PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Y'know, there are some posters in here whom when I read their posts and criticisms I think "fair enough. I want more of that/better that too in a football game" because PES2016 isn't perfect.

But then they go "But in FIFA..." and go off on one about how AMAZINGLY REALISTIC SUPER-DUPER SIMULATION FIFA is. I just need to stop reading after that because I know I am dealing with someone who thinks a game that demands a stupid amount of button prompts/inputs to do the most simple of actions, and thinks that it in some way simulates or approximates the effortless nature of knocking a ball about, just doesn't play football the same way I do.

It's nothing personal. You just might overthink football, when actually playing football, thus find FIFA's multiple inputs and prompts an accurate representation of how you play the game, or imagine how a professional does.

Knocking a football about, running with a football, is an incredibly simple thing to do. PES realises that where FIFA doesn't.

Obviously you haven't played FIfA 16. This year FIFA is incredibly complex (in a good way) and you don't need fancy tricks to be able to rip teams apart. Momentum and dribbling is really well.implemented. FIfA 15 was rubbish, this year is a whole different ball game, pun intended

Obviously you haven't played FIfA 16. This year FIFA is incredibly complex (in a good way) and you don't need fancy tricks to be able to rip teams apart. Momentum and dribbling is really well.implemented. FIfA 15 was rubbish, this year is a whole different ball game, pun intended

I have, and it is a brilliant Sky Sports simulator.

Nah, FIFA is pretty good, but I could not possibly agree that it is incredibly complex in a good way.

Last edited:

So you don't like it? Fair enough, I'm happy I got two great soccer games to choose from this year. One is the full package with great gameplay, the other one is a half assed job with great gameplay as well. I think we all know which one is which.

Nah, FIFA is pretty good, but I could not possibly agree that it is incredibly complex in a good way.

I think the options you are given are great in FIfA like the low lob passes with R1, the protect the ball with R2, the no touch dribbling with L1, the driven pass with R1. Gives you so many weapons in your arsenal and makes PES look basic and uninspired. In saying that playing Pes is still fun, no one can deny that...

Playing through a Copa Libertadores campaign (Superstar, manual passing and shooting) right now with Sao Paulo and was comfortably beaten 2-0 away from home to Corinthians in my opening match (big first match)! Went 1-0 in my next match with Pato, conceded an idiotic penalty and was kicking myself, but then I climbed back into the lead with this:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016_20150915234504 - Video Dailymotion@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video

I was buzzing. I had one of those "PES moments" that I'm always in search of. Felt great. There's some issues I currently have with the game that if fixed, would elevate this game to true greatness. With that said, I feel like I've already played more matches of 2016 within the last day than I did 2015 in an entire year.

Playing ML. Struggling in the season with MU to get in the top 10. Got rid of Fellaini, Valdes, Carrick, Young. Got Barkley, Benteke, Thiago in my up to date squad. Loaned Welbeck and loaned out some youngsters. Got my perfect formation finally that suits my team and style. We are in the best 8 of Europa League! Competition is strong but i got Lille luckly.

Smalling is a beast, Blind is a nice all around player, Schweiny is commanding the defence and midfield, Benteke is just like in real life Depay aswell. They are my favs and since i started to play real footy on the screen..not Fifa, not Pro Evo, not Pes16 demo footy but real one the results come and the joy of the game! I actually feel im in England when i sit down to play. Now the games depth finally shines trough...its truly amazing experience in ML.

Also the chants and crowd pretty amazing. And we have corner flag physics on top of that! :)

All we need now is more foul!!! I feal cheated sometimes. Next year more stats more generic stadiums more variation in shooting should come.

But this is the best ML experience ever!

Last edited:
Playing through a Copa Libertadores campaign (Superstar, manual passing and shooting) right now with Sao Paulo and was comfortably beaten 2-0 away from home to Corinthians in my opening match (big first match)! Went 1-0 in my next match with Pato, conceded an idiotic penalty and was kicking myself, but then I climbed back into the lead with this:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016_20150915234504 - Video Dailymotion

I was buzzing. I had one of those "PES moments" that I'm always in search of. Felt great. There's some issues I currently have with the game that if fixed, would elevate this game to true greatness. With that said, I feel like I've already played more matches of 2016 within the last day than I did 2015 in an entire year.

Commentary obviously still not great but the timing of "Now it's Pato. IT'S PATO!" then timing of the crowd as the ball goes in was pretty damn sweet.

Commentary obviously still not great but the timing of "Now it's Pato. IT'S PATO!" then timing of the crowd as the ball goes in was pretty damn sweet.

Agreed. That's pretty much word for word what I said to myself after I scored that. The timing and atmosphere of it all really got me going LOL.

