PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Sorry if its a dumb question, I just bought a PS4, but if I buy it on PSN Store (Austria) is there a preload, or do I have to wait until 17th to start the download?

So what's the news on option files on ps4? (I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so sorry if it's common knowledge)

Any new/returning modes like create stadiums?

Is master league improved ?

Just seen how kits work this year. No OFs but it looks like the kits will be amazing. Is there a limit to how many we can add though?

Just watching the 'first 30 mins of ML now'

My biggest issue with ML last year was it was a bad year for retiring players so in the first year you could get regens of lampard, drogba, terry, Gerrard and like 20 more really easily. My game just got flooded by regens and it unbalanced it all terribly.
They need to either mirror real world more or make a new seperate mode that does.

Edit
Video finished

They claimed to have "completely" revamped ML. Except the video shows it's the same as it always was. Just with a lot of bells and whistles. Terrible stuff.

Last edited:
I think the ML update is all it needed really. A bit more depth to make it more engaging. Nothing over the top. What were you expecting?

my friend just played 2 games online, US server.... he said he didn't experience any lag, felt smooth and very responsive. FYI ppl

I'm curious how bad is the foul system online or in human vs human games offline?

is it less of an issue or it still a big issue?

comments everyone..

Here in Austria KONAMI managed to send out the copies of the game too late :( . Classic. Some stores wrote it on Twitter. So anybody here please, who pre ordered the game in PS Store Europe who can tell me if there is a preload? Dont want to buy it and wait hours to start because everybody loads it at 0:00.

For the strips to insert: PES 2016 allows to insert exactly 342 kits on ps4. Changing the size to 1024x1024 has no effect ;)

There is a weird issue. I have imported some dark blue kits like columbia away and it appears black in pes 2016...

4zmYoN5.png

Galatasaray and Maccabi are great for CL, plus my Independiente!
And Maracana of course.

Game speed felt comparable to the demo in my opinion, but who knows. I could be wrong. I do know that the responsiveness on -1 feels better than when I tried it with the demo, but again, could be placebo.

Been playing the retail version this afternoon and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's definitely a more polished version of the demo but my two biggest impressions so far are:

1) The game plays really fast. Definitely seems faster than the demo for me. I always thought PES played a bit too slow so I'm amazed at how quick it is now.

2) There's a lot of goals in this game, and many of them have been rather shitty/lame. I just lost to Real Madrid 4-2 and I'd say maybe two of the goals were what I'd call good goals.

At the moment this is kinda reminding me of a PES version of FIFA 15, which isn't a good thing.

(And how the hell do Konami release their game with friggin old rosters?!)

I think the ML update is all it needed really. A bit more depth to make it more engaging. Nothing over the top. What were you expecting?

Expecting... The exact same ML we get every year.

What I would have liked to see...

Less weird transfers
Manager AI and individuality so like Wenger buying youth while a Mourinhio goes for expensive big names.
Club ai (so big clubs act like big clubs and also if they sell a striker they try to replace them, not sell Rooney and then blindly struggle on)
Players that will never leave a club or be sold due to their loyalty
Dealing with players agents and player demands
Transfer deadline day
Stadium upgrading so you can start in a shit stadium and then purchase the improvements and see the stadium grow. (I don't mean toilets and food but actual structural improvements for more capacity.
I'm hoping for the development graphs to return on players skills
On field actions directly affecting player ratings, so you score lots of headers their header rating goes up.

Regens as an on/off option
And tied to that... Vastly more players and lower leagues. Lower leagues especially are needed for that real world feeling.

Instead it appears like we get new menus and a stats page and they replaced smiley faces on transfers with a silly % ! Fucking horrible idea. The only indication should be either to say the player is keen or their club are keen to sell. So you then either have to offer more cash up front but they'll play for less or the club want to sell but the players not so sure.

Last edited:
to all the guys in Oz, jb have delayed there pes 16 order till the 25th, looks like EB games will have it first on the 22nd, but found a way to get the game now, need to buy gift cards and use them on US PSN stores, goodluck

to all the guys in Oz, jb have delayed there pes 16 order till the 25th, looks like EB games will have it first on the 22nd, but found a way to get the game now, need to buy gift cards and use them on US PSN stores, goodluck

To be honest I don't care. After knowing that online is shit yet again plus no OF I think I will stick with the demo whenever I get sick of playing Fifa 16 which is brilliant by the way...Konami can suck a fat one

I'm curious how bad is the foul system online or in human vs human games offline?

is it less of an issue or it still a big issue?

comments everyone..

Absolutely no issue at all 2v1 or 1v1 with the demo...playing vs CPU was the problem. Not sure of retail version though.

To be honest I don't care. After knowing that online is shit yet again plus no OF I think I will stick with the demo whenever I get sick of playing Fifa 16 which is brilliant by the way...Konami can suck a fat one

i understand the frustration, im more of an offline gamer, only cos online is terrible, but il go on and see what its like against fellow aussies and il get back to you on that.

Yeah mate. I've given up and thinking of getting it from US PSN.

EB has pushed it back to 25th too.

Y'know, there are some posters in here whom when I read their posts and criticisms I think "fair enough. I want more of that/better that too in a football game" because PES2016 isn't perfect.

But then they go "But in FIFA..." and go off on one about how AMAZINGLY REALISTIC SUPER-DUPER SIMULATION FIFA is. I just need to stop reading after that because I know I am dealing with someone who thinks a game that demands a stupid amount of button prompts/inputs to do the most simple of actions, and thinks that it in some way simulates or approximates the effortless nature of knocking a ball about, just doesn't play football the same way I do.

It's nothing personal. You just might overthink football, when actually playing football, thus find FIFA's multiple inputs and prompts an accurate representation of how you play the game, or imagine how a professional does.

Knocking a football about; running with a football;it is an incredibly simple thing to do. PES realises that where FIFA doesn't in my opinion. PES this year has more in the way of contextual flair than FIFA does and reminds me greatly of PES' of old. And boy has that been missing from football games for almost ten years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom