PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Playing through a Copa Libertadores campaign (Superstar, manual passing and shooting) right now with Sao Paulo and was comfortably beaten 2-0 away from home to Corinthians in my opening match (big first match)! Went 1-0 in my next match with Pato, conceded an idiotic penalty and was kicking myself, but then I climbed back into the lead with this:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016_20150915234504 - Video Dailymotion

I was buzzing. I had one of those "PES moments" that I'm always in search of. Felt great. There's some issues I currently have with the game that if fixed, would elevate this game to true greatness. With that said, I feel like I've already played more matches of 2016 within the last day than I did 2015 in an entire year.

Marvellous goal mate!

Nah mate, you have to use US gift card. Avoid paypal like plague. You'll stress yourself in no time.
I bought it for around 70ish AUD (60 USD, use discounted gift cards)

As far as I know, they'll detect the region by IP address so I don't think we'd be matched up to US region (I'll test that later).

Where did u get the us discounted gift card from please?

Playing ML. Struggling in the season with MU to get in the top 10. Got rid of Fellaini, Valdes, Carrick, Young. Got Barkley, Benteke, Thiago in my up to date squad. Loaned Welbeck and loaned out some youngsters. Got my perfect formation finally that suits my team and style. We are in the best 8 of Europa League! Competition is strong but i got Lille luckly.

Smalling is a beast, Blind is a nice all around player, Schweiny is commanding the defence and midfield, Benteke is just like in real life Depay aswell. They are my favs and since i started to play real footy on the screen..not Fifa, not Pro Evo, not Pes16 demo footy but real one the results come and the joy of the game! I actually feel im in England when i sit down to play. Now the games depth finally shines trough...its truly amazing experience in ML.

Also the chants and crowd pretty amazing. And we have corner flag physics on top of that! :)

All we need now is more foul!!! I feal cheated sometimes. Next year more stats more generic stadiums more variation in shooting should come.

But this is the best ML experience ever!

Remember to check regens after the first season ends

Re master league - benteke to Utd? What's that about. He's only just left Villa 6 weeks ago

It's a video game mate.

It's a video game mate.
Not really a fair response. "Why's that goalie sitting in an armchair?" "It's only a video game, mate." "Does that player have wings?" "Video game." "Is that a giant robot version of Sir Alex Ferguson terrorising Manchester in the background behind Old Trafford, chewing robo-gum and looking at his giant Apple watch?" "Video. Game."

FIFA has a system where the real-life transfer dates are recorded in the background so that no new signing moves away in the first season.

It's another one of those 100s of little things that could be done to make the game better, but Konami never do, and I can understand the frustration about those things. They've had years to catch up, whether the gameplay is better (and more important) or not. The gameplay is obviously more important, but that doesn't mean that's all they should work on.

Last edited:
Nah mate, you have to use US gift card. Avoid paypal like plague. You'll stress yourself in no time.
I bought it for around 70ish AUD (60 USD, use discounted gift cards)

As far as I know, they'll detect the region by IP address so I don't think we'd be matched up to US region (I'll test that later).

I only had little time to test PES 2016, but in the lobby menu I only saw EU Servers, so I think that in the US Version we can connect to people in our area.

7c735c19d198bb98975725ed7b170ca3.png

.. I just bit the bullet, downloading now from US psn account. Bought a $50 and $10 us psn card from pcgamesupply.com. Paid $79 via my paypal account, and it took about 10secs to get my codes. Logged into my US psn account via ps4 console, entered each code (one for $50 and one for $10) in the redeem code section, and then purchased the pes2016 for $59.99.. standard bundled version... hopefully im playing some time soon.. :)

Re master league - benteke to Utd? What's that about. He's only just left Villa 6 weeks ago

There probably needs to be something added at Konami's end where you can put someone's time at the club, so they can code something where transfers involving that player are less likely to happen, the less time you have been there.

I'll put the suggestion forward.

Transfers have always been my big bugbear, but then who are we to say what is right or wrong?

Let your world be organic and enjoy it.

Roll back 4/5 years, maybe even 2/3 and if PES had Shaqiri and Bojan at Stoke, im sure people would clamour 'thats bullshit' etc

Football is full of stories like that, if we only look at what 'we' want to, then we can find fault. BUT if we let our imagination run with it (as you should do with games and modes in sports games like Master League etc), then its fun and you should enjoy the variety it brings...

Transfers have always been my big bugbear, but then who are we to say what is right or wrong?

Let your world be organic and enjoy it.

Roll back 4/5 years, maybe even 2/3 and if PES had Shaqiri and Bojan at Stoke, im sure people would clamour 'thats bullshit' etc

Football is full of stories like that, if we only look at what 'we' want to, then we can find fault. BUT if we let our imagination run with it (as you should do with games and modes in sports games like Master League etc), then its fun and you should enjoy the variety it brings...
Somebody gets it. I always edit every player's face and name to create a league of fake/generics, that way I don't have to worry about latest roster updates or unrealistic transfers.

Not really a fair response. "Why's that goalie sitting in an armchair?" "It's only a video game, mate." "Does that player have wings?" "Video game." "Is that a giant robot version of Sir Alex Ferguson terrorising Manchester in the background behind Old Trafford, chewing robo-gum and looking at his giant Apple watch?" "Video. Game."

FIFA has a system where the real-life transfer dates are recorded in the background so that no new signing moves away in the first season.

It's another one of those 100s of little things that could be done to make the game better, but Konami never do, and I can understand the frustration about those things. They've had years to catch up, whether the gameplay is better (and more important) or not. The gameplay is obviously more important, but that doesn't mean that's all they should work on.