Last edited:
While the game is downloading, you have the option to play an exhibition between barca and juve,The gameplay is even better than the videos, all you guys are in for a treat, all I can say is wow, better than I expected., shooting with different players is more pronounced, also the ball is even more loose than the demo. -1 speed feels even better than demo.

Last edited:
How do you get it from us psn, how do you pay for it? Won't you then be locked into playing with US/Latin America people online?

Don't know bout region lock and only playing against US and surrounding areas..il wait and see once I've fully downloaded it, to pay for it, you need to go through 3 steps.

1. Create a U.S. PSN
2. Create a new email account
3. Buy U.S. PSN gift cards from Amazon.

Bit of a ball breaker depends on how much you want it. I couldn't wait another week for it, would've driven me insane.

While the game is downloading, you have the option to play an exhibition between barca and jive,The gameplay is even better than the videos, all you guys are in for a treat, all I can say is wow, better than I expected., shooting with different players is more pronounced, also the ball is even more loose than the demo. -1 speed feels even better than demo.

Same here, full game is a bit different than the demo in a good way. Really happy how it plays, did not expect it to be much better than the demo.

Don't know bout region lock and only playing against US and surrounding areas..il wait and see once I've fully downloaded it, to pay for it, you need to go through 3 steps.

1. Create a U.S. PSN
2. Create a new email account
3. Buy U.S. PSN gift cards from Amazon.

Bit of a ball breaker depends on how much you want it. I couldn't wait another week for it, would've driven me insane.

Thanks mate. Already got the psn us account and the seprate email. I'll need to get the gift cards.

Can anyone with knowledge let me know whether the region lock.for online games is based on the region you got the game from or the profile you are using???

Info
@danwally14: Doesn't look like there's enough kit slots for all teams that need kits. You may need to choose your priority! #PES2016

Annoying for editing fans.
If I were Konami id scrap the managers face option. Is that essential??

Playing ML. Struggling in the season with MU to get in the top 10. Got rid of Fellaini, Valdes, Carrick, Young. Got Barkley, Benteke, Thiago in my up to date squad. Loaned Welbeck and loaned out some youngsters. Got my perfect formation finally that suits my team and style. We are in the best 8 of Europa League! Competition is strong but i got Lille luckly.

Smalling is a beast, Blind is a nice all around player, Schweiny is commanding the defence and midfield, Benteke is just like in real life Depay aswell. They are my favs and since i started to play real footy on the screen..not Fifa, not Pro Evo, not Pes16 demo footy but real one the results come and the joy of the game! I actually feel im in England when i sit down to play. Now the games depth finally shines trough...its truly amazing experience in ML.

Also the chants and crowd pretty amazing. And we have corner flag physics on top of that! :)

All we need now is more foul!!! I feal cheated sometimes. Next year more stats more generic stadiums more variation in shooting should come.

But this is the best ML experience ever!

Oh man...
I've been really holding myself back from starting a ML until Konami releases the Squad updates (Asim said they'll probably do it on Friday). But you're really making me want to start it right now with everything as it is.

It looks as if it actually is due to the way of playing.
The first time in years in PES the defense slides agessively.
In my playing on the difficulty "Professional" I was often fouled by the AI.
Here is one of several situations.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BFD77E6304DF554A!823&authkey=!AJj8jCU1_y0z10o&ithint=video,mp4

I agree. The CPU is a lot more aggressive. Although that doesn't translate in fouls called by the ref. That's the letdown, IMHO. I've got a lot of hard sliding tackles or situations where I got rid of the ball before the opponent took me down and it looked AWESOME but the ref just... didn't see it that way I guess. LOL.
BTW I love how that video looked. The colors. Would love to know your TV image settings. I've spent about an hour trying to calibrate my TV to get the best outta PES but I'm still not satisfied. I have a Samsung 55' LED SmarTv btw.

Also... I've already edited the top teams from the EPL, and a few national teams, but I can't really see myself going through all the trouble of actually editing a full league, let alone create the players, etc. That's a shame.
I still have a little faith that before the end of the year we'll get some update from Sony that will allow us to use and share Option Files. Call me crazy, but I still keep that little hope in me.

It looks as if it actually is due to the way of playing.
The first time in years in PES the defense slides agessively.
In my playing on the difficulty "Professional" I was often fouled by the AI.
Here is one of several situations.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BFD77E6304DF554A!823&authkey=!AJj8jCU1_y0z10o&ithint=video,mp4
Yeah, I've said before it can be the way you play that incites the fouls. If I focus on plenty of fancy footwork in the final third, outside of their box, I can draw a lunge and a free-kick.

It's the punishment for human-like mistakes by way of untimed lunges & general rough treatment, by the AI, that are missing at the moment. I'm seeing some situations that would have got me something last year go unpunished in this - i.e. getting knocked off balance when rounding a defender. Getting a penalty from open play seems harder too.

It's not putting me off playing though. Had some great matches last night, really absorbing.

Last edited:
im downloading it nearly half way, better off getting it on US psn, australia is a delay overall.

can you just get a regular gift card (aussie psn card), or does it have a to be a us psn gift card?? I have a US account etc, but thought I could only pay with a us credit card (im pretty sure my paypal didn't work last time) or us gift card.

Also, having a US version of the game, doesn't that mean you'll be up against American players in online friendlies etc?? Lastly, how much is the game going for in Australian - I guess I can check :) just being lazy on that one :)

Yes, i agree..
This year, Fifa is a real competitor almost for my personal taste
I'll purchase both.

I think the options you are given are great in FIfA like the low lob passes with R1, the protect the ball with R2, the no touch dribbling with L1, the driven pass with R1. Gives you so many weapons in your arsenal and makes PES look basic and uninspired. In saying that playing Pes is still fun, no one can deny that...

I agree with you on the variations.. animation wise, but particularly what you can actually do control wise.. its really amazing. Mind you I love fifa's celebration style, and I know a lot of the guys couldn't care less.

The issue I have with fifa16 atm are 2 major things that PES2016 does so well.
1. There is a huge lack of balance between defending and attacking in fifa16. Defending should be easier and easier to control. Attacking should only be easy with the guns: robben, hazard etc. Pes16 does this very well. Its kinda what pes6 did really really well, and pes5 to an extent (easier to control a defending player than an attacking player dribbling with the ball - mind you pes5 had catch up bugs.. ). And although pes6/pes5 was so hectic, it had an element of balance between defence and attack.

2. Fifa16's framerate is not as smooth as pes2016's.. ive played both the ps4 and pc version, and its definitely not as smooth as butter like pes. I think this also has to do with the panning of the camera following the ball. Its a bit stutter with fifa, regarless of camera view. Ive noticed it very rarely on the pes2016 demo, where camera (for a brief millisecond) forgets to pan with the ball - around the bi line..

There is a 3rd, player physics. Neymar's body in fifa is hilarious..big hands thin arms...I could go on with this, but everybody knows fifa's players still look a bit silly. Animation wise everything looks great.. but just fix those damn player physics, make things smoother, and improve gameplay balance between defence and attack.

anyways that's my take. ill get both, since I love pes's gameplay, but fifa's variety ;)

Y'know, there are some posters in here whom when I read their posts and criticisms I think "fair enough. I want more of that/better that too in a football game" because PES2016 isn't perfect.

But then they go "But in FIFA..." and go off on one about how AMAZINGLY REALISTIC SUPER-DUPER SIMULATION FIFA is. I just need to stop reading after that because I know I am dealing with someone who thinks a game that demands a stupid amount of button prompts/inputs to do the most simple of actions, and thinks that it in some way simulates or approximates the effortless nature of knocking a ball about, just doesn't play football the same way I do.

It's nothing personal. You just might overthink football, when actually playing football, thus find FIFA's multiple inputs and prompts an accurate representation of how you play the game, or imagine how a professional does.

Knocking a football about; running with a football;it is an incredibly simple thing to do. PES realises that where FIFA doesn't in my opinion. PES this year has more in the way of contextual flair than FIFA does and reminds me greatly of PES' of old. And boy has that been missing from football games for almost ten years.

I wish I loved PES16 but for some reason I dont. No idea why. As a fan since ISS on the SNES this is the first time I wont be buying it first day. Shame.

Hopefully this will arrive Friday (or maybe Thursday if I'm lucky).

If not, I won't get it till next week as it's being delivered to my work.

FD

can you just get a regular gift card (aussie psn card), or does it have a to be a us psn gift card?? I have a US account etc, but thought I could only pay with a us credit card (im pretty sure my paypal didn't work last time) or us gift card.

Also, having a US version of the game, doesn't that mean you'll be up against American players in online friendlies etc?? Lastly, how much is the game going for in Australian - I guess I can check :) just being lazy on that one :)

Nah mate, you have to use US gift card. Avoid paypal like plague. You'll stress yourself in no time.
I bought it for around 70ish AUD (60 USD, use discounted gift cards)

As far as I know, they'll detect the region by IP address so I don't think we'd be matched up to US region (I'll test that later).

2. Fifa16's framerate is not as smooth as pes2016's.. ive played both the ps4 and pc version, and its definitely not as smooth as butter like pes. I think this also has to do with the panning of the camera following the ball. Its a bit stutter with fifa, regarless of camera view. Ive noticed it very rarely on the pes2016 demo, where camera (for a brief millisecond) forgets to pan with the ball - around the bi line..
That´s what I realized too.

On PC the setting Framelock on 60 FPS is activated though and haven´t tried the other setting (what is it called? "unlock framerate" or something?) yet.
Could that ease it doen maybe?

PES is really butter smooth in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom