PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

The digital download in my UK PSN has started but only shows 2.439 GB. What is this, does anyone know? By the way, the update file for PES2016 has already been downloaded. Even if the whole game is downloaded, would I not be able to play until the announced release time of 11pm UK tonight?

The digital download in my UK PSN has started but only shows 2.439 GB. What is this, does anyone know? By the way, the update file for PES2016 has already been downloaded. Even if the whole game is downloaded, would I not be able to play until the announced release time of 11pm UK tonight?

It downloads the base game but then downloads another 20GB when you launch the game, you can play exhibition matches with 4 teams while its doing this, took forever.

It downloads the base game but then downloads another 20GB when you launch the game, you can play exhibition matches with 4 teams while its doing this, took forever.

Thanks mate. I anyway am working tomorrow and day after. So all I'm gonna do is to edit teams and go for the big bang kick off on Friday night.

I'm confused because i pre ordered but then had second thoughts so i didnt fill my wallet. Yesterday i got an email saying it had been cancelled because of lack of funds. This morning i changed my mind again and decided to order it again but couldnt put money in my wallet, then i got an email saying it had been cancelled again. But when i checked its downloading. :CONFUSE:

The thing is though, Gerd, in my opinion - all the little things add up to create something that is important (believability), and I think a few of the guys who are frustrated at PES despite the gameplay developments are often misunderstood because people who only care about the gameplay think they're just "moaners".

That one little thing that FIFA does - "locking" recently signed players to that club for a season so that you don't have e.g. Balotelli moving straight back to Liverpool - is a small thing, but adds to the realism (it spoils the immersion if you see something and go "well that wouldn't happen, Balotelli won't be going back to Liverpool any time soon").

On its own it's not massively important, but then realistic transfer fees are also missing (someone - I think it was SteelHorse75 - pointed out the sale of a superstar for a couple of million in a PES 2016 ML game), transfer destinations can be a bit ropey (big players moving to smaller teams without it making much sense), and there's a lot more FIFA does to keep transfers realistic, even down to wages, contract details and the like (not that it's perfect by any means, but it tries, and succeeds in a lot of ways).

(That's not to say it's the better game, before someone gets offended, I'm just trying to explain that the guys who feel like PES isn't getting anywhere have a case when it comes to this kind of thing. There's a whole team working on PES, not just a gameplay team, and it doesn't feel like there's a lot of work going into each area, only a few areas.)

All those small things add up, and I take them for granted now in FIFA, so when I play the PES ML (which I will) and Sturridge signs for FC Nantes for £2m, I'll feel short-changed, and it's a reminder of how far behind the times the developers are when it comes to fleshing out the game outside of the gameplay, honestly.

I knew I was going to be disappointed when the ML news article started with the headline "new menus"...

(That being said, I think the ML chemistry feature - Team Spirit - is a fantastic idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how that impacts things.)

Well said! PES could be the complete package if Konami paid attention to all those details, if only....i dont think they ever will tho

I played about 10 games last night ONLINE with a good friend whom I've been playing PES with since the PS2 days and I must say this game is pure joy. Few factors that concern ppl.

1. fouls -- when playing vs a human the foul issue is gone, we were both committing fouls at a normal PES clip. Nothing like the demo vs the AI

2. game speed -- felt a lot like PES2010 and PES 2012, 2013.

3. online performance -- in those 10 or so games, we have ZERO lag, no response issues like 2015, every game was pure joy as far as connection

4. passing -- I do think that the passing accuracy and speed could be toned down a bit, at times it does feel a bit ping pongish and the through passes are a bit off, especially in traffic, the system seems to get confused who it should really go to at times.

5. gol scoring -- we scored a veriety of different types of goals, some of the plays leading up to gols looked very realistic, from the buildup to the animation and finishing

6. Nets -- the nets look amazing, better than the demo.

Overall a pleasant experience, and light years better than last year. Hopefully with a patch they could sort out some of the issues.

My main thing with this game is the special goals are happening every game almost and takes away the jump from your seat moments of making you think you did something good to the computer let you do it.

The shooting is too overpowered and in previous years it used to punish you for wrong foot, wrong type of player by making you shoot into row z or nearer corner flag but every long range shot seems to cause the keepers concern, add to that the fact they stay on their lines during a one on one it just kills the joy.

Just annoys me because they have worked on the animations of the keepers but the standard behaviour is still the same as 2014.

Game will update fine, you will only be able to play Barca vs Juve until it DL's 19GB fully

That is a great idea.
In older versions it used to be possible to select the frequency of transfer activity. I always selected very low.

Chris, basically i agree with you. Konami are immersion killers.
But imo immersion is something very subjective.

I hope this is the first time that i will sound like the boring old fart that i sometimes am. I'm not one to say that in my time everything was bettter. But (of course there is a but), it seems that my generation had more imagination than younger people.

Best example is football manager. To me that is the most immersive game i've ever played. But since they show the matches (not the dots, they were great) it became less and less immersive for me...i like the fact that my imagination can fill in blanks (that is also why i Always prefer the book to the movie).

What am i trying to say? That immersive elements are very subjective. What is immersive for me, might not be for somebody else.

But basically we agree...

Totally get that, especially the FM, I used to but that faithfully and now, I can't be bothered with it.

FD

I wouldn't mind seeing transfer difficulty/frequency options again as at least it let's the user tailor the mode to their preference but at the end of the day they need to keep some sort of element of fantasy to it as its near on impossible to make it completely realistic anyway

I played about 10 games last night ONLINE with a good friend whom I've been playing PES with since the PS2 days and I must say this game is pure joy. Few factors that concern ppl.

3. online performance -- in those 10 or so games, we have ZERO lag, no response issues like 2015, every game was pure joy as far as connection

Hello mate,

You're talking about US servers I guess ?
Got to try about 5-6x games online yesterday night and it was HORRIBLE. Moving players is quite bad but the worst is the input lag.
Had no real problems with 2015 on my side (yes offline was still better, but had no big input lag whatsoever)... maybe the servers load for the launch ?

The biggest issue is the impossibility of playing full manual : one-touch passes are totally impossible.
The power jauge is always at minimum, no matter how long you press X. So basically the pass just leave player's feet a bit and that's it.
The power jauge problem is the same with assisted settings but as the game compensate for the power, it's not really noticeable.

Too bad also lvl 1 is WAY too assisted but hey, that's another topic...

On a side note I can't BELIEVE there's still no match making per team strenght... it's again endless Real / bayern matches in divisions... :RANT:

My main thing with this game is the special goals are happening every game almost and takes away the jump from your seat moments of making you think you did something good to the computer let you do it.

The shooting is too overpowered and in previous years it used to punish you for wrong foot, wrong type of player by making you shoot into row z or nearer corner flag but every long range shot seems to cause the keepers concern, add to that the fact they stay on their lines during a one on one it just kills the joy.

Just annoys me because they have worked on the animations of the keepers but the standard behaviour is still the same as 2014.

Are you playing the full version, cos from my experience so far superstar level is brutal and creating chances depending on which side your playing against creates those off your seat moments.

Are you playing the full version, cos from my experience so far superstar level is brutal and creating chances depending on which side your playing against creates those off your seat moments.

Full version, haven't played much to be fair so will have a go tonight for a couple of hours

I finally got to play the full game (US) yesterday.

First of all, I liked the demo but it made me feel sometimes meh about scoring, now I switched to manual shooting for a few games and although 98% of my shots ended up 5 blocks away from the stadium, when I actually connected one, wow, great feeling.
I switched to assisted 1 level for 1 game and I won easily 5-0, so I am hoping I can master manual shooting more.

Fouls, same as the demo, I really hope they fix this, it was nice to play fifa demo and actually get fouls from the AI. (set pieces suck though, esp penalties)

Gameplay, for some reason I feel it plays a little better, my players are running better in spaces, the AI is not ping pong-ing so much as the demo. However I feel they could be a bit more aggressive in the attack

Commentary is good, after hearing the same thing for 5 years anything is good, although a few more lines will hopefully be added next year as I've heard the striker's name shouted quite a few times already.

Kits: I understand people are p*ssed off about the OF, but I fixed the BPL in 35min and it was totally worth it. They looked great on the PS4 and the process was easy.

In the end, I was late for work today because I kept playing games, something that didn't happen in the demo (could be that I was just tired of the same teams, or the assisted goals didn't give me any enjoyment). Enjoying the game.

Hello mate,

You're talking about US servers I guess ?
Got to try about 5-6x games online yesterday night and it was HORRIBLE. Moving players is quite bad but the worst is the input lag.
Had no real problems with 2015 on my side (yes offline was still better, but had no big input lag whatsoever)... maybe the servers load for the launch ?

The biggest issue is the impossibility of playing full manual : one-touch passes are totally impossible.
The power jauge is always at minimum, no matter how long you press X. So basically the pass just leave player's feet a bit and that's it.
The power jauge problem is the same with assisted settings but as the game compensate for the power, it's not really noticeable.

Too bad also lvl 1 is WAY too assisted but hey, that's another topic...

On a side note I can't BELIEVE there's still no match making per team strenght... it's again endless Real / bayern matches in divisions... :RANT:

Hi there... yes I'm talking about the US version. Lets keep in mind, I played vs a friend and we both have good connections and high speed internet. I don't know how quick match would be... to be honest I don't look forward to quick match as every game will be vs Real Madrid any way. As for the pass assist, I agree, I touched on this in my review, +1 is too assisted and it would be nice if they could tone the assist down a bit.

Playing the retail code, are other people seeing tons of second chance, rebound goals?

In the last game I played I had 3 goals scored coming from keeper parries.

Back
Top Bottom