Didn't know that FIFA had it. Thatg is great, but it's not that important.
Personally i would like that in PES.

But then there are other people who would like to see this particular transfer possible.

If i look back on my ML carreer since PES1 then i have won leagues, euroleagues and even CL's with teams like Auxerre, Palermo, Atalanta, Lille, Reading (yes Reading!), Real Sociedad, Getafe, AZ and other minions (as a matter of fact i only play with lesser teams).

Is this realistic? It's a video game man...

BAL: am i the star AMF of even the biggest minion in PES? It's a video game man.

I think this can be a perfectly fair answer, for me it certainly is. And i can understand that for other people it isn't a fair answer... that is the choice that sports games developers are facing....

Of course if PES was more customizable one could have the choice and that is perhaps the biggest gripe i've had with PES in the length of years...even the mythical PES 6 and PES5 were not customizable enough....

How long did it take them before one had the choice to begin the ML with Espinas and co or with the real life players? There are dozens of examples like this.

Didn't know that FIFA had it. Thatg is great, but it's not that important.
The thing is though, Gerd, in my opinion - all the little things add up to create something that is important (believability), and I think a few of the guys who are frustrated at PES despite the gameplay developments are often misunderstood because people who only care about the gameplay think they're just "moaners".

That one little thing that FIFA does - "locking" recently signed players to that club for a season so that you don't have e.g. Balotelli moving straight back to Liverpool - is a small thing, but adds to the realism (it spoils the immersion if you see something and go "well that wouldn't happen, Balotelli won't be going back to Liverpool any time soon").

On its own it's not massively important, but then realistic transfer fees are also missing (someone - I think it was SteelHorse75 - pointed out the sale of a superstar for a couple of million in a PES 2016 ML game), transfer destinations can be a bit ropey (big players moving to smaller teams without it making much sense), and there's a lot more FIFA does to keep transfers realistic, even down to wages, contract details and the like (not that it's perfect by any means, but it tries, and succeeds in a lot of ways).

(That's not to say it's the better game, before someone gets offended, I'm just trying to explain that the guys who feel like PES isn't getting anywhere have a case when it comes to this kind of thing. There's a whole team working on PES, not just a gameplay team, and it doesn't feel like there's a lot of work going into each area, only a few areas.)

All those small things add up, and I take them for granted now in FIFA, so when I play the PES ML (which I will) and Sturridge signs for FC Nantes for £2m, I'll feel short-changed, and it's a reminder of how far behind the times the developers are when it comes to fleshing out the game outside of the gameplay, honestly.

I knew I was going to be disappointed when the ML news article started with the headline "new menus"...

(That being said, I think the ML chemistry feature - Team Spirit - is a fantastic idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how that impacts things.)

Last edited:
Simple answer on transfers is an on off switch.

On, the game restricts transfers and makes big players less likely to join smaller teams (though still possible by introducing agents who offer them to smaller clubs as a way of stepping up the ladder eg, "his agent indicates he only wants to play for our club for a year or two and then move to a bigger club, should we take the gamble? His wage demands are quite high but it will improve the whole team in the short term")

It also registers new signings and restricts them from returning to previous clubs that their loyalty was terrible at etc.
But you can still get new signings on a loan like if they're young. They sign for Chelsea but then get loaned back out etc.

I also think that new players should have wage demands based on your other players wages, so if you sign someone amazing it looks at say, Rooney and says they want the same wage or if your club ranking is high but you've got average wages it goes off that. So the idea is you're constantly balancing wages against your team/club standing.

Off, its pure fantasy football. You buy players so long as you meet the requirements like cash, team rating etc.

Last edited:
.. I just bit the bullet, downloading now from US psn account. Bought a $50 and $10 us psn card from pcgamesupply.com. Paid $79 via my paypal account, and it took about 10secs to get my codes. Logged into my US psn account via ps4 console, entered each code (one for $50 and one for $10) in the redeem code section, and then purchased the pes2016 for $59.99.. standard bundled version... hopefully im playing some time soon.. :)

Enjoy! Thats what I did (UK) and saved myself about £20 in the process! I dont really play online so not such an issue:SMUG:

I’m waiting for @Chris Davies (no pressure mate!) review of Fifa16 full game before deciding whether to cancel my Fifa order and get PES.
If Chris reports that slow mode on Fifa is faster than demo then ill order PES.
I love the Fifa Demo speed. Its pure perfection.
No point in ordering PES today as I’ll get tomorrow and can’t play it anyway due to being at work and then out for the evening.
If I am to get PES then ill order it for weekend so i have editing time which looks quite fun as ive never done it that way.

Simple answer on transfers is an on off switch.

That is a great idea.
In older versions it used to be possible to select the frequency of transfer activity. I always selected very low.

Chris, basically i agree with you. Konami are immersion killers.
But imo immersion is something very subjective.

I hope this is the first time that i will sound like the boring old fart that i sometimes am. I'm not one to say that in my time everything was bettter. But (of course there is a but), it seems that my generation had more imagination than younger people.

Best example is football manager. To me that is the most immersive game i've ever played. But since they show the matches (not the dots, they were great) it became less and less immersive for me...i like the fact that my imagination can fill in blanks (that is also why i Always prefer the book to the movie).

What am i trying to say? That immersive elements are very subjective. What is immersive for me, might not be for somebody else.

But basically we agree...

Forum needs a like button for posts like that. Sums up a lot of the frustrations many have with game

Back
Top Bottom