PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Very strange that there are no reviews or previews or videos from the Pc version. We know what the graphics will be like so for them not to promote the game play is odd. Hopefully there will be a few surprises maybe better grass or crowds. Doubt it but always optimistic

Very strange that there are no reviews or previews or videos from the Pc version. We know what the graphics will be like so for them not to promote the game play is odd. Hopefully there will be a few surprises maybe better grass or crowds. Doubt it but always optimistic

At least, the crowds look better than ps3 crowds and last year. ;)

Decided to take the plunge and order this for PC (after selling my PS4 last year and ignoring 2016 on PC). I played the Fifa 17 demo and it's same old boring, so PES all the way. If the gameplay is the same as PS4/Xbox I can take inferior graphics and less stadiums etc. And hopefully this will give it a bigger online presence. Being relatively new to PC and modding - where would you go for PES mods and how would you install them?

Decided to take the plunge and order this for PC (after selling my PS4 last year and ignoring 2016 on PC). I played the Fifa 17 demo and it's same old boring, so PES all the way. If the gameplay is the same as PS4/Xbox I can take inferior graphics and less stadiums etc. And hopefully this will give it a bigger online presence. Being relatively new to PC and modding - where would you go for PES mods and how would you install them?

Just like here in the Editing section for PES 2017 mods. You can install them via .cpk files and you have to edit the DpFileList then. It isn't that hard.

I try to finish my HD boots mod tomorrow. :)

You have every mod you need here on evo-web

hey, anyone bought from cdkeys.com? did you receive the cd key already? preactivated?

I preordered from them too, nothing yet. Think it will be tonight or tomorrow.

I don't feel guilty ordering from there, if Konami are too lazy to develop the full game on PC then I will not pay them full price.

I bought from CDkeys and expect to receive the steam key tomorrow. This was stated on the download link they sent me.

Though I'm curious - why would you feel guilty about buying from CDkeys? It's fully legit, no?

Cheers guys! I ordered mine for CDKeys too, no link as of yet, but other pre-orders I've made before they usually roll out the day before so, could be today sometime...

Though I'm curious - why would you feel guilty about buying from CDkeys? It's fully legit, no?
No, those shady key resellers are not legit. Just think about it, how are they able to offer you a game cheaper than the publisher itself?

I bought from CDkeys and expect to receive the steam key tomorrow. This was stated on the download link they sent me.

The keys are legit but quite often the stores don't care where they are getting their supply of keys from so they could be purchased using stolen credit cards or from different regions (eg Bulgaria where income is lower than the Uk hence price of goods is lower)

No, those shady key resellers are not legit. Just think about it, how are they able to offer you a game cheaper than the publisher itself?

Perhaps by getting discounts on large quantity orders of boxed copies?

Re- no PC previews ... perhaps they wouldn't risk sending out PC copies without proper Denuvo integration? Who knows ...

The keys are legit but quite often the stores don't care where they are getting their supply of keys from so they could be purchased using stolen credit cards or from different regions (eg Bulgaria where income is lower than the Uk hence price of goods is lower)

When I worked the customer support desk for Bohemia to cover vacations we'd often get angry emails from people wanting to know why we charged their credit card to buy 10 copies of Arma3, you'd think common sense would tell these people to get onto the bank ASAP and get the card stopped and then figure out where their details had been stolen from before sitting to write long, ranting emails to the retailers who're the victims in the whole thing because the keys get used and they get no money for them, then have to spend time and resources to track down all the stolen keys and get them deactivated in Steam!

Anyways with the Fifa demo being completely useless (no sliders, no button config save possible) I'm gonna scratch my football itch by getting this on PC (as much as Konami's contempt for PC users completely fucks me off). I'm getting it from my Indian friend ermm Patelacebo who is buying the game from their Indian steam balance which is topped up with global USD gift cards from here: https://www.seagm.com/steam-wallet-card-code-sea $29.95 for a $30 USD gift card then the payment fee takes it to around $32, the game itself is ₹ 1,299 ($19.39), to accept the gift/activate/install/run obviously requires VPN for three months but only steam requires the VPN so easy to resolve either via split tunnelling so only Steam receives the VPN or just disable the VPN once PES is launched, I also received No Man's Sky this way from my other Indian friend erm Rasheshacebo and it worked perfectly, game itself has no interest in what my IP is :)

BTW I have a discount code to get 1 year's VPN from IPinator completely free, it's a cheap and nasty app but they have servers in many, many countries and does support split tunnelling although I haven't tested it with steam:

Ezo2S0u.jpg

PM me if you want the discount code, the bill you after the year ends via paypal so be sure to sign up with an email address that isn't linked to your paypal account, or just log into the website and choose to cancel "at the end of the billing period" so they don't bill you (just in case they don't warn you they're about to bill you in a year's time!).

Yeah, cdkeys is legit. Well, legit in terms of not getting their keys through shady means like stolen credit card data or stuff like that. Instead, they get their keys in huge quantities by buying them cheap in some eastern european countries.

There's nothing wrong with that, but you'll have to keep in mind that Konami will get next to nothing from those sales. So, in all honesty, you're not really helping sales numbers and thus getting a better PC version of PES in the future by buying on those sites. Definitely a thing to think about.

Yeah, cdkeys is legit. Well, legit in terms of not getting their keys through shady means like stolen credit card data or stuff like that. Instead, they get their keys in huge quantities by buying them cheap in some eastern european countries.

Russian and Eastern bloc PES 2017 keys are region locked requiring VPN to activate/gift/run/install so there's no way they're re-selling those kinds of keys, possibly they get them at a reduced price in bulk

There's nothing wrong with that, but you'll have to keep in mind that Konami will get next to nothing from those sales. So, in all honesty, you're not really helping sales numbers and thus getting a better PC version of PES in the future by buying on those sites. Definitely a thing to think about.
That may be true, but paying full price for a downgraded product is just laughable.

I'm with you on this. Completely.

@Paul: Didn't know that. Makes me wonder where exactly they're getting their keys from then.

I'm with you on this. Completely.

@Paul: Didn't know that. Makes me wonder where exactly they're getting their keys from then.

Well it's common to sell keys at a reduced rate to retailers, we have a fixed price we (we being Bohemia Interactive) sell our Steam keys of Arma3 and DayZ etc for, I can't tell you how much our keys go for to trade for obvious reasons but if you have low overheads and sell enough keys at only a couple of $ markup you can make a living, obviously Steam themselves sell at a huge markup but their overheads are huge with having to maintain the various parts of the infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom