who arent. Personally I dont want to keep whining here.:EMB:

So, when PES 2018 feedback session will open. Will be good to separate those who are happy with the game from those who arent. Personally I dont want to keep whining here.:EMB:
I thought that this is a forum to discuss good and not so good issues with pes?
ok, Pes 2017 is fan-daby-dozy.

The stadium count on the ps3 is poor, but you do not miss out gameplay wise imo. And you can put in custom chants!
Ah man, I really miss the chants. Playing in the Premier League with the generic crowd noise is really frustrating, especially when EA have massively improved theirs in recent years (when you score a goal in FIFA now, the crowd noise is absolutely brilliant).

But... I know people find the commentary repetitive - so do I - but there are bits of it I find that are 100% worth leaving it on for. The analysis from Jim Beglin is usually spot-on, even helping me out on occasion. I guess that sort of (but not really) makes up for it a little...

Not sure if this DP 3.00 will erase every players like the DP 2.00. It's possible that they will update "faces only" without touching anything like in the first datapack.

The main issue is that the game was out with last year rosters... And they didn't have the rights to let all those players in "free agent", because of licencing.
But now, it's the half-season time, not sure if the players are going to be totally "erased", or if they will goes to free agents section after the update, like a simple Live Update.
If that's the second option, there will be no problem at all with option files.

I don't have Twitter but if someone can ask the question, that will save time...
For now on we don't know if we have to save all transfers out players because they're gonna disappears totally (like DP 2.00), or if they're all going to free agent, only faces updated and squad untouched (like DP 1.00).

Ah man, I really miss the chants. Playing in the Premier League with the generic crowd noise is really frustrating, especially when EA have massively improved theirs in recent years (when you score a goal in FIFA now, the crowd noise is absolutely brilliant).

But... I know people find the commentary repetitive - so do I - but there are bits of it I find that are 100% worth leaving it on for. The analysis from Jim Beglin is usually spot-on, even helping me out on occasion. I guess that sort of (but not really) makes up for it a little...
you re right i like his analysis. any of u guys could tell what are the fixes that matt10 has, i didnt find them on his youtube channel, thx

Last edited:
There's a good option file for the PS3 version over at PES Gaming you might want to download. I don't know if one game plays better than the other but find the game challenging. I'm torn between a camera that shows off the graphics and one that allows you to see enough players to play the game on Level 1 Pass Assist. I play Advanced Shooting and Advanced Through Balls. What camera do you guys use?

Thanks, i think that it is the option file i'm using. I cant remember as i downloaded it a while ago.

I use Broadcast cam zoomed out.

I am playing on ps3 and ps4 as well. Preferring the gameplay on ps3 just because the game feels old-school (like me) and does not cut it as a ps4 game, for several reasons, yet for me. The stadium count on the ps3 is poor, but you do not miss out gameplay wise imo. And you can put in custom chants!

It definitly feels old school on the PS3. Probably the best PES on PS3. Another thing i noticed is that the crossing is better on PS3. On the PS4 they are too powerful most of the time.

Ok, am i right in thinking that its easier to get free kicks on professional?

I ALWAYS play on top player but after getting absolutely murdered without reward i dropped it to pro and since then i have won loads of free kicks even in dangerous positions. I still havent won ANY penalties and i have had everything bar being stabbed happen to me in the box but i dont get as angry because im getting free kicks, I have only scored one though.

I dont mind not being able to score them it was the not getting them which was getting to me, i even use players with Malicia ( stupid trait ) but now im getting them.

I've had a couple of pens in my first season of Master league and missed them both..regular level ..never had one in probaly 100s of exhibition games

Ok, am i right in thinking that its easier to get free kicks on professional?

I ALWAYS play on top player but after getting absolutely murdered without reward i dropped it to pro and since then i have won loads of free kicks even in dangerous positions. I still havent won ANY penalties and i have had everything bar being stabbed happen to me in the box but i dont get as angry because im getting free kicks, I have only scored one though.

I dont mind not being able to score them it was the not getting them which was getting to me, i even use players with Malicia ( stupid trait ) but now im getting them.

How the hell can you make a free kick dip over the wall with power?. . .I'm on Superstar manual and freekicks outside of 25m are a waste of time.. .they either hit the wall go over the bar or land in the keepers arms. .. I might score one out of 50.

How the hell can you make a free kick dip over the wall with power?. . .I'm on Superstar manual and freekicks outside of 25m are a waste of time.. .they either hit the wall go over the bar or land in the keepers arms. .. I might score one out of 50.

To be fair the FK i scored was whipped around the wall using Beckham, I find that FK Style determines what of bend over the top or around the sides. I have scored them over the top but that was using a Knuckle shot. Around the 25m mark it starts to dip near the bar so what i do is aim the guide between to players heads closest to the post and push forwards to drive it, and hit knuckle shot.

To be fair the FK i scored was whipped around the wall using Beckham, I find that FK Style determines what of bend over the top or around the sides. I have scored them over the top but that was using a Knuckle shot. Around the 25m mark it starts to dip near the bar so what i do is aim the guide between to players heads closest to the post and push forwards to drive it, and hit knuckle shot.

Thanks I'll give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom